Diane's ballet costume - part 2

Printer-friendly version

sammi.jpg

When Danny’s mom give him the green velvet and blue bottom ballerina costume, he wanted to jump through the ceiling. After trying it on, he was in heaven. It was soft, pretty and hid his boy parts. All he could think of was dancing like the other girls and being with them on the dance floor.

When he got home from school, mom was there, looking a bit scornful. “Your teacher emailed me today, saying you weren’t paying attention in class. She said all you did all day was giggle. It disrupted the class, and made her angry. What is going on young man?”

“Mom, all I could think of was ballet class and wearing that gorrrrrrgeous costume you bought me. I loved it and I love ballet and love dancing and love everything about it.” The words were flying out of his mouth so fast Mom couldn’t catch everything he was saying.

“Take it easy dear, I know you are excited. I love that you want to do ballet, and with your body, you will probably be better than your sisters, just don’t tell them I said that. After all, you are smaller than they were at your age, and you have such soft, delicate features. You hair is a sweet blonde, and your thingy down there probably won’t ever grow much. Or at least I hope not.”

“But school comes first, or no ballet.”

“I’m sorry Mommy. But some of the girls I know at school were so excited when I told them about taking ballet. They couldn’t believe that you bought that costume for me.”

“Oh my, so you told them all, and they were happy for me. They said I am so lucky to be dancing rather than playing sports and getting all muscly. They said I could be one of them, and when I told them you wanted me to let my hair grow, they giggled. But then some of the guys heard.”

Danny’s voice dropped off.

“And son?”

“They weren’t so nice, they called me a sissy and a fag, and one boy, Rob, said that I was a pussy. All I wanted to do was cry.”

“Well honey, that’s the problem with boys, and all men, they can be so mean and disgusting, not like you. I promise if you listen to me you’ll always be soft and sweet, and lots of people will love you.”

“Really?”

“Yes, but school matters, understand!”

“Yes, but then Rob came over to me and said that he wanted to see me in my costume. He also told me he had to say the mean things because the other kids would make fun of him if he was nice to me. But then he walked home with me. I am so confused. Mom why are people mean?

“Because they can be. But I think Rob may actually like you but doesn’t want to let on. So why not invite him over to play one day and maybe he’ll help you practice your dancing.” Mom smiled a knowing smile.

“For now honey,” she continued, “Miss Tiller called me. She told me about a kid in another one of her classes, his name is Sam, but everyone calls him Sammi. She thinks you might like to take classes with Sammi instead of your sisters since he’s only a year older. Plus one of your sisters goes to school with his sister and thinks you two will hit it off. And then who knows, maybe you and Rob and Sammi can become friends.”

“Really?”

“We’ll see, but for now, you need to practice, and I bought you a practice costume. It’s the one Miss Tiller has all her girls wear. Your sister has hers on, why don’t you go up and put yours on and then you can practice. After that, young lady, it’s homework and your promise that you will behave in school like a good girl. Understood Diane.”

Danny’s face glowed whenever his mom called him Diane.

“Of course Mommy.” With that, Diane ran upstairs, put on the practice costume and then ran into his sister’s room where she sat down next to Diane and began telling her sister all about Sammi.

up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Keep writing

Your story is developing slowly and can go in many directions as it develops. Please continue.

Hiker_JPG_1.jpg