CB3

Printer-friendly version

Story under construction.

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Poor Orion and WTF ! is Mechcorp up too?

If the images on the monitors are right they are getting slaughtered out there.

Overconfident in their *superiority * over the Guild? They have a secret weapon but need the guild fully ungauged in battle to use it?

Given the racism inherent in the antimutant/anti Guild attitudes of many of the Mechcorp why does Keirra and the other few mutants fight on their side?

What is really going in here? If the Guild are supposedly so evil why do many of them refrain from killing and only disable the people they are fighting. Why do they regret killing yet the Mechcorp folks seem to revel in slaughter.

I heard from the Mechcorp officers they feared wide spread collateral damage if the battle moved out of the abandoned industrial area.

Yet if anybody's tactics risked collateral damage I would say Mechcorps methods are the messiest and most *win at any cost* like.

Poor Orion. Will there be any major part of her that is not cyborg now?

BTW if her blood is so corrosive why hasn't... But then maybe she has special blood vessels.

I wonder why she is as she is?

Look forward to more.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Scars and Schemes

Yeah, the Corp was going for an advantage in numbers gambit in a secured area, because past tactics have failed to capture the guild's most powerful agents. If you can't arrest the terrorists, kill them! :D

Once they were engaged and distracted, the Corp brought out the big gun that couldn't fail. They didn't count on Exorcist ending the fight so early or a self-sacrificing Orion, huh? :P

Mecha Corp's overall stance on mutants/metapower beings will be revealed in the story, along with Keira's beliefs. They are tied together. Also, the common soldiers are often like Synapse: people with families. Hint: Mecha Corp is huge, a mega corporation that rivals some RL governments. Even corrupt governments often have good people working for them for one reason or another and vice versa.

You'll get a taste of the Guild's motives and structure in the next chapter, so I won't ruin it here.

The only part of Orion that is artificial is her left arm, replaced with that big, weaponized, bionic one. Her jetpack is grafted onto her back. You'll see if she gets more cybernetics after the battle. Since it doesn't come up in the story, I'll share more of her details. Her blood is only corrosive when she gets too excited or upset. She has to bring it on or lose her self-control, and if it's the former she has limited control of it, too, like localizing it to her hand.

Coincidently, she has a twin brother with the same condition (and he has much better control of his blood than she does). It won't come out in this story, but wait until you see what he can do in a later story. ;)

Thanks for reading, and for the comment! More coming soon!

-Kara