Answer - Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Do telephones distort the truth or give glimpses into reality. Too many times I have been called "Miss" on the phone. Have you?

Answer - Part 1
by
BrandieS

"Hello, Parker residence Joey speaking." I said into the phone.

"Um, uh, can I talk to your daddy?" was the reply.

"Can I ask who's calling?" I replied, grimacing at the phone.

"Uh, he may not remember me, I'm an old friend of his." The voice said guardedly. "Mark Watson."

"Just a moment." I put my hand over the receiver and called out "DAD! PHONE!"

He came into the room and took the phone from me and said into it "Hello?"

"Uh, John, Mark Watson here, I don't know if you remember me but.........."

"Ok, see you then." Dad said as he hung up the phone. Turning he said, "Old college friend of mine coming into town the weekend and wants to take me and MY daughter to diner." He smiled slyly.

I gulped and shook my head.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Missy

BrandieS; Sounds like a good story ready to start? We are waiting! HeHe! Richard

Richard

Why yes I have!

Not only over the phone but drive-thru's and just about any other device that doesn't include a camera. Strange most of the girls immediately pick up my male speech patterns, but no one else does. :) And yes I've been asked out on dates. No I don't swing that way. :) Nice beginning!

hugs

grover

Very good start.

Now we need to see the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. We want you to continue this story and show us just how the dad and son show the dad's college friend a daughter. This so far is promising, and I wouldn't change a word of it, but it definitely needs to be lengthened. Thank you for sharing.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,
Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Notwithstanding Your Blurb.....

the image that I get from that sly smile is a threatening one: it's the father rather than the son who wants Joey to crossdress -- and that's why Joey's scared.

Eric

Distortion or truth?

I don't know but there are times when I answer the phone that the caller thinks it is my wife that is answering. And a couple times, back before the do not call list, those pesky phone sales people got it wrong. Told one one time to understand it was sir if he wanted me to listen to his spiel.

Starts out...

Daphne Xu's picture

... innocently enough. Just a mistake, easily rectified.

-- Daphne Xu