Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 8.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 8 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Sarah woke the next morning not quite sure where she was, but then she looked over and saw Alexis sleeping in the bed next to her, she leaned over and started kissing her good morning. Sarah soon stopped again though when Alexis started to giggle instead of kissing her back.

     “I was trying to be romantic Alexis, and you just spoiled it by giggling! What’s so funny anyway?” Sarah asked as she slid her head back on to the other pillow and scowled at Alexis, waiting for an answer.

     “I’m sure Alexis would have found it very romantic Sarah, but I’m Alice.” She giggled some more as she saw Sarah’s face turn bright red.

     “Where did Alexis go then?” Sarah asked as she sat up and looked around the room.

     “She got up some time ago and left the room. I think I heard her doing something in the living room not too long ago though, if you want to go and see.” Alice said as she rolled over and pulled the covers back up over her head. It didn’t look like Alice was ready to get out of bed yet.

    Sarah got out of bed and just wandered off into the living room in just her T-shirt and panties. Alexis was doing some sort of work out when Sarah found her. “Morning Alexis. You were up early. I hope I didn’t wake you?” Sarah asked.

     “Morning Sarah. No you didn’t wake me, I’m always up early. I like to have a run in the gym and then take a swim before Alice gets to work.” Alexis said with a smile as she grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat from her face and shoulders. “Old habits die hard I guess.” She giggled as she walked over to give Sarah a kiss.

     “You have a swimming pool in this place?” Sarah asked with a grin, she use to love swimming, but hadn’t done any in some time.

     “Yes we have two pools. One is just for swimming lengths in, and the other is what we use for dive training. That’s a much deeper pool and almost four times the size of the one I swim in.” Alexis said with a grin. “Would you like to join me for a swim now?”

     “I’d love to, but I don’t have a swim suit.” Sarah said in a disheartened tone as she realised that fact.

     “Use one of mine; I’ve got plenty of them to choose from.” Alexis said as she led Sarah back into her bedroom and then into another room that had wall after wall of clothes and shoes in it. Alexis walked over to a rack full of swimming costumes and let Sarah pick one.

    Once they were both wearing their swim suits, Alexis handed Sarah a bathrobe to put on and then she did the same before they left and made their way down to the swimming pool. Sarah looked worried about being caught wearing nothing but a swim suit and a bathrobe, but they never saw another person their entire trip down to the pool area.

    Sarah could see what Alexis meant about the other pool being used for diving practice, it was the biggest pool she’d ever seen, and there were racks of diving gear laid out all around it. The pool that Alexis led Sarah over to was still big, but nothing like the other one. Sarah watched Alexis slip off her bathrobe and then she dived into the pool and started swimming laps. Sarah remembered that Alex use to be on the swim team, and he was pretty good, but Alexis was in a whole different league now as Sarah watched her gracefully swim up and down the pool.

     “Are you coming in, or are you just going to stand there looking pretty watching me?” Alexis asked as she came to a stop after her second trip up and down the pool.

     “I’m coming in; sorry I was just blown away by how graceful you are when you swim.” Sarah said as she slipped off her bathrobe and then dove into the water and came up already swimming up the pool.

    Alexis pushed off from the edge and was soon chasing her up the pool. Then she kept pace with Sarah, as she pushed her to do faster and faster laps. By the time Sarah stopped, they had lost count of how many laps they’d done, but Sarah felt more alive than she had in years. Swimming became a daily thing for the two girls after that day, and they even got Alice to join them as well.

    Alice was sat up in bed when they got back to the apartment. Alexis and Sarah took a quick shower together, but nothing happened, due to them both being really hungry. They both walked back into the bedroom and then set about drying themselves and getting dressed.

     “Do you mind if I borrow some of your clothes Alexis? My bags are still in the trunk of your car.” Sarah said as she stood with a towel wrapped around her.

     “Sure, help yourself.” Alexis said as she led Sarah back into the same room they had got the swim suits from earlier. They were soon dressed in jeans and t-shirts, and heading back into the living room/kitchen to sort out some breakfast for them all.

    Sarah let Alexis sort out some scrambled egg on toast for them all while she made a pot of coffee for them. Alice wandered out wearing pretty much the same thing Alexis had on, but she was wearing a yellow t-shirt, where as Alexis was wearing a pale blue one. Sarah’s t-shirt was pink.

     “What will we be doing today then?” Sarah asked why they sat eating their breakfast.

     “I thought we’d get your bags out the car, and then I’ll show you around the command centre, and finally let you meet the rest of the team.” Alexis told her.

     “How many are there in this team?” Sarah asked just before putting another fork full of food in her mouth.

     “There’s me. Alice, Bob and then three more full time members to the team. Then we have a rotating number of staff that come and go, but they don’t know the full scale of what we do, or that Alice and I are twins.” Alexis answered. She didn’t want to let Sarah know that Bill and Ted were part of the team yet, she was going to let it be another surprise when Sarah saw them.

    Sarah knew Bill and Ted from the trouble that had kicked off at school, and led to Alex being arrested. “Bill and Ted had spent a lot of time getting into trouble as they tried to clear Alex’s name without getting Alice in trouble, but in the end they had got themselves caught by Bob. That was over a year after Alex had died in prison. Alexis felt a bond with the two of them because even though they thought Alex was dead and buried, they still kept trying to point the blame at Matt and Tiffany for all of it. They did play a large part in Matt and Tiffany getting caught with drugs, and a computer disk with a list of people they were dealing drugs to.

    Once they had finished breakfast and Sarah and Alice had done the cleaning up, they all took the lift up to the car to get Sarah’s bags, and the bags Alice and Alexis had taken with them. They dropped them all off at Alexis’s apartment before they gave Sarah a tour of the place. Sarah was impressed with the size of the place, and all the cool looking stuff they had. Sarah’s mouth fell open when she was led into a large room full of computers that looked like they belonged on the Star Ship Enterprise, but the reason for her mouth dropping open was the two guys sat arguing over some piece of computer code.

     “Bill, Ted! Is that really you?!” Sarah shouted as she looked at the two of them.

     “Hey dudette, welcome to our secret club house.” Bill said as he waved his hands around the room. “Wow, I’m seeing double dude.” Bill added as he looked at Alice and Alexis stood side by side.

     “Wow, G and Alice face to face again.” Ted grinned. “Hey Sarah, nice to see you again.” He added with a smile.

    Everyone had taken to calling Alexis G because they couldn’t call her Alexis around Alice, and they all thought Guardian was a mouth full, so Bill and Ted started calling her G, and it stuck.

     “I thought you guys were working for some big computer company abroad someplace?” Sarah asked as she walked over and gave them both a hug.

     “You all know each other?” Alice asked, not realising that Bill and Ted had gone to the same school as her. They were never in the same classes, and Alex avoided spending time with them where people could see, because he didn’t want to paint a target on their backs if people worked out they were helping him keep some of the other kids safe from the trouble makers.

     “Yes, they went to school with us Alice.” Sarah said, like Alice should have known that already. “I didn’t meet them until I got a phone call telling me to find Alex and then go to where they had their secret hideout though” Sarah said, as she remembered the day that changed all their life’s.

    Before Alice could launch into another shouting session with Bill and Ted about keeping her in the dark about who G really was, Bob and Lana walked into the room. Lana started grinning when she saw Alice and Alexis side by side. She’d been friends to both of the girls for the past seven years, and she was also the person that had helped to get Alice’s life back on track, then she’d been Alice’s roommate while at College. They still shared an apartment together just down the road from the airport where they were based.

     “Sarah, I’d like you to meet Lana, she’s my friend and joined the project when I did, that’s what I thought.” Alice frowned as she made eye contact with Lana.

     “I’m sorry I lied to you Alice, but what started out as a job, quickly turned into a true friendship.” Lana pleaded as she ran over to beg Alice to forgive her.

    Alice could see the pleading in her eyes and knew after all this time, that Lana had become a true friend. “I forgive you, but I’m still a little pissed that you kept G’s identity a secret from me for three years.” Alice said looking a little hurt about it all.

     “You have no idea how many times I tried to talk Alexis into telling you the truth, but she just wouldn’t do it.” Lana pleaded with Alice. “If I knew sending the two of you back to where all the trouble started would finally make Alexis come clean, I would have done it a couple of years back.” Lana added with a giggle. “I’m sorry Sarah. It’s nice to finally meet you face to face.” Lana said as she held out her hand and smiled as Sarah shook it.

     “Hello Lana.” Sarah said looking a little shy now she was in the room with all the team members.

    Sarah liked Lana from the start and their friendship only grew stronger with each day they spent together. Sarah saw how great she was at just sitting down and talking to people, she would sit and take hours to help Sarah come to grips with the computer system. Sarah had tried to get Bill and Ted to help her, but they just didn’t speak the same language as her when it came to computers.

    Bob cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention before he started speaking. “Now that Alice and Alexis are aware of each other, we can start using the new disguise system that we’ve been working on.” Bob smiled.

     “I thought that was a couple of years away from being ready for use in the field?” Alexis asked with a puzzled look.

     “I just said that in the hopes that you’d finally let Alice know who you were. If I’d let you start using this new aquipment, you never would have told Alice who you were.” Bob pointed out.

    Alexis went to argue with Bob, but stopped when she realised that he was right, she would have used it as yet another reason to not let Alice know she was her sister. The disguise system Bob was talking about was a machine that made life like masks out of a product that looked like real flesh when it was done, and they could make someone look like someone else. The masks were able to be worn for up to fourteen hours before they started to degrade. The problem they’d had with the system was, firstly the masks could only be made to a head that had already been mapped and logged into the system. This was due to it needing exact markers so the mask looked and moved in the way the person’s head that had been copied would move. The second problem was the cost to make each mask wasn’t cheap, so Bob didn’t want to start using it all the time. He knew that Alexis would have wanted a mask to use around the command centre so she could ditch wearing the guardian mask when Alice was on the premises, which was the last thing Bob wanted to be wasting money on.

     “So you can make any one of us look like someone else?” Sarah asked, looking a little worried at just how easy they could frame someone for a crime if it was true.

     “No, not any of us, just Alexis or Alice.” Bob said. “The machine is set up to make masks to fit their face and head only. We’d have to build a new machine for each person who wanted a disguise.” Bob pointed out as he looked towards a machine in the corner of the room.

     “I see, so you get two for the price of one with Alice and Alexis because they both have the same face to start with.” Sarah said, finally getting the point Bob was making.

     “You got it kiddo.” Bob chuckled. “This means we can send you in looking like different people now and lower the risk of you being recognised after a mission has been completed.” Bob added with a look of relief.

     “Tell them about the other thing they can do now as well.” Lana said as she poked Bob in the side.

     “What other thing?” Alice asked, still trying to get her head wrapped around being able to change the way her face looked.

     “You and Alexis will be able to go out and spend time together in the real world and not risk being spotted as identical twins.” Bob frowned as he looked at Lana like she should have kept her mouth shut.

     “We could all go shopping and do other fun stuff together now you’ll be able to wear one of these disguises Alexis.” Sarah said grinning. She’d been worried about them all going out and doing stuff together because of Alice and Alexis looked a little to identical, not even identical twins looked this much alike.

     “Alice will be wearing the disguise.” Bob and Alexis said at the same time. This was the main reason for the development of the machine in the first place. It was so Alice would have an extra escape option if she ever got trapped in a building and needed a way to get out without being spotted.

    Alexis realised she’d have to explain the reason to Sarah when she saw the puzzled look she had. “I’ve been trained to take care of myself, so it’s only right to make Alice look different, so she won’t be a target while we’re out doing fun stuff as you put it.” She smiled.

     “Do you expect to have trouble while we’re out there?” Sarah asked with worry in her voice.

     “No, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared in this game. You never know when you might bump into someone you’ve upset.” Alexis said, trying to choose her words so as not to worry Sarah anymore than she already was.

     “Have you upset many people?” Sarah asked, but knew the answer was yes before Alexis said a word. Sarah saw the twitch of a smile at the corners of Alexis’s mouth, so she knew it was a yes.

     “Let’s just say there’s a couple of countries and states we won’t be going back to any time soon.” Alexis said with a grin.

     “I’m sure Alexis and the others will soon bring you up to speed on their past missions, but for now let’s go and test out this new machine and put Alice in a disguise.” Bob said to get them back on track.

    Bill and Ted rolled their chairs over to another set of computers and started typing away on the keyboards until a girls face came up on the screen. It wasn’t anyone any of them knew, just some random face caught on camera someplace.

     “Fire in the hold dude!” Bill shouted as he hit the enter key as he looked over at a machine with large stainless steel drums lined up across the back with pipes leading into what looked like a large metal box with sliding metal doors at the front with windows in them, so you could watch it work.

    They all walked over to the machine as it started whirring and clicking, then it fired into life and they all watched as the machine started making the face from the screen. Sarah thought it was like watching a printer print an image on paper, but this was a 3D image being printed on a clear glass looking copy of Alice or Alexis’s head and neck. It took just over twenty minutes for the machine to finish, but by the end of it they were all stood looking at a copy of the girl’s face on the computer screen.

    Bob slid the doors open and then pealed the mask off the mould and lay it in the palm of his hand to look at the face in more detail. It just hung over his hand like some persons face had been peeled off, but without all the blood that would have been there if it had been a real face. They all reached out to touch it, and thought it felt just like real flesh, it even felt warm to the touch like real flesh.

     “You ready to try this then Alice?” Bob asked as he handed the mask over to Alice.

     “Okay, but what do I need to do with it?” Alice asked as she held the mask in her hand and looked down at it.

     “You need to lay it in your hand with the inside facing you, then you spray all of the inside with this.” Lana said as she held up a small aerosol can that looked like a deodorant of some sort. “Then you just fit it to your face.” Lana added as she handed Alice the spray.

     “You have a little bit of time to get the mask in place before the glue starts to work.” Bob said when he saw the worried look Alice was giving them all, like she wasn’t going to be able to put it on right. “The warmth from your face is the thing that helps the glue set Alice, and you need to practice doing this. You won’t have help, while you’re out in the field.” Bob warned her.

    Alice took a couple of deep breaths and then sprayed the inside of the mask and put the aerosol down on a table before lifting the mask up to her face and seating it in the right spot. She used the glass door on the machine to make sure it looked alright; it did, so she turned to face the others. “Well, what do you think?” Alice’s voice asked from the strangers lips. Alice could feel the glue drying, as it started to pull the mask tighter to her face and make it feel like part of her. After a couple of minutes, Alice forgot she was even wearing the mask.

     “You look different sis.” Alexis smiled as she looked all around the mask trying to see any possible problems they could have when they used it out in the field, but it looked perfect and Alexis couldn’t see a seam or anything wrong with it. “How does it feel to wear?” Alexis asked.

     “It doesn’t feel like I’m wearing it anymore.” Alice said as she touched her face with her finger, and she felt it like it was her skin she was touching. “How do I get it off again?” Alice asked all of a sudden with some panic in her voice.

     “We just spray your face with this aerosol and the mask will loosen and you can just wash it down the sink.” Lana said as she held up a second aerosol can for Alice to see. “Do you want to see how it works?” Lana asked.

     “Not right now Lana, I think I’ll make the most of the new look and go out to the mall with my sister and two best friends.” Alice grinned as she looked at Sarah and Alexis to see if they were up for a shopping trip.

    Sarah. Alexis and Lana all started grinning, but Bob, Bill and Ted just let out a groan. Glad that they weren’t being asked. The four girls were soon running out of the room to go and get ready to leave the command centre, but they stopped when they heard Bob shouting Alice back.

     “If you’re planning on leaving the command centre Alice, you better let Ted fit you with a voice changer.” Bob said. “It’s going to get confusing with people hearing your voice coming from two different looking girl’s.” Bob added as he pointed between her and Alexis.

     “He does have a point sis.” Alexis said as she looked at a very different looking Alice. “I’d grab some contact lenses as well. The eye colour doesn’t suit the shape of that face.” Alexis added as she looked into Alice’s eyes staring out of this new face.

    Ted soon had Alice fitted with a voice device, and Bill had grabbed a set of contacts for her while Ted fine tuned the voice to suit the face Alice now had. The guys then watched the four girls run off giggling. They had never seen Alice and Alexis look so happy before, Bob just hoped they had a good time getting to know one another again.

*****

    The girl’s had all changed into dresses, so they could slip in and out of them easier while they were shopping, and they were now heading to the closest mall in Alexis’s mustang. Lana was sat in the back with Alice, while Sarah was in the front with Alexis behind the wheel.

    Sarah was looking forward to going shopping and not having to worry about the cost of anything, thanks to the large amount of money Bob had given her along with all the other forms of ID. She was going to have some fun for once, and just get to know Alexis, Alice and Lana.

    Alexis was soon parking her car and they made their way into the mall. The four girls were getting looks from most of the men, but that was nothing new. They spent a couple of hours wandering in and out of shops, not really looking to buy anything, just have some fun trying stuff on and laughing at each other. Then they decided to go and get some lunch at the food court.

    Lana and Sarah found a table for them, while Alice and Alexis went to get the food. By the time they got back to the table with the food, there were a couple of guys sat in the seats Lana was saving for Alice and Alexis.

     “I’ve already told you Doug, I’m shopping with my friends, so please go away so we can eat.” Lana said with some anger in her voice, like it wasn’t the first time she’d asked the two guys to leave her and Sarah alone.

     “I’m sure your friends won’t mind us joining you while you eat.” The one Alexis took to be Doug said as he made no effort to get up when she and Alice put the tray of food down on the table. Doug even had the nerve to try and take a couple of fries off one of the plates Alexis had just put down on the table. He soon dropped them again though, when he found his hand being gripped by Alexis in such a way that he couldn’t even move his hand or arm.

    Alexis leaned down to whisper in the man’s ear. “My friend asked you very nicely to fuck off, so unless you want me to ask you in my own very special way, then I suggest you do as she asked.” Alexis let go of the man’s hand so he could get up and leave.

     “Come on man, these chicks don’t know a good thing when they see it.” Doug said as he got up and pulled his friend up out his seat. His friend went to speak, but Doug slapped his hand over his mouth as he dragged him away.

     “Bye boys! Happy hunting!” Alexis shouted as she watched the two men almost run away from the food court.

     “We can’t take you anywhere can we?” Lana said with a grin.

     “I get sick of creeps like that thinking they can get any girl they want, just because they act all macho.” Alexis huffed as she sat down next to Sarah, while Alice sat down next to Lana.

     “Says the girl that loves to make the boys cry.” Lana giggled.

     “I didn’t make them cry.” Alexis said with a smirk. “I did think about it though.” She added with a grin.

    They started eating their food and just talked about some of the clothes they liked while shopping earlier in the day, but the conversation soon came back around to Alice and Alexis. “How did you get to know Alice then Lana?” Sarah asked.

    Lana looked a little worried about how to answer this question for some reason, but Alexis had a feeling that it wasn’t because she was worried about upsetting Alice. “I’d like to find out how you first met my sister. Bob would never tell me the details, you were already roommates by the time I was well enough to see any footage of her.” Alexis said as she looked at Lana.

     “You may as well tell them Lana, they will only find out sooner or later.” Alice said with a sigh. “I also think we’ve had enough secrets to last a lifetime already” she added with a smirk.

     “I was training to join the FBI when I was approached by Bob to work for him on a top secret project, so I jumped at the chance, as I was having trouble fitting in with the FBI due to me looking a little too young.” Lana said. She did look young Sarah thought as she sat across from her while they ate.

     “My job was to hang around close to Alice and keep an eye on her to make sure she was safe, but something happened that forced me to break my cover and reveal myself to her.” Lana said looking terrified about something.

     “What happened Lana?” Alexis asked, seeing the look in Lana’s eyes.

     “I’d been following Alice around most the day as she just went here and there. We’d ended up down in the subway waiting for a train when I saw her step up to the edge and look down like she’d finally made up her mind about something.” Lana had tightened her grip on her drink to the point the lid popped off and she spilt her cola all over the table.

     “What happened next?” Alexis asked in a calm voice as she watched Sarah start mopping up the spilt drink.

     “I was going to step out onto the tracks just as a train went past.” Alice said in a whisper. “I’d spent all day trying to think of different ways to kill myself, but couldn’t think of any that wouldn’t hurt too much. It wasn’t until I was stood looking down at the track in the subway that I finally made my mind up to just step out and let it all be over.” Alice added as she just looked down at her half eaten meal.

     “You tried to kill yourself after all I did to keep you safe?” Alexis asked trying to keep calm about the news she just heard.

     “Yes, and I would have too, but Lana pulled me back from the edge just before the train whizzed past.” Alice let a shudder run through her body as she thought back to that memory. “Lana took me back to her place and then made me sit and tell her what had brought me to the point of ending it all.” Alice was crying by this point and unable to say anymore.

     “Alice sat and told me everything that had happened. She told me about finding her best friend, sister and protector, and then how you’d given your life to save her. I asked what she thought you’d do if she could see her now, or then.” Lana said with a puzzled look. “I talked her into stopping the night, just so I could be sure she wasn’t going to try anything stupid again, and she just never left. Bob was mad with me to start with, but as time went on and Alice started to trust me more and more, we just became friends and have never looked back.” Lana smiled as she reached over and held Alice’s hand.

     “Thank you for helping my sister Lana. I had no idea just how close I came to losing her.” Alexis had a tear in her eye as she said it.

     “I’m glad I was there to help G, I mean Alexis.” Lana giggled; she was going to have trouble getting use to calling Alexis by her name now the secret was out. “I was proud to do my bit after Bob showed me what you’d gone through to become part of the project. And it was nice to become your friend as well, but I didn’t like keeping the secret from Alice. There were times when she needed to know you were still alive and I came close to telling her, but Bob wouldn’t let me.” Lana sighed.

     “I’m sorry I put you in that tough spot Lana, but I am grateful for all you’ve done over the years.” Alexis smiled. Alexis remembered Bob saying that Alice was going through a rough patch when she first woke up after being stabbed, but she had no idea just how rough that patch had been. She knew that Bob was right to keep the fact that Alice came close to taking her own life from her. Alexis would have gone to let Alice know she was still alive there and then.

    Alice and Alexis looked like they’d had enough of shopping, but Lana and Sarah had other ideas and they soon had the two of them laughing and giggling again, as they went from shop to shop trying on one silly outfit after another. Lana even let Alexis make a boy cry when he tried to get a little to frisky while they were in a lift.

    Lana had let out a squeal when the man grabbed her bottom like it was his god given right to do so. The man’s grin turned to one of pain when Alexis reached back and crushed the man’s privates in her hand. The man looked at his two friends for help, but they were feeling the pain for him, and had no wish to see if his pain was worse than what they felt for him.

    Alexis thought the man wanted to drop to his knees, but she wasn’t ready to release him, so he just sort of hung there waiting for her to let go. She did finally do just that, and he did fall to his knees with tears running down his cheeks. The girls all laughed when they saw the guy’s friend push a button to close the doors between them and Alexis.

     “I bet he’ll think twice before grabbing some girl’s ass again.” Sarah giggled as they walked back to where they’d parked the car.

     “I bet he’ll think about it whenever he needs the restroom from now on.” Lana giggled some more. “We really need to work on your anger issues Alexis.” Lana added with a pout, just before she started giggling again.

     “I don’t have an issue with my anger.” Alexis said in her own defence as she unlocked the car and then helped Alice to get in behind her, while Sarah helped Lana get in on her side.

     “I know you don’t have an issue with it, but a large number of the men you meet do.” Lana pointed out.

    Lana’s comment made Alice and Sarah giggle. “You did look like you were having a little bit too much fun the other day when you were sorting out that street gang.” Sarah pointed out as she looked over at Alexis.

     “Bill and Ted were showing me some footage of that yesterday, and the little scuffle you had in the bar just before that. I thought you were going to neuter that guy in the bar when you threw that knife between his legs.” Lana said with some shock in her voice. “And the street fight was a little showy don’t you think? And I didn’t see the need to tazer the last guy at all.” Lana added, but didn’t sound to upset with what Alexis had done.

     “He said some nasy things about Sarah, and I also wanted to give Ted’s new weapon a good field test.” Alexis said in a matter of fact way.

     “And what did you think of it?” Lana asked with a grin.

     “I like it, and I think you three should all carry one around with you.” Alexis said as she started the car and let it roar a couple of times as she pushed her foot down on the gas.

     “I’ll get right on that when we get back to the command centre.” Lana said as she sat back and smiled at Alice who was smiling at her.

     “No rush Lana, I was thinking of grabbing some bits on the way home and then cooking a dinner for all of us, and asking Bob, Bill and Ted to join us.” Alexis said as she drove to a market.

    The girls all loved the idea. Lana knew that Bill and Ted wouldn’t say no, they both loved Alexis’s cooking. She liked to unwind after a mission by cooking, so they all got to pig out and enjoy all sorts of different meals. Alice had never been to one of these dinners for obvious reasons, so she and Sarah had no idea just what Alexis was capable of when she had all the right ingredients to work with.

    Alexis pulled up in a car park outside a seven eleven and the others waited in the car while Alexis went in and got what she wanted. They did think about going in, but saw a couple of guys stood outside eyeing up all the girls and thought it best to let Alexis go in and sort it out. If Alexis was on her own, she just blanked the comments guys would make, but the minute they said something to any female company she had with her, Alexis would leave them in a pile on the floor.

    Sarah held her breath as she saw Alexis walk out the shop with a large brown paper bag full of shopping, and she saw one of the guys say something to her, then Alexis stopped and turned to face the guy before saying something to him. The guy just laughed and shrugged before he carried on talking to his friend, as Alexis turned back towards the car and carried on walking. Sarah let out the breath again and smiled as she saw Alexis get in the car and pass the bag of food over for her to hold.

     “What did that guy say to you?” Sarah asked.

     “He just offered to carry my bag for me, if I cooked him dinner for doing it.” Alexis said as she started the car again. “I told him my girlfriend wouldn’t be happy with me if I started bringing men home and cooking them dinner.” She added with a wicked smile as she saw the look Sarah suddenly had.

     “You told him I was your girlfriend?” Sara asked looking shocked that Alexis had just said such a thing to a complete stranger.

     “Well I thought you were, don’t you want to be my girlfriend?” Alexis asked looking hurt, but she was only pretending.

    Sarah didn’t know that Alexis was pretending though, and she was soon trying to get a head full of apologies out all at the same time, and none of the others understood a single thing she said.

     “Was that a no you don’t want to be my girlfriend?” Alexis asked with a puzzled look.

    Sarah, who was still having trouble sorting out the whirlwind of thoughts going round in her head, just ended up nodding her head up and down, just before she leaned over and kissed Alexis on the lips for a very long time.

     “I’d love to be your girlfriend Alexis.” Sarah said, finally finding her voice again. Alexis just giggled and then pulled off. The two guys that had been sat outside the shop were left with their mouths hanging open having just witnessed the kiss that the two girls just had right in front of them.

     “Hey! I still have to wear that face out in public you know!” Alice pointed out from the back seat, even though she looked a little different at the minute with the mask on.

     “Sorry sis just got lost in the moment.” Alexis smiled as she looked in the rear view mirror at Alice sat in the back of the car behind her.

     “Can you try and stay un-lost until you get Sarah back to your apartment back at command? Then feel free to throw the map away and you can get lost for hours.” Alice said with a grin as she looked back at Alexis in the rear view mirror.

    Alexis and Sarah both looked at each other and started grinning at the thought of getting to know each other a lot better, but they also didn’t want to leave Alice on her own, not after just finding her sister again.

    Sarah kept turning to look at Alexis as she drove the car, and she suddenly noticed that Alice and Lana were holding hands, she then started to notice that the two of them kept smiling at each other as well. Sarah looked a little shocked at first, but relaxed when she saw the little smile Alexis gave her. It was like Alexis already knew all about it. Sarah kind of asked with her eyes if they were an item, and Alexis must have understood because she nodded to say yes they are. Sarah just smiled, happy that Alice had found someone to make her happy, just like she now had Alexis to help keep her warm on them dark cold nights.

    They were soon back in the warehouse, and Alexis parked the car in the garage section before they all made their way back down to Alexis’s apartment to drop off the shopping and clothes they’d brought. Lana and Alice said they would use the apartment she normally kept for the times she didn’t feel like driving all the way back to the place she kept in town.

     “Why don’t you start using the spare apartment next to mine? It’s closer and you won’t have to go too far later, after we’ve eaten.” Alexis pointed out.

    Alice and Lana looked at each other as if they were still doing a good job of keep the fact they slept together a big secret. “I don’t mind the walk Alexis.” Lana had said.

     “If you’re worried about me finding out the two of you sleep together, then I already know, I have for some time now.” Alexis smiled.

     “You do?” Alice asked looking worried.

     “Yes. Sarah’s only just got here and even she worked it out in the car coming back here.” Alexis giggled. “So just take your shopping next door and then we can go and find the others.

    Lana led the other three to the apartment next door to Alexis’s and it looked just the same except for not having any of the personal stuff like Alexis’s. Alice liked the place, and the fact it was close to her sister’s place made it even better. They dumped the bags on the sofa in the room and then they went to let Bob, Bill and Ted know about dinner being at Alexis’s place later. The guys would also want to know how the mask felt, and if it stayed on alright.

    Bob, Bill and Ted were all still in the computer room playing around with different looks for Alice and Alexis when they were out on missions. They had started taking bits from different girls and making up new disguises for them.

     “Hi Girl’s!” Bob shouted when he saw them enter the room. “How was the mask Alice?” Bob asked.

     “It still feels fine Bob. I forgot I was wearing it until I passed a mirror, which was a little weird seeing someone else looking back at me.” Alice giggled.

     “Do you want to leave it on then, if it’s not bothering you?” Bob asked, but had to try hard not to smile when he saw Lana’s hand twitch, as thought she wanted to protest. Bob also knew that Alice and Lana had a thing for each other, and he loved to tease them both about it.

    Alice turned to look at Lana before giving Bob an answer, and she could see the pleading in Lana’s eyes for her to have the mask removed so she could look at Alice’s beautiful face once more. “I’d like to have it removed please, so I can look at myself in the mirror, and not stood next to me.” Alice giggled as she nudged Alexis with her elbow.

     “Okay then, let’s see if this removal spray really works.” Bob said as he picked up the aerosol can for taking the mask back off again.

     “What do you mean, see if it works?” Alice asked sounding scared that she might be stuck with a strangers face.

     “Don’t panic Alice, Bob is just teasing you.” Lana gave Bob a stern look as she said it. “We thoroughly tested the whole process before letting you and Alexis anywhere near it.” Lana said calmingly to Alice as she held her hands in hers.

    Bob chuckled as he handed Lana the spray, so she could help Alice remove the mask. “Sorry Alice, poor timing on my part.” Bob said stepping back to Give Lana and Alice some room to work.

     “Close your eyes Alice, and I’ll spray your face, then we’ll have you looking as good as you.” Lana smiled at her joke, and Alice giggled.

     “Does the spray hurt if it gets in the eyes?” Alexis asked as she watched Lana start misting it all over Alice’s face.

     “Not at all Alexis, but it’s still better not to get it in your eyes if we can help it.” Lana said as she led Alice over to the wash basin so she could wash her face.

    Alice splashed some water on her face and the mask just washed away like soap bubbles being washed away down the drain. “Wow, my face feels so soft and clean.” Alice said as she ran her hand down her cheek as she looked in the mirror, happy to be looking at her own face again, not that she’d not been looking at it all day, every time she looked at Alexis.

     “We designed the masks to act like an exfoliating face mask while being worn, so once it’s removed, it will leave your skin feeling smooth and soft.” Lana said it like she was doing a TV commercial. She even did a little pose while holding up the aerosol can of removal spray. This had them all laughing and giggling.

     “You really did think of everything when you designs this didn’t you?” Alexis smiled as she thought about her being able to get closer when Alice was on a mission, so she’d be able to act faster if needed. “Do you think you’ll ever be able to get past that fourteen hour problem?” Alexis asked Bob.

     “I can’t see it at this point.” Bob sighed.

     “What happens after fourteen hours?” Sarah asked.

     “The compounds start to break down and it washes off like you just saw.” Bob said as he pointed at the wash basin Alice had just used.

     “The project was started to try and grow flesh for burn victims, but it was scrapped after they couldn’t make it last past fourteen hours. Alice found the details for it while she was on another mission, so we got her to type up all the details when she got back, and we’ve spent the past year or so perfecting the process.” Lana said as she held Alice’s hand and looked into her eyes and studded her face now it was back to looking normal.

     “I noticed that it grows hair as well.” Sarah had seen the mask form the eyebrows to match the ones the girl on the screen had.

     “Yes it does, we added that little bit to the process ourselves.” Lana said with pride.

     “So you could produce a full head complete with hair if you needed too?” Sarah asked, looking impressed at the things they could do.

     “Yes we could, but it does add to the time it would take to make the mask if we wanted a full head of hair as well.” Lana pointed out. “We’ll be using it mainly to get Alice in and out of a building and not be remembered now we can use this system. She’ll have a new face every time she goes on a mission.” Lana looked happy to know that.

    With Bob, Bill and Ted briefed on the disguise skin, the girls all went back to Alexis’s apartment to make a start on dinner. Sarah and Lana ended up sat watching as Alice and Alexis worked together, just like they had when they were kids back at home before all the trouble kicked off.

     “I’ve never seen Alice so happy before.” Lana said as she watched her and Alexis chopping and stirring things into a saucepan together. “I wish I’d been able to see them growing up.” Lana sighed.

     “They were amazing to watch back then.” Sarah said thinking back to the fun she’d had while sat eating lunch and the one time she’d gone out shopping with Alexis before Alex was taken away by the police. The only time she saw Alex after that was the one time she went to tell him about Alice and his parents moving away without letting Alice go to see him even once. Alex had told Sarah never to go and see him again as he wouldn’t see her. That had hurt her, but she could understand him not wanting her to be around some of the other prisoners that were sometimes in the visiting area.

     “You do know that girl is madly in love with you.” Lana leaned over to whisper in Sarah’s ear. “She genuinely thought she was doing the right thing letting you get on with your life.” Lana added, also in a whisper.

     “I know what she was trying to do, but I would have liked the choice.” Sarah whispered back. “I love the person, the soul, and the girl she was born to be.” Sarah added as she looked over at Alexis giggling as she let Alice taste the sauce.

    Sarah and Lana set the table while Alice and Alexis finished off the dinner, then Lana called Bob on her mobile to let him know they were dishing up. He turned up five minutes later with a couple of bottles of wine, and Bill and Ted following just behind with two healthy appetites.

    Everyone loved the food, and they stuck to stories about what Alice and Alex got up to in school, so Sarah could join in the chatter, as could Bill and Ted without letting Sarah know stuff she just wasn’t ready to hear yet. Some of it was going to be hard for Alice to find out as well, but Bob wasn’t ready to cross that bridge just yet.

    Alice, Lana, Sarah and Bob settle down on the sofa, while Bill and Ted talked Alexis into playing some video games with them. Bill and Ted were soon wishing they had let Alexis sit with Sarah, because she was killing them in every game they picked.

    Alexis had a motion sensor system hooked up to one of her game systems, so she was able to use some of her fighting moves in one of the games, and she soon had Bill and Ted begging for mercy.

     “She’s quite impressive isn’t she?” Bob asked Sarah when he saw her sat with her mouth hanging open after a string of moves that Sarah thought no human could perform.

     “How did she learn to fight like that?” Sarah asked.

     “Alexis is a lot like Alice, but were as Alice can read and understand things, and even come up with solutions. Alexis can watch someone do something and she remembers and can also use that in her own defence.” Bob said, looking impressed with a move Alexis had just used on Teds fighter and KO’d him.

     “So she could watch someone using, say Kung Fu, and then she would be able to use it on someone else right away?” Sarah asked, not sure if she was understanding it right.

    Bob chuckled as he thought of something Alexis had done not long after she had gone through all the surgery’s to make her female, and she’d only just started her combat training. “You just hit the nail on the head Sarah.” Bob chuckled some more. “I got in three of the best fighters the army had to offer, and Alexis beat all three of them without even breaking a sweat, or a fingernail. When I asked her how she did it, she just said she’d watched a Jackie Chan marathon the night before.” Bob chuckled some more.

    Sara was soon giggling as she thought of the three men asking Alexis who she trained under, just to be told she watched a Jackie Chan movie. Alexis lost focus and turned to look at Sarah when she heard her giggle, so Ted took the chance to win the fight.

    Ted started doing his own special victory dance because he thought he had finally found the right moves to defeat Alexis, but he soon changed his mind when she beat him the next ten times they fought. Alexis suggested a shooting game, but both Bill and Ted said no right away. Sarah found out a little later that Alexis was even more of a bully when they played those games with her.

    Alexis faked being tired and dropped out, happy to let Bill and Ted make the most of the big screen gaming action. She just sat down and cuddled up next to Sarah for the rest of the evening. Alice had already fallen asleep cuddled up to Lana.

     “Has the old man been telling stories about me?” Alexis asked just before she started kissing Sarah on the neck, as she slowly worked her way up to Sarah’s ear.

    Sarah was finding it hard to think straight as she’d never felt anything as good as this before. Sarah just made a huh hu sound that should have meant yes. Alexis was glad she liked this, but she had a lot more she wanted to try out on Sarah later, once they were in bed alone.

    Bob knew when it was time to leave, so he dragged Bill and Ted away, so Lana could get Alice next door, and Alexis could get Sarah to bed. Bill and Ted wanted to stop and play some more, but they had learned a long time ago, never to argue with Bob.

    Alexis helped Lana get Alice to the bedroom in the apartment next door, and then she left Lana to sort out getting Alice ready for bed, while she went to help Sarah get ready for bed. Alexis taught Sarah some new tricks that night, and Sarah even managed to teach a couple to Alexis.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 8.

Love seeing more of Bill and Ted.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

sweet

How sweet all the girls in bed making love ,I am so jealous "sigh" :)

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Kinesthetic memory, I think

Kinesthetic memory, I think is the term.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Interesting ability then

Probably rarer even then a super genius brain I suspect. I would have chosen a different role model than Jackie Chan. Good ol' Bruce Lee is better but there are many less 'popular' martial artists who are true elites in their particular areas.

The one thing you still have to train for in martial arts is not merely the moods but the ability to absorb a punch and shake it off. Kung Fu practitioners are better than Japanese Karate ones as they use their inner focus better.

Kim

Jackie Chan is funnier though

I do agree that Bruce lee would have been a better choice, but I think more people have seen a Jackie Chan movie these days, and I like the funny way he normally ends up fighting. I wanted the reader to think of that when they thought of Alexis fighting the three solders.
As for Alexis being able to take a punch or two, trust me when I say she is one tough little cookie :)
More details to come in the next part of the story.

Happy reading

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

Enjoying the story, glad to

Enjoying the story, glad to see Alice and Lana are now living close.

Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p