Beauty and the Vial: Tested -11-

Printer-friendly version

Beauty and the Vial: Tested

Chapter 11 ~ Zeus and Penny

By Jo Dora Webster

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How will Penny convince Zeus, Hera and Aphrodite to help?

Chapter 11 ~ Zeus and Penny

It was a high day in the greek religion that Penny got herself ready in Alex's clothes. Waiting for her in her Dorm room was Ariel and Lia to take her to Hera's inner sanctum.

Penelope Anna Megalos stood before her mirror hoping that for the last time she would see reflected Alex's image. She was in Alex's school uniform. She lacked a purse but was carrying a bag containing one of her uniforms which she hoped to be able to wear after her encounter with the Goddesses and perhaps an encounter with the Mighty Zeus, Hera's husband since Lia was also Zeus's Avatar in addition to being Aphrodite's avatar. Ariel was the avatar of Hera. Together she hoped that they would break the curse that Erida, Ares Sister had placed upon her. She had a long life ahead of her if she were able to become worthy to be the next in the family's line of Priestess for Aphrodite in Montine's stead. She had high hopes that if the curse upon her was lifted that also the hatred from Erida which burned in her family would be quenched as well.

"I am ready to go. Thank you for doing this for me, my friends."

"Let us go then" said Ariel. She took the lead with me behind her and Lia behind me as we went deep into Agape Duro.

Finally we came to a pool and Ariel turned back to Lia and me and said, "Dive in behind me and enter the door underwater that I shall open and follow me through into the dry chamber." Ariel dove down and opened a door in the pool wall and swam thru the open door, Following her we swam up and broke the surface of the water walking onto dry land where we found a beautiful Greek temple to Hera. In that antechamber a dry warm wind dried all of us within minutes and our clothes were in as good order as when we dressed in them this morning. Before we were led into the temple, Ariel had a Grecian robe for each of us to wear which had been left for us to change into Lia dropped her glamour and dressed in the Grecian robe. as did Ariel and I did as well, leaving our clothes in the baskets that the robes had occupied. I left my bag of Penelope clothes in the basket with my Alex clothes.

Ariel told us, "We are expected, let us enter with Lia on your right side , Penny and I on your left side. The doors will open of their own accord as we approach them going from the temple common into the inner sanctum."

It happened just as how Ariel described it and we found ourselves in the presence of Zeus, Hera, Aphrodite and Erida held in a rainbow colored cage. We all curtseyed in unison and held our place.

Zeus spoke, "The petitioner may come forward and kneel before us."

I rose and walked before them and kneeled at Zeus' feet and prostrated myself before him. After a moment had passed, Hera reached down and lifted my chin up and smiled upon me so that I could gaze upon them.

Zeus continued,"Erida, sister of Ares, you stand accused of breaking my edict and forcing mortals into your service in Agape Duro and in the mundane settlement of Lamur, GA, US. In addition you stand accused of cursing the line of Aphrodite's priestess which originated in the classic time and extends to the present. You also stand accused of deforming this child and spreading hatred among her family. You are ordered to undo the harm that you have done immediately. I will render you powerless to act against the inhabitants of said town and Agape Duro to infinity and beyond!"

"I hear and I obey father. Let Penelope now be restored to true love's form, forever. Let my curse upon the original Penelope's line be lifted, forever, Let my spirit of hatred be banished from her family, forever. I renounce my claim of bondage to any within the boundary of Agape Duro and Lamur, GA, USA forever. Now let all be done according to your will, Father.

A flash of lightening and a clap of thunder radiated out from the temple into the whole earth. When it touched me, I was immediately transformed to the very image of my 13 year old female self that I had seen in Aphrodite's shrine, the secret place. My spirits rose when I realized that Erida's hatred had been banished from my family and the curse upon our line was lifted. What I did not realize is that seven young women had also been released from their bondage in "The Club" forever.

"Father, I have done as you asked, may I be released now?

"Daughter you have lost. You forget your duty toward all the petitioners.

"Father I relinquish any claim of revenge against the lady Penelope, the lady Ariel and the Dryad Gynylya and to their families and friends forever where ever in the universe their travels take them and I hold all of them harmless in this matter, forever."

A flash of lightning and a clap of thunder originating at the temple radiated out into eternity. I felt like I had dodged a bullet that Zeus had enforced his will against Erida taking revenge against me and mine.

"Erida let you be released and banished from ever returning to this area forever. Let it be done!"

Erida and the rainbow cage vanished. I thought that the proceedings were over but I was wrong. Zeus spoke to me and the words of the oath entered my mind for me to speak.

Penelope, will you swear fealty to Zeus, Hera and Aphrodite?"

"I will"

"I, Penelope, do swear fealty and service unto Zeus, Hera and Aphrodite –

To speak and to be silent,

To do and to let be,

To come and to go,

In need and in plenty,

In peace and in war,

In living and in dying,

From this hour henceforth, until my God release me, Death take me, or the world end."

"I, Zeus."

"I, Hera"

"And I, Aphrodite."

"Hear and shall not forget, nor fail to reward, that which is freely given:

Fealty with love, Valor with honor, and Oath-breaking with vengeance.

Rise, Priestess Penelope, favored of Zeus, Hera, and Aphrodite. Go in our esteem"

I rose and walked back to my place beside Lia and Ariel and curtseyed. Zeus Hera and Aphrodite disappeared. we made our way out to the Temple Common and then back out into the antechamber where the baskets which held our clothes remained. I dressed in my new girl's uniform and it fit perfectly. I placed my male clothes into the bag and folded the Grecian robe and put it back into the basket. Ariel and Lia were done dressing as well. Lia put her glamour back into place as Ariel led us to a ladder which had a trap door that Ariel opened and led us though out back into the forest. I don't know how but I was managing with the 2 inch heeled Maryjane's of the uniform flawlessly even climbing the ladder. Soon we were out of the forest and back to the Lamur Preparatory campus. I broke the silence we had kept ever since we departed the temple.

"Dr. Ariel and Celia, words can not express the gratitude that I feel for both of you. Thru you and my Gods, my world has been rocked! Thank you!"

Dr. Ariel gave me a hug and replied, "It was my pleasure to help you, Penny. I will take my leave of you both. I have duties at Lamur Institute to take care of for now." She left the two of us standing at our school entrance and she drove off.

Celia also hugged me and replied, "It was my pleasure as well to help you Penny. I had your luggage transferred to your girl's dorm room " and the boxes taken out as well so you are officially moved out of the boys dorm and into the girl's dorm. I expect your family will be sending
for you for the summer so we'll see you in September. The dorm room is always yours when ever you need it, Penny"

I went to my dorm room and made a facetime call to Stephanie first. It pleased me that Stephanie gasp when she saw me and I loved seeing her too.

"Penny is that really you?"

"It's really me Stephanie. I'll tell you all about it later. They fixed me and they fixed my family too. Celia says to expect my family to call for me for the summer. I'll be at my house in town just like you will be for the summer. Our dorm will be waiting for us in September. I need to call My aunt and share the good news but somehow I feel she already knows."

"Penny, be good. I love you. See you soon. Goodbye"

"Steph, I love you too BFF. Good bye"

I next phoned Great Aunt Montine with a normal phone call.

"Hello Aunt Montine this is Penny in the genuine flesh. They heard my prayer and the curse is broken on our line and Erida's hate is gone from my family and I will be Penelope Anna for the rest of my life."

"Hello Penny. That is good news indeed. I felt it the moment that it happened. Thanks be to the goddess! I felt it when you were made priestess of Aphrodite as well. I am so happy for you sweetheart. I have a letter that I will send you explaining everything by way of an emissary of Aphrodite and she will bring to you the sacred artifacts passed on from mother to daughter over the ages. I'm not going anywhere and you can visit me in Denver when ever you need me. Thank you sweetheart for calling. I sense that your mother is about to call you so I will let you go. Goodbye, Penny Goddess bless you."

"Good bye Great Aunt Montine, Goddess bless you."

True to her word moments later I received a phone call from Chloe Megalos, my Mother.

"Hello Sweetheart, this is your mother calling. The Hatred left us a little while ago. I've been crying and ashamed at how we have been treating you. Can you forgive me?"

"Hello Mother. a miracle made me your daughter, Penelope Anna Megalos. Of course I forgive you. I love you. I forgive and love all of our family. Please call me Penny."

"Thank you Penny. I am so glad that you are finally your true self. We are going to have so much fun getting you used to being a girl. We're going to have to have a mega shopping trip to celebrate your transition. "

"Mother, I'm not a transgirl, I'm a born girl. I'll need your help with my first period real soon."

" Penny. that's even more of a miracle. Even periods are a promise that one day you'll be able to have a baby. That's a blessing that I dared not ever have for you. You are a true miracle. Penny, we want you to come home for the summer and on weekends and Holidays during the school term. Your Father and I will be coming to get you today so I hope you are packed."

"I'm still packed from moving into the girl's dorm today so I'm ready to come home. I met a wonderful girl named Stephanie in Denver. We are BFF's and her family is military and they are now stationed at Lamur AFB I hope that she will be welcome to visit us as well "

"Stephanie will be welcome in our home any time, Penny. Your father and I will be over in a few minutes to pick you up. Good bye, Penny, I love you. Welcome home!"

" Goodbye , Mother. I love you. It's so good to be home."

Aphrodite appeared in my dorm room looking like the maiden who appeared to the first Penelope in ancient times.

"My priestess you did so well in our audience. I am so proud that you are one of my own. I have many things to share with you but they can wait for you to experience the love of your family first, which is very important. Let me take you to the gates of your school with your luggage so you will be ready to meet your parent's anew. You risked a lot to be my priestess and it pleases me to give everything back to you tenfold. I will not forget the fealty that you swore to me this day and I will keep my commitment to you."

In an instant we were at the school entrance with my luggage.

"I will keep my commitment to you, my Goddess all the days of my life."

"Goodbye my priestess!"

Goodbye my Goddess!"

Aphrodite vanished and my parent's car drove up. My father got out of the car and took my suitcases from me and loaded them in the trunk. Mother got out and they both gave me a hug. My father spoke for both of them.

"Welcome home Penny, my beloved daughter!"

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Beauty and the Vial: Tested is complete

Beauty and the Vial: Tested is complete. You can now read without spoilers the twelfth chapter Epilog which has been updated reflecting the new ending of Beauty and the Vial: Tested. I hope you enjoyed the journey!

Jo Dora Webster