Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 2.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 2 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Alice was sat on the toilet the next day at school waiting for Alex to turn up. She held her breath when she heard someone enter the toilets.

     “Alice, are you in here?” Alex asked in a whisper.

    Alice unlocked the cubical door and waved Alex in to the stall with her before she said anything. “What would you have done if someone else was in here with me bro?”

     “I’ve been hiding down the hall for the past ten minutes, just to make sure there was no one else in here. I just wasn’t sure you’d got here yet.” Alex whispered.

     “I’ve been here for some time now. I had a free study period, so I told the teacher I was going to study in the Library. That should give you enough time to meet up with Damon and Paul without anyone thinking it weird.” Alice said with a worried look. “Are you sure you want to do this Alexis?” Alice asked, using Alex’s female name.

     “Yes I’m sure sis. I’m kind of looking forward to doing it.” Alex said with a grin, as he started to take off his male uniform, so he could slip into the school uniform of Alice’s they had brought with them today, just so Alex could pretend to be her and meet Damon and Paul with the homework She’d promised to do for them, just to stop them beating up Alex.

    Alex had even gone as far as to wear a pair of panties that morning, just so he would feel even more like Alexis, and not Alex in his sister’s school uniform. Alice handed Alex a bra to put on, once he’d finished taking off his male uniform. They’d left the breast forms at home, so Alice used tissue paper to give Alexis some breasts. Alice wasn’t overly large breasted, so they didn’t have to use too much padding. Once Alex had the bra padded out, Alice handed him the blouse to put on next, and she smiled as she saw Alexis appear before her.

     “It’s nice to see you again sis, even if it is in the girl’s toilets at school.” Alice whispered, as she passed Alexis the gray pleated skirt that was part of the uniform for the school.

     “If this works sis, maybe we can have some fun every now and then.” Alexis said in her best copy of Alice’s voice.

     “What do you mean, if this works?” Alice asked in an angry whisper. “If you think this won’t work for any reason, then say so now and I’ll call the whole thing off, and go to meet them myself.” Alice added looking worried again.

     “It will work sis. I was just thinking that it could be fun to let Alexis out at school every now and then.” Alex smiled.

     “You have a strange idea of fun sis.” Alice said with a grin.

     “Must be my inner bitch showing through.” Alex said, doing a good impression of Alice again.

     “I don’t think it makes you a bitch sis. I think it’s just the real you trying to get out a little more.” Alice took hold of Alexis’s hands and smiled at her as she said it. “No normal brother would do half the stuff you do, just to keep their sister safe from harm.” Alice said as she gave her sister a hug.

     “You know as well as I do Alice that it’s not easy letting Alexis out very often.” Alexis looked at his watch and saw that he needed to get going, or he’d be late meeting Damon and Paul.”

     “We better swap watchers, or someone might notice that you’re wearing a guy’s watch.” Alice said, as she took her watch off and handed it to Alexis to put on, once he took his off.

     “Great thinking sis. That could have given everything away.” Alex said, sounding just like Alice.

    Alex, now looking just like Alice, swapped watches with Alice, and then slowly opened the toiled door and checked to make sure they were still alone in there. “I’ll be as quick as I can sis. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to stay in here until I get back.” Alexis asked.

     “Yes, I know.” Alice said with a roll of her eyes. “I’ll sit here and read until you get back.” Alice added, as she sat down on the toilet seat again, and got a book out her bag. “Please be careful.” Alice looked worried as she said it.

     “Don’t worry sis, I’ll be fine.” Alexis slipped out the stall and closed the door again, then waited for Alice to lock the door before he left the toilet.

    Alex had been out a bunch of times with Alice, while being dressed as Alexis, but this was scary. He was walking around school dressed as Alice. Alice always looked scared as she walked from classroom to classroom, so it wasn’t hard for Alex to act like Alice. He was scared that every kid he walked past were going to start shouting that they knew it was him dressed as Alice, but all the kids just bumped into him, like they did with Alice, like she wasn’t even there. Alex soon found himself, or herself waiting at the spot Damon and Paul had told her to meet them.

    Damon and Paul were soon walking around the corner, and looking as scary as always. They were two of the biggest guys on the football team. “I hope you’ve got something for us, or your wimp of a brother will be paying for it.” Damon said, as he walked up to where Alexis was stood waiting for them.

    Alexis wanted to give them a piece of her mind for what they had done to her sister, but as Alexis was pretending to be Alice, so she thought better of it, and kept quiet. She also knew that they would have some explaining to do when they handed it in and it was all wrong.

     “I’ve done what you asked, so please leave my brother alone.” Alexis said, sounding like Alice, and trying to look worried like she would. “You’ll need to copy it up in your own hand writing, but it’s what you need for your English class.” Alexis had to fight a grin as she said that bit. “What you need to fail the class.” Alexis thought

     “He’s safe for now geek. We’ll be in touch when we need the next load of homework doing.” Damon said, as he took the homework off Alexis that she took out of Alice’s bag, that she had slung over her shoulder.

     “I can’t keep doing your homework for you.” Alexis whined.

     “Well your wimpy little brother will be spending a lot of time in the nurse’s office then.” Paul said with a sick sounding laugh.

    Alexis wanted to smile, as she thought about how much fun they would both have when the teacher came to mark their homework. He knew that they would both be kicked off the team for cheating and not keeping up with their class work. Alex thought they were asking for everything they got.

    Damon was moving in closer to Alexis, like he was going to try and kiss her, but thankfully he was stopped when a girls voice called out Alice’s name.

     “Hey Alice, Do you have a minute?” Alexis heard a girl called Sarah Briton call out to her, as she walked around the corner.

    Alexis smiled when she saw Damon and Paul back off, just before they turned and walked away, with Damon giving Alexis a look that said she’d see them again soon. Alexis turned to look at Sarah once the two of them had gone out of sight. Sarah was one of the few girls in school that had any time for Alice, so Alex was worried when she wanted to talk to him, as she thought Alex was Alice.

     “Hello Sarah. What can I help you with?” Alexis asked with a smile, trying to act like Alice would.

     “Nothing, I just saw them two picking on you, and wanted to try and help you out.” Sarah smiled, as she walked up to where Alexis stood. “I was also wondering if you managed to ask your brother about me yet?”

     “What was it you wanted me to ask him again?” Alexis asked, as she was a little shocked to find out that Sarah was trying to get Alice to ask Alex a question about something.

     “You were going to ask Alex if he’d be interested in going out with me. Don’t you remember the chat we had the other day?” Sarah asked with a strange look, as she looked Alexis in the eyes, thinking she was talking to Alice.

    Alexis was getting worried at the way Sarah was looking at her, and also shocked that Sarah was also interested in going out on a date with him. Alexis soon shook of his shock, and came up with an answer for her.

     “Oh that. Yes I did ask him in a roundabout way, and he seemed very interested in going out with you.” Alexis said, as she thought about getting together with Sarah on a date. He did have to wonder what Sarah would think of him if she knew that she was talking to Alex, and not Alice.

     “So do you think that I should ask him, or wait for him to ask me?” Sarah asked, as she bit her bottom lip, like she was nervous.

     “I’d wait for him to ask you out Sarah if I was you.” Alexis smiled. “I think it always looks better if the boy asks the girl out.” Alexis added, as she made a mental note to have a word with Alice, and find out why she’d not said anything to him about her chat with Sarah the other day.

     “Good point Alice. Thanks for talking to him for me.” Sarah smiled, and then gave Alice a quick hug. “Will you be okay getting to your next class, or do you want me to walk with you?” Sarah asked when they broke the hug.

     “No! I’ll be fine Sarah, but thanks for the offer. I don’t think I’ll be having any more trouble from them two for a couple of days.” Alexis smiled.

    Sarah just smiled back, and then turned and walked away with a little skip in her step. Alex went to run back to the toilets where he’d left Alice waiting for him, but then remembered that Alice would never run in the hallways, so he took a steady walk instead.

    Alexis had just turned onto the hallway where the toilets were that Alice was waiting for him in, when he saw the pomp pomp Posey walk into the same toilets.

     “Great, all I need is for the cheerleading squad to use this toilet.” Alexis said to herself as she waited at the end of the hallway, hoping they wouldn’t be in there to long, and they didn’t find Alice sat there. That would be fun, as a couple of the cheerleaders had looked straight at Alexis before going into the toilets.

    The girls didn’t seem to be in there to long before they all walked back out again. They walked up the hallway and pushed Alexis out the way, as they all looked down their noses at her. Alex would have said something to them, but Alexis was pretending to be Alice, so she just looked down at the floor like Alice would do. Once the girl’s had all gone out of sight, Alexis walked down the hallway and entered the toilets. She knocked on the toilet door that he’d left Alice sitting in four times to let Alice know it was him back from his mission.

    Alice slowly unlocked the door and poked her head out. “What took you so long Alexis?” Alice asked in a whisper. “I thought the cheerleaders were going to find me waiting for you.” Alice added, as she opened the door fully and pulled her twin sister into the cubical with her.

     “I’m sorry, but I ran into Sarah Briton, which we need to have a little chat about later. Then I was just coming down the hallway, when I saw the pomp pomp Posey walk into the toilet. So I had to wait for them to leave before I could enter myself.” Alexis tried to explain.

    Alice looked a little worried when she heard Alexi mention Sarah Briton. She was hoping that he would never find out about the chat the two of them had had the other day.

     “What did Sarah say to you sis?” Alice asked sounding nervous.

     “Like I said, we’ll talk about it later. Let’s just get me back to looking like Alex, so we can get out of here before the cheerleaders come back.” Alexis said, as he started taking the cloths off.

    Alex was soon back, and Alice used some wipes to remove the little bit of makeup she’d put on him. Alex was going to put the clothes for Alexis in his locker for the time being along with the bag of hair and makeup products, just in case they needed her again at some point in the future. Alice left the toilet first, and then sent Alex a text message to let him now the hallway was clear.

    Alice was sat outside under a tree when she saw Alex walking towards her, so she gave him a worried smile. She could see that he wasn’t happy, and she already knew what it would be about.

     “Hi Bro. How you feeling after your little excitement this morning?” Alice asked.

     “Don’t you ‘hi’ me sis.” Alex said looking angry with her. “Why didn’t you ever say anything about your chat with Sarah?” He asked, as he sat down next to her.

     “I’m sorry about that Alex.” Alice said close to tears.

     “Why did you feel the need to not tell me she liked me sis?” Alex asked, sounding more hurt now than angry.

     “I was scared you’d not want to spend any time with me as Alexis anymore if you two started going out.” Alice said with a sigh, as she let her head drop in shame.

     “Do you really think that you’d lose me if I ever found a girlfriend?” Alex asked her.

     “I wasn’t even sure you’d want a girlfriend. Do you?” Alice asked.

     “Yes I like girls, and I’d really like to get a date with Sarah. She came to make sure I was alright when she thought I was you. I think you could have a friend in her, if you gave her a chance.” Alex smiled.

     “So does this mean you’ll be asking her out on a date?” Alice asked with a smile, when she saw Alex smile at her.

     “Do you mind if I ask her out?” Alex asked.

     “No, just as long as you can still find some time to spend with me.” Alice asked with a weak smile.

     “I’ll always make time for you sis.” Alex said with a grin.

    Alice looked a lot happier when she saw Alex grin. They sat under the tree for the whole lunch time and ate their lunch together. They did this most days, unless Alice was doing work in the computer lab.

    Later in the afternoon Alex was going from one classroom to another when he bumped into Sarah in the hallway. She smiled at Alex, and Alex smiled back.

     “Hi Sarah, Alice told me you two had a little chat the other day. And then you helped her out with Damon and Paul this morning. Thanks for that.” Alex said.

     “No problem Alex. I like Alice. I just wish she would talk to me more. It took me a long time getting her to talk to me the other day, but I must be making progress. She seemed a lot more talkative this morning.” Sarah smiled.

     “Would you really like to go out and see a movie or something like that with me then?” Alex asked.

     “Yes I would Alex, but only if we bring Alice along with us. I can see how close you two are, and I don’t want to leave her out of anything.”

     “You’d be okay with that?” Alex asked.

     “Yes, I’d be okay with that for the time being Alex, but I may want to be with only you now and then. So when do you want to go out?” Sarah asked.

    Alex and Sarah sorted out to go the following night, and they set a time to meet at the mall. With the details sorted out they both went off to their next class.

*****

     Alice was sat in her bedroom later that night doing her homework when she saw Alex stood at her bedroom door. She could tell by the look on his face that he had something exciting to tell her.

     “Can I come in and have a chat with you sis?”

     “Sure bro. You look happy about something.” Alice asked, as she put her pen down, so she could give Alex her full attention.

     “I bumped into Sarah this afternoon between classes, and I asked her out.” Alex said with a grin.

     “That’s great bro. When are you going out then?” Alice asked, not looking quite as happy as Alex was.

     “We’re going out tomorrow night to see a movie, and then grab something to eat after.” Alex said, as he sat down in the seat next to Alice’s desk.

     “I hope you have a nice time with her.”

     “That should be, I hope we have a nice time sis.” Alex said with a grin. “She wants us both to go with her.” Alex added.

     “Sarah wants me to come on a date with the two of you?” Alice asked with a puzzled look.

     “I said she wanted to be your friend. Not all the kids at school want to make fun of you sis.”

    Alice felt happier knowing that she’d been invited along with Alex and Sarah. She’d always liked Sarah, so she was looking forward to the chance to spend a little time getting to know her better.

    By lunch time the next day at School, word had got round that Damon and Paul had been kicked off the football team until they had done a course to prove that they did know their English homework. Alex and Alice knew that they would be looking for some kind of payback for what they did to them. So they kept close together for the rest of the day.

    Alice had asked to borrow their mum’s car for the night, so she was driving them to the mall to meet up with Sarah. She was waiting for them where they agreed to meet.

     “Hi Alex, Alice. I’m glad you decided to come with us to see the movie.” Sarah smiled, as she looked at Alice.

     “Thanks for asking me to come with the two of you.” Alice smiled back.

     “Are you both ready to get the tickets, and grab some popcorn and a drink then?” Alex asked, as he led the way to the movie theatre.

    Alex got the tickets and then brought them all a drink and popcorn before they went to see the movie. Sarah and Alice both offered to buy their own, but Alex wanted to treat them both. After the movie, they all made their way to a pizza place in the mall. Sarah led them over to a table in the corner away from everyone else, and they all sat down. The waitress came and took their order before leaving to get them their drinks.

     “Did you not want to be seen with us Sarah?” Alex asked, as he looked at all the empty tables they walked past to sit where they were sat.

     “No, not at all Alex. I just wanted to have a chat with the two of you.” Sarah said looking nervous.

     “Is this where you tell us that you were set up on a dare, and everyone at school is in on it.” Alex asked looking a little angry.

     “NO! I just wanted to ask you some questions without the risk of being over heard by anyone. I had a great time with the two of you tonight, and I hope we can do it a lot more in the future.” Sarah said looking a little hurt at the way Alex just spoke to her.

     “I’m sorry for what I said Sarah. I just worry about Alice being hurt.” Alex said.

     “That’s okay Alex. I’ve seen the way most the kids treat the pair of you, and it makes me mad.” Sarah said through gritted teeth. “I’m not sure how to put this in a way that won’t upset both of you.” Sarah added.

     Alice and Alex both looked at each other with a worried look. “Now you’ve got us worried Sarah. So can you just come out and say whatever it is you want to say.” Alex asked.

     “I’ve seen the two of you out shopping a couple of times. Well I think it was the two of you, unless you have another twin sister that I’ve never met. Or would that be a triplet? You know what I mean.” Sarah said looking nervous.

    Alice and Alex suddenly didn’t feel very hungry, as they sat looking at Sarah, and then each other. “So what will it cost us for you to keep this to yourself?” Alex finally asked.

     “Just your friendship.” Sarah smiled. “I’m not going to tell anyone, I promise” Sarah added, as she put her hand on her heart. “That was you dressed as Alice yesterday at school, wasn’t it?”

     “Yes it was. I didn’t want Alice facing Damon and Paul. So I dressed as her and took them the homework they bullied Alice into doing for them.” Alex said, as he looked up at Sarah with worry in his eyes.

     “Is that the same homework that they both got into trouble for not doing right?” Sarah asked.

     “Yes. I found out what they had threatened Alice with, and I wasn’t about to stand by and let them get away with it.” Alex said with anger in his voice.

     “Aren’t you worried about them trying to get some revenge on Alice for what she did, or what they think she did?” Sarah asked looking worried.

    Alex just sat looking at Sarah with a blank look on his face until Alice spoke for him. “Alex tends not to plan that far ahead. Do you bro?” Alice asked with a frown.

     “Okay, so I didn’t think the plan through as well as I should have.” Alex said. “I’ll start spreading a rumour tomorrow that it was me that did the homework. That should make them come after me.” Alex added looking proud of his new plan.

     “You do realise they will kill you when they find out what you did.” Sarah said looking even more worried.

     “Don’t worry about me; I can take care of myself.” Alex said with a grin.

    Sarah just shook her head from side to side when she saw the grin on Alex’s face. Finally she asked. “Can I ask how the dressing as Alice’s twin first started?”

    Alex looked at Sarah for a couple of seconds, and then he let out a sigh and started to tell his story. Alice filled in bits that Alex skimmed over.

     “Do you have a name for your female side?” Sarah asked when they finished their story.

     “Yes, we call her Alexis. Alice thought of it for me.” Alex smiled, as he looked at Alice.

     “I like that name. You two did look really good when I saw you both in the mall that day. You also looked good yesterday at school.” Sarah smiled.

     “How did you know it was me dressed as Alice yesterday?”

     “Just some little things, one was your eyebrows being a little fuller than Alice has hers, and then there was the way you seemed to be at ease talking to me when I came up to you, when it looked like Damon was about to kiss you.”

     “Damon tried to kiss me, I mean you?” Alice asked with a shocked look on her face.

     “No, well I don’t think so. I think it was more him trying to intimidate me.” Alex said, with a shudder, as he thought of a guy kissing him.

    The waitress brought them their drinks, and then returned with their pizza, so they started eating. Once they had finished their food, and Sarah paid the bill, due to Alex not being fast enough to grab it before her. Alice gave Sarah a lift home, and then went home themselves.

    Alice parked the car on the driveway and then just sat there looking at Alex. “Do you think we can trust Sarah not to tell anyone about Alexis?” Alice asked.

     “I feel like we can, and you seemed to be getting on with her okay by the end of the night.” Alex smiled, as he thought of Alice having a laugh with Sarah while they sat eating the pizza.

     “I did have fun tonight bro. It was nice having another friend along with us. Do you think we’ll be able to take Alexis and Sarah shopping some time?”

     “I don’t want to push things with Sarah, but if she seems okay with it all, then I’ll ask her if she thinks she could cope with a shopping trip.” Alex said, just before getting out the car and waiting for Alice to get out and lock it. Then they went into the house.

*****

    The next morning when they got to school, they noticed that the other kids all seemed to be looking at them, and then whispering to each other. Alex was worried that Sarah had told someone about him dressing as a girl.

     “Do you think Sarah told on us?” Alice asked looking worried.

     “I’m not sure sis, but it doesn’t look good.” Alex whispered back, as they walked toward the entrance to the school.

     “Will you be okay if I leave you bro? I need to get a computer book back to the lab before I get to homeroom.” Alice asked, as they got to the entrance.

     “I’m always fine sis. I need to go and find Sarah, so I can find out what she’s been telling people anyway.” Alex said, as he started walking in a different direction to what Alice needed to go.

    Alex was just about to open his locker, so he could put some of his books in it, when he heard Sarah calling his name. He turned around just as she got to where he was stood.

     “I see your word doesn’t mean much then Sarah, judging by all the looks Alice and I have been getting.” Alex said, as he slammed his locker door shut and turned to walk away.

     “Alex, I’ve not told anyone about what we talked about last night. But you do have a problem.” Sarah said looking worried. “Do you know where Alice is at the minute?”

     “She’s gone to the computer lab to drop a book off before going to homeroom. Why, what’s the problem?” Alex asked looking worried as well now.

     “It seems that Damon and Paul were a little more upset over the homework thing than you thought they would be.” Sarah said looking worried.

     “What have you heard Sarah? Is Alice in danger?” Alex asked, as he started walked towards the computer lab to check on Alice.

     “Don’t worry Alex; they don’t plan to hurt Alice in that way, but they have already started spreading a nasty rumour about her.” Sarah tried to stop Alex walking any further as she spoke to him.

     “What kind of rumour?” Alex asked, as he stopped and turned around to find out what she knew. Sarah looked even more worried now that Alex was stood waiting for her to tell him what she’d heard. “Sarah! Tell me what you know?”

     “They’re spreading a rumour that Alice gave them both...” Sarah couldn’t say the word, but she did show Alex by putting her hand up to her mouth to indicate giving a guy head.

     “They’ve done what?!” Alex asked with anger in his voice. “I’m going to kill them both.” Alex added, as he started running off to find Alice and make sure she was okay.

    Sarah ran after him, if only to stop him trying to take on Damon and Paul if he ran into them on the way to the computer lab. Alex made it to the lab without seeing either of them, but he did find Alice sat in a corner crying her eyes out.

     “Alice, are you alright?” Alex asked, as he ran over to her, and sat down beside her.

     “No I’m not alright Alex! I told you to just let me do the stupid homework for them, but no! You had to take any opportunity to try and get one over on them.” Alice shouted at him, as she sobbed. “They told everyone I gave them...” Alice couldn’t bring herself to even finish saying it.

    “I’m so sorry sis. I had no idea they would sink so low as to tell people you did anything like that.” Alex pulled Alice into a hug with him, as she kept sobbing. “I’ll fix this Alice. I don’t know how yet, but I’m going to fix this.” Alex added.

     “Please just stop trying to help me Alex. I think you’ve done enough.” Alice said, as she pushed Alex away and then got up off the floor. “I’ve got to get to class.” Alice said, as she pushed her way past Sarah and left the room.

     “Try not to worry Alex. I’ll keep an eye on her for you, but I’ve got no idea how you’re going to fix any of this.” Sarah said with a weak smile, just before she left the room to catch up with Alice. They had the same homeroom, so it wouldn’t be hard for her to keep an eye on Alice for Alex.

    Alex had part of a plan to try and fix the problem Alice had, but he’d need Bill and Ted’s help to make it work. He would also need a little bit of luck to go with it. Alex knew that Damon and Paul couldn’t keep the lie up for long, so he planned to try and get a recording of them owning up to the lie. He found Bill and Ted in their little hiding place down in the basement.

     “Bill, Ted, I really need your help guys.” Alex said, as he entered the room where they were both sat tapping away on their computers.

     “Hey dude, I thought we’d be getting a visit from you this morning. Sorry to hear what Damon and Paul have been saying about Alice.” Bill said with a sad look.

    "Yes dude, we’ll make the bastards pay for what they’ve done.” Ted said with anger in his voice.

    Alex knew Ted wasn’t happy. He only ever used words like that when he was really angry with someone, or something.

     “We’ve been checking all the recordings we’ve made since they first told that crap to someone this morning, but as of yet, they haven’t told anyone it was a lie.” Bill said.

     “They have football practice this afternoon, so hopefully they will let it slip in the changing room, what really happened.” Ted said, as he typed away on his laptop.

     “Do you guys have any idea on how to let the whole school know what they really did? Once we get the recording.” Alex asked, as he paced back and forth.

     “That’s the easy bit dude.” Ted said with a look on his face that said Alex should know better by now. “We’ll hack into the PA system and play the recording over that. I’ll even put it on a delay, so it will play while we’re all in class. That means no one will be able to pin it on us.”

     “I can’t thank you guys enough for doing this. I’ll owe you big time after all this.” Alex said with a sigh. “I better get to homeroom before I’m late.” Alex added, looking at the time.

     “You’ve done way too much to help us dude already. It will be cool helping you do this for Alice.” Bill waved off Alex’s comment about owing them for their help “We better see about getting to class as well.” Bill said, as he also looked at the time.

    Bill and Ted were both in advanced classes, so they had more time to get from class to class. They could also get away with not showing up for some classes, if they were busy doing another one. That’s why they were able to keep tabs on everything going on in the school.

    Alex was getting angrier as he made his way to class. He could see the other kids looking at him, and then whispering to their friends. Alex knew they were talking about Alice, and he just wanted to beat the truth into them all. Even the teachers he passed had the same looks on their faces. The whole morning went the same way with all the kids and teachers looking at him like he had some disease. He could only imagine what Alice was dealing with at the minute.

    Sarah had been close to Alice all morning; she’d even stepped in a couple of time and stopped some other kids teasing her about what Damon and Paul said she did. Alex found them both sat under the tree Alice normally sat under at lunchtime.

    “Hi Alice. Is it okay if I join you?” Alex asked, as he got to where she was sat with Sarah.

    “Why would you want to Alex? You found some new way to make my life an even bigger mess?” Alice asked with anger in her voice.

    “Alice, he was trying to help keep you safe. You can’t blame him for this.” Sarah snapped at Alice.

     “Sarah, please don’t shout at her. She’s right, this is my fault.” Alex said looking depressed. “I’ll go and find some other place to sit and eat my lunch. Please keep an eye on Alice for me Sarah.” Alex asked, as he walked away. Alice never tried to stop him walking away; she just sat moping under the tree as she watched her brother walk away.

     “Don’t you think that was a little mean of you Alice?” Sarah asked.

     “No I don’t. I’m not asking you to sit with me, why don’t you go and sit with your boyfriend.” Alice said in a gloomy voice.

     “He asked me to keep an eye on you for him, and that’s what I plan to do, whether you like it or not.” Sarah said, as she sat down next to Alice again.

    Alice just sat with her arms wrapped around her legs, and her head resting on her knees, waiting for the afternoon classes to start, and the next round of whispers and looks.

    Alex went to find Bill and Ted, to see if they had any news on their little plan to clear Alice’s name of what Damon and Paul said she’d done to them. Alex found them in their normal hiding place checking to see if they had the confession they were looking for.

     “Hey dude, how’s Alice doing?” Bill asked when he saw Alex enter the room.

     “She’s not doing to good, and not talking to me right now. Please tell me you’ve found something I can use against them.”

     “Wish I could dude, but they haven’t been any place to start boasting about it yet.” Bill said with a shrug of his shoulders. “I still think our best bet will be in the changing room after practice.” Bill added.

     “I know man, but I just hate all this waiting around. Will they even be at practice?” Alex asked, looking worried that their plan to get a confession might not happen.

     “They’ll be at practice dude. The coach had a word with the teacher and they agreed to let them go to practice, but they can’t play in a game until they’ve done the English paper again. The teacher is smart though dude, he’s making the two of them write it in class so he can see them do it.” Bill said with a grin.

     “The jocks get all the breaks, I hate them.” Alex said with anger in his voice, but Alex found himself wishing he was one of the jocks right now, so he could go and beat the crap out of Damon and Paul. Yet another reason to hate being small. He ate his lunch, and then got up to go to the afternoon classes.

     “Text me the minute you get something we can use against them.” Alex said, just before leaving the room.

     “You’ll be the first to know dude.” Ted said.

    Alex was just walking to his next lesson when he saw Alice and Sarah walking the other way towards him. Alice saw him and then turned, and walked another way to avoid him. Alex let out a sigh, and then kept walking to his next lesson again.

    The afternoon went about as well as the morning. Alex was getting looks, and even had a couple of the other jocks ask if he offered the same service as his sister did. Alex took a swing at one of them, but he just stepped out the way, and laughed as Alex fell to the floor. The two guys walked away, saying he fights like a girl.

    Alex was lying on his bed later that night feeling like shit for what had happened to Alice that day. He’d tried to talk to Alice once they got home, but she just went to her room and closed the door behind her. Alex knocked, but got no answer. He tried again at dinner, but she still wouldn’t talk to him. Alex was snapped out of his gloomy mood when he heard his mobile make a sound to let him know he had a new text message.

    Jumping off the bed, Alex grabbed his mobile and looked at the text message. It was from Bill and Ted, they said they had the proof they needed to clear Alice’s name. Alex scrolled down to Bill’s number and called him.

     “Hi dude, I thought I’d be getting a call.” Bill said.

     “Tell me what you have.” Alex asked, sounding excited.

     “I can do better than that dude. I’ll play it for you.” Bill said, and he started clicking some keys on his computer.

    All of a sudden, Alex could hear Damon and Paul telling one of the other jocks called Matt, how they made the whole story up, just to teach Alice a lesson. The other jock said they shouldn’t have been dumb enough to go upsetting their main source of homework, geeks. Matt went on to say that and some of the other players on the football team used geeks to get their homework done, and what they had done could be trouble for them all. Matt was the star quarter back, and was also dating the head cheerleader Tiffany. Everyone thought they made the perfect couple.

     Alex was really pleased with what they’d managed to get on tape for him to use. “That’s great work Bill. What do we need to do now, before we can get it played on the PA system at school?” Alex asked.

     “Ted and I will meet you in our head quarters tomorrow morning early. We need to add some commentary to the conversation we have, then we’re ready to go.”

     “Okay Bill, I’ll see you early tomorrow, in your head quarters.” Alex smiled. Bill and Ted’s head quarters were the secret room they found near the boiler room down in the basement of the school. Alex got ready for bed, and got an early night.

*****

    Alex was up early and off out the door before Alice came down for breakfast. He got to school and went straight down to find Bill and Ted. They were busy doing something on their computers when he got down there.

     “Hi guys, thanks again for doing all this for me.” Alex said, as he put his backpack down, and then walked over to see what they were up to.

     “Our pleasure dude, it’ll be nice to get some payback on the jocks for all the swirly’s they’ve given us in the past.” Bill said with a grin, as he tapped away on his computer.

     “So true dude, and getting Matt on tape as well was a real bonus.” Ted added with a grin. Ted and Matt had some history, so Ted was very happy to get a chance to get some payback on him as well, as Damon and Paul.

     “I thought that last night when Bill played it for me Ted. I’m glad you’ll finally get some revenge on him.” Alex said with a grin. Matt had ran over Ted’s dog while driving home drunk from a party one night, but due to his dad being a upstanding member of the community, Matt was never charged. To make matters worse, Matt then spent the next month picking on Ted until Alex pulled his attentions in another direction. “So what can I do to help?” Alex asked.

     “Ted’s just setting up a voice altering program on his laptop, and then you can add the lead in, so everyone knows why it’s being played for them.” Bill said.

    Ted was soon ready, and Alex set to work adding a lead in to the recording they had. Once that was done, Bill and Ted hacked into the PA system and set up the recording to play on a time just after they were all in homeroom for roll call.

     “Let’s get to class, and wait for the fun to start.” Alex said, as he grabbed his backpack and followed Bill and Ted out their secret room.

    Alex was just walking down the hallway, when he saw Alice at her locker. He didn’t bother trying to talk to her; he guessed she’d still be upset with him. Alex was happy to see Sarah still keeping an eye on her for him.

    Alice saw Alex, and part of her wanted to run over to him and say sorry, but then she saw some of the other students pointing and laughing, so she suddenly remembered why she was mad at him. She slammed her locker door shut, and then stormed off to class with Sarah walking close behind.

    Alex got to his homeroom and took his normal seat. Damon and Paul were also in his homeroom class, so they were sat at the back of the room shouting rude comments in his direction to do with Alice. Alex wanted to get up and let them have it, but he knew what was about to come, and he knew it would be way better than anything he could think to say. So he just sat at the front of the class looking at the blackboard, waiting for the PA to kick in.

    Alice walked into her homeroom and Sarah followed her in and then took her seat on the next aisle over from Alice. Matt and Tiffany were also in their homeroom, and they started calling Alice names as soon as she entered the room. Sarah was just about to say something to them when the Star Wars theme music started playing out the PA system. Everyone in their classroom, and all the other classrooms in the school, all stopped what they were doing to listen to it. Once the music stopped playing they all heard the voice of Darth Vader and the heavy breathing to go with it.

    “Yesterday a rumour was started about a fellow student, well here is proof that none of it ever happened.” Darth Vader said out the PA system. Then the recording of Damon and Paul talking to Matt started playing for everyone to hear.

    “Hey Damon, Paul, what’s this crap I’m hearing about you two getting a blowjob off Alice Farrey.” Matt was heard saying.

    “It’s all bull really. We just wanted to teach the stuck up little bitch a lesson for screwing up our homework when we forced her to do it for us.” Damon was heard to say, as he started laughing about it all.

    “The little bitch had it coming for what she did to us.” Paul said, “We’ve got to take extra classes to make up the grade, or we can’t play in any more games this season.” Paul added, just before a load bang was heard. It sounded like Paul had hit a locker door or something else metal.

    “You’re both idiots, do you know that?” Matt asked them. “First you threaten her into doing your homework, and then you start spreading bullshit rumours about her.” Matt added.

    “What’s your problem Matt? You get the geeks to do your homework too.” Damon said.

    “Yes I do, but I don’t go out of my way to piss them off to go with it.” Matt confessed.

    There were gasps from all the students when they heard that Matt had been getting other students to do his homework for him, and the fact that Alice hadn’t done anything like what Damon and Paul had said she’d done.

    “I can’t see what your problem is Matt, no one is going to believe she never gave us a blowjob. Maybe the little bitch will get our homework right next time.” Damon laughed.

    “I think it’s safe to say, you’ll be looking for someone else to do your homework from now on.” Matt said. “I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t try to kill herself over it all.” Matt added with a laugh.

    “Maybe we should start taking bets on how she’ll do it.” Damon said with a laugh.

    The Star Wars theme started again, and when it ended they all heard Darth Vader speak again. “No one can escape the power of the dark side. Let this be a warning to all who don’t do their own homework. And Luke, I really am your father”

    The PA system went quiet for a couple of seconds, just before they all heard another voice come over it. Everyone knew this voice to belong to the principle.

     “Will Matt Goodwood, Damon Cartwright and Paul Smith please report to my office, NOW!” The principles voice boomed out the speaker system.

    Alex sat trying not to grin, as he heard two chairs creaking, as Damon and Paul got up and left the room. They were now the talk of the school, not Alice. They both looked at Alex just before leaving the room; they had a pretty good idea that Alex had something to do with them being heard just now over the PA system. The fact that Alex was sat with the biggest grin on his face just proved it.

    Alice sat grinning, as she looked at Matt getting up and leaving the room. Alice even had a couple of the other student’s in the class say sorry for even thinking she’d do such a thing. Sarah was happy to see Alice smiling again; she just hoped that Alice would find Alex at lunchtime and say sorry to him.

    Instead of going to find Alice at lunchtime, Alex went to see what Bill and Ted found out about the punishment Damon, Paul and Matt would be getting. Bill and Ted were giving each other high fives and cheering when Alex found them in their little hiding place.

     “Hi Guys, what’s the good news?” Alex asked with a smile.

    “All three of them have been expelled until further notice, while they look into their grades.” Ted said with a grin.

    “Wow, I didn’t think they would go that far. Not with three of their best players on the football team.” Alex said looking a little shocked about it all.

     “What did you think would happen, once everyone heard the recording we made? They all got what was coming to them.” Ted said with a hint of happiness in his voice.

     “I know you’ve been looking for some payback on Matt for some time now, but we better keep all this to ourselves. I have a feeling that they could come looking for some revenge.” Alex said, as he started to think about possible problems with what had happened. “You and Bill should be safe, they don’t know that I get you two to help me do any of this, but they all know that I had everything to do with this.” Alex added.

     “We’ll do what we can to help keep them off your back dude, and give you early warning of any plan they might have to get some revenge.” Bill said.

     “Thanks guys, for the help with Alice, and for helping me with whatever Matt’s friends might have planned for me.” Alex said with a sigh.

     “Dude, that’s what friends are for.” Ted said, as he held up his hand to get a high five from Alex.

    Alex gave him a high five, and then left to go and see how Alice was doing. Alice was sat with Sarah and some other girls from their class, so he turned and started walking away again.

    Sarah saw Alex looking, and then she watched him turn and walk away again. Sarah could see that Alice was going to be okay for a bit, so she got up and ran off to catch up with Alex.

     “Alex! Alex! Hold up, and wait for me.” Sarah shouted, as she finally caught up with him. “Why didn’t you come over and sit with us just now?” Sarah asked a little out of breath.

     “Alice looked happy to be chatting with you and the other girls, and I didn’t want to bother her.” Alex said with a shrug. “I also didn’t want to risk either you or Alice saying anything about what you heard over the PA system.” Alex added looking a little worried, as he looked around to make sure no one was close enough to hear him.

     “Why shouldn’t everyone know what you did? You proved they were lying to everyone, and that they bully people into doing their homework for them.” Sarah said.

     “I guess you haven’t heard the news yet then.” Alex said with a troubled look. “I may have painted a target on my back with Matt’s buddies, and the rest of the football team.”

     “What news are you talking about and why would Matt and the rest of the football team be coming after you?” Sarah asked looking very confused.

     “All three of them have been expelled for bullying, and cheating on their homework. Damon and Paul looked at me like they knew I had something to do with it all. You know they’ll let Matt know everything, if they haven’t already.” Alex said, as he found an empty bench to sit on, so he could eat his lunch.

     “All three of them got expelled?” Sarah asked looking worried herself now. “Do you think they’ll go after Alice again?”

     “I think Alice should be safe. They won’t want to get caught doing anything to Alice, not with them being heard bullying her on the PA system.” Alex said with a shrug. “I’m beginning to think Alice was right, and I shouldn’t have talked her into tricking Damon and Paul in the first place.” Alex added with a sigh. “Maybe it is time for me to let her live her own life, so I can start living mine. I might even be able to keep out of trouble and get on my parents good side for once.” Alex chuckle.

     “Alice didn’t mean all that stuff she said to you Alex. She was just angry and scared” Sarah said in a pleading voice. “Just go and talk to her about it. Alice told me she was glad you came through for her, even after everything she said.” Sarah added, in some hope that Alex would rethink his not helping to protect Alice any more.

     “Everything she said came from some place Sarah. I just never knew she felt that way about me.” Alex sounded depressed as he said it.

     “What about Alexis? Are you just going to stop dressing up and going out with Alice?”

     “It looks that way Sarah.” Alex said, as he took a sandwich out and then took a bite from it.

     “What if I helped you dress up Alex? Would you still do it then?” Sarah asked in a whisper, as she looked around to make sure they were not overheard.

     “Why would you want to help me do that Sarah?” Alex asked with a puzzled look.

     “I think it’s sort of cool that you can become a girl, and I’d like to spend some time getting to know Alexis a little better.” Sarah said in a shy voice. “Do you think I’m weird Alex?”

     “Most people would think you weird for wanting to spend time with me in the first place.” Alex smiled.

     “Does that mean you’ll do it then Alex?”

     “I’ll think about it Sarah.” Was all Alex would say.

     “You’ll be able to go out to the local malls, as everyone will just think its Alice out with me.” Sarah said, as she tried to convince Alex he’d get away with it if he decided to give it a go.

    Alex just smiled, and offered Sarah a sandwich, as he sat watching the other kids running around making the most of the lunchtime break between classes. They sat there together until the bell went for the end of lunchtime, then they got up and returned to their homeroom to take afternoon registration.

    Alice was looking for Alex, when she saw Sarah walking down the hallway towards her. She was hoping to see Alex walking with her, but Sarah was on her own.

     “Have you seen Alex? I wanted to thank him for what he did.” Alice said when Sarah got to where she was stood.

     “He said he wanted to give you some space Alice. He was hurt with what you said to him yesterday, and how you treated him.” Sarah said with a sad look, as she helped Alice head into their classroom.

     “I just wanted to tell him I was sorry for what I said Sarah.” Alice whispered. “After everything I said to him, he still helped me sort it all out.” Alice smiled, as she thought how amazing Alex was.

    Alice looked for Alex a couple of time that afternoon, and then as she waited to get the bus home, but he wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Alice was doing her homework when she heard him get in from school. She looked up expecting him to poke his head around the door, but he just walked down to his own room and closed the door. Alice found it strange to see Alex’s door closed, he normally left it open so she could knock and walk in.

    Alex had closed his door and even locked it to stop Alice bothering him. He was still feeling hurt over what Alice had said the day before, but the biggest problem was he thought Alice was right. He did need to stop trying to help her.

    “From now on I’ll leave her to sort out her own problems.” Alex thought to himself as he got off his bed and made a start on his homework.

    Alice went down to start dinner, hoping that Alex would be down to help her soon, so she could say sorry and get back to normal. Alex only came down to lay the table after mum and dad got home, so she couldn’t say anything in front of them.

     “Thanks for cooking dinner kids.” Mum said at the end of it.

     “Thank Alice mum. I just set the table.” Alex said in a flat tone.

     “Well in that case Alex. You can do the dishes then.” Dad said as he got up from the table.

     “Yes sir.” Alex said as he got up from the table and started clearing it.

    Alice was just about to help him, but she was called to the living room by her dad, so she left the kitchen to see what her dad wanted her for.

     “Hi Daddy, what do you want me for?” Alice asked as she stood waiting for her dad to talk to her.

     “I got a call at work today from your school. They said some boys had been spreading rumours about you, and you were also being bullied into doing their homework for them. Is this true?” Her dad asked looking a little upset about it all.

     “Yes it is daddy, but they were caught on tape bragging about the lie they told, and also about cheating on their homework, so everything is all sorted out again now.” Alice said. She wanted to say that it was all thanks to Alex, but she knew it wouldn’t help the already strained relationship they now had.

    Alice stood and let her dad give her a speech about going to him or mum if she had any more problems, then he told her she was free to go up to her room. Alice went to enter the kitchen, but stopped when her dad repeated that she was free to go to her room or stay and watch some TV with him and mum. Alice opted for going to her room so she could have a talk with Alex when he got done doing the dishes. Alice was so tired from not sleeping the night before, that she had fallen asleep by the time Alex got done and returned to his room.

    Alex saw Alice’s bedroom door open, and was glad to see that she’d fallen asleep on her bed. He wasn’t in the mood for talking to her still, not that he had much to say. Alex loaded up a shoot them up game on his playstation and then spent a couple of hours killing everything in sight before going to bed.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 2.

Something tells me that the twins have more trouble ahead.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Expelled

doesn't rule out 'lying in wait'.

Susie

I hope Alice and Alex get

I hope Alice and Alex get things patched up soon, I think Alex is being a bit hard on her.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

There's quite a bit of you've got it all wrong going on here

... and that can lead to disaster. The bullying problem has gotten really bad in schools and out on the internet. Unless bullying gets treated seriously it will become an escalating issue.

Kim

Just a question about the story title

... as it seems slightly sci-fi or militaristic, so I wonder if there will be any of that coming into play down the road.

Kim

payback, but with a price?

he got them back for his sister, but you just know that's not going to be the end of it.

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Good story, but

Good story, but where is chapter 1?

Thanks Sammi.

Thanks Sammi