The Girl in Me -13-

Printer-friendly version

longhair2s.jpg

The Girl in Me
CHAPTERS 37-39
 
by Erin Amelia Fletcher

 
Please keep in mind most names, and some specific details, have been altered, to limit the amount of Strife within those associated within whom may come in contact with this.

This is the parody story to my poem I am a Girl, please enjoy...

Synopsis: Derek a very bright young man, is a very unique individual. Who happens to possess extraordinary abilities, from family genetics. But the most unique thing about him is that he is a transgender girl, and happens to be a Witch and a Gypsy and the first Witch and Gypsy in her family tree in several hundreds of years. As soon as one problem occurs and is nearly fixed another comes Derek's now Morwen's way.

Please keep in mind most names, and some specific details, have been altered, to limit the amount of Strife within those associated within whom may come in contact with this.


 
Chapter 37
 
Mark and Richard left before I got up, must have been early morning, though it's funny all they had to do was ask and I would have given them a transportation potion, but no Richard is like some kind of upgrade between a Darren Stevens and Archie Bunker, so they decided to do it the mortal way, take a 8 perhaps 9 hour drive, then an 8 to 9 second travel, weird I tells ya, it's like some Mortals, have such backward ideas.

My studies were put on hold for a few days while mum and I looked at potential living arrangements, checking out roughly 6 a day, though mum also wanted to check out schools within the area, ger! like she can't tell such ‘learning establishments' are not meant for me. The last time I went to school, I nearly got caught moving the clock hands faster to ring time, not realizing that I was moving the main clock, so every clock turned. Or even the times, that school tried to hurt me messing with my mind, I knew more than they were talking about, teaching me in 8th grade mythology, hello! I knew like so much more than them, then they failed me, I wanted to get them good, and I was mad. So what happens, the globe in the front of the class caught fire, I was lucky to have not stated the next inquisition.

We checked out this rundown two-story English style grey brick cottage. It had 4 bedrooms, a decent sized kitchen/dining room with old fashion stove (wood burning you'd see at a pioneer village) 2 bathrooms and a small living room with a beautiful fireplace. It was an open house so when we were finished looking around except for the basement, leave that for the men neither of us like the horror of the basement. We walked next door, where the caretakers lived to ask them the rental price, and elderly man answered the door as I could see a elderly lady on her rocker through the door.

"May I help you ladies" asked the man.

"Um, yes please! My dau..daughter and I were looking at the house next-door, it said on the sign that a Mr. Grant is the one to talk to about rental possibilities" asked mum nervously.

"Oh yes, that house I could show you around if you like" replied the man.

"That won't be necessary, we already had a look around, we were wondering what the rental agreement is" I said cutting mum off before she could speak.

"Oh! Well it's all inclusive just water and hydro, and the renters take care of the property" replied the man.

"What about the price, sir?" I asked, mother giving me an awing look.

"Well it's $900 a month for rental, $1200 a month for rent to own, or 130 grand for sale" replied the man.

I gave him a look that pretty much said ‘a little steep' which caused him to haggle a bit with me, "Well what were you looking to do; rent, rent to own, or buy my dear" looking at me.

"Well I was thinking, rent though rent to won sounds good however, your prices are more than double the economical rates of the area and structural design and size, especially according to last months real estate catalogue" I answered.

"Oh! Well, I take it you have your eyes on a career in real estate then" asked the man stunned.

"Not exactly, I have my eyes on either being a teacher so to say, and or a stay at home mother in time" I answered giggling. "I just always enjoyed reading the real estate booklets, dream house searching, it's a girl thing" I said smiling and giggling.

The man stepped out from behind the door, and shut the door standing in front of us. The man gave me a look, and smile saying "how about 500 a month for rent, or 950 rent to own?"

"That sounds good, but we will need heating to, winter is going to be coming in a few months, before that it will be getting colder, especially here up north eh" I replied.

"Well I don't know what I can do about that, the only central heating in the house is the two fireplaces and 3 potbelly stoves" replied the man.

I thought for a minute and said "How about wood, I can do the deweeding, and my brother Mark can cut your grass every two weeks during the spring, summer and fall as long as it isn't raining or snowing, for free wood" I replied.

The man looked thoughtful for a moment and then reached out his hand, I shook it followed shyly by mum. He chuckled and said "Young lady you have a heck of a salesmanship, so what would it be though eh!"

I looked at mum and I heard her say ‘be nice to own my own home' in her head.

"Rent to own" I answered with a smile.

"Really! Good, good, come inside and we can sign the papers" said the man enthusiastically.

We entered the house, it was old person style, floral wall paper, antiques galore and lots of doylies. The old lady in the rocker was asleep, she looked to be in her late 60's early 70's.

We sat in the kitchen that was very similar to the house we were signing for. Mum crossed all her T's, dotted all her I's, dated, read, and everything you should do though I helped a lot. I think I acted as a muse to mum, she was smiling, which I think was for the though of owning her own place in about 10 years time. By that time, I might be married with kids of my own with my future husband ‘wonder if it's gonna be Nathan, who knows; love finds a way to the future'.

We took perhaps 3 hours with all the paperwork, when mum and I were done we shook hands, and then left saying "good bye for now".

"Well, I don't know how you did it young lady, but you were wonderful" stated mum with pride, glee, thankfulness, and all the other feelings bundled within her from the excitement that made me blush.

"Oh mum you have no idea! I am a woman of many talents" I replied giggling.

Mum rolled her eyes and we walked on. We went back to town and went to city hall to set up everything we would need, by getting the number and addresses for the hydro company, telephone company, cable company and all the others, mum even got to my horror the information for the educational facilities within the area.
 
 
In two weeks time we got a place, set up the house workings, and unfortunately mum did get the registration papers for us though they needed birth records, past school records etc. Mum wasn't sure what to do, but I knew what to do, though I wasn't sure when to do it so I went taking mum with me by my special traveling to Halifax, Canada's paranormal capital. We walked for a little bit down main street, coming to what looked to be a rather small business complex, with the letters MPS (Magical priorities society) walking in we met with the secretary at her desk, who gave us forms to sign out. We took seats in the waiting room, and I filled out the sheets as they were wrote in a mixture of old Gaelic and Latin, so mum couldn't read it.

Within an hour in a half's time, a rather tall woman came out wearing a black half robe half business skirt suit and black office heals.

"Morwen Angora-Fletcher" called out the woman, as if there was more than us here.

Mum and I got up, and we walked over to her who ushered us inside.

"Please sit down" said the woman hospitably.

We sat down on fancy black leather chairs, that looked to be from the renaissance.

"What can I do for you ladies today" asked the woman politely.

I gave her the details on how I needed, birth records, past schooling etc changes.

"Sure thing, so you would like legal name change done, records to show you as you through the past..." said the woman.

"Yes please, and for my brother too if you can" I replied.

The woman looked at me, and said "Where is your brother can he be summoned at the moment?"

"He is in Kitchener packing up at our old home with my step father, you can summon him, sure" I replied.

The woman took off the top of a ceramic bottle, and grabbed some powders throwing them on the floor beside her on her left side. With a puff of grey smoke, Mark appeared in the room perplexed.

"Mark Fletcher I presume" said the woman with a smile.

"Yes! Where am I?" responded Mark confused.

The woman looked at him and asked him to take a seat. Mark sat beside left of me, mum was sitting at the right of me.
 
 
"I hear, you need status changes" replied the woman questioningly.

I filled Mark in with my mind, who responded with the question with a nod.

"Very well! Please show me the originals" said the woman brightly.

Mum dug in her purse and took out our birth certificates, handing them to the woman shyly.

"Hmm, ok! Would you two like to resume your old family name of the last resigning craft member" asked the woman.

"I don't know what the old name was ma'am" I replied curiously.

The woman looked at me with a smile and then at mum, "What is your mother's mother's maiden name Ms. Fletcher"

"I believe Smith" answered mum somewhat scared.

The woman got up and walked to the filing cabinet. And dug around for a few minutes caring a an old tattered scroll. She sat down at her desk in her chair, took off the ribbon, and opened it. She looked at the genealogy on the scroll for nearly a half hour before coming to a name.

"Meghan Felicity Hearth, married changing her name to Smite, died December 17th 1368, mother of 12 Morgana's land, village Valley Larraley, hidden in nearby forest, member of the Dragora clan, sibling to 8, second youngest daughter, third youngest child, death from hunger" stated the woman.

"Hearth" I said abruptly.

"I will keep my last name, I owe it to dad" replied Mark.

Mum nodded in agreement.

"So it shall be formally you were Derek Joseph Fletcher, then Morwen Annette Angora-Fletcher; You are hereby known as Morwen Annette Hearth, please sign your name" stated the woman handing me a quill.

I signed my name and handed mum the quill who marked her approval. The woman then looked at Mark.

"Formally, you were Mary Anne Fletcher, you are now hereby known as Mark Anthony Fletcher, please sign your name" stated the woman handing Mark the quill as the same process was to be done.

We signed all sorts of forms and papers before leaving the office. We collected all changed documents with the secretary and we left.

"Oh I got to get back home you two, Richards probably going nuts wondering where I am, catch you's later" said Mark picking out of his pocket a vile, and throwing it onto the ground disappearing in a blue fire that engulfed him.

‘Well its about time he made his own' I thought to myself.
 
Chapter 38
 
Mum and I spent the next week fixing the place up, painting, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, washing and everything else. Mum was having trouble doing some things so I would let her rest a lot and do much myself, mostly I was at the house and she was at the hotel, seems how the furniture and stuff hasn't come yet.

Mum and I decided that we would show up a day early, to help and pack up at the old house and come back the same way, my way. I think mum is getting used to it, who wouldn't right, no carjams or stop signs and lights.

"Mark!" I yelled from my old room.

Mark came running in, "Ya, what's up sis?" he asked.

"You want my old clothes?" I replied holding up some of my old boys clothes.

"Sure thanks, don't mind packing them for me though do ya eh?" answered Mark smirking.

"Sure no problem" I said.

I threw the clothes in boxes and took a marker and wrote ‘Marks clothes, no longer my crap' and folded the seams of the box at the top.

I was done packing, I took one last tiny box about the size of a typical shoebox, and placed it on the bed. I turned around and held my hands out to the stack of boxes and chanted.

Lot of might
packages galore
size in numbers
reduce it
by little more

The stack of boxes by the boxes shrunk laid on the floor, each box with stuff the size no more than a ring box. Taking each which it's weight was by far the same as before but which the size was different only. I put them all in the shoebox, and put on the top of the box.

I levitated the box as it was far to heavy to carry, to the moving truck, which I labeled the box ‘My stuff' in a bright pink colored marker.

Mark came out with the rest of his stuff, followed by Richard and then by mum.

Mark put his stuff in the back. We hugged and said our good byes.

"Well we'll see you later at home" I said hugging Mark, giving him the address on a ripped sheet of paper "drive safe" waving goodbye.

Mark looked at the address:

1741 Maple rd west, RR8, Algonquin County.

Mark then gave the address to Richard, and hopped in the truck. Mum and Richard pecked for a short moment and then entered into the drivers seat, and closed the door. Mum and I waved as they drove off.

"So what are we going to be doing while there gone" asked mum as she knew it would only take a few seconds for us to get back, though they wouldn't be there for perhaps another 8 hours or more.

"Back to school shopping I suppose" I said hoping beyond a doubt.
 
 
"I suppose, doesn't sound bad to me" mum replied semi-eagerly.

Mum and I went to the mall wasn't that far away, we took a bus, as I only brought a few transportation potions, got to save them as I am running out.

We went to Walmart, wasn't my favorite of choices but it will do, we only got the essentials unfortunately, no clothes from here, as it wouldn't fit in to my new surroundings back home. We got, pencils, pens, papers, notebooks, book bags, and so much more of the stuff for your normal day at school. When we were done mum and I left the mall and walked in the alley behind the shops where no one was and did the travel disappearing in the cloud of pink smoke.

We ended up back in my new room, It had little floral wallpaper all around, the doorway was a dark brown, just as the door, the knobs were at least 50 years old, brass, with a skeleton key hole, which luckily I had the key to. There was a potbelly stove in one corner, and two windows which frames matched the doors. There was two other doors one that lead to a small walk in closet, and another that lead to the bathroom that Mark and I would share as there was a two way entrance, one to my bedroom the other to marks bedroom. I was so going to go to a few second hand stores and look for some antique looking furniture for my room as it would suite it grand. I hope for sure to find a canopy bed, perhaps dark red maple. Some boxes of my stuff were already here from Aleeda's, so soon I would unpack.

Mark and Richard showed up a couple of hours later, I think the traffic was bad, or he hit the brake more than the gas. We spent the better part of the weekend setting the house up, arranging everything to suite our tastes, I especially had fun with my room.

I found what I was looking for to an extent, a whole antique bedroom suite all in a heavy black oak, and brass handles. It cost a pretty penny, though it was worth it, I traded my old bedroom suite for it and paid a couple hundred on top, no big deal it was a good bargain. I got a dresser, a wardrobe, and a queen size canopy bed.

We had less than a week to school now, and I wasn't looking forward to it one bit.
 
Chapter 39
 
I was up at 6 in the morning so I could be ready for my first day at Algonquin Secondary School, although it wasn't a private facility, it had a uniform regulation. I was dressed in a black, blue and white plaid skirt, white blouse and a blue vest with black hems with the school crest on the left hand side, and a black and blue cross over tie. I had on a black strap uniform shoes with a two inch heal over my white silk stockings that were supported by my garter belt, my nails that were among regulation, I decided to paint a mild pink shade which had grown a lot over the summer now being a quarter inch longer than my finger tips. My hair was supported by a blue headband, though it was parted down the center. I also wore my dangle pearl earrings, with my face painted with only a mild dose of makeup, and my lips perfectly glossed with a few shades of pink. When I finished getting dressed I grabbed my jacket and my purse after all it has started t get a little chilly up here.

Walking down the stairs Mark was already ready and dressed, I had been so busy I missed breakfast, so I grabbed a Pop-Tart, the nice strawberry one. I went to the downstairs closet and grabbed my book-bag, I gave mum a kiss on the cheek and left saying "See you later" Mark already racing to the bus down the street.

Mark wasn't going to the same school as me he was going to the other town to school, Sarnia Pre-highschool, don't know the name of it, but he is lucky he doesn't have to wear a bloody uniform.

Nathan and his dad waited patiently in there red SUV parked in our parking lot for me. Seeing me Nathan got out and opened the back door for me, I got in he closed the door and walked around to the other side taking a seat next to me.

‘Hmm' thought Mr. Barton who replied "No funny business now eh!" which made me giggle and Nathan went red, he blushes a lot.

"No worries Mr. Barton, he knows better than taking the backseat for granted" I said "I ain't that kind of girl"

Mr. Barton looked at me questioningly then pleased in the mirror. "Fair enough my dear, just behave Nathan" stated Mr. Barton with an all knowing eye.

Nathan looked great, though different in his uniform. He was wearing blue dress pants, white dress shirt, blue and black vest and a black and blue tie, his vest also having the school crest on the left hand side. He was also wearing black loafers, and white formal socks. His hair was combed back with a side parting.

It was about a 20 minute drive, we pulled in around 8:30 in the morning, and Nathan got out and was a very kind gentleman opening and closing doors as usual. We said our thanks and goodbyes to Mr. Barton and walked inside the school. There were tables and so forth around the foyer as we walked in.

Nathan stayed with me so I could get all my stuff I had to get at the table marked ‘H-k'.

"Name please" said the teacher operating the booth.

"Morwen Hearth" I replied with a smile.

The teacher looked through her files, and then pulled out a tan colored file saying "Hearth, Morwen Annette" handing me the file.

I moved aside and she said "Next!"

I opened my file and read my schedule while waiting in line with Nathan

Instrumental: Fiddle-beginners...8:45-10:00
Mathematics.............................10:05-11:20
English.....................................11:25-12:40
Lunch Break............................12:40-1:15
World History...........................1:15-2:30
Home Economics.....................2:35-3:25
Extra Curricular.......................3:30-4:30

"Name please" said the teacher at the booth without looking up.

"Nathan Barton" replied Nathan.

The teacher looked up, "Ah my boy! How are you, good summer eh" responded the teacher enthusiastically.

"Yes the best I ever had actually" said Nathan matter-of-factly giving a look over at me "Thanks for asking Mr. Green"

"Well, well! You finally stepped out of yer shell eh, about time I dare say" replied Mr. Green with a smirk "You planning to try out on the team this year?"

"Planning on it, though I may keep Morwen here company as she is new, in her extra curricular activity if she gets around to choosing one that is" giving a smirk thinking I didn't notice, though I replied by sticking my tongue out at him.

"Very good, indeed! Well it was great seeing ya kid! Here's yer file, hope to see ya later" replied Mr. Green handing Nathan the folder.

Nathan and I walked outside for a breather from the stifling crowd, and handed me his schedule.

Physical Education..8:45-10:00
Mathematics..........10:05-11:20
Agriculture.............11:25-12:40
Lunch Break...............12:40-1:15
Adv-Business Studies...1:15-2:30
Home Economics..........2:35-3:25
Extra curricular.............3:30-4:30

"Yay, we got two classes and lunch together" I said enthusiastically.

"Really!" replied Nathan curious.

"Ya! Home-Ec and Math" I replied gleefully.

"Home-Ec, you sure maybe it was a typo" Nathan stated defensively.

I looked at Nathan realizing maybe his pride was hurt, after all it is considered a more female dominated course.

"It's ok sweety, in this course we can practice being married a little, trust me it'll be worth it, and besides a man who can take care of the home is a man that most girls hunt for, especially me" I said which raised his spirits.


 
To Be Continued...

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Girl in Me -13-

Nice to se them settling down, but now what happens?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine