The Half Lilin: By The Light Of The Moon (Post-chapter aka Chapter 14)

Printer-friendly version
"Vicky, put your hand on that wall."

"Why?" Vicky asked.

"Just want to check something," Tell replied.

"Hm, okay," Vicky put her hand on the wall, "Mind telling me what it's about?"

Just then I saw Tell's hand, the one holding the Hildegard's Dagger turned scaly and was too late to do anything when she raised that hand and threw the dagger at Vicky in one quick move.

"AHHH!!! What the hell you bitch!!!" Vicky cursed as the dagger nailed her hand to the wall.

The Half Lilin
By The Light Of The Moon (Post-Chapter)
Last Chapter


By Shinieris

"So..." Vicky looked at us in turn. Despite having slept for two days, her penetrating gaze, which lured me to her when we were teenagers seemed as alive as back then. It's probably the most striking of her classic spanish beauty.

"So... the father of my son is actually female?" she said, looking at my current male form suspiciously.

I squirmed under her intense glare. "It's not really like that. It's not summarizable."

"Hey, don't look at me," Tell said helpfully, "I didn't know I was half-demon until last night."

"And your mother, who is also a demon, is now dead?" she looked at me again.

"Oh really," I said, "If you even hear her speak, you won't believe that she's dead."

"Wait, you met mom?" Tell turned to me, "After she's dead?"

"Well, yeah. I needed advice," I looked away.

"So it was true after all. I didn't just dream it. I really did saw you meeting the Grim Reaper," she said, probably directed at me.

"You saw me? With Uriel? How was that possible?" I asked incredulously.

"I've done some research. Turns out I am what people call a psychometer," she answered.

Looking at both our faces, she clarified, "It means I can read an item's memory."

"What kind of items?" I asked.

"Anything. Strong feelings gave off stronger, clearer memories. This one, for example," she held up Hildegard's Dagger, the one she brought to fight Vicky two nights before, "It's all fragmented, and it's not very clear, but I can see at times, who used it, how it was used and how its previous owner died. Fire does extinguish the memories, so I can't read of what happened before it was forged."

"So that was how you knew things that you shouldn't have known," I remarked.

"And why I wasn't so surprised at your pitiful excuses lately," she added. Then she looked at Vicky and said, "Vicky, put your hand on that wall."

"Why?" Vicky asked.

"Just want to check something," Tell replied.

"Hm, okay," Vicky put her hand on the wall, "Mind telling me what it's about?"

Just then I saw Tell's hand, the one holding the dagger turned scaly and was too late to do anything when she raised that hand and threw the dagger at Vicky in one quick move.

"AHHH!!! What the hell you bitch!!!" Vicky cursed as the dagger nailed her hand to the wall.

"Relax, V," Tell said as she got up and pulled the dagger out of Vicky's hand.

Vicky's other hand, however had turned hairy and her nails elongated into claws. But Tell quickly stepped on that hand before it could harm her. Slowly, the dagger's jagged edge pulled the flesh from Vicky's hand, but slowly also, too slow for the eyes to notice, the flesh returned to its former position and by the time the dagger was pulled out entirely, the areas was smooth, as if it didn't have a dagger piercing it just seconds ago.

Tell stomped on Vicky's transformed hand over and over, until it returned to human form. "Relaxed enough yet?" Tell asked.

"Why the hell did you do that for, you bitch!?" Vicky cursed again.

"Just checking. So that was why the dagger didn't work on you that night. You're not the kind of werewolf that's defeatable by silver or gold, unlike every werewolf I've read about," Tell muttered to herself.

I tried to intervene. "Sue said-"

"Sue can go stuff it. Really, to lie to our faces, hiding the fact that she's an angel, and making friends with us to get close to us, that really pisses me off," Tell fumed.

"She has her reasons," I shrugged, "So what now, Vicky?"

Vicky sighed, "I really wanted to get rid of this 'blessing', so to speak. I've talked it over with this being called 'Sue' and she said it isn't as simple as saying I don't want it. She said I must really really want to get rid of it, and my desire must be so strong that even the moon can feel me. I have no idea what she meant."

"Sue can be cryptic," I agreed.

"So you will stay here until you can get rid of it? My bed is big enough for both of us," Tell implored hopefully.

"Thanks for the offer, Tell, but I think I will try to find myself first. I've been having this vision about a place in the Mediterranean, flanked by mountains overlooking the sea. I want to try to find that place."

"Any idea where?" I asked.

"No, but Turkey sounds like a good place to start."

"Well, if you changed your mind, our home still welcomes you," I said warmly.

She jumped at me without warning, and wrapped her arms around my neck. Then she sobbed on my shoulder so suddenly, I thought she was having a seizure. "Thank you, thank you. I have been-" her words were lost in her sobs.

"You've been alone for so long, Vicky. If you have no other, we'll be glad to be your family and the place where you come home to," I said as I held her tightly.

"Yes, don't worry about it, Vicky. You'll always have a place in our home," Tell patted her head.

"Oh but if you come back sometime next month, you'll probably need to call Tell. I'm probably going to be indisposed," I said.

"Why?" Tell asked, "Where will you be going to?"

"Tartarus. I'm the new Queen of the Dead. Hahaha," I laughed, embarrassed.

They were silent for a long time.

*An additional ending. It's for people who had a problem understanding certain parts of the story. It's totally skippable, though.

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

thank you

for releasing this

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

part 14

I didn't think it was possible but unless you do a sequel I'll be more annoyed with you for this ending than I am with EOF for For The Fairest

how can end it like that there are so many lose ends
I want to see how the rest of the year plays out.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

The other half lilin

shiinaai's picture

The others are already planned. Need to see how those go. Thanks for reading and commenting.

sequel

this needs a sequel
i was looking forward to seeing what happens in the next year of illyse life

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Tartarus Time

Sadarsa's picture

You know... no one ever said how time relates from Earth to Tartarus... so one month could be a really really long time.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Who knows

shiinaai's picture

Maybe Tartarus is a place without time. And anyone being penanced ends up suffering forever. That's why it's hell.

So, the next installment would use this, more or less.

Thank you for reading and commenting.

Coffee

shiinaai's picture

Yes, it was in the original story. Uriel/Azrael/Pluto/Hades tricked her into sipping some Tartarus coffee. It's because he needed a new consort. My next story would be using this as a plotline.

Welcome Words

terrynaut's picture

I'm grateful for this. I really like the characters and the story so I'll take all I can get.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Thanks

shiinaai's picture

To tell the truth, some readers had mailed me asking me about certain issues in the story. While I cannot whip up an answer to all those questions in just one chapter, I try to answer as much without damaging the chapter, so here it is.

Thanks for supporting me all these while, Terry.