Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 4.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 4 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

Present Day

    The woman that Sarah had called Alice was snapped out of her daydreaming as she looked at the name on the headstone, when she heard her mobile start ringing. She looked at the number and let out a sigh. “What do they want me for now?” She said to herself.

    Hitting the answer call button, she spoke into the phone. “Alexis speaking, what’s the problem?”

     “Alice has just arrived in town, so I’d make a quick escape if I was you.” A female voice said on the other end of the line.

     “I thought she was taking a week off? She’d booked a hotel in Miami.” Alexis said to the woman on the other end of the phone.

     “What can I say, she changed her mind.” The woman replied. “Just get out of town and let her have a visit. No harm done Alexis.”

     “It might not be that simple Lana. I made contact with an old friend while I was here at my old grave.” Alexis pointed out the problem they could have if Alice went looking for Sarah.

     “The old man isn’t going to be happy if she works out you’re still alive Alexis.” Lana sighed on the other end of the phone. “Do you have any idea what she’d be doing back in town after all this time?” Lana asked.

     “None at all, not unless she’s planning to get some revenge on the ones that put me in prison.” Alexis shrugged. “I should have realised something was wrong with her when she wanted to go without you.” Alexis said with a sigh.

     “What’s that suppose to mean?” Lana asked. Lana had been the one charged with becoming Alice’s best friend when they thought they would lose her. Since then they did everything together when Alice wasn’t on a mission.

    The thought of that prison, Alex had died in made Alexis think back to how she first found herself talking to the old man, Lana was talking about.

    Alex had been laying in a pool of his own blood as his life started to fade, but as he came around, instead of finding himself stood in front of the pearly gates, or roasting in hell, Alex found himself in a white room with lots of machines bleeping. “Where am I?” Alex croaked out as he looked around and saw a man sat looking through some paperwork.

     “Good you’re finally awake.” The man said with a smile as he closed the folder and looked at Alex. “It was touch and go there for a couple of hours, but we brought you back from the edge.” The man added with a smile.

     “You shouldn’t have wasted your time.” Alex said as he let his head drop down on the bed again as he closed his eyes. “They’ll only try harder next time.

     “Alex Farrey is already dead. What you become is up to you, or we can simply finish the job and then put you in the ground where Alex is buried.” The man said in a matter of fact way.

     “I’m already dead?” Alex asked looking more willing to listen to what the man had to say now.

     “Yes, you see we had some big plans for you and your sister, but other parties had plans of their own, so we had to wait for things to happen before we could act.” The man said, trying not to say too much that would give him away.

     “You were waiting for someone to stab and nearly kill me?” Alex asked.

     “Sort of yes, we could see that you were heading down a path that would lead to your death, so we had one our men do it for us, but you forced his hand and the knife went a little deeper than we wanted it to. “ The man said with an apologetic look.

     “Who the hell are you anyway?” Alex finally asked the man.

     “You can call me uncle Bob.” The man said with a grin.

     “Nice to meet you uncle Bob.” Alex chuckled, but stopped when it hurt his stomach. “So I have to start working for you, or you put me in the grave that I already have?” Alex asked.

     “I was only joking when I said that.” Bob smiled. “We know that you and your sister never did anything that night, but you acted before we could do anything to help. Nice work by the way, saving your sister from being locked up.” Bob added with pride in his voice.

     “What’s this plan you have for my sister then? And where do I fit into it?” Alex asked.

     “How do you feel about becoming Alexis full time?” Bob asked.

     “You know about Alexis?” Alex asked, trying to sit up and making his stomach hurt again.

     “Yes we know all about her, and the times you went out shopping with your sister.” Bob said in a matter of fact way. “We were just keeping tabs on your sister, but then we saw her with a twin sister one day, so we started keeping an eye on the two of you. When we saw how far you were willing to go, to keep her safe. We thought you both suited for Project Guardian Angel.” Bob added.

     “What would I be doing as part of this project?” Alex asked.

     “You’d be Alice’s guardian. You’d be the one keeping her safe if things got hairy, shall we say.” Bob said sugar coating the real mission Alex would have.

     “Why would I have to be Alexis to do it?” Alex asked.

     “You would need to be Alice’s identical twin down to the last detail.” Bob said it very slowly to make sure Alex understood what he was trying to say.

     “You mean that I’d have to become a girl? Sex change and everything?” Alex asked looking worried.

     “Yes, you will be the identical copy of your sister. If she gets a tattoo, you get a tattoo, if she shaved her head; well you get the idea, right?” Bob asked.

     “Does Alice know I’m still alive?” Alex asked.

     “No, she’s in a pretty bad way at the moment. She was called by Sarah Briton and told about your death, and she left home and is now trying to find work so she can put herself through college. We have people in place, and plan to have her placed with a friend she can learn to trust.” Bob smiled. He could see the worry on Alex’s face and wanted to let him know that she was being well looked after.

     “I’ll do whatever you need me to do, but for the time being, I don’t want Alice to know that I’m still alive.” Alex said just before he closed his eyes due to the pain in his stomach.

     “We’ll do whatever you want Alex, but she will find out one day, and the longer you leave it; the more it will upset her to know you have been watching over her still.” Bob warned.

     “I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it, but for now, she’s kept in the dark.” Alex said with warning in his voice. “And the name is Alexis from now on.” Alex said using the voice that made him sound like Alice.

     “As you wish Alexis.” Bob chuckled. “We’ll get the surgery out the way first, then get you set up on combat and self defence training once you’ve healed.” Bob said as he got up to leave the room.

    Just as Bob was leaving the room Alexis called him back, still using the female voice. “Thanks for looking after my sister for me.” Alexis smiled just before closing her eyes and getting some more rest.

    Over the next year Alexis went through all the surgery’s to make him into her and by the end of the year she was the spitting image of Alice. There were camera’s in the flat so Alexis could practice being just like her sister and even some of the students at college had little cameras on them, so Alexis could see how she coped around people.

    It was hard for Alexis to be so close to her sister, but still not have the courage to meet her and let her know she was still alive. Alice still had no idea that she was being trained as a spy, she was building a background for the two of them to use later on in life when they went undercover. Alice as the brains, and Alexis the muscle, so to speak.

    Alexis had even managed to get Bill and Ted jobs on the project after Ted had managed to hack the feed he’d found them using to piggy back on the school camera system. Alexis was worried that the old man was going to make them disappear.

     “We don’t do stuff like that here Alexis.” Bob had argued when she found out her two friends from school were being held. “We’re not the CIA!” Bob added with a chuckle.

    Alexis could still remember the look on both their faces when she walked into the room they were being held in. They both thought that Alexis was Alice.

     “I’m sorry to hear about your brother dudette.” Bill said making up his own female version of dude.

    Ted just stood with his mouth open as he took in the black leather cat suit Alexis was wearing, and how it showed off the curves of her body so well. “You look really good Alice.” Ted finally said when he realised that she was stood with a hand on her hip looking right back at him.

     “Alice does look good, but I’m Alexis.” She smiled as she saw the puzzled looks turn to ones of shock as their brains caught up to what Alexis had just said.

    Alexis sat the two of them down and explained what Project Guardian Angel was, and then she told them what they would be doing if they wanted in. It took them all of two seconds to say yes, and then she gave them a tour of the compound. Bill and Ted fell in love with the computer room when they saw it. Alexis wondered if Bob had set up a couple of tests for the two of them because just after they entered the room, a problem popped up and Bill and Ted were quick to offer their help. Bob was impressed with how good they were, and had never looked back since.

    Bob had some hi-tech light weight body armour designed for Alexis to wear when out in the field, and Bill and Ted designed some special glasses for her so Alice wouldn’t be able to see who she really was. They all thought it would freak Alice out to see an identical twin turn up to save her when she got in trouble. Ted had been working on a device for altering peoples voices, and he gave one to Alexis so her voice sounded sexier when she had to talk to Alice while making a getaway. Alexis was also the one that went in if they expected a trap, due to her training and ability to get out of tough spots by thinking on her feet.

     “Do you realise that you’ve become racer X from that old cartoon.” Ted had said one evening why they were sat watching a movie in the computer room.

    Alexis remembered the cartoon and thought that Ted had a point. She was pretending to be dead, while helping her sister keep the country safe from danger.

     “You could also say it’s like that knight rider TV show as well, and she’s the car.” Bill chuckled as he pointed at Alexis.

     “Thanks, I’m nothing more than a talking car.” Alexis said with mock hurt in her voice, just before she started giggling.

     “You’re a lot more than just a talking car dudette.” Bill said as he looked her up and down.

     “Don’t you dare start eyeing me up and down like that man. You know I don’t like that.” Alexis said feeling a little weird being appraised by one of her old friends.

    Bill and Ted both knew that Alexis didn’t date men, but she had been out with a couple of women, but never got further than a one night stand. They both wondered if she was still in love with Sarah.

    Alexis found it hard when Alice was first brought to the compound for a briefing on their first mission. Alexis was stood right next to Alice, but she was all suited up in her uniform and her head and face were covered ready for the mission. Alexis just wanted to hug her sister, but knew that would blow all the cover-up stuff they had worked so hard to put in place.

    Bob walked into the room and smiled when he saw Alice sat behind a desk, and Alexis was stood off to one side, looking truly evil in all her body armour that looked like a leather cat suit, but was stab and bullet proof, just as long as it wasn’t armour piercing bullets being used.

     “I trust you’ve all got to know each other then?” Bob asked as he looked at Alice, Alexis, Lana, Bill and Ted.

     “I get the feeling you all know each other, but Lana and I don’t know anything about any of you.” Alice said as she looked at the others, but spent some extra time looking at the woman dressed all in black with her face hidden behind a mask and black mirrored goggles. “Why can’t I see your face?” Alice asked.

     “I’m just a little shy honey.” Alexis said, but it had a southern slur to it as it came out. Alexis loved all these toy’s she got to play with.

     “I hope you’re not shy when I need you to come in and back me up?” Alice said, not happy with the way this woman acted around her.

     “Don’t you worry your pretty little head sugar. When you get in trouble, I’ll be there to get you out of it.” Alexis said with a grin, but Alice couldn’t see that.

    Bob stepped in before Alice could get wound up anymore by Alexis. He gave them a briefing on the target Alice would be going after and she left to start her new job. All Alice needed to do was find out who the company was selling its chemicals to under the counter. Alice got the info they needed, but she was made when she tripped a silent alarm while coming out of the records room. Alice had tried talking her way out of it, but it hadn’t worked.

     “Where’s a guardian angel when you want one.” Alice had said. This was her code word for being in trouble, and for Alexis to go in and rescue her.

    Alice had four men in the room with her, and another four waiting in the next room. Two of the men ran out the room to see what all the noise was when they heard gunfire. Alice turned her head just in time to see the woman that they had just called Guardian, taking down the two men that had just left the room. A second later she was in the room with her, making short work of the last two.

     “I said I’d save you sugar when you needed me.” Alexis said in the same southern slur.

     “I’m sorry I ever doubted you.” Alice said as she was untied and helped out of the building and loaded into a black sports car.

    Alexis put the car in gear and wheel spun out the car park and off down the road, hitting green lights all the way. Thanks to some help from Bill and Ted.

     “Thank you.” Alice said to the woman driving the car like a thing possessed. Will I ever get to see what you look like?” Alice asked, trying to make up for how rude she’d been at the briefing.

     “Trust me sugar, you’re not missing anything.” Alexis said, thinking she wasn’t really lying. She looked just the same as her twin sister, who just happened to be the one asking the question.

    They had worked together now for three years and Alice still had no idea that her partner was also her twin brother, who was now her identical twin sister down to the smallest detail. Even the little butterfly Alice had on her left butt cheek, which she’d gotten after getting drunk with her roommate.

    Alexis always wondered if Bob had something to do with her getting the tattoo just to let Alexis know that he was in control, or one of the others just made a silly bet to see if she’d also have to get the tattoo done if Alice did.

     Alexis had walked back to her car while she remembered how she came to be back in her old town. Alexis had just wanted to leave some flowers on his old grave and let Sarah know that someone still thought about Alex apart from her. The last thing she’d expected was to find Sarah stood at the grave, and then to come back and find her stood there.

    If Alice bumped into Sarah and started talking to each other, it wasn’t going to take much for Sarah to say she’d already seen Alice up at the grave yard. Alexis also knew that working that out would lead to a lot of trouble all round.

    Alexis answered her phone when it started ringing again. “Talk to me Ted. You got any idea what Alice is doing back here after all this time?”

     “I’ve just hacked into her personal computer, and I think she’s looking to get some revenge on the ones she blames for your death Alexis.” Ted said.

    Alexis knew it was bad when Ted used her name. “That’s going to be a problem, seeing as they are all doing time for other things.” Alexis said.

    Bob had already made sure they all served some time for their part in setting Alice up, and then running down Damon and putting the guy in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. Alex had never liked the guy, but no one deserved a life sentence like that.

    Tiffany and Matt were both arrested and sentenced for drug trafficking with intent to supply and sell. They were both doing long prison time, and not loving every minute of it.

    Damon had a good paying job working at a garage, and Paul worked with him. Both of them had become half descent guys after Damon was put in the wheel chair. Paul had shown himself to be a true friend and never walked away. Bob had got them both the jobs they now had.

    Alexis let out a groan when she heard Bob come on the phone after she finished talking to Ted. “You need to do some damage control Alexis. As soon as Alice finds out about Tiffany and Matt being in prison, she’s smart enough that she’ll soon work out I had something to do with it all, and you know where that will lead her.” Bob warned.

     “I know Bob.” Alexis sighed. “Maybe it’s time to remove the mask and let Alice know who I really am.” She added as she sat in her car and put her head back with her eyes closed.

     “I think it’s about time you did Alexis. I’d be amazed if you could even remember the reason for keeping it from her this long.” Bob agreed

     “Do you know if she’s coming here to the cemetery first?” Alexis asked as she pulled herself together again.

    Alexis had been shot at, stabbed and even come close to being blown up a couple of times, but she was more scared about facing her sister than any of that.

     “Bill has her phone saying she’s at the grave now.” Bob told her.

     “Wish me luck old man.” Alexis said with worry in her voice.

     “If you needed luck, you’d have been dead a couple of years back. Just tell her how much she means to you, and let her see what you had done to help keep her safe.” Bob chuckled on the other end of the phone. “Bill, Ted, if I ever find out you recorded any of what I just said, or I hear it in part or in whole. I will do things to you that not even Hollywood would want to make movies about because it would be too scary.” Bob added.

     “I’ll call you later when I’ve spoken with her.” Alexis said just before ending the call.

    Alexis got out the car and then went to the trunk and sorted out her uniform to put on. She was already wearing the cat suit, so she just needed to add the device to change her voice and then her mask and goggles. Alexis had worn a long coat over the cat suit, so Sarah could only see the black boots she wore and what would have looked like leather trousers if she saw any higher. She left adding the two way ear wig, as she didn’t want to have Bill and Ted listen in why she spoke with her sister.

    Once she was all armoured up and ready for combat, Alexis left the car and made her way back up to Alex’s grave to see her sister. It had finally stopped raining so Alexis could see Alice stood over the grave and she could also see her sister’s shoulders going up and down. Alexis knew she was sobbing.

    Alice looked down at the grave of her dead brother and started to sob when she read the one lonely line of text on it.

Here lies Alex Farrey
Born 1987
Died 2003.

     “I’m sorry Alex. Your life was so much more than one line on a head stone.” Alice said as she fell to her knees and rested her head on the grave stone sobbing even more.

     “I’ve come back to set things right bro, I’m going to kill Tiffany and Matt for what they did.” Alice said looking angry now, but she soon spun her head round when she heard someone speak to her.

     “We don’t kill them sugar, we just teach them right from wrong.” Alexis said in her southern slur as she came and knelt down next to Alice.

     “What you doing here? Keeping an eye on me?” Alice asked as she went back to looking at the grave stone.

     “Well I am your guardian, and you are my Angel.” Alexis said as she put a hand on Alice’s back and rubbed it.

     “I killed him you know.” Alice said as she pointed at the grave stone. He gave his life to keep me safe. He told a friend that his life wasn’t worth as much as mine, so he just threw it away to save me.” Alice added as she started sobbing again.

     “Do you think he was wrong to give his life to save yours?” Alexis asked still using the voice masking device.

     “No, yes, I don’t know how to answer that question.” Alice said as she banged her fist down on the grave stone. “It hurts still, even now after all this time. I just wish I could tell him how much I love him, and how I just want my twin sister back.” Alice sobbed.

     “I never knew you felt like that sugar.” Alexis said as she pulled Alice in closer for a hug.

    Alice found it strange that this woman that had never shown any sign of affection for her, was now hugging her while she sobbed her heart out over her dead brother.

     “What would you do if you could say anything to your brother?” Alexis asked as she hugged her sister.

     “I’d ask him to forgive me for ever telling him I didn’t need his help. You’re proof that I need saving on a daily basis.” Alice giggled as she wiped her eyes.

     “I thought you’d be mad if he just suddenly popped out now and said he was still alive sugar.” Alexis said trying to find out just what sort of reaction she would get when she removed the mask.

     “I’d be too freaked out to be mad with him, but it’s a silly thing to talk about anyway.” Alice said as she shook her head to clear the cobwebs away. “You never answered my question by the way. Were you following me?” Alice asked.

     “No sugar, I was already here in town.” Alexis said with a grin, not that Alice saw it looking into the black mask she wore.

    Before Alice could ask another question, Alexis reached around to the back of her head mask and removed it to reveal her true face. “I Can’t forgive you sis, I never blamed you in the first place.” Alexis said with a smile as she looked at the shocked look on her sister’s face.

     “Alex, is that really you?” Alice asked as she lifted her hand up to her sister’s face.

     “Not Alex anymore sis. I’m Alexis now, and have been for some time.” Alexis said as she tapped the body armour covering her breasts.

     “Alexis? You mean that you’re not a boy anymore?” Alice asked as her head started spinning with questions, but one came to the front of her mind right away. “You’ve been my guardian all this time, and you never told me?” Alice started sobbing as she threw her arms around Alexis’s neck.

     “Yes sis, I’ve been looking out for you all this time. I’m sorry for not telling you sooner, but I thought you were doing fine thinking I was dead, so I just kept protecting you and...” Alexis was sobbing now as well.

    Both sisters thought it pointless to be sat at the grave now, so they got up and walked back to where Alexis had parked her car. Alexis took off all her body armour and then put it back in the trunk of the car before lowering the zip on her cat suit a little so Alice could see some cleavage.

     “I still can’t believe you’re really here sis.” Alice said as she kept poking Alexis to make sure she wasn’t just having a mental breakdown. “Will you let me see you naked, so I can see if you really are all female?” Alice asked looking a little sheepish.

     “Sure, but you won’t see anything you haven’t got, trust me.” Alexis said with a raised eyebrow. “And I do me anything.” She added with a grin.

     “You mean they made you an exact copy of me down to the last detail?” Alice asked looking worried now.

     “Yep, even down to the cute little butterfly on your left butt cheek.” Alexis grinned.

     “I got drunk one night and woke up with that on my bottom. Sorry about that.” Alice said with a wince, but the grin she let spread across her face said she was anything but sorry.

     “Yes I can see you’re just full of remorse for doing that.” Alexis giggled as she started the car and headed out of town before anyone saw the two of them together.

     “Do you think I’ll ever get to hear what happened to you after the police took you away?” Alice asked as she kept looking at her sister, who looked the spitting image of herself.

     “Yes, one day, but not right now. I’m sure you have other stuff to talk about.” Alexis said with a big smile.

     “I thought I would, but I’m still in shock that you’re still alive, and looking so good to go with it.” Alice said as she waved her hand up and down Alexis’s body.

     “I spoke with Sarah while I was up at the grave.” Alexis said, as she tried to move the talk away from all the changes she’d had done to her body.

     “You did, how was she?” Alice asked.

     “Bitter and angry, very angry still.” Alexis said with a frown. “She thought I was you, and told me to stop and spend some time talking to my dead self.” She added with a giggle.

     “You still love her don’t you sis?” Alice asked, but already seeing the answer in her sister’s eyes.

     “It doesn’t matter how I feel Alice. I’m not a boy anymore, and what sort of a life could she have with me?” Alexis asked as she put her foot down to make the car go even faster than they already were.

     “Why don’t you let her be the one to make that call?” Alice asked.

     “Okay then, let’s just turn the car around and go back to town so I can go up to Sarah and say, Hi Sarah, I’m your dead boyfriend who is now a girl and a twin for my sister, who I go on dangerous missions with to keep people like you safe from the bad guys that keep trying to kill everyone.” Alexis said with sarcasm.

     “You could do it that way, or you could just try asking her out to dinner and catch up on old times.” Alice said with a shrug.

     “And what would you be doing why I’m out on this dinner date?” Alexis asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “I’m sure I’ll find something to do that will keep me out the way.” Alice said, but she already knew what she wanted to do. What she came back to this town for in the first place.

     “If you’re still set on killing Tiffany and Matt, you had a wasted trip.” Alexis said with a smile. “They are both doing hard time in prison.” Alexis added with a grin this time.

     “How did you manage that?” Alice asked looking shocked at the news.

     “They were both found to be running drugs with intent to sell.” Alexis said looking shocked, just before she started giggling. “What was your big plan anyway?” Alexis asked.

     “No big plan, but shoot them and then wait to be taken away by the police.” Alice said in a matter of fact way, like it was no big deal.

     “Do you think the old man would have been happy to see you do that, or Lana for that matter?” Alexis saw Alice wince when she said Lana’s name. Alexis knew that Alice and Lana were more than just good friends and flatmates. Lana had been the friend Bob spoke of who had got Alice back on track to join the project. “Trust me when I say the two of them are paying for what they did.” Alexis added with anger in her voice.

    Alice found it strange to hear someone else using her voice, and sounding so angry using it “I really did have a wasted trip then.” Alice sighed as she looked out the window.

     “I wouldn’t call it a wasted trip sis.” Alexis smiled at her.

     “True. I did find you again, even if you were never really lost in the first place.” Alice giggled back. “So you going to turn this thing around and head back to see how Sarah’s holding up, or what?” Alice asked with a grin.

    Alexis yanked on the hand break as she spun the wheel. Alice had seen her do this a hundred times before, even if she didn’t realise it was her sister doing it. They were soon heading back into town so Alexis could go and talk to Sarah.

    Alice hit a button on the dash and the car called command. Lana answered the call. “Hi team, is everything okay?” Lana asked sounding worried.

     “Everything is just perfect Lana, but Bob has some explaining to do when we get back.” Alice said in an icy voice.

     “He’s looking forward to it Alice.” Lana said, not sounding truthful at all. “Do you need anything else?” Lana asked, hoping to change the subject.

     “Yes, can you pull up all the details you have for a Sarah Briton from our home town?” Alice asked.

     “Sure just give me a couple of seconds and I’ll have it loaded to your phone.” Lana said as she tapped away on the computer. “Sending info now Alice, you should be getting it any minute.” Lana added.

     “Got it Lana thanks, Alexis and I will see you in a couple of days.” Alice said just before she ended the call.

     “Why a couple of days?” Alexis asked with a puzzled look.

     “We’ve got seven years to catch up on, and you’ve got a date with Sarah to work in to all that.” Alice said with a grin.

    Alexis pulled into a motel and then let Alice go and get them a room while she waited in the car, so no one saw them both together for too long. Alice got back in the car and said where their room was and Alexis drove around and parked just outside the room. They both entered the room and then sat on the beds facing each other.

     “Well, take that damn catsuit off and let me take a proper look at my sister.” Alice said as she indicated for Alexis to get up and strip off.

    Alexis rolled her eyes as she stood up and pulled the zip down on her cat suit before she slipped her arms out of it and then pushed it down to sit on her knee high boots. Alexis was only wearing a bra and panties underneath, but Alice wanted to see all the changes Alexis had had done, so she was soon waving for her to take the rest off. Alexis felt silly stripping down to nothing in front of her sister, but it didn’t look like Alice would be happy until she’d seen what Alexis looked like naked.

     “Wow, you really do look just like me.” Alice said as she stood up and walked around her sister, taking in how they even had the same tattoo on their bottom.

     “I have to so I can double for you on missions.” Alexis pointed out. “Can I get dressed again now?” Alexis asked.

     “Sure, sure. You look amazing sis, but I still can’t believe you’re really here with me.” Alice started crying again as she threw her arms around Alexis, knocking them both onto the bed behind them.

    Alexis turned onto her side and just lay there hugging Alice as she sobbed. Alice wasn’t in any rush to break the hug, and Alexis wasn’t going to ask her to either. Alice finally fell asleep and Alexis slipped off the bed and got dressed again, then she just sat and watched her sister sleep.

    Alice woke some time later looking scared until she saw her sister sat over near the window looking out over the car park and then looking back at Alice in a protective way. Alice had seen her do this for three years, but until now never knew it was her sister doing it.

     “You okay sis?” Alexis asked as she walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

     “I am now I’ve seen you’re really here with me. I woke and thought it might have been another dream, but you’re really here with me again.” Alice said as she sat up and hugged her sister again.

    Alexis wasn’t use to all this touching, she’d got so use to keeping her distance from everyone that this felt a little weird, but nice at the same time.

     “I’d call it a nightmare if I was in it.” Alexis giggled as she broke the hug.

     “Something’s never change do they? Always putting yourself down.” Alice said as she rolled her eyes.

     “I’ll pop out and grab us some food, then we can sort out how I will approach the target.” Alexis said as she put her coat on ready to leave the room.

     “You’re talking about Sarah, not some bad guy we need to take down.” Alice said with a frown. “You sort out food, and I’ll work on a plan for you to go and see Sarah.” Alice added as she pointed at the door.

     “Sure thing sugar.” Alexis said with a grin, but it didn’t sound the same when she wasn’t using the voice masking device. Alice just giggled as she threw a pillow at Alexis as she left the room. “I can see why I’m the guardian now.” Alexis giggled as she closed the door. Joking about Alice’s bad aiming with the pillow

    Alice sat on the bed feeling happier than she had since she last had Alex in her life. Now the shock was wearing off, she was feeling a little angry, but it was over shadowed by the joy she felt over her sister still being alive. Alice was still sat on the bed grinning twenty minutes later when Alexis came back into the room with a bag full of food for the two of them.

    They had a form of slumber party. They ate junk food while Alexis told Alice about what happened to her in prison and then being stabbed. Alice cried again, but Alexis was glad to have it all out in the open. They could both move on and heal now. They ended up sharing the one bed when they finally got tired and lay down to rest. Alice didn’t want to sleep alone just in case she was dreaming and Alexis would be gone when she woke up in the morning.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Speed Racer

That cartoon was one of my favorites back when I was young. Along with Jonny Quest. Back before political correctness totally ruined saturday morning cartoons and totally emasculated G.I. Joes.

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 4.

So many questions to answer. Waiting for more.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

wow

wow Sarah, this is a story that i can really get into ,this chapter sets the storyline up well into the future ,sounds like there will be lots of action.

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Hmmm, could you clarify a bit hon

So what makes them so special that they have gone through this entire tortured exercise to get them to both be spies? They have both gone through hell, I for one would be gnormously pissed if I were those two.

Kim

Point is

There has to be, to my mind, an overriding need to go through all this subterfuge, to risk Alex's life in staging a stunt he had no idea is a stunt to whisk him away.

This point imho is what will make or break the rest of the story.

Kim

I just don't have an answer for you.

I'm Sorry Kimmie, but I did see your first comment, or question as it was. I wish I had an answer to give you, but I don't fully understand how to answer it for you, not without giving the whole story line away.

I am beginning to think that my story is more a break than make sort of thing though. I'm not sure I ever should have wrote it now as you're not the first to shoot me down over the idea I had.

It's hard for me to see your point Kimmie bacause I thought the story idea was a cool one in my own mind, but it doesn't look to be that way once down on computer. looks like you've found a really big hole in the plot idea. I'm sorry for wasting your time and everybody elses time with this one. I was just looking to write something a little different from 'You Have It All Wrong' But with all the trouble I've had with book one of Project Guardian, I won't be working on a book two for it.

SamanthaK has the rest of this story already and will finsih posting it for me. I'm just sorry I couldn't deliver with this one.

Regards

SaraUK

Glad to see Alexis coming

Glad to see Alexis coming clean to Alice, it was a bit naughty to have allowed Alice to think her brother/sister was dead all these years but I guess Alexis thought she was protecting Alice.

Looking forward to more.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p