Sorority Boy : 8

Printer-friendly version

Caitlin returns home and tries to find a way to relax. It looks as if her Pledge Class isn't letting that happen.

Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. There should be no way that these characters are like anyone else, but if that isn’t the case, it has definitely been unintentional. Also, if you happen to find that your life is represented in these pages, I’ll be impressed.

Sorority Boy
By poetheather
Chap 8

After dropping Becca off at her apartment, Merri and I headed back to the House. I was tired but I did feel better. The time with my mom had been wonderful and something I had really needed after all of this insanity. I had been almost normal, except for the breasts.

We made it back in time for lunch and after making it through the meal and plenty of thanks I headed up to the room I shared with Meredith. I sat down heavily on my bed and grabbed my bear, hugging him tightly. In just a short time my life had become utterly toppsy turvey and it was my fault. I had done this to myself and there really was no other way to look at it.

Why a Sorority? Why go after something like that? I hadn’t thought about that earlier, preferring to just go with the idea rather than thinking it through. Inn a way I should have known that the girls would have changed the dress codes to make it more “feminine”. That was an obvious and easily allowable move. So why had I not even considered it. The whole things made me think that I wanted this to happen. Did I?

I couldn’t be sure, as I was certain I didn’t want anything like that but then again I wasn’t certain I didn’t. The same damn questions and doubts over and over, like a loop. So what did I know?

I knew that I wanted to give this a fair and honest shot, at least a semester. I knew that if I was okay with things that I would spend all four years here as Caitlin rather than Richard. I knew I preferred Cait to Dick any day of the week. I knew that while I wasn’t overly pleased with the clothes I could live with them. I knew that I loved Meredith and would probably have never met her without this stupid stunt. I knew that I could do this, even though the dating guys thing was bothersome. I knew I enjoyed kissing Paul, in a way I really didn’t want to further explore. I knew that I liked the girls of the House and my fellow Pledges. I knew I could do this, it just that part of me wasn’t sure I really wanted to do this.

I felt like a dog biting it’s own tail.

I sat there, hugging my knees to me, aware that this was a very feminine position. They really had done a number to me already. I wasn’t sure what to do so I just sat there.

A knock brought me out of my revere. I looked up and Sarah was looking in at me. “Caitlin, I just came in to check up on you.”

I waved her in. She had her medic’s bag with her and was smiling. “Well, you don’t look worse for well. I take it your trip was restful?”

“Yeah it was. A few moments of excitement but nothing like Rush week.”

Sarah took my hand and checked my pulse, watching her watch. “Well, your pulse seems fine. Do you still have any weakness?”

“No. I’m just a bit tired, but that’s nothing new. I haven’t really been sleeping well since this whole thing started.”

She seemed to be considering this then asked, “Did you used to sleep on your stomach?”

“Hunh? I mean, some, why?” That confused me. Why the hell would that have to do with my ability to sleep?

Sarah closed the door and sat down on the bed. “Since you have breasts now you won’t really be able to sleep on your chest. The pressure can keep you from really resting. It’ll take a while to get used to sleeping differently, but you can do it. Try some Melatonin until you get used to sleeping on your back. It can help you sleep deeper and hopefully get more rest.”

I nodded. “Thanks. I’ll try that.”

“Good. Now, you just rest. There really is no need to overstress yourself out at this point. The semester’s young.”

“Thanks Sarah.”

“No problem. Take care.” I watched her leave. Could these damn breasts be getting in the way of my sleep? Just what I needed, more stupid breast tricks.

I had no idea what I wanted to do with the rest of my day. Maybe I should go for a walk on campus and try to get a feel for the place, after all I had classes there really soon. Knowing your way around any place always struck me as important.

I headed out, taking my time on the walk, looking at all the buildings and marking down where some of my classes were held. The campus was huge but beautiful. The red brick and grey stone buildings were awesome and trees lined many of the paths. There were several gardens about with bright flowers and some of the walkways were lined with bushes. I really liked just the look of the school. Sure the reputation of the school was in its instructors, but the place looked conducive to education.

There were other students walking around enjoying the sights. I just lost myself in moving and enjoyed things. I felt kind of at peace with myself. It wasn’t anything world-shaking, just some time where no worries or fears filled my head, making me doubt everything I had done so far. It was just nice to get lost outside of my own thoughts and in sensation.

I wandered into the Library building and went in to wander the stacks. The main part of the building was nice but the stacks were huge. So large, as a matter of fact, that they had to have half levels. Being short paid off in not feeling claustrophobic by the densely packed books. I was still trying to figure out the pattern when I realized that it wasn’t Dewey Decimal. Crap. Did I have to learn a new method for organizing books?

I headed down to the information desk and saw that they had tours of the Library. That would help. I signed up for a tour tomorrow, so I could get back to the House and get some dinner, besides I think there was something I was supposed to do tonight. I couldn’t remember. I know there wasn’t anything official for the House, as Meredith would have reminded me.

I was a bit surprised when my cell phone rang. I got it out of my purse and answered. “Hello?”

“Caitlin?” The voice sounded familiar but I wasn’t sure who it was.

“Yes?”

“This is Alison.” I was surprised. I didn’t know that she even had my number. “Can you head over to the student union building right now? The rest of the pledge group is here and we’re having a meeting.”

Okay. I’ll head on over. Give me about five minutes.” I hustled over to the student union building, which was near the library. That certainly helped things.

When I got there Alison was waiting there. She was wearing a black shirt with a smiling skull and crossbones on them and a black plaid mini skirt. I think I was starting to fall in love with the whole Goth look. “Hey there. We’re in the coffee shop.”

I followed her in and most everyone else was there. Dawn seemed to be in charge of things. She was so freaking hot that it distracted me. The last one to arrive was Brittany. “Sorry I’m late. I got held up at the Theatre.”

“No problem.” replied Dawn. “The reason I called us together is that I figured that we need to get to know each other a little.”

Esperanza said, “That makes sense. We are going to be around each other a lot.”

“So, what do we talk about?” asked Amy after she had a sip of her Iced Mocha.

Alison snickered. “Well, we can tell embarrassing stories?”

Devin blushed brightly. She obviously had thought of something. “Can we not do that?”

“We may have to, as part of the whole Pledge thing.” stated Dawn. “We also need to choose Pledge Class officers, which we will need to consider.”

Megan spoke up. “I can do Secretary, if that is a position. I know shorthand and I can write really fast.”

“Any ideas on ways to get to know each other better? I mean, it would make sense if we became friends.” Holly seemed to be thinking of something. “We could always have a slumber party. That would give us the time to find out who we all are.”

As everyone seemed to think this was a great idea, I started to panic. I could get caught and exposed. I felt like this group was diverse enough to accept me, but Nadia had said to not tell anyone. What the hell could I do? I knew I had the latex vagina I could wear, but this might be a common occurrence.

“We can all come over to my place tomorrow,” said Alison. “I have the room and that would let me have some time to clean things up.”

It was a plan. Tomorrow night would be me with these girls, alone, without Becca or Merri to protect me. I needed to talk to Meredith, to see if she had any ideas. I knew she said something about needing a female history but I never figured that I would need it so soon.

“Tomorrow it is.” stated Dawn. “We can order take out and have fun.”

The conversation broke up to smaller groups, talking across the table and such. It was a cacophony of voices and I could feel the world closing in on me. I took some deep breaths, trying to slow my breathing. I didn’t need another panic attack. Sarah would haul me into the hospital if I had another one, and then there would be even more questions. God I’m an idiot.

“Can everyone read it before tomorrow?” said Holly.

I was drawing a blank; however the bright color of Megan’s cheeks made me think that it had something to do with her Fanfic story. Everyone was saying sure and repeating the title. This could be fun and would certainly help me get to know Megan better. But, My Little Pony? I mean, who would write something like that? I guess I would find out.

The conversations wandered for a while, covering all sorts of topics. I really had little to add to anything involving dating or some of their other stories. I just sat there and soaked up everything, like I had when the House was trying to train me in the intricacies of being a girl. It really was the only way to learn.

People started to drift off after a while. I headed back to the House with Dawn and Megan. Megan had gotten over her blushing incident and was bouncy. We talked about classes and what we were hoping to do with our time at the school. I told Dawn I really wanted to see some of her sculpture. It was nice.

I called it an early night after dinner. Sleep would help me more at this point rather than thought. Besides, thought had gotten me into more trouble lately than out. Worrying about tomorrow night would make no difference in what would happen. I changed into my nightgown, crawled under the sheets and tried to drift off to sleep.

Sleep was long in coming, with my mind rolling things over and trying to build the history that Meredith had mentioned. I had to admit that it was odd trying to figure out when I would have started my periods, when I wasn’t biologically equipped. I figured being a late starter would be more in keeping with things.

I was still awake when Meredith got in. “Hey there sweetie, are you okay?”

“Just a bit stressed and worried about tomorrow night.”

“Caitlin, don’t stress. Things will be fine and no one will figure out anything. Now get to sleep.” She kissed me on the forehead and started to undress.

I watched as she took off her clothes, enjoying the sight of her naked body. Merri was beautiful and that made me happy. She pulled on her PJ’s and crawled into bed behind me. Her arms around me helped me to slow my thinking down and finally get to sleep.

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still wishy washy

But understandable. Kinda. Caitlin/Richard's identity is in flux. I love long serials and this one is one of the best. Caitlin does not have a feminine his(her ?)story but then again, being relatively young should be to her/his benefit. The closer you stick to the truth in any lie, the easier it is to carry it off.

I have to admit that being TS, it can be a bit irritating to see this "I am so fucked" attitude Caitlin has at times about her various changes.

While doubts and such are understandable, it is already too much like whining. Stick to your principles - and your word - else you will be just like all of the other hypocrites out there. Like me :). I wonder if Richard could live with that. Half full or half empty time I think. Richard must decide whether he is either gaining more than he is 'losing' by being Caitlin.

It is a testament to Heather's writing that it so engages us readers.

Kim

try to remember kim

that Richard isn't TS or even a crossdresser by HIS standards. so, applying our ""Wanting/Knowing" we are girls in boy bodies"" doesnt apply YET. if he ever gets around to the school counsilor or a therapist, he/we may discover differently and this might get him in a different frame of mood. what we do have still is a boy on a dare/bet trying to live inmersed in a woman's world not really by his intention. the fact his physical BODY belies his masculinity that he passes so well for a girl. He is still of male mind no matter the amount of imersion training he has had, therefore the CONFLICTS he keeps conjuring up for himself, leading to the stress levels he's experiencing.

I suspect at some point a real therapist comes into his life in the storyline and then perhaps he'll/we'll see some real change.

In someways he's created in his mind a two headed monster, one named richard the boy that loosing to Caitlyn whom is the personna he has to live to avoid being outed or worse.

I'm no shrink or really anyone that has answers, but I'd think even a crossdresser would by now be having 2nd thoughts on what Richard is doing. We often put our own experiences into these stories, sometimes forgetting that what we would do based on those experiences, may or may not be what another not having such experiences might do or not do.
I personally think he's better off moving to a FULL TIME Caitlyn and leaving Richard in memories past, but it'll prob. take a counsillor to get him to see this .

let's see what our authoress has up her sleeve. I'm curious of the outcome how she resolves this in development of her charator.

(smiles)

Hmm Understandable that there's some..

confusion in that head. Very much so... Enjoying things that were not dreamed of? Yea. THat might make one's head spin.

Sounds fun though... Not much time to feminize his/her history though... :-) That AND read the fanfic.

Annette

Just so you know, there is

Just so you know, there is My Little Pony fanfic and even one story with a main character named Megan. I had to read some just to make sure of what I had planned. The things I do for you all.

Yeah, Richard/ Caitlin's head's spinning. It takes time to get used to a completely different world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Reading fanfic

Suffering for your art? :-P :-)

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

Surprise, surprise

I was pleasently suprised to see a chapter of one of my favorite seriels posted.

Thank you Heather for another great chapter.

A.A

A real favorite

laika's picture

...series of mine too. The slower pace of Heather's posting these is a little frustrating,
but real life is like that; and how may other series have ground to a halt altogether?
The quality is as good as ever, a naturalness to events, dialogue, etc...
Caitlin's ambivalence used to drive me bonkers, but I'm starting to understand it;
Richard isn't me after all, it's a huge deal to him, he felt himself to be Richard
to a much greater extent than I ever have my fraudulent male persona.
Which isn't to say he's not t.g,; but if he is it's just
a lot more unconscious. We'll see, We'll see...
~~hugs, Laika

Just to update you all on

Just to update you all on the RL front...I have had Bronchitis for 4 months now and I recently screwed up my foot. I have basically slept a lot and that's about it. I am still working on this and have no intentions on giving this story up, at least until I come to some sort of conclusion.

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Long term bronchitis... NO FUN

Been there - done that. Luckily not for 4 months... And, with that I developed Asthma - which remains a literal pain almost two years later. So, I do feel for you. Lung issues are NOT something to laugh at. I hope you're able to sleep well.

Annette

Not really. I have trunks

Not really. I have trunks under my eyes and I am somewhat out of it as a kind of normal thing. My sleeping pills help some, but the breathing is what screws things up. The not being able to rest and thus let my mind do its thing has really been slowing down my writing. I am trying to work on that.

I'll try and keep people updated on the health front.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

*hugs*

The only way I got sleep was Codeine Cough Syrup, and sleeping sitting up. :-( Not the best of things...

Get well soon.
Annette

Steady as She Goes

terrynaut's picture

This is a nicely paced story. I'm looking forward to seeing Caitlin finally starting classes though.

Thanks and please keep up the good work. :)

- Terry

That Caitlin

Needs to simply relax and not worry so much. Hope in time that she can relax after going home for a visit. I wonder if there are other girls like Caitlin on campus?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sorority Boy 7

The story has a neat perspective, something many of us may wish happened, but it happens to Richard who neither planned or wanted it. More dramatic than if one's wish came true and one found so much more involved and consequences and thoughts that were overwhelming.

I feel empathy as we are both in a place we won't back out of, but a future that is some ways feels overwhelming.

Heather, you have written well. The story can be a very light read as I felt for awhile. Now I am finding myself feeling many of my own feelings.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

I was aiming for a story that

I was aiming for a story that was light and easy to connect to, but one that also showed the Greek process accurately and fairly. Too many of the stories that involve Sororities have them being very cruel to the main character and I really did not want that. I wanted to write a different kind of Sorority story with a different kind of Sorority. It made me happy to succeed.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.