Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms: Chapter 5: The Princess and the Wolf.

Printer-friendly version

Legend of the Ancient Kingdoms

With the success of the escape plan Natasa finds herself at a rebel base camp. However, Natasa isn't safe just yet, the princess of Ur still has to make it across the border to the safety of Akkadia. Can Natasa and the maids get there safely and what will happen once they are there?


Chapter 5: The Princess and the Wolf.

“Princess, Princess wake up!” said Frato frantically “we have to get you dressed and ready, Aella has said we need to leave within a couple of hours.” Natasa slowly opened her eyes until Frato came into focus standing above her looking down.

“How long have I been asleep?” asked Natasa in a groggy tone.

“A few hours,” said Frato.

“Ok I’m getting up, Frato will you please get me a hot drink my throat feels like a desert”

“As you wish your highness,” said Frato as she went off to the galley area to prepare the drink. While Frato went off Natasa pulled herself up so she was sitting upright on the edge of the bed.

Slowly she began rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she could not remember the last time she felt so tired after having a sleep. Although Frato had said it had been a few hours Natasa knew for at least the first hour if not more she was not able to sleep much as her mind raced over recent events.

Natasa had decided to try to be as Aella had asked and bottle up her own needs as best she could, and to try to hide any unhappiness she had with the way she was now and the things that were going on around her. Especially the fact she was considered as the future Queen of the kingdom of Ur and the Throne of Assyria.

However, there were other thoughts that Natasa could not find so easy to hide or forget, like what was going to happen when they reach Akkadia? What was the prince like? Why was the prince even helping her in the first place? Moreover, what if anything the prince expected in return for saving her from Seleukos and the fate that awaited her back at the Assyrian Palace.

The questions kept coming but there were no answers in sight at least not until they reached Akkadia and the prince. Natasa was also thinking about her upcoming birthday and the fact that if she was still on earth as male she would be celebrating her eighteenth birthday with her grandmother.

Instead, she was on a distant world far from home with more things to worry about than the average teen. Natasa wondered if they even celebrate birthdays on this world, if so she would be in a foreign land with people she did not know. Not that she wanted to celebrate her birthday after all her parents died nearly a week ago and every year her birthday will serve as a reminder that they have gone from her life.

As Natasa was busy considering everything that had been going through her mind before she went to sleep Frato returned with her drink. It was not coffee but it was certainly a very similar type of drink with the same caffeine type kick to it. Natasa blew the drink before taking a sip; she had to admit out of all the maids Frato made it the best.

As Natasa slowly sipped at the drink, Frato sat on the stool beside her, “princess how are you feeling?” asked Frato politely.

“Fine,” said Natasa sharply “I mean yeah I am fine thank you Frato.”

“Princess I know you're troubled even though Aella tries to hide it from us but we know when you are feeling down, you do know that we are here for you too princess don’t you?”

“I do but Aella said not to show anyone if I am ever upset, stressed or frustrated, she said it’s part of being heir.”

“Well princess, she is wrong, Aella is a military officer and she is trained to never to look weak in front of an enemy, because of that she has learned over time to hide her emotions well. You on the other hand are the princess and have an even greater position that means dealing with the people who are not like trained soldiers.”

“If you bottle up your feelings, you will become as cold as Seleukos. Aella has not thought about that she is just concerned with getting you to the prince safely and at all costs. Princess the role of a maid to a princess or queen is not just to wash, dress and look after the physical side of their well being, it’s also about being there for them emotionally.”

“I was queen Inanna’s confidant for many years; whenever things got too stressful, she would come to me for support. If nothing else a shoulder to cry on,” said Frato. “The point I am trying to make is I am here to support you in everything you do and everything you go through. When you need an outlet for your pain, my shoulder is always here for you should you need it.”

“Thank you Frato I will remember that and I may take you up on it.” Just then, Aella came into the room.

“Good,” she said as she looked at Natasa, “you are awake. We need to get you ready as soon as possible.”

“I’m just about to start getting her ready now” said Frato.

“Good well I have a few more things to do before we leave so don’t let me stop you,” said Aella.

With that, she left again, Frato turned to Natasa before saying, “come on then princess let us get you ready for the journey ahead.” Frato then got up and went to fetch Militta and Sousanna to help and in no time at all Natasa was once again looking stunning from the maid’s efforts.

“Is this really necessary,” asked Natasa as she looked at herself in the dress mirror.

“It is absolutely necessary your highness,” said Frato.

“And this?” said Natasa grimly as she looked at the sheer outfit that attempted to cover her body.

“Yes and that,” said Frato politely “you must always look your best princess even when travelling.”

“But I can’t wear this on a horse it’s too short.”

“Were not using a horse,” said Frato “were travelling in a war wolf which is fine for wearing expensive clothes whilst riding.”

Suddenly though Frato pulled a funny face upon realizing Natasa knew nothing about war wolves. “Sorry princess, I should have remembered you have never seen a war wolf before have you?”

“Why are they very different from normal wolves?” asked a puzzled Natasa.

Frato giggled, “you could say that,” she said as she tried to suppress more giggling.

“War wolves are much bigger than normal wolves and they move much faster than any normal wolf could, some say that they can disappear before your very eyes; they are quite amazing.” Natasa stood pondering what Frato could possibly be talking about, whatever it was Natasa had to admit it sounded frightening and exciting at the same time.

Soon after Aella came to check Natasa was ready to leave, “as you are all ready, lets go. Frato, Sousanna and Militta you must stay by the princess at all times, make sure she stays strapped in as the last thing we need is her highness being hurt especially if we end up having to fight.” With that, they all followed Aella out of the princess’s chambers and into a small passageway that seemed to take them deeper into the mountain.

Eventually they emerged from the small but very long passageway into a huge cave that Natasa could only describe as similar to a hangar. “What the…” said Natasa as she came to a halt and stared with disbelief at what she was seeing. There before Natasa stood an immense robotic type of vehicle that was in the shape of a wolf.

“Hold on,” said Natasa abruptly “I thought there was no technology on this world?”

“Who said we have no technology?” asked Aella.

“Well no one did I just assumed that because all the soldiers I have seen carry swords and wear old fashioned armor and then there was that there was no sign of any in the palace,” said Natasa confidently.

Aella and the maids laughed loudly, “well,” said Aella patiently “I may not know much about how the keeper of books at the Assyrian Palace works but I can say without a doubt that it is technology.”

Natasa stood there in shock, it had been right there in front of her but she never noticed it.
Come to think of it she thought, I wondered where the keeper of books voice came from but I was so busy in my search for answers that I just thought it was magic, I never even considered it might be a computer.

“The RARV in front of you is known as a War Wolf but we have many other types of vehicles some much bigger and more powerful.”

“What is a RARV,” asked Natasa confused.

“RARV stands for Robotic Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle and it is mainly used as the name suggests as a scout and Reconnaissance Vehicle.”

Natasa could not quite get her head around what she was seeing, she had seen anime and manga mecha’s and here in front of her very eyes was the real thing.

“This by the way is nothing compared to the Seraphim waiting for you in Carthage,” said Aella.

“One waiting for me?” said Natasa once again in shock “why is there one waiting for me?”

“Well princess do you have any idea why Queen Inanna was also known as Ishtar the goddess of war?”

“No,” said Natasa looking even more confused.

“Well, Ishtar the goddess of war was actually Queen Inanna’s own Robotic vehicle, In fact it is one of the most powerful Robotic vehicles in any of the kingdoms hence it being referred to as a Seraphim model.

"When Inanna Disappeared we managed to get Ishtar out of Ur before Seleukos got his hands on it, we need not have worried though as we have never been able to power it up so we believe Seleukos would not have been able to either. We believe it is designed only to work for queen Inanna and her descendants.”

“So what you are saying is that Ishtar is a giant robot?” asked Natasa.

“In basic terms yes,” confirmed Aella “anyway you will see Ishtar once we get to Carthage until then lets board and get going, we are already running late at this rate we’ll never get anywhere.” Aella led them across a gantry above the wolf and to a hatch located on the top.

Slowly they all climbed in, Natasa making sure several times that no men were around to stare up her dress before she made her way inside. Once inside they found that they were in what appeared to be airplane cabin. There were no windows visible anywhere but comfortable looking seats all facing what Natasa felt was the front of the vehicle.

Natasa wasn’t bothered by not having a window seat but she wondered what she would do during the journey to stop her from being bored, having no windows meant she would not be able to see the scenery outside. Natasa was looking everywhere her interest had been peaked now that she knew there was technology especially as it seemed more advanced than on earth.

Natasa and the maids all took seats and strapped themselves in as Aella had directed, Aella in the meantime went through a door in the right side of the cabin to what Natasa felt must be a cockpit.

After a few minutes they felt the wolf start up and Natasa could hear a feint humming in the background, suddenly Aella’s voice came over a speaker, “were off so be aware until were outside it may get a little rough. Once were out of here and on flat ground it will get smoother.”

Aella was not kidding and as the wolf started to move Natasa could feel ever step the wolf took as it moved forward. At the front of the room they were in a picture appeared as if suspended in the air, Natasa and the maids were suddenly able to see outside in a sort of panoramic view.

Militta looked scared and sat in total silence with a pale expression on her face. Sousanna in comparison looked like she was about to wet herself from excitement. “This is so exciting! I have always wanted to see what it was like in one of these.”

Frato was sitting perfectly composed as if she had done this many times before, as for Natasa herself she had mixed feelings, part of her was excited like Sousanna, Natasa loved anime and manga mecha’s and now she was finally in a real mecha. The other part of her though was worried about the journey and if they would even get to Carthage without problems.

How can something so big evade being seen thought Natasa, after a minute or so Natasa could see daylight as two massive doors began opening. As soon as they were open enough they were off. It seemed like the wolf was bounding out of the mountainside. However as soon as they hit the flat ground Natasa saw that the front feet of the wolf seemed to have tracks like a tank.

The legs stopped moving and it started to feel like it had lowered itself and locked in position, they began moving again and now it appeared they were rolling along the ground more like a car than a four-legged animal. The ride certainly smoothed out Natasa thought. Without warning the surface of the wolf disappeared as if it was no longer there.

Natasa could still see outside and they were still on the move but it appeared that the wolf was invisible. Aella’s voice came back over the speaker, “as you can see we are now in stealth mode, it will be around 2 and a half hours till we reach the border and another thirty minutes from there until we get to Carthage.”

“As we are on flat ground now I have switched to rolling mode so the trip should be fairly smooth, because of that if anyone needs a drink then it’s ok for Frato, Militta or Sousanna to get up to get one for whoever needs it. Food and something to drink has been placed in a pack behind the chairs so feel free to help yourselves.”

“Be aware though this vehicle usually carries scouts and soldiers so it is not equipped with amenities like a toilet so if you need to go you will have to hold it until we arrive.” Natasa looked around and saw that Militta seemed to have fainted; either that or she had gone to sleep.

Sousanna looked like she was on top of the world full of excitement. Frato on the other hand still had the same composure she always seems to have. For at least what Natasa felt was the first half of the journey nobody spoke other than Frato checking if Natasa needed a drink or something to eat.

Natasa was seriously bored, yeah granted she was in a mecha and that was exciting but there was nothing to do other than sit. Up until now Natasa had spent her time watching the screen, the kingdom of Ur looked like a beautiful place, although they were travelling over flat ground Natasa had seen vast forests, beautiful cities and they had even passed what appeared to be a huge lake.

She even saw what appeared to be boats out on the lake that she assumed were fishing. Natasa sat in deep thought; she remembered what had happened since she arrived and also how blind she was to not realize there was more to this world than she first thought. She suddenly realized in her ignorance she had thought of this world as underdeveloped even backward compared to earth.

She wrongly assumed there was no technology, no phones and no computers. Natasa remembered her history at school and how swords were primarily used centuries ago on earth but in the present they used guns and bombs. Natasa had seen none of that and because of it she wrongly made assumptions.

What else could she be mistaken about she thought to herself. Before she could consider it further, there was a sudden crashing sound and the wolf seemed to jolt violently to the right and then stopped moving. Natasa looked at the screen and gasped, there in front of them was a giant humanoid mecha bearing down on them.

It was as if it had appeared from nowhere, the wolf’s stealth had failed and Natasa could see that it was now clearly visible. Is this an enemy thought Natasa, she didn’t have to wait long for an answer as she watched the mecha above them begin throwing punch after punch down on them, the impact of each punch was hard as the whole wolf shook from the force.

“What is Aella doing,” said Natasa “why are we not fighting back?” Sousanna’s happiness suddenly disappeared replaced by pure fear. Militta was still out cold and Frato appeared to be losing her resolve. Natasa undid her seat belt as the robot above hit again causing her to fall forward.

“What are you doing?” said Frato in a frightened voice.

“Going to see what’s happened to Aella,” replied Natasa calmly.

“You can’t,” said Frato “Aella said to make sure you stayed strapped in.”

“What and wait to die,” said Natasa angrily “no thanks I want to live.” Quickly she got to her feet and ran to the door leading to the cockpit; inside she found Aella unconscious and assumed it must have been from the first attack.

Without stopping to think Natasa began un-buckling Aella’s seat restraints as they received another hit from the mecha above. “Frato come help,” called Natasa. Within seconds Frato appeared and helped Natasa drag the unconscious Aella from the pilots chair,

“What are we going to do?” cried Frato in a frightened voice.

Natasa quickly got into the pilots chair and strapped in, “princess you do not know what to do you never even saw a wolf until today how do you expect to move it?”

“If I do not do something we will die, I am not going to die without a fight, I may have lost my manhood but I will never give up and allow myself to be killed without a fight.”

As Natasa worked the controls the wolf began to right itself, she was not sure why she knew how to move it but it felt natural almost as if she had done it before, seconds later the situation had completely turned. Natasa now in control of the wolf sent attack after attack at the enemy mecha sending it flying to the ground, Frato was in shock still holding on to Aella and holding her against the frame of the door leading to the rear section.

How was the princess doing this she is amazing thought Frato, as she thought that Aella was beginning to come to, “what’s happening?” she asked before suddenly realizing she was not at the controls. Who is operating wolf she thought and as her eyes focused she saw Natasa working the controls like a battle-seasoned veteran.

Aella gasped “how,” as Natasa threw a final attack at the enemy mecha destroying its head. Aella tried to get up but her strength failed her.

Frato noticing Aella turned to her and said, “hold on your injured the princess has everything under control, I’m not sure how she did it but you need to stay there and rest.”

“Aella which direction should I go?” asked Natasa.

“Follow the display,” answered Aella and immediately Natasa set off re-engaging the stealth and going to track mode.

“Sousanna come help me get Aella to the rear compartment,” said Frato. A few second later Sousanna came in with a look of absolute bliss on her face.

“What’s up with you?” said Aella as she pondered Sousanna’s expression.

“The princess is so cool, I thought she was cool before but now even more so,” said Sousanna excitedly.
Frato and Aella let out a laugh even though it caused Aella to wince from pain.

“Help me get Aella seated in the back,” said Frato to Sousanna.

“No!” said Aella “I must get back to the mission.”

“You will do no such thing,” said Frato. “You are in no position to pilot the wolf right now, the princess has everything under control so you are going to rest.”

Minutes later they had managed to get Aella strapped in and Sousanna tended to her wounds, “How is the princess able to pilot this mecha so well?” said Aella.

“I have no idea,” said Frato “the princess just got at the controls and seemed to instinctively know how to use them.”

The speaker crackled and Natasa spoke, “the display says we are nearly at the border is there anything I need to do or do I just keep following the display.”

“Tell the princess to just keep going we are expected so we should just be able to go over the border without problem. If anything happens, I will get on the comms and sort it” said Aella.

Frato ran into the cockpit to relay the message to Natasa. Frato then returned to the rear compartment again and took a seat.

"How’s the princess coping asked Sousanna calmly.

“She really is amazing,” said Frato.

“She seems so calm and in control, it’s the first time I have ever seen her so composed,” said Aella.

“She really is something else,” said Sousanna.

“I expected her to be useless and up until today I thought the princess was a bit of a crybaby,” said Aella “but I have to say seeing her now makes me realize there is much more to her than I could have thought.”

“The princess was never a crybaby or weak,” said Frato and Sousanna together angrily.

“If you say so,” said Aella sarcastically as she winced from the pain of her injuries.

“We do say so,” said the maids defiantly “few could have coped with what the princess has had to endure since she came to this world, losing everyone she ever knew is bad enough but to suddenly be the opposite of everything you thought you were would be unbearable to most. Even though she has cried and complained, we see that she never gives up.”

“Even when all that is against her she gets herself up and carries on,” said Frato “sure she may need reminding occasionally but it has only been a few days that she has been in this world yet she has adapted very well.”

“So what will you do if she ever finds a way back to her home world?” asked Aella “after all that is her ultimate goal or did you not know that.”

“We did know that the princess wants to go home,” said Frato “but we believe in the princess and we are sure when the time comes if it comes she will decide to stay and be our queen.”

“I hope you're right,” said Aella politely “she would be a good general let alone queen that’s for sure, the way she took over in the heat of a crisis and kept her wits about her against all odds. She fought so well that she managed to turn the tide of battle against the enemy and won shows how skilled a warrior she is, she didn’t even need to use beam weapons to destroy the target,” said Aella “I don’t think I have even seen a wolf used in such a way.”

“What do you mean used in such a way?” asked Frato.

“The princess could have used the beam weapons in the wolf to fire at the enemy but she used the wolf as if it were a real beast and used the wolfs strength and speed to beat the enemy. Using its jaws to bite the head off the mecha in the same process, it’s unusual but effective,” said Aella.

Aella winced as the pain from her injuries kicked in again only this time the pain was so intense she passed out as she spoke the last word. Back in the cockpit Natasa was still calm, this is amazing she thought to herself, controlling this mecha came so naturally that it felt like she had done it before, but in the back of her mind she reminded herself that wasn’t possible.

At one point she even considered that she might be dreaming, just as Natasa thought that a voice came over the comms channel. “You are about to enter Akkadian territory please provide your clearance code before proceeding across the border,” it said. Clearance code thought Natasa what is that.

Natasa opened the comms channel, “this is Natasa we are on our way to Carthage, Aella is injured and we need to get her medical attention as soon as possible.” Seconds later the voice came back over the comms this time demanding the clearance code. Natasa called back to Frato and the others asking Aella to give the code but seconds later Frato appeared to say Aella was out cold and they could not wake her.

Natasa opened the comms again, “Aella is unconscious and unable to provide the code but we are on our way to Carthage and everything can be verified there.”

The comms sounded again, “you must not cross the Akkadian border, any attempt to do so will be considered hostile and you will be destroyed,” said the voice.

“What are we going to do?” asked Frato in a frightened voice.

“We are going to cross the border,” said Natasa defiantly “whether they allow us or not we cannot stay here in Ur. we have to get to Carthage as soon as possible for Aella’s sake, Frato go and try again to wake Aella and keep trying until she wakes up, once she is awake if she has a concussion she needs to avoid going to sleep so talk to her and try to keep her eyes open until we get there. Make sure to strap yourself and everyone in as it might get a little turbulent,” said Natasa calmly.

Frato went off to do as Natasa had asked as Natasa got back on the comms, “listen up I am coming across the border whether you like it or not. Aella needs medical attention and there is a good chance we are being pursued, if we stay at the border we are sure to be caught by Seleukos and that is something I cannot accept. Therefore, we have no choice but to cross the border” said Natasa.

The voice came back over the comms, “you have been warned enter Akkadian territory without clearance and you will be destroyed,” said the voice.

“Says who?” said Natasa angrily. Just as she said that according to the display, they had just crossed into Akkadian territory. Suddenly out of nowhere three humanoid mecha’s appeared.

They were similar to the one Natasa had fought earlier. “That is not fair,” said Natasa “three against one is cowardly,” she growled. Natasa brought the wolf to a complete stop as the mecha’s were positioned one either side and one in front, Natasa had two choices go back over the border or straight through the three mecha’s.

The decision was an easy one for Natasa; she had always felt most alive when fighting against the odds and this was no different except in scale. The mecha straight ahead began its attack run but Natasa easily dodged the attack and in the process sent the mecha on her left side reeling back.

She immediately made a counter attack tearing the left arm off the lead mecha in one strike, the mecha stumbled back but attempted attacking again, once again, Natasa dodged the attack, this time she countered during the lead mecha’s attack and she succeeded in tearing a large chunk out of its leg.

However, the counter attack had left the wolf vulnerable to the mecha to her right and it managed to get in quite a heavy blow, Natasa quickly got the wolf back on its feet and attacked back at the mecha on her right managing to tear its head from its torso and completely immobilizing it.

Suddenly Aella’s voice came over the comms channel, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ATTACKING US,” she screamed, “stop your attack at once, this is General Aella clearance code Victor, three, four, seven, nine, five, charley, tango. I repeat stop your attack NOW!”

Immediately the attacking mecha’s stood down and the comms channel opened up with the voice from before. “General forgive us we did not receive your clearance code so we had to…”

Aella cut him off, “do not give me that rubbish,” she shouted “we are expected on orders of the prince and this attack could mean your heads roll, do you realize who you were fighting?” asked Aella sternly.

“Yes, general we attacked one of the prince’s most trusted generals,” said the voice.

“No you fools I am injured and unable to pilot this wolf right now, I was unconscious when you decided to attack.”

“Then who was piloting the wolf?” asked the voice.

“Princess Natasa the future queen of Ur was piloting the wolf,” said Aella.

“P P Princess!” said the voice in a panic.

“Yes!” said Aella “and had I not stopped the battle your units would have been reduced to scrap by now. She could have easily finished you all off, I see on the screen from the markings on your mecha’s you are supposedly Elite units yet you were beaten by someone who until today had never even seen a mecha let alone piloted one.”

The voice on the comms stumbled “never? There is no way a rookie pilot without any training could have that kind of skill,” said the voice desperately.

“It is the truth you fools now tell me who ordered you to wait here and attack us?” asked Aella.

“Well general we were not told to attack you specifically,” said the voice. “We were ordered here by princess Apollonia to guard against attacks from Ur by Seleukos, as there was information saying that he was going to try to breach our borders at this location,” said the voice calmly.

“Very well,” said Aella “repair your mecha’s and report to me at Carthage as soon as repairs are complete.”

“As you wish general,” said the voice nervously “princess we humbly apologize for attacking you if we had realized who you were we would not have attacked and for that we are truly sorry.”

Natasa pressed the button for the speaker in the rear compartment, “Frato please ask Aella where to head to next, also can you bring me something to drink.”

A few minutes later Frato walked into the cockpit section and passed Natasa a canteen of fruit juice. “Aella said to carry on following the display and we will be back on course to Carthage, she said it is not too far,” said Frato.

“Frato when we get there I’m sleeping till late tomorrow morning,” said Natasa as she let out a yawn “all this fighting has made me want to do nothing but sleep.”

“As you wish princess and thank you,” said Frato humbly.

“For what?” said Natasa confused.

“For saving us of course,” said Frato “without you and the skills you possess we would have been killed during the first attack yet you managed to save us not once but twice and for that we are all grateful.”

“You’re welcome,” said Natasa “although I doubt it was me, I’m sure it was just down to some programming in the wolf like an auto pilot or something.”

“No! Your highness,” said Frato politely “I saw you controlling the wolf during the battles and it was definitely all down to you.”

“You were amazing so please don’t doubt your abilities so much,” said Frato.

“Thank you,” said Natasa “ok we best be off Aella needs medical attention, Frato go and make sure Aella and the others are ok and make sure you are all strapped in incase there are any further attacks.”

Seconds later the wolf was back on the move again and heading for Carthage and the prince.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm, competition?

Princess Apollonia? Too many princesses, maybe? "This kingdom ain't big enough for the both of us, lady." I know I would not be thinking very highly of the person who set the guards on me.

Oh, Megumi-chan, a word to the wise. This is a comma, ",", it is your friend. Selectively sprinkled throughout the dialog it makes things much easier to read. ;-)

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Another Princess ?

... are we having a Plague of them ? :-).

Interesting technological twist in this episode. We all think of Assyria as an ancient, technologically backward civilization on Earth. She clearly knows now that she is not in Kansas anymore. I think a little origin story of this world would be interesting which can be told when she finally reaches the Prince.

Also, please fix: replace "your" with "you're" and vice versa if necessary.

Kim

Kingdom

Hm, I think there is some treachery afoot. This Princess Apollonia wants to see Natasa dead. I wonder if jealousy fits the bill and she doesn't want competition for the Prince.

I wonder if she has also been feeding Seleukos informsation to keep him in power?

Very well done again Megumi.

Love it

I really love this story. Sorry I have not commented before now but I have been battling depression.
Hilltopper

Gina_Summer2009__2__1_.jpgHilltopper

Me too!

I've been up and down the last few days too Hilltopper. I too really like this one. There is a lot of different elements going on here from John Carter of Mars to BattleTech! There was a mention of lost technology in the library and I wonder of just how common tech is.

Hugs!

grover

PS: I hope you feel better soon Hilltopper. Been there! Didn't like it and didn't even get a T-shirt!

Hi Hilltopper and

Hi Hilltopper and Grover

Glad you both like the story so far, sorry you have been feeling down I know how you feel I have been in a rut for the last few years due to medical problems and being stuck at home all the time.

I am hoping my recent surgery will allow me to get out and work again but I will just have to see. Anyway I hope both of you feel better soon and you continue to enjoy the story.

Grover in answer to your question I cannot answer at this time, the answer will be later in the story :)

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

mecha’s *-*

Nice one ^^
I want a wolf too..., hmmm..., maybe a Hawk? * giggles *

By Yuki-chan


"People don't change. They may want to. They may need to. But they simply don't." House M.D


Sorry my poor english, i am from Brasil >_<

By Miri-tan


"People don't change. They may want to. They may need to. But they simply don't." House M.D


Sorry my poor english, i am from Brasil >_<

Magic and mechs?!

Here I thought we were dealing with a world of magic, and now we've got mechs! Not that I'm complaining! ;)

Looks like Natasa's presence is upsetting someone's plans!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Curve Ball

What a great set up. The title of the story is "Legend of Ancient Kingdoms" and just like Natasa we are lulled into believing that this is almost like traveling back in time to an ancient "backwards" kingdom only to come face to face with real life mechas. What a great change of direction that is.

I wonder if Princess Apollonia was involved in having the Queen exiled to earth. I hope we find out about what happened as part of the story. I'm certainly looking forward to the next chapter.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Hi Dru I can't help it I see

Hi Dru

I can't help it I see a plot, a story in my head then I have to twist it about and keep people guessing lol, I hate being too predictable and love adding plot twists within plot twists. If you have read any of the Harry potter book I have been posting you will see a plot so complex even I get confused lol.

I cant help but love Japanese Anime things like Gundam, Vandread and many others hehe. Big Mecha's rule although I will admit to liking things like Sailor Moon and I dont mind watching shows with Chibi characters lol.

Personally I think the Japanese have some of the most imaginitive people, I say that considering someof the crazy series they produce. I will say the title doesn't necessarily refer to the world Natasa finds herself on, although I cannot say more than that as I will have some info in later chapters which elaborates more.

As for Apollonia again I am afraid you will have to wait and see, the latest chapter does elabrate a little more. hehe

Megumi :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

So Cruel

Cruel, evil and dastardly intriguing. Such a wonderful story weaver.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Another Prince?

Since this story is using Bibical Lands, and chracters, Apollonia could be the creature alollyon.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

deelete

deelete.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine