The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 2

Printer-friendly version

After the meeting at K&P services, and each team is split up. Paul, Marshal Bullock, Marshal Running Bear, Jessica Jones and members of Golden Eagle Squad boarded a private flight to London, England. The two pilots’ flying them there worked for Chaos Security.

“Tell me again, why we are flying to London, England?” Paul hadn’t been briefed on why they were heading there.

Tammy looks at Paul “because we are going to switch planes and join a group called Helping Hands. According to our boss, they have contacts in India in the area we will be going. We need to do some recon of the area, so we don’t get ourselves killed.”

“I’ve heard of them. Don’t they go to impoverish areas and help dig wells and build homes for the people in those areas?” Sophie couldn’t remember if the circus traveled through the areas they were doing work in.

“Yes, they do a lot of good work in a lot of countries. They also act as a covert cover for the government or people like Chaos Security.” Becky had been giving their contact and notified that they didn’t have to worry about their gear.

Jessica was quietly watching people and making notes to add to her library. She wonders how Chaos Security had managed to establish a connection to Helping Hands.

“Mr. Romano, how did you meet my cousins?” Sophie was curious.

“It’s Sophie, right?” Paul wanted to make sure he got her name right.

“Yes.” Sophie had her full attention on Paul Romano.

“Your cousins, Mr. Bullock there and members of my crew were ambushed by a former government agent. He filled the fire sprinkler systems
with gasoline in a warehouse we had tracked him to and detonated it with us trapped inside. If it hadn’t been for the actions of a young woman heading home rescuing us. We would be dead right now.” Paul was thankful for the young lady dress as the Baroness from the movie G.I. Joe for rescuing them.

Jessica made a mental note to add that information to her files later. She wonders how long Paul Romano and the other people have known each other. Since leaving the island she figures that there was a lot she missed out on. All she had known was learning how to use her gift to enter other people’s minds and blending in.

She never had a childhood and life for her has always been about work and learning. She glances over towards Marshal Running Bear. She had noticed that he always seemed to be watching her. A sly smile appears on her face as an idea pops into her head.

“Marshal Running Bear, which Native American tribe are you a member of?”

“Apache.” Joseph Running Bear looks at the red hair woman sitting near him.

He couldn’t believe that she was the one they called the Librarian. He wonders what her angle was in all of this.

“Your Apache?” Sophie had been trying to guess which tribe Marshal Running Bear was.

Joseph turns his attention from Jessica to Sophie. He could tell she had an English accent to her speech. Sometimes her accent would change at times.

“It’s Sophie, right?”

“Yep. Sophie Bounty.”

“So, Sophie how are you related to Jack Bounty?”

“He’s my uncle. My father is his younger brother.”

“Is your father anything like your uncle?”

“Nope, my father is a police officer. He prefers living in England, over the states. If you don’t mind me asking you a question. Are you a full
Native American or do you have some white in you?” Sophie loved learning about America’s Native American tribes.

A smile appears on Joseph’s face “I’m a full blooded Native American. Both of my parents come from a long line of Native Americans. We might have some African American mixed in with our blood, but no white man’s blood.”

“Cool, it’s like how some of my relatives are full bloodied Irish and Scottish. We can trace our ancestors back to when the Roman’s invaded the
Celt’s.” Sophie remembered seeing a tapestry that hung in one of her relatives’ homes that showed how the Bounty’s had come from a Roman
Officer who had invaded the Celts.

“I’ve noticed you have a second accent you sometimes switch too. What other language do you speak?” Joseph was puzzled by it.

“Oh, sorry. My mother is Romanian. So, I sometimes switch between my father’s native tongue, to what my mother and the other Romanian’s speak in the circus.”

“Is it true, that circus people have their own language you guys talk?” Jessica was curious.

“Yes, it's true. It’s a secret language we speak among ourselves. There aren’t many outside our circus troupe that knows the language.”

While Sophie was talking to Marshal Running Bear and Jessica. Tammy was catching up on her email. Her boyfriend in California wanted to know how things were going and if she was coming home any time soon.

Tammy sends him a reply informing him that she’ll be gone for a while. She had finished her training and was going on a mission. She couldn’t tell him any more about what she was doing, but she informs him that it was very important. She sends her reply and logs off.

Becky had been watching Tammy as she typed away on her laptop. She notices how concern Tammy had been when she was typing.

“Bad news?”

Tammy looks up and at Becky “yes, my boyfriend wanted to know when I would be home.”

“Ah, you’re lucky you have someone. I never managed to find anyone, except you guys that care to date me.” Most of the guys Becky knew
thought she was too brainy for them.

“We’ll find someone for you, Becky. What do you have in the area we will be going too?” Tammy was curious.

Becky brings the information up “the area we are going is mostly rural and It is situated between the Ajay River and the Hooghly River and so bounded by water to the east, west, and north. There are several villages and areas that have temples that are dedicated to Kali. We will be better off traveling by water, then by car or train.”

“How about communication?” Paul looks at Becky.

“Cell phones will be useless once we are out in the total areas. My wrist computer is equipped with satellite capability and I know we have
several sat phones among our gear.” Becky saw the cases they were in when they were loading the plane.

“What’s the terrain like?” Tammy taps a few buttons on Becky’s hologram keyboard.

The scene changes and shows the desert and jungle. Becky enlarges the area they were going “we’ll be landing in Katwa, but we’ll be heading out of the city towards the rural area.”

Jessica was paying attention and recording everything on her cellphone. Her phone also had satellite capabilities.

“Is that where helping hands normally operate, outside near the rural areas?”

“Yes, so when we land. We will be traveling with them to these rural areas.” Becky swipes the hologram towards the West on the other side of the river.

“Couldn’t we get a boat and travel up the river?” Paul had spotted where they were going.

“If you want to blow our cover. We need to move with the Helping Hands group, till we leave the city.” Tammy saw that this was going to be a dangerous mission.

“What do we know about the urban area?” Marshal Bullock was curious about that.

'It's mostly civilized and has what most cities in this area have. Colleges, hospital and medical centers.They have a police force that covers a large area and they speak Bengal and English. How is your Bengal?” Tammy looks towards the group after answering Bullock.

“Mine isn’t too bad.” Sophie knew she could speak it.

Tammy couldn’t believe it. Everyone that was with them, couldn’t speak the language.

“You mean we have only one person who can speak the local language with us?”

“We’re in trouble.” Jerry only spoke Arabic and a few other languages.

“Then we better cover our six and stick together.” Paul just looks out the nearest window afterward.

"We're only in trouble out in the rural areas. The urban areas they speak the Queen's English." Sophie hopes she remembers right.

up
210 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Things are going

Samantha Heart's picture

To get tough before long. This was a slight over sight on the language part, but this squad was the best of the best.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.