Thunder Creek Ranch Chp. 12

Printer-friendly version

Thunder Creek Ranch, Main House:
Erin gets up and heads down to the kitchen. When she walks into the kitchen, she spots Honey starting on breakfast.

“You’re up early.” Erin walks over to the coffee machine and selects her favorite Kcup.

“I thought I would get started on breakfast.” Honey puts the slices of ham steaks on the grill to cook.

“I’ll give you a hand.” Erin finishes fixing her coffee.

“Thanks. Can you start on the eggs, please?” Honey figures she could get the grits going and start making the biscuits.

“Are we having bacon and sausages as well?” Erin walks over to the walk-in refrigerator to grab the eggs.

“Yep, I know how much you enjoy bacon.” Honey knew Erin loved crispy bacon.

“You know me so well.” Erin grabs several slabs of bacon while she is in the walk-in.

Once she has everything she needs. She walks out of the walk-in freezer and over to the counter and sets everything down. Erin grabs the huge cookie pan and lines it with wax paper. She starts slicing the huge slabs of bacon up into thinner slices and places them on the wax paper.

Once the first tray of bacon is done. She starts on the second and third trays. She makes at least six trays of sliced bacon. Once she is done, she puts them in the oven to cook. She takes the ropes of sausages and starts cutting them and placing them on the flat top to cook.

For the next few hours Erin and Honey work on breakfast for everyone. Once the breakfast is cooked and ready. They set it out like a buffet for everyone. The first ones allowed to take first are the kids on the ranch. After the kids are fed first, then pregnant women like Clair and two other women on the ranch.

Once the pregnant women are fed. Everyone else gets in line and goes through to get what they want.

“Erin, you go ahead and fix your plate. I’ll handle everything else.” Honey knew Erin should have gone before everyone, except the kids and pregnant women.

“I’m fine.” Erin grabs a few slices of bacon, a few biscuits, and a plate of eggs.

She makes herself a bacon and egg biscuit. She sits down at her husband's place, which is at the head of the table, and looks towards Clair. A smile appears on her face. It’s been a long time since they have had a baby born on the ranch.

Rebecca comes skipping into the dining room and over to Erin. She places a kiss on Erin’s cheek.

“Morning, Alpha.”

“What am I going to do with you?” Erin looks at Rebecca with a smile on her face.

“Love me like always.” Rebecca skips over to the buffet and fixes herself a plate.

Andrew just shakes his head when he hears his daughter's reply. His wife was walking next to him as they take their place at the table. Andrew’s wife sits on the right-hand side, next to Erin’s chair.

Andrew had fixed himself a plate of food, while his wife fixed herself a bowl of fruit. Andrew has been up since three in the morning researching the drones that had attacked the Ranch a few days ago. His wife had been in a meeting with other faes about the growing number of people who weren’t fae but were being changed into looking like them.

So, far there had been about five groups spread out across the United States. Each group had ten to twelve people per group that have been turned into elves or pixies. The changes had been magical in nature and had occurred in different locations.

Lady Betty was going to send teams out to investigate why people were being changed. That was why Lady Betty wanted to talk with Andrew’s wife. She was going to team her up with a man that had been turned into a fae woman.

Clair looks at everyone at the table and couldn’t believe how many eyes had been on her. Somehow everyone on the ranch knew she was pregnant. She noticed they were keeping a close eye on her. When she asked Stan why everyone was watching her. He explained that there hasn’t been a baby born into the pack since last year when Job and Erin had their son.

They were going to watch her make sure she was protected and nothing went wrong with her pregnancy. Even though he explained things to her, she still feel weird having people she just met, watching over her. She gets up and gets a second plate of food. She couldn’t believe how hungry she was. Normally, she couldn’t eat the platter size portions of food the Were’s did. However, when she became pregnant. She was packing the food away.

“Andrew, have you found out who constructed those drones?” Erin looks over at Andrew. He was her husband second in command.

“No ma’am. Whoever constructed them, may sure to use parts that can be fabricated or bought at any hobby store.” Andrew couldn’t even find any prints or a smell to track. It also didn’t help that the only smell he could smell, was from his hunting rifle.

“Letno, do you know when your guest will be showing up?” Erin looked at her second in charge.

“No ma’am. All I know is, Lady Betty, is sending her to help me out with the investigation.” Letno had some background information on the person coming.

According to what she had learned about the person. They had found an ancient marker that was written in the ancient elven tongue and when they went to remove some moss from it. The magical energies stored in the marker had transformed the person.

When Lady Betty and her wife went to investigate the ancient marker. It looked like it had been struck by lighting. There wasn’t much left of it.

“Has anyone in our area been turned?” Erin was curious.

“Not that I know of. I figure once this other person arrives, we would do some scouting of our territory and go a little further outwards.” Letno takes a bite of her fresh watermelon.

“Let me know what you find out and if need be, I could come out and do an aerial search for you with my armor.”

“That’s if it still fits you, Erin.” Andrew had a smirk on his face. He loved teasing Erin.

“It still fits me.” Erin was going to say, smartass, but she didn’t. She knew Andrew was teasing her.

The rest of the breakfast, general conversation about the activities about the ranch, and what still needed to be were talked about. Erin listens to all her foremen as they discuss the ranch at morning breakfast. She knows, Job will want to know what has been going on since he left.

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not much to this chapter

Samantha Heart's picture

Kind of a dull chapter, but its building up to probably another conformation with the Hunters or HSL.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

The people being changed

Any connection to the blue lace drugs? We do know the type and degree of change can be controlled to produce fae-a-likes and pixie-a-likes as well as a host of other alterations.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Dupe - Delete

Duplicate - Delete


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin