AHC34

Printer-friendly version

34

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting.

Amber is learning and growing in power even if for now she has a control problem. I'll be waiting to see how this plays out.

Maggie

She's just getting started...

It will take a little time before she really knows what she is doing, but I don't plan to disappoint with her progress. We'll deal with her personal relationships, too, along the way. ;)

Ugh he is sick...

I don't care if he is trying to save the world or whatever, the mind control he is using on her is EFFING SICK MEW. Oh Amber please wake up soon!!!

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

The deepest violation.

I've seen love charms used in other fantasy works, usually high fantasy adventures, but I've never had an opportunity to view it from a writer's perspective.

To be honest, I literally cringed when writing that scene, it was so revolting to me. But as I wrote the following chapters, I became more involved with how Amber manages the curse to varying degrees of success than with anything on Mr. Calvin's end. That is, until I wrote some later chapters which will put the whole situation under a different spotlight. That's all I'm willing to reveal right now, though.

Calvin is a monster ...

... plain and simple. He's shown pretty clearly that there is no good in him. Amber isn't a person, she's a tool to be used and discarded, tortured to prove a point, and twisted without mercy. I don't care what good he does, Calvin's belief in his own power and disregard for the rights of others makes him evil. One can only hope he and his sadistic twisted daughter will end up trapped together in some parallel dimension, fighting each other until the end of time. And Amber? Well, she's been well and truly screwed, mind raped multiple times, her former life destroyed, and addicted to energies from a lust demon. She'll be lucky if she can get out of this still able to figure out how to put a bra on, and not become some nymphomaniac junkie trying desperately to find the high she found in Calvin's study from Visnau's energies.

*sigh*

Randalynn

It can only go up from here.

Wow, you paint a pretty dismal future for our heroine. But don't worry, I don't write tragedies as extreme as that. I won't give it away and say everything works out happily for everyone, but I do intend to write a satisfying ending to this tale.

I realize this story has its evil characters, and right now they are on top, but I had hoped I managed to counter some of that with moments of levity, hope, and tenderness from other characters. As well as show Amber's strength. I'm truly sorry if I failed you in that regard.

But while you are right about the Calvins, he is indeed a dehumanized, evil monster, and she is a spiteful, sadistic brat, none of my character are so one-dimensional. There will be insights to all the characters that show they have their strengths and weaknesses, their good and bad elements. It just takes longer to peel back the mystery for some of them.

Hope you like the rest of the story and where I go with it. Happier, more exciting times are ahead, but I won't say more.

By the way, I love your avatar. Just watched that movie with my daughter the other day!

- Ken