City BOY?

Printer-friendly version

"Excuse me!, Sorry!, Excuse me!"

I said while going through the crowd towards the entrance of the railway station to find my aunt who is been waiting there for me. My name is Kuntal Gupta 20 years old & I am moving to the city for my graduate study. I was very excited but nervous as I was 2 years late for it but because my cousin's sister (My aunt's daughter) who is 2 years younger than me is also joining college this year my mom told me to join with her.
Finally, I reached the entrance & finally put my bag down on a bench near the gate. I looked & looked for her everywhere but my aunt was nowhere to be found, so I called her up...Just when I thought the caller tune would stop she picked up...

"Anu aunty where are you? I am on the bench near the gate." I said.

"Look back!"

As soon as I looked back I was she embraced in a hug by my aunt.

"Oh my sweet Kuntal, It's been so long!" said Anu aunty while hugging me.

"Hey Aunty, how are you?" I said happily while thinking (Damn! she is big) I am 5.5 while she is almost a 6.

"I am doing great!" replied aunty.

"You know I almost didn't recognize you because of your hair, looks quite big." Said aunty while pointing towards my bun.

"Yeah, I've been growing them for more than 4 years now," I replied while touching my bun.

I loved long hair so when I passed my 10th standard exam I started growing them longer, mom was hesitant at first because I have a kinda feminine face & no facial hair. After some time, she too was into helping me maintain them. Since then, I never got my hair cut short. Now it was very long and thick too. I think it was because my mom was very sensitive about taking care of them.

"I heard from your mom that you've been growing them, but I didn't know it would be this long, still looks quite cute on you." Replied aunt.
I was taken aback by her saying 'cute' but didn't mind it much.

"Well let's go to my car!"

We went near her car, put my bags into the back of the car, and got going.

"Anu aunty I don't see Shweta?" I asked her. (Cousin sister)

"She is at her dance class, she wanted to be here but because your train was delayed she had to go, You know how much she loves to dance."

"Yeah, I know," I said while remembering some memories.

"Don't worry she said she will get at home as soon as possible."

Then she went on to ask about my journey here and my mom till we reached her home.
When we reached home she first took me to show me my room. It was simple but quite big and it also had a bathroom which was quite good
for me.

"Here you go, now get fresh in the meantime I will get the dinner ready for us."
Then she went and closed the door. I Called my mom to tell her that I have arrived at Aunt's house and then I opened my bag and took out the clothes and necessities. Then I went to take a bath.

After the bath, I came out & quickly wore a simple t-shirt and lower. Then I sat on the table near the mirror and removed the towel from my head & let my hair down. I took the dryer from the bag and started drying my hair. It takes quite some time due to the length and volume of my hair. Just when I finished brushing my hair I heard the door open and...

"KUNTAL...OH MY GOD!!" Said my sister with a hand on her mouth.

I put the brush down, got up, put the strands of the hair behind my ears, and said "Hi, Shweta!!"

"Kuntal are they real?" She said while pointing towards my hair.

"YEAH, I know they are long.."

She cut me off "LONG They are VERY LONG!, you have even longer hair than me, They are till your hips.

"I know," I replied.

She came near me and said, "Can I touch them?"

I put all my hair on my shoulder and said "Go ahead!"

She then started touching the hair and said..."Your hair is soo pretty, not only they are naturally straight they are so thick, Girls would die to have hair like you."

Then she got back and had a look at me "Though it looks quite feminine on your face, they suit you."

Just then I heard Anu aunty..."Shweta! Kuntal! Dinner is ready."

"We will talk later now let's go," said Shweta.

"Give me 5 min I'll tie them up and come down," I replied.

"Ohh don't tie them up it looks good as it is, now let's go."

As I was about to say something, she took my hand and took me with her.

We both sat at the dinner table, Anu aunty was still in the kitchen.

"Mom, did you see Kuntal's hair?" Shouted Shweta.
She came in with the plates.

"Yeah I saw his massive bun but now looking at them down is quite a sight, come over here let me have a look."

I went over & stood before her. Then she started checking my hair out.

"It's long & Looks like your mom took really good care of them because they look so healthy." said aunty while touching my hair.

"Yeah, she is very protective of them now, she even packed a whole bag full of hair accessories & hair care products," I replied as we went
over to sit at the dining table.

"Sound's like your mom." replied aunty while smiling.

"She did an amazing job, We both will try to help you as much as possible for your hair," said Shweta.

"I'll appreciate it."

After dinner, I went to help my Aunt & Sister to help in the kitchen. (she denied my help first but I convinced her.)

As I was keeping the dishes my aunt said...

"You look so much like your mom from her younger days."

"What mom had long hair?" I replied.

"Of course, she had, even longer than yours, didn't she tell you?" replied Aunt.

"No, Never!"

I don't think I ever saw my mom having her hair longer than mid-back length. I even requested her to grow them longer at certain times but she never grew them longer.

"When we were your age, long hair was the thing back then, almost every girl kept their hair down till the backs, & then comes your mom, She had the most beautiful hair in the college."

After finishing the work we all went to the hall and then aunt started again...

"Your mom had her hair till her knees, which were always well maintained not one strand out of place, our mom kept sure we keep them healthy. Girls in the college were very jealous of your mom's hair, & the boys were for your mom."
Both me and Shweta were listening to her.

"Whenever your mom used to have them down open or in a braid, everyone used to look back, People used to call her the 'rapunzel of the valley'. "

We were so immersed that we forgot to look at the time. Then aunt pointed out..."Look at the time, both of you go to your room we have a lot of work tomorrow."

"Yeah, tomorrow is the last date for the admission process," replied Shweta.

We went towards our room and said good night.

I quickly put my hair in a loose bun and got into the bed.
Mom never told me anything about her hair. I'll ask her when the time is right. thinking about this I went to sleep.

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos