Emma and Sam Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Annotation 2021-01-21 211228.png

Chapter 8

The next few weeks sped by with more than a fair share of drama…with a capital ‘D’. Lei finally got busted on campus for smoking pot with her friends. Mixed feelings swirled around as I felt both happy and sad for her. Lei finally got what she wanted. She was going home to party with her friends. No doubt every rude boy would be on notice.

Lei was twenty-one after all, and she was a party animal to be sure. And she certainly didn’t want to be in college anyway. Lei wanted to be out feeling her…youth? She was too full of life to be contained within four walls for any period of time. Like...more than fifteen minutes was more than enough…maybe?

But I also felt bad for her because she was leaving school. The only future she ever spoke about was that beneath a palm tree throwing back frozen mixed drinks and smoking pot. And the sad part was that with her family’s wealth, she would probably get away with doing just that.

However…her rapid departure at such a late date meant that I could be Sammie’s ‘new roomie’...sort of? As things were, I was spending three nights a week with her anyway. And now I was spending five. I acquired Monday and Wednesday nights. Sammie still needed two nights a week to pull what almost amounted to ‘all-nighters’.

Although she only spent five or six hours in the lab, she used those nights, as well as at least two or three hours when I was around, to process the work and dole out the next day’s assignments. I don’t know where she found the energy. And she worked out at least five days a week!

It didn’t take very long for everyone involved to realize that being in most of my ‘new’ classes was a waste of time; my time. I was learning at too fast a rate and any questions I might have were too far ahead for the professors to begin to explain during class time. I would show up once a week to hand in my work and get the new assignments. I was so far ahead of the others students that the Dean arraigned for me to take the finals for my current classes…and the ‘202’ classes as well.

But stats still remained my bain and I needed to attend the classes.

As poetic justice, Sammie assigned me to Jessie in the lab. I was able to check all of her math and most of her programming. She had to feel a bit…paranoid? I mean here’s this sophomore going over her work. And her…a PhD. or something...? But it was fine after the first two weeks. In fact she was actually teaching me a few things.

Everything was fine until we had our first argument. Well…maybe more of an animated discussion…? Picture this will you will. Granted Sammie is a few inches taller than me. But only maybe two of three inches… However…I completely disappear when I stand behind her. 'Baby girl needs a big playground' she would say. And I certainly enjoyed that playground. We enjoyed each other’s playgrounds.

“I won’t fucking do it!” Sammie profaned when in stubborn mule mode.

We’re face to face; me on my toes. I couldn’t tell you whose face was the more red; Sammie’s or mine. Our eyes bulged and we mirrored the hands on hips stance.

“But you promised.” I hissed. “You lost the bet! So keep your word!”

“But I don’t even have any nails!” She shouted, holding her hands up.

Whilst it was true her nails were shorter than short, she still had them and I so wanted her to experience the entire process of a mani-pedi. Whether it was her guilt of not keeping her word, or my undying persistence, Sammie relented.

In truth, I sort of knew what Sammie’s issue was; being too femme. And certainly a mani-pedi was close to the epitome of femme. Maybe a day at the spa was the ultimate. But even I hadn’t ever gone that far…yet. Her one concession to femininity was bleaching her hair and being particular in its styling before leaving the apartment.

Finally being able to schedule an appointment at the salon she went to, I managed to fit in a Saturday appointment for nails and hair. Taking two showers a day led to a multitude of split ends and I direly needed to have a trim. And my Sammie was due for a trim anyway.

Sammie getting her nails done proved to be a chore. She watched as my nails were done and I could feel her gritting her teeth. The tools alone were threatening enough but her brows arched as they were being used. I was always particularly fussy about color choices and I always wanted two topcoats of clear lacquer. I wanted the color to last.

But when her turn came around, she looked as if she was ready to bolt out the door. We nearly had yet another animated discussion when I wanted her to get a rose tinted clear lacquer applied. Although there wasn’t much to work with, our manicurist worked particularly hard in cleaning up Sammie’s cuticles and adding some sort of shape.

Foot baths are amazing all in themselves. The bubbling water and fragrant soaps only amplify the amazing sensation. With great trepidation, Sammie dunked her feet into the turbulent very warm water and within moments a smile crept onto her face. After everything was done, she stared at her toes as they sparkled in the light and smiled.

More drama...sort of...?

One evening as we were getting ready for bed, I sat peeing. Even though my boy bit drooped, I always made sure of the direction with my hand. Sammie walked in and simply stared at me sitting there. She had this very odd expression of bewilderment on her face.

“What…?” I giggled.

“Nothing…” She said and smiled weakly.

Going to the basin, Sammie turned the faucet and let the water warm up as it ran. She placed her hands on both sides of the basin and bent forward. Sammie simply stared at the water as it flowed and went down the drain. In spite of her mood being easy, discovering the hanging matter was wasn’t.

“Mama bear…?” I lilted as I got up and walked the three paces to her. “What’s up with you?” I embraced her from behind, resting my head against her shoulder. “What’s on your mind?”

I had to ask at least twice. Sammie would tell me what was up when she was ready. But if I didn’t ask…how would she know I was available to listen. Even though we had our shower together as was our normal, Sammie slashed water onto her face.

“I’m okay.”

Sammie spoke in her least convincing voice ever! After briskly drying her face with a hand towel, Sammie turned and embraced me. My arms never left her at all. She kissed my cheeks and forehead. Then she stood holding me and gazing intensely into my eyes.

“Let’s go to bed baby doll. I’m really tired.” Sammie smiled more strongly…or less weakly? Whatever…

As we turned to walk out, I grabbed the face cream. Sammie hadn’t done it and I was insistent. She sat down on her side of the bed and I swiftly took advantage.

“Oh yeah…” She said with a weak grin as she shook her head. “I forgot about that.”

Sitting next to her, I began to slowly and tenderly apply the cream…it’s stronger than the lotion and Sammie’s skin was nearly as porcelain as mine. Beneath the soft touch of my fingers, I could actually feel her loosen up…emotionally. When I finished, complete with applying a wee bit of the excess on my face, I got onto bed on my side. As usual, we had the scented candles lit and the mood was…calming…soothing.

Sammie was on her back. Her head rested on her hands and her elbows jutted outward. She was staring at the ceiling and the dancing shadows the candles produced. I snuggled into her side and rested my head on her breast. Sammie put her arm around my shoulders as she began to unfold this mystery.

“I can’t figure it out.” She said resolutely.

“What can’t you figure out?” I gently rubbed her tummy.

“You…? Me…? Us…?”

“What do you mean?”

“When I saw you on the toilet…? I mean you looked so utterly feminine. And then I think about your…your dick? I should be running off into the night screaming in horror. What I shouldn’t be doing is touching it, playing with it, putting it into my mouth.”

Sammie sighed sadly.

“I’ve always been gay.” Sammie’s other hand went around me and she turned so that she could gaze into my eyes. “Hot girls always got me swampy. And guys…? All I could think about was how hairy they were and how weird they smelled and how they had this lethal fucking weapon between their legs just waiting to shoot its crap up into me."

Another sigh...

“But none of that matters when I think of you. None of that matters when I’m with you… And I don’t understand why…when it should matter. It should matter…a lot.” Sammie sighed again as a tear or two fell from her eyes.

“Well…” I was trembling at her revelations. “What about us?”

“Us…? Like in you and me…?” Sammie sniffled and I felt her reach for a tissue. She wiped her eyes and nose. “It’s like I can’t feel a time there wasn’t an 'us'…you know? I feel like we are two incomplete people that make up one complete one. Does that sound strange…or what?”

Sammie shifted onto her side and propped her head up with her palm. She continued to gently caress me, as her gaze never left mine. Taking a deep breath, Sammie let it out with a sigh.

“It’s like my life right now is too perfect.”

‘Too perfect…’? Is there really such a thing?

“Yeah but it’s not like I’m your first conquest.” I giggled.

“Yeah…” She snorted. “But it’s like you are. I know you hate me saying this but…you’re so fucking femme and it’s not affected. It’s real. You’re kind of like having a wife. But without you really being one.”

Not really knowing what to say, I simply stared at Sammie.

“You’re so low maintenance it’s almost ridiculous. You keep house for me in ways I couldn’t have ever imagined before. I mean really…hanging up my clothes…doing the housework…the cooking…and a dozen other little things? And I don’t need to waste time amusing you. You even listen to me when I speak to you. It’s like…too perfect.”

“So what’s the problem mama bear?”

“I can’t figure it out. It just doesn’t make sense to me…that somebody like you would even want to be seen with somebody like me. It’s not like you’re a lesbian and your not really interested in guys. If nothing else I’m a scientist…and an engineer. Things need to make sense to me.”

“Oh mama bear…” I understood and felt for her. “We need to go to your fave place of study; evolutionary biology and Darwinism. Human emotions…our emotions…can’t be quantified. It’s…what did you call it…soft science? You have very distinctly male traits…personality traits. You’re, demanding, aggressive, straightforward, certainly assertive, and methodical. I’m definitely none of those things. If anything, I’m the complete opposite.” I smiled warmly and touched her cheek gently. “You’re right. We’re like two halves making up a whole.”

Seeing Sammie thinking over what I’d just said, I knew she would understand. She rolled back and pulled me into her side again. But her expression suddenly changed to a serious one. She leaned in toward me with her lips pouting. We kissed. It was a quick kiss. But it was one of those kissed that says ‘I’m glad you’re here’.

"It’s only that…” She paused and gently stroked my cheek. “Well…this is like a dream and I’m so afraid I’ll wake up and it’s gone. We’re gone.”

As a tear fell from each of her beautiful eyes, I reached out and caught both with my finger. Putting my finger into my mouth, I savored the slightly salty taste and smiled. I was bringing a small part of her into my body…into me. She grinned knowing full well what I was thinking.

“Are you happy?” Sammie asked timidly.

What an odd question to be asked at a moment like this. I mean it was a valid question but I was more concerned about this…this melancholy moment of Sammie’s.

“Yeah…” My smile illuminated my answer. “I am. I'm so incredibly happy.” I said as I reached out to gently rub her lips with my fingertip. "Are you happy? Happy with me...?”

Sammie stared blankly for a moment. Then she fell or than turned onto her back and began to laugh. Also…hysterically! Tears of laughter filled her eyes as she reached for a tissue. Giggling nervously, I moved to rest my head on Sammie’s her tummy so I could gaze at her. Finally she calmed down enough to giggled out her answer.

“I’ve never been happier in my life.” Sammie sniffled. “And I think that scares me…you know?”

“Yeah…” I sort of knew and snickered. “Maybe I’m your reward for dues paid?”

“Three times over…!” She laughed and pulled me up to kiss me.

Of course there was always just a wee bit of drama when Sammie had her periods. They weren’t much of anything really. I did learn a new word; spotting. You see…Sammie was so physically active that she really didn’t bleed much at all. She didn’t even need to mess with tampons or stuff like that? At the end of the day her panty liner would be spotted with just a wee bit of blood. Hence…spotting…

But I could always tell when it was her time of the month. She would become moody and sort of needy? There would be lots of hugs and touching and that sort of thing. No problem with that as far as I was concerned. It seemed like we could never get enough of each other.

And then there was the time she became jealous…sort of. The entire incident was silly to begin with. There was this guy in the study group for comp. engineering. He was uber cute if you were into uber cute guys. Anyway…we were simply talking in the hall when Sammie turned the corner at the end.

This guy was carrying on so much about how epically boring the lecturer was. He told a joke about her…the lecturer that is…and I snickered. Sammie thought we were flirting big time. I could see her smile vanish and a frown appear.

Instantly I knew what she was thinking. That’s just the way we were with each other. I mean it’s not like we were a secret or something. We were both cool in the buildings. We didn’t even hold hands when we left the lab at the day’s end. But Sammie’s insecurities arose and she really needed to talk it out.

“Who was that guy you were talking with?” Was how it began to play out.

“Oh… He’s in one of the study groups. He’s kind of a douchetard? He just doesn’t get it.” I snickered.

“Get what?” No smile…

“I don’t know? The big picture I guess? You know how everything’s connected? And each of us is kind of a link? And some of us are complete enough to be several links? He doesn’t get it.” I grinned. “You’re jealous!” I laughed.

“Well... He is a guy!”

“Yeah…” I laughed even harder. “I don’t do dick either in case you haven’t guessed.”

“Yeah… Maybe so… But you’re not a lesbian either. The only time you look at another woman is when she’s wearing something you like…or not.”

I could see the emotions rising in Sammie. It was like a darkness that arose in her when she was feeling insecure. And although she didn’t consciously intend to say something that hurt…she did. For a moment I felt like every time Sammie felt insecure, she would bring up some imperfection with me. But logically I knew that wasn’t true.

“Mama bear…you took my 'cherry' all three ways. I have no interest in guys…or other women for that matter.”

Then I remembered the time of the month! Of course the only cure for this was a hug and a very wet and hunger kiss. I straddled her lap and held onto her as if our lives depended upon it. We made passionate and very loving love that night. How wonderful it was to smell like one another at both ends…yet again.

Our routine was fixed in solid rock. We would awaken and do our GRWM and OOTD together. We’d walk to the engineering building after getting our morning coffees. Sammie went to her lab and I went to whatever classes I felt the need to attend…or to the school’s library computers. Then I’d join her in the lab until three or so. We’d walk back to the apartment and I’d study whilst Sammie went to work out.

Although this all may sound boring as all fuck, it was what we both needed. Neither one of us truly had roots to speak of. So we found roots in one another. I even made sure she worked for at least two hours before showering and bed. As the wheel turns, this actually cut down on her manic work sessions on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

If we didn’t go out for dinner, we would both prepare something together. Sammie even got into the clean up part when she realized how restful the mindless crap of everyday living really was. Whilst some would say we were simply playing house, I regarded it more as practicing? I would fantasize being married to Sammie, and, as she had said several times before, I was her wife.

But my new life had one drawback. I missed seeing those two derps Pat and Jeanie. Only coming in to sleep and shower in the ‘off’ days, I always tried spent time with them. And I mean that as in needing to speak to somebody…nay…anybody…who was not into math or puters. It was simply another form of mindless…amusement? Except for the night Jeanie was alone.

“We never talked about this. But..." She bite her lip. "You’re trans…right…?” She asked softly.

My entire world suddenly melted away. My heart would have fallen out my butt hole had it not landed so very heavily atop my tummy. Jeanie reached out and took my hand. She pulled me down beside her on the bed.

“I wanted to speak with you when Pat wasn’t around. She’s totally anti-trans and I really don’t know how’d she react.” Jeanie smiled softly. “She goes to these rad-fem meetings but… I think they’re called TERFs or something? But I think they’re more like turds.” She snickered.

“How’d you know?” I whispered; my insides still melting.

“I kind of guessed it from day one…sort of.” She giggled. “You left your hormones out after you showered. I wanted to borrow your blow dryer…remember?”

“Yeah…”

“Well…” She smiled slyly. “I’m always up for a new medicinal experience so I looked them up. When I saw they were heavy duty ‘mones’, other shit began to make sense. Like the fact that you were never totally naked even though the rest of us…including the slut…ran around the place nude at times. I guess Sam knows…right?”

“Yeah… I had to tell her.” I whispered.

“That was when she blew you off?” Jeanie’s eyes bugged.

“Yeah…” I sighed. “But she got over it. I never would have gotten over her. She meant too much to me.”

“But you still have…”

There was no way I could let her finish her thought.

“Sometimes things are just…fated? We seemed to need each other and that need overcame my…short comings?” I blushed and gazed down at my hands.

“Not much there…huh?”

“Nopers…”

This was getting a little more than painful. But I couldn’t ignore Jeanie’s…curiosity? I shook my head, still looking down.

“Well I’m certainly not going to out you to anybody; especially Pat. She thinks you and Sam are the most epically romantic pair since…Juliet and Juliet?” She snickered. “So…how’s engineering school?”

At that moment Pat walked into the quad. And thankfully so because the two of them together were comic relief personified. So in between them bickering and joking, their incessant texting, a joint and some wine, my mood returned to it’s usual calm and placid place.

Later that night, Sammie and I spoke about what had occurred.

“Look baby girl… These things are just part of life. You’re lucky Jeanie decided to speak to you about it. In spite of her being shallow, insipid, ditzy, vain, immature, boring as all fuck, and generally a waste of time, she is a good friend to you. And she never outed you to Pat…or anybody else for that matter.”

Wondering when Sammie would run out of negative descriptors for Jeanie, I had to laugh at her summation. But Sammie was right. Jeanie always made sure I looked good before meeting up with Sammie for any reason. I mean you don’t just loan out fine jewelry to anyone…you know?

“I know this is the first time you had to deal with this. But I promise you it won’t be the last. If I…of all people…could get past it, others will need to. You’re way too… You are way too fucking amazing for people not to get past it. And if they can’t get past it…fuck them!” She laughed. “They’re not worth giving the time of day to anyway.”

Sammie was right of course. She always was right. And I must admit that getting past my rebirth was not nearly as hard as getting past my…gift…my weird abilities? The people who had the hardest time getting past me being who I am were the one's in Sammie’s lab. These were post doctoral and doctoral candidates. They simply couldn’t believe the rate I was learning at. And Jessie physically trembled every time I reviewed her work!

It got to the point where I was overseeing their work when Sammie had a meeting to attend or some other faculty duty. I really hated the paper work involved but I trudged through it. And, on top of that, I still had my assignments in the lab. But the more work I had, the happier I seemed to feel. I truly felt like I couldn’t be busy enough!

And…to add insult to injury…sort of…after I solved five consecutive math and programming problems issued by the faculty, I was asked by the Dean to stop handing them in! I was solving them so quickly that nobody else had a chance to really test themselves. I still did them anyway but just had them checked. They were puzzles and puzzles were my idea of having fun.

The really big question on everybody’s mind was why this ‘gift’ wasn’t discovered and acted upon sooner. Instead of being a seventeen-year-old student I could have been a seventeen-year-old PhD….? As if...! So my dad went for a sort of normal early teens. It didn’t really make a difference to me. The titles and all that crap really meant nothing anyway. Jessie was proof of that.

But after all is said and done, and the travails of the day have ended, she and me could finally just be ‘we’. We could sit in front of the large screen and eat…and cuddle. Sammie loved a ‘good’ lesbian rom-dram. Although there were a few I really liked, it was more for the universal themes I picked up on.

Sammie did love her adventure, sci-fi, and action flicks though. She simply adored Jason Statham…but for his athletic prowess only. She hated the fact that he was boffing Rosie Huntley-'What’s her name'. Sammie felt that any woman who looked that good should be a lesbian.
Sammie watched every ‘Alien’ flick. Sigourney Weaver in a perspiration soaked tee shirt was worthy of adoration. And Emily Blunt in ‘Sicaro’ and ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ was the epitome of feminine physical strength.

What did I like? I liked any flick that was well done. And if it was well done and I was still unengaged, I’d stick my tongue in Sammie’s ear…or belly button. And if that didn’t work...as if...I always had a textbook nearby to go through. Of course there were more plays and concerts and dances to take up any slack.

We were always doing something even if that something was really nothing. And it was very good for me. I was actually kind of maturing…rapidly. Although for sure a lot of my innocence kind of wore off, some things more important was taking its place; knowledge, poise, a small degree of wisdom, and responsibilities to, and for, others.

But my inner child always ran close to the surface and I loved to play almost as much as I loved to learn. And I was…in my father’s words…‘toughening up’. Oddly enough though wholly understandably, Sammie was softening up. She could relax with me. She could say anything and everything to me. Sammie’s sharp edges were becoming slightly rounded and her inner child was becoming easier to see.

We had the occasional pillow fight. We wrestled. Well…I wrestled and Sammie simply giggled and put me on my back with one hand. We even bought ourselves a toy; a remote controlled drone so we could spook around campus and buzz people we didn’t care for.

We even managed to get to the beach on occasion. With her schedule, my schedule, and our schedule, this proved to be a difficult, but worthwhile treat. Leaving early, we’d arrive at Bill Baggs Park. We would get there just as the park opened and we often brought our breakfast as well. Sammie would spread out the beach towels and I did the same for our breakfast.

“You’re particularly doe-eyed today baby girl.” Sammie snickered.

We would pick from the cheeses and crackers, the fresh cut fruit, and cut meats I got when we went shopping. But I just wouldn’t take my eyes off of Sammie. Simply looking at her smiling and totally at ease was amazing. Just how amazing? I thought I dripped into my swim suit. So I answered by shrugging my shoulders and giggling stupidly.

Between the food, the sand between my toes, the aroma of the sea, the amazing view of Biscayne Bay, and my honey, I was overwhelmed by emotion. I would need to lean forward and hug her. It wasn’t one of those ‘let’s get naked’ hugs. Nor was it one of those ‘I’m so glad we’re here together’ hugs.

It often was one of those soul melding hugs. It was one of those hugs where you no longer really feel the physicality of the object of your attentions. It was one of those hugs where words are so very unnecessary…and even intrusive. It was one of those hugs where you really didn’t need to think what was on the other’s mind. You simply knew because you were thinking and feeling the same things.

What were the chances of a seventeen year old sophomore and a twenty-five year old PHd. becoming so close so quickly without boring the crap out of one another? And when one thinks of our differences, the entire thing becomes even more…weird? Just the very idea of us communicating on the same level was even weirder.

Truth is a very strong thing. Truth is way stronger than facts. That much I learned in my stats class. Percentages are facts. And they are always skewed in one way of another. But a truth is rock solid. And the truth was that we were totally infatuated with one another. It would have been presumptuous to say we were in love. But then again, words are always intrusive.

The water was too cold for us to swim in. Being South Florida girls, if the water temperature is less than eighty degrees, it’s too cold for us. When we see people in the water in February, we know they’re from way up north. So we often just walked along the beach with an arm around each other’s waist. And we would walk ankle deep in the water. I would even wet my face and neck to have the aroma of the sea for a little longer.

“I think I want to come out to Pat.” I said on one of our trips to the beach.

Sammie stopped walking.

“Why…?” She asked in amazement. “Didn't you say she's a TERF or something?”

“Yeah…” Lilted I. “But I feel bad that Jeanie knows and she can’t tell Pat. I hate the thought of her having to keep secrets from Pat…you know?”

“Yeah…” Sighed Sammie. “Jeanie is cool. But Pat…? You need to be prepared if she opens up her mouth. I mean this campus is pretty loose but…you never know.”

“Yeah…” Sighed I. “The haters are everywhere.”

Whoever said experience is the best teacher never mentioned the harshness of the lessons. We both knew from experience even if Sammie’s lessons were harsher than mine. But Sammie was being Sammie…overly protective…as usual. She just wanted to make sure that this was what I really wanted do and that I knew the possible consequences.

Even that conversation couldn’t ruin the mood I was in. When we returned we both spend an undue amount of time scraping the sun screen off one another in the shower. Whilst being endowed with a pasty white complexion is often a dream, the consequences of the sun are all too often a nightmare.

After resting and cuddling and…well…you know, we got about the rest of our day. Sammie was on her puter and I was on mine doing homework of sorts. I was finishing up the text on Python when I got a text. The only people that ever texted me were Sammie…of course…and my father. I gazed up at Sammie who was already anxiously gazing at me.

“It’s Jeanie.” Of course… “She wants to know if we want to have din with her and Pat.”

Sammie gazed off for a moment and then back at me.

“What do you feel like doing?” She asked.

Thinking for a moment as I bit my lip in thought, I replied.

“Sure… Why not…?” I arched my brows. “I mean they’re nice enough. And it’s Pat’s birthday. I think it’s kind of sweet that they want us to celebrate with them.”

“Okay…” Sammie shrugged. “I can handle them for a dinner at least.” She chuckled. “Give her a call.”

Tapping in her number, I knew I wanted to make the call short. It was not the time to get into a conversation with her. I was too close to finishing the text and I didn’t want to be distracted. And so it was…quick that is.

“They have a reservation at the River Oyster Bar?”

“Oh shit…!” Sammie made a sour face. “Downtown…? What time is it for?”

“She said five?” I grinned. “And she said she’s paying.”

“In that case…we’ll drive.” Sammie snickered. “I only hope she knows with whom she deals. I am super hungry.”

“I don’t think she really cares? She wants to go all out I guess.”

“Well…” Sammie sighed and smiled. “We should dress up a little for this. Call her back and tell her we’ll offer to drive.”

So I did and Jeanie gladly accepted. And dress up we did. Sammie even wore her ‘meeting the grantor’s’ outfit complete with her black lace tie around the collar. And I wore my best Saturday night skirt and top. It also happened to be my best Friday and Sunday night skirt and top. You know what I mean.

Anyway…Jeanie and Pat didn’t disappoint. Jeanie looked amazing in this painted on little black dress. Her jewelry sparkled in her ears, on her neck, and on her wrists and fingers. Pat…like Sammie…was in her best soft butch trousers, blouse, and blazer. She and Sammie could have been…sisters…sort of?

The drive into Miami was way more than interesting. When we very rarely have someone else in the car, I restrain myself to touching Sammie’s hand…at the most! Of course when we’re by ourselves…which is most of the time…we both find the need for more than just a hand touching…you know?

But not Jeanie and Pat... Nooo…not them! They were everything but naked in the back seat. Well maybe they really weren’t all that. But I definitely was not accustomed to epic heavy making out in public.

“Hey…!” Sammie laughed. “Give me a break! I can’t see out the rear view mirror.”

“Oh…!” Pat blushed and giggled. “Sorry… I got carried away.”

“So what do you guys think?” Jeanie snickered. “Jep…? Panie…? Jap would definitely not work on many levels.”

“What…?” I had no idea.

“You guys are joking…right?” Sammie asked seriously.

“Did what you see look like a joke?” Pat laughed. “We could go further if you’d like you know.”

“Ummm… No thank you…” Sammie grinned. “But thanks for asking.”

Suddenly I got it. The big ‘it’…! I turned as much as I could with the seat belt on and I totally gawked at them.

“But…” I was almost too stunned to speak. “You’re not gay…are you?”

“I don’t know?” Jeanie grinned and shrugged her shoulders. “Maybe I’m bi or something. Anyway...at the moment…and into the foreseeable future…I’m gay as all fuck!”

“You guys have known each other forever.” Sammie stated.

“Yeah…” Pat smiled at Jeanie warmly. “Like…truly forever…”

“I mean…” Jeanie smiled and did that ‘goo-goo’ baby eyed thing at Pat. “We just always seem to get along…you know? It’s like I eat beans and she farts.”

We all broke up in laughter only for different reason. As Jeanie and Pat spoke about one another, I glanced at Sammie who smiled knowingly back at me. They could have been speaking about us!

“And I never knew I could have so many or… Ouch…!”

Pat jabbed Jeanie with her elbow and we both chuckled.

“It opens up a whole new world of possibilities…huh?” Sammie laughed.

“Well…?” Jeanie lilted. “It certainly is different.” She snickered.

The entire way up to Miami…and through dinner no less…they talked about each other. But the dinner more than made up for the ‘maple syrup’! We had fish many different ways; of course different kinds of fish…actually…seafood?

We had raw seafood, semi-raw seafood, semi-cooked seafood, and…of course…cooked seafood. We had everything from prawns to oysters, of course octopus (a Miami benchmark for great food), grouper, snapper, tuna, and crab.

Pat and Jeanie were just ordering things just to see if they liked them. Of course they ordered enough, double on some things, so that we could easily share. And Jeanie ordered a bottle of champagne with the raw stuff and crab, and then a bottle of really good white wine for the other stuff. They were celebrating big time.

What could we do? We’d been where they were although we weren’t quite as touchy feely in an overt manner. But Sammie was in a good mood and if she was…I was. And we both were joyous for them, with them, and with ourselves. We smiled knowingly at each another and we held hands beneath the table. The ride back toward campus was filled with the good spirits that come with excellent food and enjoyable company.

“At least you guys have a real bedroom.” Jeanie whined on the way back. “We have to push two singles together. And those fucking metal frames…!”

“Listen…” Sammie gazed in the rear view mirror. “We have that extra bedroom. If you guys don’t mind sleeping on a futon…”

“Well…” Jeanie lilted. “Normally I wouldn’t hesitate jumping at it but…” Her eyes became like big saucers as she gawked at Pat. “I really wanted tonight to be special so I booked a room at the Biltmore.”

Of course...! The Biltmore…!

“Well we could drive you there if you’d like?” Sammie smiled. “That’s the least we could do after that amazing meal…and your amazing company.” Sammie sighed and smiled. “Do you need to stop at the dorm to get your overnights?”

“No…” Jeanie chirped as she hugged Pat’s arm. “We spent last night there as well.”

Of course…! The weekend…! At the Biltmore…!

“You guys should come in and have a drink with us.” Pat said gleefully.

“Yeah…” Jeanie sang out. “That would be perfect.”

Of course...! A drink...! At the Biltmore...!

We glanced at each other and smiled. We both really would have rather been at home. Okay…so now it’s ‘home’. But in truth...the apartment wasn’t really home. Wherever my Sammie was, was home to me. But the slightly lecherous gleam in Sammie’s eyes told me where she really wanted to be. She nodded ever so slightly to me.

“Sure…” I grinned. “That would be totally epic. I’ve never been there before.”

“You’re going to…” Sammie paused and snickered. “You’ll find it…interesting.”

Pat and Jeanie then commenced to give me a virtual tour on Pat’s phone. Each took turns speaking as Pat flipped through pictures. And through all this, Sammie sat snickering and grinning. I sort of tuned them out? I mean…I was going to be there anyway. And I couldn’t really relate to the parties and the events they spoke about.

Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw…what I encountered really. The place was truly opulent! Columns, marble flooring, elegant plush furnishings, and bustling uniformed workers completed the picture of something out of a nineteen thirty’s movie. Elegant area rugs and small palms only added to the aura elegance.

This had none of the glitz and chintz of the beach hotels. It’s like those hotels were for the tourists from up North. Being the only one never at the hotel before, I felt so very small and insignificant? My mouth and eyes were agape at ever turn as I were led to the elevators.

Though a drink at the bar sounded delightful, Pat and Jeanie were determined to bring us up to their suite. We walked into a large…reception area I guess? And it was every bit as elegant and tasteful as the lobby. Brightly colored birthday balloons and bouquets of exotic flowers were everywhere. Sammie was just as stunned and taken by the sight.

“Well you sure didn’t spare any expense.” Sammie said softly as she glanced around. “This…” She waved her arm around room. “…is fucking awesome.”

“Yeah…” Pat lilted. “We did go a little crazy.”

“But we really wanted to do something special; especially since our sleeping arrangements are not exactly…ideal.” Jeanie began and sighed.

“It’s having to fuck with a center divide in the bed.” Pat snickered.

“But wait…!” Jeanie’s eyes lit up. “You haven’t seen the best part! This is where we’ll have the cake and port.”

Jeanie rushed over to large double doors and pushed them open. We went to look and found a lovely terrace complete with a table, chairs and loungers. The terrace looked down upon the expansive courtyard and the enormous pool and beautifully lit fountain. The manicured foliage and colorful ambient lighting presented a wonderful picture of luxury.

“This is amazing.” I whispered as I took the entire view in. “And what’s out there?”

“Oh…” Jeanie grinned. “That’s the golf course. My dad is a member here.”

Of course…! A member…! The Biltmore no less…!

Sammie and I just smiled at one another. Words…well…they didn’t matter. It’s just that some people are born lucky?

“Why don’t you guys have a seat and I’ll get the goodies.” Jeanie chirped.

“I’ll come and help.”

“That’s my wife.” Sammie chuckled.

Sammie and Pat sat down and began talking as we went in to get…whatever. The bar had a refrigerator as well as small plates and, of course, wine glasses. I got the utensils and stuff whilst Jeanie took out a four amazing chocolate-chocolate, whip creamed, topped with chocolate dipped strawberries, cupcakes. Jeanie placed a candle in each and we proceeded to bring everything out on two trays.

After we’d set everything out appropriately, Jeanie lit the candles.

“Happy Birthday sweetheart…” She lilted.

We sang the perfunctory ‘Happy Birthday’ song with ample animation. Oddly enough, Pat became emotional and with a tear falling from each eye she smiled. She smiled warmly at Jeanie as she blew out the candles.

“Do you remember my sixteenth?” She asked softly.

“Yeah…” Jeanie snickered. “We trashed that hotel for sure.” She gazed at us. “There were twenty kids invited to a sleep over and fifty showed up. Her parents were going crazy trying to keep up.” She laughed. “And that pile on…? Like the first ever…!”

“Well this…?” Pat wiped her tears with the napkin. “This was the best ever.”

“You know what that’s called?” Sammie smiled warmly.

“No…” Pat sniffled again.

“Maturity…” Sammie grinned.

“Yeah…” Pat turned the corners of her mouth down. “I guess…?”

“How old are you now?” I said between bites of the cupcake and sips of the amazing port.

“Oh God…” Pat sighed. “Twenty…?”

“Twenty…? Then how are you two ordering alcohol?” Sammie snickered and looked at Jeanie.

“The best fake IDs money can buy?” Pat chuckled and grinned wickedly.

“We do have an announcement to make.” Jeanie said excitedly as she bounced in her chair.

“You two are getting married.” Sammie laughed. “To each other…”

“Well…” Jeanie lilted. “Not exactly… We’re moving in together.”

“But you already live together.” I’m so clueless.

“Yeah…” Jeanie said, her eyes filled with glee. “But now we’ll share the same bed. We’re getting an apartment in the same building as you guys. And…” She added joyfully. “We’ll be neighbors!”

“Yeah… There’s only one problem with that.” Sammie said wryly. “We’ll be moving off campus next semester. My dispensation from the Pope has ended and they want the apartment for students.”

“Crappers…!” Jeanie spat. “I thought we’d be neighbors.”

“She wants to have my babies.” Pat laughed.

That thought never occurred to me. But it must have been lying dormant in the recesses of my mind because that announcement felt like a knife piercing my heart. Having babies is the one thing I would never be able to do. And dear Jeanie…bless her soul…suddenly blushed remembering the truth…about me.

“Pat…!” She exclaimed in an admonishing tone as her face became scarlet. “Was that really necessary?”

“No…” Pat giggled. “But it is so very lesbian.” She crooned and then lilted. “Our babies…”

A respite was definitely called for.

“I need to pee.” I whispered to Jeanie.

“Let me show you where.” She hopped up with a grin…and a sigh of relief?

“I’m really sorry about that.” Jeanie whispered as we walked. “I didn’t tell her and I never expected her to say that.”

“It’s okay. You're my eternal love for keeping…for…for not telling her.” I hugged her.

"I would never out anyone...especially you." Jeanie whispered and smiled wickedly.

As we entered the bathroom, I was struck by the huge tub in the center. Jeanie must have noticed.

“Like it?” She giggled.

“It’s amazing!” I squealed with joy. “It’s truly epic.” I gazed at Jeanie. “Does it have those jet thingies?”

“Indeed it does.” She lilted and grinned. “And yes… We both fit in it…comfortably.”

“I want one!” I snickered.

Walking to the toilet, I turned and began to lower my panty when I remembered.

“Oh…” I bushed.

“You want me to leave?” Jeanie asked sincerely.

“Nopers…” I shook my head and sighed. “There’s nothing there you haven’t seen before.”

Hitching up my skirt from the rear, I lowered me panty and sat. As I hutched over with tissue in my hand, I pondered my answer. I certainly didn’t want to embarrass Sammie. The very thought of her even looking at it was ample proof of her courage. But disclosing the total truth…?

“And what little I have…? It isn’t even worth mentioning.” I frowned.

“And Sammie’s okay with that…with it?” Jeanie was amazed and her face showed it.

“She says it’s more like a big bean?” I sighed again. “And we just have this…attraction that seems to overrule everything else.”

“That is so fucking beautiful.” A tear actually fell from her eyes. “I guess that is so…lesbian?” Jeanie giggled.

We spoke for a wee bit longer. Well…actually Jeanie spoke mostly about Pat and how amazing she was. Of course from the dreamy look in her eyes I immediately knew she was speaking about how good the sex was. I’ve had that look after one of Sammie’s marathon sessions. Upon finishing, I wiped and redressed as demurely as possible.

“God…” Jeanie exclaimed. “You pee just like the rest of us.” But before I could retort, she spoke again. “But I guess you are one of us.” She grasped my hand.

Understanding what she meant, I clasped hers and we returned to the balcony. Sammie gazed at me with an amused expression. She really didn’t need to say it. But she did.

“You can spend more time peeing than…than I can spend in the gym.”

My scowl said everything that words would fail to do. Sitting down and deep in thought, I quickly downed my glass of port. Jeanie instantly refilled my glass. And whilst the conversation continued in good spirits, I made a decision. I needed to come out to Pat but I also needed to do it with Jeanie present. Just to cover her silence…her discretion?

The ramification could be devastating…to say the least. Pat’s birthday could be ruined. She could hate me for being…me. It would then ruin my friendship with Jeanie. Sammie would be embarrassed. And the list went on. All my reason and logic told me not to do it. But all my intuition told me it was the right thing to do. So...I took another big swig of the port.

“I have something to tell you guys.” I squeaked.

“Don’t tell me.” Pat grinned. “You’re pregnant with Sammie’s baby.”

“Pat…!” Jeanie elbowed her…stoutly.

“That’ll never happen.” I gulped and sighed. “I wasn’t born with the right plumbing.”

Everyone froze. Jeanie turned pale and gawked at me. Sammie…? She was expressionless though she did grasp my hand. Pat simply stared.

“Wait…! What…?” Pat said quickly as she shook her head.

The silence was deafening. Suddenly, I could see the light bulb in her head flash on…and quite brightly.

“You mean your trans?” Her voice dropped as much as her jaw. “I don’t believe you!”

‘Here it comes’ I thought. Total social death and emotional devastation by my own hand…or I should say my own mouth? Pat stared at me, and then at Sammie. Sammie smiled and nodded at her.

“Did you know about this?” Pat demanded of Jeanie.

“I wanted to tell both of you at the same time.” I quickly saidt. “You guys are my only friends on campus…in the whole world for that matter.”

“So what am I? Chopped liver…?" Sammie grinned.

Chopped liver…?

“You’re something more.” I leaned over and kissed her cheek. “But you two…” I turned toward Pat and Jeanie. “You two are very special in my life and I don’t want to have secrets from you.”

“And you’re okay with this?” Pat asked Sammie.

“Trust me.” Sammie chuckled and grinned. “You really wouldn’t notice the difference.”

Not a complete lie by any means… Maybe not even a little white one… Sammie was so good with language.

“This must have been very hard for you to do.” Pat said softly.

She got up from her chair and came around to me. Pat hugged me and kissed my cheek.

“I’m really happy you did this.” She said as her emotions began to rise.

“But I thought you were a TERD or something.” Jeanie whined. “I mean you went to those meetings and all.”

Pat broke into laughter.

“I was trying to hook up with somebody. It’s not like lesbians grow on trees or something. And I wanted at least three separations between whoever and my last girlfriend. But those skanks were way too weird for me.” Pat shook her head. “You’ll get it eventually.”

Jeanie shrugged and grinned at me.

“I think it’s epic that you came out to us.” Pat looked at me again. “It’s such a special gift when you tell someone that you have such trust in them. This truly is a great birthday present.”

And her smile glowed.

With my drama over, we enjoyed the rest of the evening…and the port. When Sammie got up to use the bathroom, I began my goodnight thingie. The girls and I felt a new closeness and they didn’t hesitate to let me know with hugs and kisses and a promise for a pajama party before Sammie...before we had to move. Calmness overcame me as we began to drive home. I hugged Sammie’s arm, rested my head against her shoulder, and sighed softly.

“You okay?” She asked. “That was a very brave thing you did.”

“Yeah…” I lilted. “I’m okay.”

“Then why so quiet…? It’s not that baby crap is it?”

“Well… Maybe that too…” I mumbled.

“That too…? What else is there?” She stole a quick glance at me.

“I would really love a bath tub like the one they had in the suite.” I sighed softly…again. "One we can both fit into?"

Sammie laughed all the way back to the campus.

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My kind Kelly...

Andrea Lena's picture

I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks…

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Emma is the sun.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Great Story

Kelly, you really have me hooked on this story, I love it.
Thank you for taking the time to write it and share it with us.

Those bathtubs are AMAZING

But seriously, what Emma did was so brave, I was on tenterhooks. Great story. Enjoying it a lot as I sit here with the whirlpool easing my muscles.

>>> Kay

Sure hope there's more

Jamie Lee's picture

Sure is bad when an undergrad is checking the work of a PhD, it says something about the PhD. But there is a difference in research work and practical applications, applications that have to work as designed.

Sam and Emmie are kindred spirits, soulmates who complete the other. And in the completeness they will do great things together.

Sure hope there's more of this great story.

Others have feelings too.