How I became Dawn

Printer-friendly version

Well we all have those times in our lives that just cause us to go WTF. This is just one of them. Let me try to explain what I am talking about here. You see I am 13 years old and just starting seventh grade. As you can guess that makes me a fall baby. My birthday is the 6th of November I will let you figure out the year. Now it does not help that I am small for my age. I should probably introduce myself to you. My folks named me Terrence Daniel Palmer when I was born. As if that was not bad enough the doctor told them, I was a boy. Well I can say that Doc lied. I have gone by Terry all though school. Now with that out of the way I will fill in some more background for you as we go along.

If you ever been in a military family then you know the 3 year rule. Now if you don’t know what that is well it is simple you get to move ever 3 years. This is because the military has decided that the parent that they employ would be put to better use somewhere else. Well this does not give one time to make many friends. So growing up it was mostly my sisters and I. Yes I have two of them one is older than I am. The other one is a year younger than I am. At this time in my life, I knew something was different. You see I never fitted in with the boys. My younger sister made friends far easier than I did. Therefore, I would hang out and play with her and her friends. This for me was great. That all changed though when my father retired from the US Navy. I was in the 7th grade at the time. This entailed changing schools. With starting to have to dress out for P.E., you can just guess what that did for me. More on that in a moment, as I should tell you about the parents. I will start with my father, as it was his job, which had us moving around the country. My father’s name is Marvin Denise Palmer. Who just happens to stand 6’ 4” tall, I do not know his weight. This is who at the age of 26 sired me. The other parent in this loving family was my step-mom. Now you are thinking evil and wick on this. Those are not true, as you will find out though out this tale. Mom as we call her married dad in March of 1978. I guess she stands about 5’3”. She was 23 when she gave birth to my younger sister in 1973. So yes, I came from an unbroken- broken home.

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intact...

Andrea Lena's picture

...and yet disjointed from the obvious moving and such and the not so obvious struggles. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you! Thanks for this beginning.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

An unbroken - broken family. Interesting.

I myself came from a broken - broken home, but never let that bother me, much. Anyway, Dawn, This is a good start to what can become a great story. I do like your short format, too. You tell so much in so few words. Some, however, like the longer stories that they can sink their nails into. But, this is a really good start.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Thank you good start

Hope you write more
Love And Hugs Hanna

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

How I became Dawn

Looking forward to reading more of your story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

How I became Dawn

I agree with Stan! This is a very good start on a new story.
I also agree that there are those who like longer stories they can sink their teeth into. I do. I also like this short ones like this introduction to a your new story line. Long or short, it is the quality of the story that makes the difference, so make each episode long, or make it short. I will read it.

Now I need to begin 'It was a rainy day in 1982'.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

How I became Dawn

I agree with Stan! This is a very good start on a new story.
I also agree that there are those who like longer stories they can sink their teeth into. I do. I also like this short ones like this introduction to a your new story line. Long or short, it is the quality of the story that makes the difference, so make each episode long, or make it short. I will read it.

Now I need to begin 'It was a rainy day in 1982'.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm