The Guilty Are Always Caught Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

Shawn Grubbs wakes up while they are traveling. He looks at the young woman sitting near him and the male sitting across from him.

“Where am I, and who are you guys?” Shawn was confused. The last thing he remembered was being woken up.

“You’re on a Gulfstream heading back to Virginia for the crimes you committed.” Joe looks at the young man sitting across from him.

“As for who we are, I’m Detective Katlian Zane and the big guy sitting across from you is my partner, Detective Joesph Young. We're with the

Augusta Police Department Special Task Force.” Katlain looks at the young man and wonders how someone so young could go so wrong.

“So, you’re not US Marshals?”

“No, but for the crime you committed, it doesn’t matter. Why would you do something so stupid?” Katlain looks at Shawn.

“He’s a faggot and a pervert.” Shawn didn’t like Max at all. He didn’t like any homosexuals and felt they should all be killed.

“And you’re a bigot and an asshole, but you don’t see me trying to kill you, do you?” Katlain hated people like Shawn and the white supremacy group.

“You wouldn’t dare do it because you’re a cop.” Shawn smirks.

Katlain pulls her gun and moves to shove it in his face. She wasn’t going to be dumb enough to shoot him in a plane. She shoves it right under his nose. “You obviously don’t know who you’re talking to. I don’t have a problem shoving this gun up your nose and pulling the trigger.”

“Katlain, he’s not worth it.” Joe was about to reach forward and pull Katlain off Shawn.

Katlain backs off and puts her gun back in its hidden holster. She moves back to her seat. “You’re right. A bullet is too good for him. Tieing him to the front of my husband’s 18-wheeler would be a better choice.”

Joe leans towards Shawn. “Son, if I was you. I wouldn’t piss her off. She has been known to go to the extreme in getting revenge.”

Katlain hides a smirk on her face. It was true that she has been known for getting back at people who pissed her off. Chuck Robbins learned that lesson when she rewired his car to do the opposite of what it was supposed to do.

Watching him sweating in his car when the doors wouldn’t open was funny. The A/C was blowing hot air and wouldn’t shut down when he tried turning the car off or turning the A/C off. It was good that she didn’t redirect his exhaust system to fill the car.

Shawn looks over towards Detective Zane. He wasn’t sure if what her partner said was true, but they were in the air.

“Don’t think Detective Zane won’t hurt you. She has no problem hurting white supremacy members.”

Shawn sits back in his seat and wonders what will happen to him. He knows his life is over now, so he sits back and waits to see what happens.

Several hours later, when they land, Detective Spade and his female partner meet them at the airport. Katlain walks out first, followed by Shawn Grubbs. Joe is right behind Shawn and threatens him not to try anything funny.

Detective Spade watches as a young woman emerges from the plane. Behind her is the perp he has been looking for. He wonders how she managed to find him.

“I’m Detective Spade, and this is my partner, Detective Susan Cobb.” Spade holds his hand out to Katlain.

“I’m Detective Zane, and the big guy behind Mr. Grubb is my partner, Detective Young. It's nice meeting you, Detective.” Katlain shakes Detective
Spade’s hand.

“You too. You have no idea how happy I am that you brought Mr. Grubb back to Virginia to stand trial for his actions.” Detective Spade looks at Shawn.

“It’s my pleasure to get rid of the trash.” Katlain looks at Shawn with a smile on her face.

“I’m surprised you didn’t let the Marshal service bring him back,” Detective Cobb says, looking at Young and Zane.

“I wanted to see this to the end. I know they have jurisdiction, but I want Mr. Grubb to know if I ever learn he is in Georgia or anywhere near it.
That I’ll bury his ass in a hole so deep that no one will ever find him.” Katlain looks at Shawn when she says that.

“Well, he won’t be escaping our custody. We have a jail cell all picked out for him.”

“Good.” Katlain was glad.

Joe and Katlain watch as Detective Spade and his partner escort Shawn over to their patrol car.

“I hope they throw the book at him.” Katlain looks at Joe when she says that.

“Me too, Partner. Let’s go back home.” Joe was ready to head home.

The two of them board the Gulfstream and prepare to head home.

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I look foward to Trial

Samantha Heart's picture

I'm certain he will be convinced on 2nd degree attempted murder & 2nd degree aggravated assul. And given 20 years at least now resesting by flight & crossing state borders im sure bumps everything up to first degree plus with the hate crime modifier attached its first degree attempted murder & aggravated assult so he could get life with parole in 50 years. Escape is a possibility he will try for Max again, but first I think he will try to go after Kathleen he WILL regret that action.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.