Answer - Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 6 Reunion

Waking in the morning, I didn't know where I was. I looked around at the furnishings. "Damn, not again." I put both feet on the floor and went to the toilet. Sitting I realized that I at least had on the right night gown. After washing my hands, I ran a quick brush through my hair. "Honey, Honey, coffee ready?"

"Yea and we have an early guest."

I pulled a robe off the back of the bathroom door and pulled it around me. I hunted around for a pair of slippers and was soon heading downstairs. I smelled the coffee before I reached bottom.

A cup of the nectar was placed in front of me. "Morning, Pumpkin, this is for you." I took the cup and a kiss, too.

The cup distracted me and I took a sip savoring the release of flavor in my mouth. Looking up I said "Honey, I did it again, didn't I?" I could see a tear in his eye as he looked at me. Off to my side I heard someone clear their throat and looked in that direction. I smiled "Morning, Mark. House call this early?" I teased.

Mark Wilson smiled and replied "Only for special patients."

It all came flooding back to me. I dropped my cup and sat still as both men looked on. I raised a hand and then looked up. "I think I'm better now. I had the dream again last night." My husband smiled weakly and moved to hug me.

Mark watched as I was embraced, then said "I don't know if this is over or not. But you have been making progress. It was a terrible accident and you still have a long way to go, but I think you're on the road to recovery." He smiled.

I held firmy to my husbands hand and looked him in the face "Dearest, I want to be Josey today and for as long as I can."

He pulled me to him and as our lips met, I knew how much I loved that man.

Das est das ende!

Author's Note: I started this to lampoon how some people sound on the phone. As I read your comments, I saw a clear path for continuing with this. I did not want a long drawn out epic, but a piece that would explain the first part and draw the reader in. I hope that I have achieved that purpose. I will say again that I am a newby at writing and thank you for your comments.

In the words of Red Skeleton...May God Bless

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Did I miss something somewhere?

In part 4, Joey was given a sleepshirt to wear to bed. Then in part 5 he had a dream about a mother pushing her son on a swing and then there was a terrible accident. Now in part 6, we find out that Joey is ... what? Is Joey a woman or a man, a boy or a girl? Please answer these questions, because I cannot intelligently comment on parts 5 and 6 until I know.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,
Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

If I follow it, the mother

KristineRead's picture

If I follow it, the mother is having episodes of thinking she is Joey, as a mental breakdown from guilt.

That's how I read it anyway, and I thought it was very well done, at that!

Hugs,

Kristy

All right

that would seem to make sense then. Thank you Kristine.

Be strong, because it is in our strength that we can heal.

Love & Hugs,
Barbara

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Sorry...

It's still not working for me.

"Dearest, I want to be Josey today and for as long as I can."

Is that really her name? Assuming yesterday actually happened, what was she wearing inappropriately before she changed into unisex clothes for dinner? Surely she couldn't fit into her son's clothes if the playground incident was accurate. Was her son really named Joey?

Was the whole delusion triggered by her being asked "is your dad there?" on the phone?

Eric

reunion

For whatever it's worth, my read is that the entire first four chapters are the delusion brought on by chapter five and ended and explained by chapter six.

Ganz Gut,,, das ist das ende!

1955-12y5m.jpg Teddi (when I was more than a "few" years younger, )

God Bless You All...

WOW

I was blindsighted by this one ..I didnot see it comming ... SHURE makes you think ..

A AUTHOR has licence to do many things ... thank you for this .. Rone Welles.. XO

Nightmare

Daphne Xu's picture

Grief induced nightmare, the grief-infested mind doing strange things. Perfectly rational, grief exists solely as something to be dreaded and avoided.

But this was a definite turn of events.

-- Daphne Xu