The Most Extreme Punishment Chapter 07

Printer-friendly version

Genesis' memories of what happened next were scattered.

After the encounter with Wallace, she went back inside the gym and met back up with Charlotte, who then gave Genesis a ride home while consoling her about the traumatic event. Then Genesis got home and opened up to her parents about the incident. Both of them were just as horrified as Genesis expected. Even Ramona didn't seem to have many insults in store. Reginald and Paulette sat down with Genesis and tried to console her, but Genesis didn't care. She just wanted to go to bed and forget this whole thing happened.

When she awoke the next morning, however, Genesis still didn't feel good. As she got out of bed and went into the bathroom, she felt bloated and lightheaded. It didn't help that her reflection in the mirror looked really messy. But when she sat down on the toilet to pee, she found out why she felt so blah. She'd started her period again.

"Ugh," Genesis groaned. Why did it have to be so hard being a woman? Why did she have to deal with so much pain and discomfort every month? She grumpily performed the maintenance necessary for dealing with menstrual periods-putting on a pad and then taking a Midol pill from the bottle Ramona kept in one of the bathroom drawers. But by the time she'd washed her hands and left the bathroom, she still didn't feel any better.

Genesis went into the kitchen to get herself some food. There she found Ramona making herself a bowl of oatmeal. "Hey," Genesis said halfheartedly.

"Hey," said Ramona. "Feeling better?"

"No," said Genesis. "I just got my period. Again."

"Ah," said Ramona. Surprisingly, she didn't sound very rude or demeaning. She wasn't about to admit it, but it seemed like Ramona felt sorry for Genesis after what happened at the dance last night.

"And tonight's the Homecoming football game," Genesis went on. "And I don't know if I can get through it."

"You're gonna have to," said Ramona. "This is our first real performance this school year. We're going to need everyone-even you-to do the best they can."

"Even when I'm on my period?"

Ramona's eyebrows knit together. All of a sudden, she slipped right back into the bitchy persona that she was known for. "Genesis, part of being a woman is looking and acting your best even when Aunt Flo is in for a visit. Do you think my mom's boss at work cares if she's in a lot of pain from her period? No, he does not. He requires her to be in for work whenever she is scheduled, no matter what her body is doing."

"Even if she's vomiting, or her appendix burst, or she gets diagnosed with cancer?"

"You know what I mean," said Ramona. "If every other woman in the world can put up with having their period, you can too."

Genesis was astounded at Ramona's audacity. She was a girl, too, so if anyone should get what Genesis was going through, it was her. But it didn't seem like there was anything Genesis could do to change her mind. All she could really do was slump her shoulders and saunter out of the room.

***

At Paulette's suggestion, Genesis went for a walk around the block later that morning-which, to her surprise, did make her feel better. In fact, for the rest of the afternoon, she did feel pretty good considering what time of the month it was. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to last. When the evening came, and Genesis had to get ready to go to the Homecoming football game, she started to feel nauseous.

"Here," Reginald said when Genesis told him she wasn't feeling so good. "Try taking some enzymes. That might help."

"Thanks," said Genesis. She took an enzyme capsule from her father and ate it. "Think I'll be okay tonight?"

"Of course you will," said Reginald.

"I hope you're right," said Genesis.

Genesis and Ramona rode with their parents to the school. They got there a little early so Genesis and Ramona could prepare for cheerleading. As Genesis did the warm-up exercises with her fellow cheerleaders, she felt her nausea continue despite taking the enzyme. She couldn't help feeling worried, because over the years she'd heard conflicting advice about whether exercise would make you more or less likely to throw up. She sincerely hoped the latter was true, because she did not need any more trouble.

When the students, parents, teachers, and other spectators started filing into the footballs stands, the cheerleaders did a basic welcoming routine. Genesis tried to ignore the cramping in her stomach and abdomen, doing her cheer moves and smiling for the crowd. She couldn't help wondering if the people could tell that she was faking being happy, and that she was actually in quite a bit of pain.

All throughout the game, Genesis sat on the bench beside the field with the other cheerleaders. She watched the football game to try to distract herself from the pain, which helped. Sort of. And she did get up to do cheers every once in a while.

After the first quarter had passed, Genesis was sitting on the bench when she heard someone from behind her. "Hey Gene," said the voice. Genesis turned and, to her shock, saw that it was Cassy.

"Cassy?" Genesis asked, stunned.

"Hi there," Cassy said, giving a triumphant smile. "How are you liking your new life?"

"What the...you know? You actually know?"

"Oh yes," said Cassy. "Mirna told me. Since you harassing me was the reason she turned you into a girl, she felt like I had a right to know."

Genesis glared at Cassy. "Well, it's been awful," she said. "I just had Wallace Mendoza-my former best friend!-try to rape me at the Homecoming Dance!"

"Yes, I heard all about it," said Cassy. "It seems that you're experiencing firsthand how you made girls like me feel."

"I am," said Genesis. "And I've had quite enough of it. Mirna has to change me back right now."

"You really think so?"

"Of course! I get it now! I know I shouldn't have treated you like I did! Or...any of those other girls that I tried to sleep with. So could you please put in a word with your boss and tell her that I can be changed back now?"

Cassy slowly shook her head. "I'm not sure she'll be willing to do that just yet," she said.

"Please! This whole thing is going way too far!"

"Well...I can talk to her," said Cassy. "But I can't promise she'll say yes."

"Okay." Genesis reached over the metal wire fence and hugged Cassy. She wasn't sure why she did that-it just seemed like a girly thing to do. "Thank you."

***

Eventually, they got to halftime, where the cheer squad had to do the big cheer routine they'd been training for. Genesis felt her heart racing as she got into formation with the rest of the cheerleaders. You got this, she said to herself. She'd been practicing this routine and done it successfully lots of times this week. She could do it again tonight.

For a minute there, things went okay. Genesis and Charlotte did a couple cartwheels and stood aside for the other cheerleaders to come in and dance. Once they'd performed their moves, everyone formed up to create a pyramid. Genesis got onto the backs of Talia and Amanda, ready to support the weight of Charlotte. But as everyone was climbing over her, and Ramona got on top to jump up and cheer at the top of her lungs, Genesis' nausea started to rise to a crescendo. She tried to hold it down, but it was building up like water behind a dam. Already, she could feel her stomach acid coming up her esophagus.

"Go, Eastern Plains Tigers!" Ramona exclaimed. She gracefully hopped down from the top of their pyramid and landed on both feet. The other cheerleaders started to disassemble their pyramid and get into formation behind Ramona. They all formed a triangle shape and got ready to shake their pom-poms and do a collective cheer. But right then, Genesis simply couldn't keep it down anymore. She doubled over and vomited all over the grass. At first, most of the cheerleaders were too busy cheering "GO TIGERS!" to notice Genesis. But then Genesis hurled up another barrage of vomit, causing every head to turn her way.

"Oh my gosh!" a guy in the stands exclaimed. "Genesis Rookwood just threw up!"

"Is she okay?" another girl asked.

"Genesis," Charlotte said as she came up to Genesis' side. "I didn't know you were-" She broke off when Genesis retched yet again.

"Genesis," Ramona said through clenched teeth. "What the fuck..."

"I'm sorry," said Genesis. "I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't help it!"

Ramona crinkled her nose at the foul stench of Genesis' vomit. "We'd better clean that up," she said. "But Genesis..." She tried her best to restrain herself, knowing that hundreds of people were watching. "We need to talk."

Genesis didn't even bother trying to argue. She followed Ramona away from the bleachers and off the field. "Genesis Cynthia Rookwood," Ramona said accusingly once they were out of earshot of everyone. "What. The. Actual. Fuck?"

"Ramona, I'm sorry," Genesis repeated. "I didn't mean for that to happen, I swear!"

"That was a new level of embarrassment!" Ramona snapped. "We've been practicing that routine for weeks, and now, when we do it in front of the whole school, you have to go and mess it up!"

"You think I wanted to do that?" Genesis shot back. "You knew full well that I was on my period today. You saw me this morning, when I was feeling like a zombie! But no, you don't care about me or Charlotte or Talia or anyone! All you care about is doing these stupid cheer routines just so you can look hot!"

"Cheerleading is not stupid!" said Ramona. "It's as much of a sport as football or baseball! Oh, but you don't understand that, either, because when you were a man, you were too busy trying to bed women to give a shit about any kind of sport!"

"Hey!" Genesis and Ramona turned to see Mrs. Wilson approaching them, with Reginald and Paulette not far behind. "Ramona, that is quite enough! Genesis, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine now," said Genesis.

"First off, I must ask, why did you come to the game if you were feeling sick?"

"Because Ramona wanted me to come," Genesis answered.

"Did she?"

"Yes. I haven't been feeling good all day today, but she still insisted that I participate tonight. I tried to do it, I tried to make it through without throwing up, but it was just too much."

"Well, I have to admit, I'm impressed that you lasted as long as you did," said Mrs. Wilson. "But Ramona..."

"Mrs. Wilson, you know this game is important!" said Ramona. "We needed everyone here. Genesis made a commitment to cheerleading, and if she's not gonna follow through on it, then she shouldn't even be on the squad."

Well, that was it for Genesis. "Then I quit," she said.

"Excuse me?" Mrs. Wilson asked.

"I quit," Genesis repeated. "Ever since I joined the cheerleading squad, Ramona's been bitching at me about every little thing. She yells at us, she tells us we're not working hard enough, she doesn't even care when we're feeling sick! And if she's gonna keep acting like this, then I don't want to be in the squad!" She threw down her pom-poms and stormed off. As she passed by her parents, Reginald opened his mouth to say something, but Genesis cut him off with "Don't talk to me!"

Ramona just stood there, dumbstruck. Even with all the tension between her and her stepsister, she hadn't quite expected Genesis to flip out like that. "What the hell?" she asked. "Why does everyone keep getting upset? Don't they know how important this is to me?"

"Maybe it's becoming too important," said Mrs. Wilson.

"What?"

The cheerleading coach breathed heavily out of her nose. "I hate to say it, but Genesis is right," she said. "You've been rather harsh with our cheer squad."

"But...I just want them to do well, so that we can get to the regionals..."

"Then you have an interesting way of showing it," said Mrs. Wilson.

Ramona had nothing to say.

"I've been lenient with you, but this will be your final warning," said Mrs. Wilson. "If this kind of behavior continues, I will remove you from the position of captain."

That hit Ramona with a wave of dread. "No," she said.

"Don't test me," said Mrs. Wilson. "I will do it."

"I understand," said Ramona. For the first time in her life, she felt a twinge of guilt. She hated to admit it, but she needed Genesis on her squad. And now she'd lost her. From the way she'd acted, it seemed highly unlikely that Genesis would change her mind. But it was too late. There was nothing else Ramona could do.

At least, she thought so.

To be continued...

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What We Will Never Experience

joannebarbarella's picture

The monthly curse is what every woman goes through. For some it is fairly light and for some it is traumatic. Many of us say we would endure it as an affirmation of femininity, but how would we know until we experienced the reality?

My wife was lucky but I have known girls who were nearly incapacitated for several days each month. This is why TERFs claim that we can never be women, but there is more to being female than some days of difficulty once a month. Our brains tell us as much.

Ramona

could become a "fine" dictator someday. Luckily there are people now to pull that plug. But I woudn't want to see her in a position of power, as in a CEO, president or something similar.
As for getting Genesis back on the squad: Only a lot of ass kissing (and other bribes) might get her back.

Thx for another nice chapter^^

Women Are Magical Creatures

The difference in their emotional and physical makeup is beyond the pale.

Gwen

Me me and me

Jamie Lee's picture

Not only had Gene been experiencing the garbage of being hit on, but also the monthly visit and everything that arrives with it. She's also come face to face with something he may not have seen as a boy, the me me and me syndrome.

The cheerleading squad isn't about Ramona, it's about providing spirit in the hopes those watching the game will join in and root the team on. It's about the other girls on the squad, the ones who are showing up every time there's practice. The squad doesn't belong to Ramona, she belongs to the squad, she is part of a piece that makes up the cheerleading squad.

Ramona's attitude of me me and me first, has spoiled whatever support she may have had from the other girls on the squad and now even from Genesis, as she's had Ramona up to her eyeballs. Yes, Genesis was needed for the pyramid, the other girls were counting on her being one of the supporting pieces. But Ramona was shortsighted, she didn't have anything else practiced in case one of the girls was sick or for some other reason, could attend the game. Ramona knew Genesis wasn't feeling well, knew it was Gene's first time experiencing something like this, and she should have been prepared with another routine to take the place of the pyramid.

Ramona is naÏve to think her dictatorial attitude won't go unnoticed by any college scouts looking for cheerleaders. They will spot it right away and might skip asking her to attend their college or University. If she wants a crack at a cheerleading scholarship, she best change her spots as soon as possible.

Others have feelings too.