Life-Changing Moments 4.2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 4.2: Love & College.

[Chapter Note: This chapter contains links to images which is used for reference only.]

That was one of the best sleep I had in a while. I woke up still finding myself in Amber's bed. As I got up I was greeted by Amber handing me a glass of water to drink.
"So how was your sleep?" Asked Amber.
"One of the best I had in days." Said Skyler.
She advised me to take few days off to take care of myself to which I said Ok. Then I talked to her about my Job and my exams next month. She told me to take a break from work during exams after that I can continue whenever I liked. I said, "I'll think about It."
After our talk, I went home.

My sister was very happy for me when I told her about me & Amber.
That afternoon I got a call from Amber asking me if I was free in the evening to which I said yes. She suggested we should hang out and enjoy this day. I said, "why not!" She asked me to meet her at her home at 5.

I got ready (I wore blue jeans and a white t-shirt with a jacket over it. Tied my hair in a ponytail.) I told my sister and got out then I knocked on her door. She opened her door and then I saw her she was wearing a green dress and her hair straightened cascading down her back she looked hot. I told her "You look gorgeous!"
to which she said thank you and told me to come in and sit.
Out of nowhere, she asked me
Amber: Can I do your hair today? please!
Skye: Why does it not look good?
Amber: It does but I wanted to try something out.

I was hesitating a bit but I said yes. Then she ran into her room bought a hairbrush, a couple of clips & bands. She sat me on her bed and came behind me, pulled the band from my ponytail, and told me to close my eyes to which I did.

Then started brushing my hair slowly & swiftly down my back.
Amber: I still can't get enough of your hair they are so beautiful.
Skye: Thank you! (shyly)
Amber: Your hair grows so fast they are longer than mine. I still have my hair till my lower back but you have a little bit longer than that almost till your waist, are you planning on growing it longer? please try growing them.
Skye: Yeah I noticed the fast growth I think it is my genes and I was thinking of having them more longer.
Amber: Please grow them longer.
Skye: If you want me to then I will.
Amber: Really, Thank you! I can't wait to see them longer.
Skye: Take care of them then.
Amber: Yes I will, & your hair is done.
Skye: (It was a familiar feeling) Already I was loving the feeling of you brushing my hair.
Amber: Ohh Thank You, & don't open your eyes yet.

She took me to the mirror then told me to open my eyes. She made my hair in twin braids cascading down my shoulder to my waist which looked so beautiful I was shocked.
(my hair looked like this = https://in.pinterest.com/pin/650770214894591613/ )

Skye: Braids!
Amber: Don't you like them your sister told me that this was your favorite hairstyle to do.
Skye: ("Damn sis," I said in my mind) I love them.

Smilinly Amber hugged me and said, "You look very cute like this I am glad you like them." After this, we got out and enjoyed ourselves. I got some weird looks as I was wearing braids but I ignored them. We went to a mall where we did some shopping, had dinner, and watched a late-night movie show after that I escorted her home. When we reached our floor she kissed me goodbye and went home.
I to got home to find my sister awake she teased me for the braid and asked me what happened to which I told her everything and as time passed we grew more closer.

ONE MONTH LATER!

It was the day of the exam and as usual, I was late. (I was studying till late at night) I got fresh wore my clothes brushed my hair packed my bag and got out. Amber was waiting for me (She told me she would accompany me to the bus) Then we walked to the bus stop.
Amber: You didn't even tie your hair up.
Skye: Yeah I wanted to keep it like this today. Let them down.
Amber: You forgot right.
Skye: Right.
Amber: (laughed) I knew it. Don't colleges have rules regarding long hair?
Skye: I don't know I have not been to college for a while now.
Amber: Here take these bands in case you need them.
Skye: Thanks for this.

We reached the bus stop. The bus was standing there so I said my goodbye to Amber and got on the bus.
I reached the college. As I was entering the examination hall I was stopped by a teacher. She scolded me that I should at least tie my hair up. "Sorry ma'am," I said to her and tied my hair using the band given to me by Amber. (I was very thankful to her) She asked me about my college ID & Exam ID. She rose her eyebrow, "Is this you are you a boy?" She said pointing at my photo on my college ID. (My photo in the college ID was more than 2 years old I forgot to update it.)
Me: Yes ma'am it's me I am a boy, that photo is old I just have long hair now.
Teacher: Long, they are very long, I thought you were a girl because of it, and keep in mind that just because you are a boy with long hair doesn't mean you can keep it down. You have to tie it up like others that's the rule, Understand!?
Me: Yes ma'am I understand. (embarrassingly)

she said that loud enough for the people in the front must have heard it. Then she guided me to my seat gave a last awkward look at me and went.
I gave all my exam papers like this. Every time I had little troubles due to my appearance but I got used to them. Regardless of that my exams went amazingly due to my hard work. (or overwork lol)

2 weeks later my result was declared. I was passed with good marks. I told my sister and Amber the news both of them were so happy that we did a small party at my home. The next day I also got a call from my college to collect the mark sheet and that I can start attending my college from the new semester which is in 2 months for which I was happy and nervous at the same time.

Many things happened in these two months Like I started working with Amber in the evening shift. She used to teach me many things about fashion and stuff.

On the first day of the new semester, I was very nervous because I have not attended college in 1.5 years. "what will my classmates and friends think will say if they look at me like this?" I said to my sister. "They will not say anything don't be too nervous for such a small reason." said my sister.
I said ok and went to college(still feeling a little nervous.)
When I reached there I called my friends (Sarah & Peter) who were waiting for me at the college entrance. I went to them and said hi
Peter: Hi there, & Woah that hair looks sick.
Me: Thanks, dude.
Sarah: Looks like somebody has been growing their hair. Look at your ponytail it looks so good.
(for reference = https://in.pinterest.com/pin/592786369696975452/ )
Me: You think so, thank you.
Sarah: Yeah you look great! way better than before.
Me: Thanks, now let's go or we will be late.

First, the two of them went inside the classroom. I still a little nervous went after them. Boy's didn't pay much attention but most of the girls had their jaw dropped when they saw me as I sat down on my seat next to Peter. Then I did something unexpected I took my ponytail from my back and kept it on my shoulder to see the looks on the girl's faces, they were mesmerized. I told Peter that I should have had made a video of them and like that my college life began.

The 1st month was hard at first because some boys used to tease me pull my hair but they got over it soon. But the girl's used to be good with me. They used to ask me for advice about my hair. Over time some girls even asked me out but of course, I rejected them because I had Amber. Nowadays Amber & I used to spend more time together we went out on many dates & some dates she made me wear girls clothes to which she said was for some thrill in life.
I even took part in many plays which I found out I was good at.

Just like that, the semester ended and it was time for the summer holidays.
My hair has grown significantly longer. They are now till my hips.
(Like that: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/969470257255269353/ )
Both Amber & Sharla loved my hair. (Well I too love my hair.) They used to pamper me and my hair. I used to wear my hair in braids because I loved the feeling of the braid when it swings while I walk.

One day when we three were planning for a picnic my sister got a call. The call was from our Mom she was calling us back home.

TO BE CONTINUED...

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos