Shadowsblade: School year 2 Fighting Syndication 1

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.


Fighting Syndication

I have changed the chapter headline from "Stop or my Drow will shoot"....To 'Fighting Syndication' as the story arch changed a few chapters back and I missed it mentally

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour had passed while the Twins talked over the new Pixie Sammi and her arrival at Whateley with Kyley and now both of the twins were still stewing over the conversation between them all. The twins even discussed the matter mentally between themselves long after they left Kyley’s room in Poe...’discussed’...more like argued amongst the pair!

“She should have said something!”
Rohanna mentally barked.

“Yes Kyley should have got us involved sooner and not left us hanging out in the wind to be surprised like this…that…Sammi is our Misty!”
Rehanna nearly sobbed mentally.

“She might be? Or she might be like us…a rebirth of the old in a new sort of way?” Rohanna gave back to her mentally older part.

Mrs Clair smiles to the pair of drow as they come towards her desk, “Well you’re back. I hope all is well and I will not ask what is happening between the both of you and the new student Fae.”

“It’s all very personal Mrs Clair and we will leave it at that.” Rohanna sighs slowly.

“And we are headed back in to New York for a weekend stay and will be working our cop jobs unless Carson has something to say?” Rehanna asked.

“Nope…but I have to ask why do you both like that stuff?”

“I think it’s our ingrained need to serve and protect. We don’t have a Queen to serve and not really enough of us Sidhe about or Fae in great numbers to protect, so we are doing this to keep active and besides we kind of like the feeling of experiencing something new each time we go out with the PD!” Rehanna said while reflecting on why the pair likes the job of being a cop.

“Okay Rehanna I get it and have fun please….lets be careful out there!” Elaine smiled as she quoted the TV show ‘Hill street blues’ to the teens.

~o~O~o~

A Few Hours later in Crystal hall

Both twins were sitting with most of the other Sidhe or Fae of the campus eating and Gwen spots Sammi standing in the food line as she is filling her tray with several sweets and breads, then the winged teen adds a few fresh fruits to balance out the rest of her mid day meal.

“Anyone know the new kid that looks like a giant one of my pixies?” Gwen asks the table of fae teens.

Rehanna gulps down her last bite, then looks over to where Gwen is pointing and spots Sammi standing in line, “You already know her Gwen.” she mutters then goes back to minding her plate of food.

“Ahhh I think I would remember meeting a HUGE pixie and since both of yours…that can be that big are hovering right there,” she points at the pair droning about the table, “She is WAYYYYY new to me!”

Rohanna stops eating long enough to simply state, “You remember last term when we got all confused about the finals and POPPED back to LA and right into a girl’s bedroom closet…that's her,”

“But she was not a Fae back then?”

“She is now…” Is all both say in stereo.

“How did that happen?”

“How did I or we happen?” she said, referring to herself and her own past.

“Ohhh shoot the same way?” Gwen asks, thinking back to a year ago when Rohanna first popped up in LA and came to ARC to get studied!

Rehanna ‘boops’ her own nose with a finger to show that Gwen is dead on point!

Gwen leans down to the table and whispers to the twins, “Maybe we should invite her over to the table and have her eat with us?”

“Or maybe we don’t?” one twin says as Gwen spots a dim flicker of red in her eyes.

“You might not get that choice you two?” Gwen smiles as Sammi spots the table full of Fae on the upper level of crystal hall.

Rohanna slightly waves to Sammie as she mumbles, “Please don’t come over here, we are not really ready to deal with you YET!”

Sammie waves back and starts walking up the stairs their way…”JORA!” is all both twins mumble out in stereo. (rats!-in Drow)

A few minutes pass as Sammi climbs the staircase to the upper levels of Crystal Hall, the HUGE glass dome that covers the school's cafeteria and two level dining area/room that has its own several story tall waterfall feature and splash pool with luscious plants decorating the whole place much like a park would.

A cross from Gwen, Sammi pulls out a chair and sits down with a smile, “Nice cafeteria this school has!” She notes the enormous room, then notices that all the tables and chairs are made of real fine woods. Plus the tables have rather nice dining linens and the dinnerware is not the same cheap stuff you might see in a regular school in LA…or even an expensive private school!

“Heya all, I am Sammi!” she said introducing herself to the table of Shide and Fae.

Most of the table waved back and one at a time introduced themselves to the new teen. The Twins just nodded, staying silent for the most part…eating.

“Boy you must be a Pixie with all the sweets on your tray and some fruits to balance it out?” Gwen gave with a grin noting Sammi’s choices for lunch.

“Yep it seems that flying needs a whole bunch of calories and I seem to crave sweet things now more than ever!” Sammi said as she took in bites of her food.

“Well you are a mutant or Fae now and eat what you like, most of us never seem to gain an ounce!” Gwen giggled out to the table and some of the more Model-est girls at the table sneered at her…Fey and the fact that she did modeling on the side as a job, she stuck her tongue out at Gwen in jest!

Sammi ate and chatted up the table for quite some time before she asked the twins, “Hey I got a Fae fighting class right after lunch and it says you both teach it?”

“That they do!” Gwen boasted for the pair.

“Yes Sammi we do,” Rohanna said, getting up from the table in mirrored unison with her twin (a spooky looking move to anyone that saw them do it!) “And you best bring your ‘A” game girl, so that we know we are not wasting our time on you!” Rehanna added.

“What’s wrong?” she asked the rest of the table as both Drow walked away silently.

“I don’t know Sammi, but do you have any ideas why they are upset?” Gwen had to ask.

“I think or they told me that I resemble someone from their past…an old past I think? And I am sure that someone died in a bad and sad way?” Sammi gave back as she ate.

“They should not blame you for that…I will talk to them as soon as I can, I know something of this long past history stuff we Fae have.”

“You do?” Sammi had to question.

“Yes Fay over there…my old self or ghost self and her avatar knew each other in a good then bad way over their long past lives.”

“Did it get better?”

“Yes we got very much better and lifelong friends from here on out!” she smiled.

~o~O~o~

Several hours later inside Eastman Annex
where all martial arts classes are taught on the campus

Sammi is standing there with the other Fae of the school most are dressed in tight fitting combat garb and she can tell that some of the outfits are magically enhanced and of fully Sidhe made! She feels more than a bit out of place being one of only two that are wearing martial arts practice ‘Gi’.

When both Drow slowly walked in from the staff office area Sammi took notes of the pair as they were dressed in what looked like full combat garb and each carried a decorated short silver metal baton in their hands.

“Well it seems that only two in our class today wanted to test their skills in what they might be wearing as ‘street garb’ and just so you all know, a martial arts style ‘Gi’ is the best simulation of clothing you might wear day to day and we must all practice in something we might be wearing if we get caught off guard out there!”

Sammi was sure that last part was for her knowledge alone and now she felt a little better about being dressed as she was!

“Today we have a new student to teach…her name is Sammi and she has yet to choose a code name to be known by. She is new to being a Fae and a Pixie.”...”a HUGE pix!” one of the class whispered lightly and the class giggled. But a harsh stare of death silenced the class before Rohanna started lecuring again, “We shall endeavor as a group to get her up to our speed as a class and show her how we trained Fae fight with both body, blade, bow and finally magic!”

That is when the other twin started to talk and Sammi felt that this one was Rehanna the one she felt in some way was the ‘old soul’ of the pair. “For this exercise and match we will have Sammi step forward and she will be going up against my Violet,” As she spoke, Violet flew downwards from her hovering at her shoulder and as she got closer to the mat she grew in size to match Sammi. Most of the class looked on, this was going to be a treat for them as the Pixies rarely fought in a class match up and almost never at full size…or human size!

“Ohhh this is going to be good!” one student whispered out.

“This match will be hand to hand only and it will end at a pin, plus surrender or if one of the opponents is knocked out. There are to be no weapons used, no poisons or chem agents and most of all no magic!” Rehanna said in english, then switched to Pixie, “Now we will see if you are all looks of my Misty or if any of her skills got carried over and Gaea bless them upon you!”

Violet was already waiting in the mat’s ‘ring’ center when Sammi stepped up to her, “Let’s see if that face has any or the skills of the ‘being or soul’ it used to belong to!” she growled in Pix.

“Why are you all so mad at me?” Sammi had to question.

“Because memories hurt and if you don’t measure up to what she was…it's an insult to her memory!”

“Ready…fight!” Rehanna barked at the pair.

“Time to find out…school is in session!” Violet howled out, as she leapt at Sammi with a wing assisted flying kick with both legs. The fierce blow found its mark deep in Sammi’s chest and she flew back through the air a good ten feet, then landed on her butt at Gwen’s feet at the practice mat’s edge.

“You best get up and back out there if those two are going to respect you, ever girl.” Gwen warned and gave Sammi a hand up and Rohanna instantly barked at the act, “She has to learn to fight without help and that includes getting up!”

Sammi stood fully up and Violet was right on her, the other Pix was not giving her a break…not one little bit. Both of them exchanged blows with arms, hands, fists and elbows, with a few leg kicks tossed in! Sammi felt something was guiding her actions again and if she could just let go the fight was leaning her way!

“I can see that something is helping you out in this battle, cause your skill in this match is drifting up and down all over the place! BUT you forget one thing, I can fight without any outside help and don’t lose track of what I am doing!” Violet spat and attacked with renewed ferocity!

Violet’s blows were landing all over Sammi’s body and the blows were starting to really hurt. That pain was affecting whatever was helping Sammi in this fight and that meant even more blows hit their marks with increasing regularity.

Sammi tried to let her mind drift off the pain and when she did, her body leapt into a spin with her wings out that struck Violet in her up-crossed arms that was forming her block to the move. The striking of Sammi’s four wings sounded like steel striking, steel a hundred times.

“The Jabbress said no weapons and that means using wings!” Violet shouted at Sammi as she suddenly swept at Sammi’s legs and knocked the teen off her feet.

With Sammi now face up on the mat, Violet jumped on her chest and placed an armbar across her neck, then leaned in trying to cut off her airway. “Got you now!” she shrieked out.

Sammi struggled under the expert embrace that Violet was giving her, one arm was across her neck trying to cut off her air. While the other was wrapped around the back of her head and neck, locked in with the other in a flexible way that no olympic wrestler could ever dream of doing. Then add both of her legs were pinned and wrapped about by Voilet’s, then lastly add Sammi had landed with her wings in a bad way so they were useless as leverage to flip the pair over.

Both of Sammi’s arms and hands were free for the most part. She tried any way she could think of to unhook the steel grip that Violet had on her neck, but Violet was trained and had trained hard each and every day. Whereas Sammi was very new to this new form her body had taken on and had only days to train her strength up where Violet had YEARS!

Blackness was starting to gather at the edges of Sammi’s vision as she gasped like a fish for air, she suddenly found it funny that you can not say “I can’t breathe” when you can indeed not and you certainly can’t shout it either!

With her last energy Sammi got both of her arms under their embraced bodies and forced her hands upward against Violet’s chest…Then a sudden blast of magic BLEW Violet up and away from Sammi’s still prone body.

Violet flew up so fast and with such speed that she had to manically beat her wings to keep from striking the ceiling over thirty feet above. To say Violet was furious, as she flapped in the air was an understatement at best…she was blood red with rage.

“You used magic on me! Ohhhh now it's on, I am going to hurt you bad!” she shouted down at the still prone Sammi.

“STOP…ENOUGH…IT'S OVER!” Rehanna shouted at the pair of students under her teachings.

“She used magic!” Violet barked pointing down at her opponent and then started to fly down right at Sammi. Anyone watching knew she was mad and was not intending on stopping…she wanted to put a hurt on Sammi very badly right now.

“I said STOP…OBEY ME NOW!” a now mad Rohanna, barked upwards at the Pixie that was getting ready for a headlong dive right at Sammi

“But she broke the rules and mu…” Violet started, BUT Rohanna interrupted her mid word, “I ORDERED STOP…THAT MEANS RIGHT NOW!

It was times like this that an outsider could see the deep connection the pair of Drow twins had, even though Rehanna was the first one to order the fight to stop. Rohanna spoke as if she was the first. The pair was linked so deeply, that they blurred the lines between them being two different bodies or Fae.

As Violet shrank back down in size as she flew over to Rohanna, while the other twin Rehanna on the other hand was stomping her way over to Sammi that was still in the middle of getting back up, “So we like to break our match rules and use magic? Well let’s see about that!” she barked, grabbing Sammi’s ‘Gi’ by the collar and front and started to almost drag the teen towards the staff offices.

Across the huge complex Ito-sensei the school’s lead Martial arts instructor heard the blast that Sammi used and then watched as one of the twins nearly dragged her body towards the staff office area. He knew it was best to seek out what had happened in the twin’s normally calm class and see what he could help with.

Once inside the main office, Rohanna gave Sammi a slight push towards one of the smaller side offices marked with a ‘Student instructors only’ plaque on the door, “SIT!” she barked at her and Sammi did as demanded instantly in one of the room’s simple chairs.

“Do you even know what spell you used just now?” Rohanna shouted at the teen.

“No…I kind of wanted to shove her off me and BOOM!” Sammi said while making a two handed shoving motion away from her chest just like she did in the match.

“Well that simple move and you not knowing what you are doing called forth what can be called natural magic and that was a force blast.” then Rohanna grabbed her ‘Gi’ to make a point, “AND if Violet was wearing this, over wearing her armor she might have died!”

“I did not know, I need to learn?” she sobbed knowing this little match incident could have been much, much worse in its outcome and even fatal.

“I KNOW THAT…you should know all of this by now. A Pixie that is only ten years old knows how to control that natural magic and when or when NOT to use it!” the angry Drow barked as Ito came into the room like a calm fresh breeze and the older instructor just gave off that kind of vibe to all…nothing fazed the man.

“What is going on here Sensei Leigh?” Ito asked and gave the Drow respect by calling her ‘sensei’ as she was a teacher now too.

“My new student doesn't know how to control her magic yet and I am giving her a chewing out Sensei. That spell could have killed Violet and we have to do something?” she huffed out trying to calm herself down and regain some control to advise from.

“Do we need to get Circe involved in this matter?” he had to ask and handed Sammi a tissue to dry her face since she was crying now.

“I don’t know…but might as well get her in on this too, because Sammi here is going to attend Circe’s magical classes sooner or later just like I have too!” Rohanna said, as she semi tossed her arms up in defeat.

Ito crossed the small room over to the small desk there and took a place in its seat and turned on the computer. A few taps later and a short wait as he brought Circe up to speed on what happened, he spun the large screen towards the rest of the room and Circe was already on it.

“So this new student had an untrained magic outburst?” she asked the room.

“Yes I’ll say she did and it was or could have been fatal to Violet,” Rohanna kind of growled thinking that the blast would have hurt one so close to her.

Circe knew who Rohanna was talking about instantly with the two Pixies being a feature of the classroom anytime the twins were there, “I felt that blast across the campus and it felt a bit strange…not normal magic?”

“It was more of a natural magic Circe, one the Pixies use and a few other races out in the Grove.” Rohanna told her magic arts instructor…well HUMAN based magic arts instructor that is. The pair of the Drow normally used Fae based magic day to day over using any ‘human’ magic they learn in her classes.

“Hummm I am sure you that I am not well versed in that type of magic and on campus I’d say that you or Fey were the experts on the subject?” she admitted with her being more human, even though she was many thousands of years old. The Fae were the experts in their type of magic as it flowed through them all like blood did and without it most would die over time

“Well I know Fey can’t teach it without Aunghadhail’s help at best and I am not touching Sammi as a magic arts student just yet!” Rohanna admitted her anger.

“Well something has to be done with an untrained student like Miss Solberg.” Circe had to ask and hoped the Drow would come up with a good suggestion on how best to train the new student.

Rohanna had to sigh long and hard as she came up with an idea, the only one she could think of at the time, “I’ll have the Pixie elders out in the grove teach her their magic at night and I will test or quiz her as they go along in their teaching. It's the only way to be sure that she is safe and most of all, that the rest of the students are safe from her blowing up a section of the campus on a goof up.”

“Well you can take care of that tonight Ms Leigh.” Circe smiled at the Drow.

“Well till she gets some training she is not sparring in my class and hurting anyone. So let me do the introductions right now and get it over with…Sammi has the next two plus hours free right now with this block of her day scheduled for my class?” Rohanna suggested and told her instructors how she felt about the matter.

“Fine by me…Ito are you good with this plan of action for teaching?” Circe asked her fellow.

“If one twin can handle the class today, I'm sure that this one can take Ms. Solberg out to the Grove and start the process our fellow instructor suggested.” Ito gave, then bowed lightly his respect to his student and fellow staff member, “Ms. Leigh you can leave now if all is ready and please keep us informed on the matter of Ms. Solberg’s magic lessons.”

Rohanna gave Ito a nod of respect, then tapped Sammi on the shoulder and they vanished from sight. “I hope this goes well, I can tell that our new Fae must have some sort of past history with the twins and they are very upset about all of this!” Ito had to admit to Circe who nodded on the screen.

“They will work it out or will we have to help? Only time will tell,” and she cut the feed.

~o~O~o~

Out in the Grove

Rohanna picked a location that was nearest the center of enormous Grove where most of the Pixies spent their day and once she was seen by the Pixies, they sent out envoys over to the pair of Drow in haste, “Does the protector need out help…” one older pix started to ask, then spotted Sammi for what she was and they did a very comical double take. “What is this…a giant PIXIE!” it demanded as they knew Violet or Lilac on sight and Sammi stood out as very much NOT them!

“We Twins have many questions ourselves, but for now she is here regardless and needs to be trained up from virtually nothing. She was never taught or knows what even a Pix well under a quarter knows. So while she is on campus being taught by the humans, she can be very dangerous with any untrained natural magic and needs the most basic of training in that subject to start with by you Pix, as the human staff at Whateley does not know how to weld your magic at all.”

“One this old doesn't know the basics?” an elder asks while she flew up with a few others to examine Sammi closer.

“Yes elders she…Sammi Solberg” Rohanna gave, finally introducing the new teen pix to the rapidly assembling hoard of Grove pixies! “Has not even the most basic of training and desperately needs it for the safety of the other kids at my school”

“Fine as you request and since children might be in danger, we will give this one our best training in magic and combat!” the elder gave with a slight bow of respect to the pair of Drow that guard their home Grove.

“Thanks elder, Violet or Lilac will see to Sammi’s testing and make sure she is progressing along as the days or weeks pass.”

“Why me?” Violet had to spit out.

“You are a pixie and my pixie is the best we have…so Sammi here needs you to help her?”

“I do as requested,” Violet said flatley.

Rohanna had to ask Sammi, “Did you understand all of that or do you need a translation?”

“What translation…all I heard was english?” a now puzzled Sammi answered and questioned what she had just heard from all that spoke!

“Girl we only spoke Pixish, not one word of english was ever spoken by any here.”

“WHAT?” Sammi gasped out in shock, “I swear I only heard english!”

“Well it looks like Gaea gave you many gifts then and I wish that she would tell me why you are here and…” Rohanna gulped down some sadness, “Why do you look like Misty? We don’t understand? Normally we would help you over this hump in your training but…we can’t really mentally deal with you looking so much like…Misty, our Misty right now.” and she vanished with a port.

~o~O~o~

A short time later

Rohanna ported back to the side of the mat overlooking the class the pair of Drow were busy instructing and assisted in dividing up the class into groups based on experience, so that the individual students could study with those that best matched their own personal skill level.

A few hours passed by as the pair of Drow taught their class and watched over the students as they broke up into pairs or small groups to practice better against one another. Only a few times did the pair have to straighten up a student under their tutelage and show them the proper technique to use or form.

As class ended the group assembled on the edges of the mat for final instructions, they did everytime class was held for all the Fae, “Well everyone, today was a great workout and we can see that many of you are progressing along just fine and improving greatly.” Rehanna gave the class.

“As for night practice out in the grove we are taking off the next three nights for now and may add in Monday night as well. We will certainly meet up out there on Tuesday night and jump right into advanced training. If you want to go into the Grove for pratice away, the Pix as well as the other Fae will assist you as they normally do.” Rohanna gave next.

Kevin, the only other Drow in the school had to ask as the three were out practicing in the Grove almost every single might for the past dozen weeks of school, “So where are you two off ta?”

“We are going into New York on Friday, as we are taking a half day of class and heading out with the PD for a double shift!” Rohanna smiled.

“Oh and trying to eat our way through the city for three whole days too!” Rehanna gave with a huge grin.

~o~O~o~

Way across the campus

Both Drow port next to the vehicle lab bay doors that led under Kane hall, “Well now let's check the bikes before our ride and see if the other cool kids can do stupid things to these Italian machines to make them go juiiiist a biiiitt faster!” Rohanna laughed as she pulled one of the twin bikes they owned from their magical storage space where the pair kept nearly everything they felt was important in life…AKA mostly weapons!

The pair of bookend Drow rolled their matching bikes down the ramp and Mr Donner, the teacher that taught and ran the vehicles lab spotted the pair and walked out of his office while his huge meaty hand fed an equally large sandwich into his mouth, “Well what are you two here for?” He asked between bites.

“Just here to get them checked out before we ride them to New York tomorrow and see if one of the kids would like to tweeeek them a bit to go faster?” Rohanna said with a grin.

“Bit faster as in NOT light bike from Tron fast!” Rehanna barked out as she did want to keep them running and in good shape a bit longer. AND that meant not dropping them at over two hundred plus and watching as they slid into a wall!

“Well Mr. Moore over there on the lathes is not doing anything interesting right now and I have yet to see him work on a bike in class? So let's give him something to do! Shall we!” Mr Donner said as he gave the pair a small grin and pointed over to Bobby who was busy setting up a manual lathe to cut down a block of metal into who knows what?

“Fine by us” Rohanna smiled back to the shop teacher, “We know Bobby very well and trust his work!”

Donner barked across the nosy shop, “BOBBY JOE Please get over here!”

Bobby looked up from his work and wiped his hands off on a rag he took from his back pocket. A rag that was there most of the day, nearly every day and every hour of them! Then he straightened up his ‘Moore racing” cap, the family brand, as he walked over towards the three.

“Heya Ladies” he nodded to the pair keeping to his manners that his family instilled in the teen. “What ken ay do faw y'all Mr Donner?” he then asked the teacher.

“Bobby Joe I have yet to see you work on a motorcycle in this shop and I aim to be sure each student gracing my shop can repair ANY vehicle, be it on four wheels, two, on tracks or flies. SO I want to service the twin’s bikes and tune them up a little bit.” The large teacher said and then opened his eyes a bit wide to emphasize his next words, “Please make the tuning a bit more of polish to what is already there and not go crazy by making these bikes supersonic!”

Bobby Joe nodded to his instructor, “Ay understand Mr Donner, service both ayn' make them run ayy bit bettuurr…but nahwt scalded cat crazy.”

Bobby then went over to both bikes, then looked them over as he took one from Rohanna. “Skids”, one of the school’s crazy bike tuners, came over to help him move the bikes over to his work area across the shop. Bobby then began forming a plan of action inside his head. “Whel this here gives me an excuse ta buy some av those there metrik tools then!” he laughed.

Rehanna’s head spun instantly his way when her ears heard that remark, “You’er kidding right?” She said not wanting to read Bobby Joe for a lie, as she had to trust the teen who was rooming with the only other Drow she knew and one she was personally interested in.

“Naw ay done got some av them raheet in here!” he said tapping the side of his huge tool box.

After the twins had walked off with Mr Donner, he rolled open one of his tool box’s drawers and pulled out a small plastic box. He flipped the latches off the small foot by eight inch box and lifted the lid. Inside was a set of sockets and several bits all marked in metric. Bobby did not lie…this was the only set of metric tools he had in the huge several ton tool box! Even his very rare set of British size tools was bigger!

~o~O~o~

A Day plus later

A very tired Sammi trudges towards the doors of Poe cottage and as she does both Drow pass by her at a brisk walking pace that borders on a full run…they don’t even give the teen Pix a bit of notice. Sammi sighs at the act and keeps walking to the building entrance and passes by a tall blonde that sits cross-legged on one of the large concrete benches at the entrance. “Pay them no mind for now, they will accept you in time…just give them time to accept that you are here to stay and just look just like her BUT are not her.”

“What?” is all Sammi could muster after the Pixies had run her through the training ringer for the last four hours.

“You do know by now that you look just like one of her long dead Pixies?” the blonde asked rhetorically.

“Yes they told me and I don’t get it?”

“The one you look just like…like a xerox, like a twin. She died long ago after the Drow and her had bonded so deeply, in ways that you will never understand unless you do the same act with them. It was like she lost a leg that day and that pain did not stop for decades and she did not take another Pix as a fighting mate for several years. That pain even I felt the first time they saw you, anyone on campus that is an empath felt that pain and yet we all knew to shut up about it!”

“Will she accept me soon Ky…cause all this training is killing me!” Sammi huffed out, still very tired from her long workout.

“As soon as they see that you can handle, defend and take care of yourself…and most of all SHRINK down to normal like a real Pix would! GODS seeing a huge pix is unnerving to us old folks here!” she laughed.

“I am trying each day…SEVERAL times a day!”

“Then stop trying…it will come on its own!”

~o~O~o~

Across the campus

The twins make final checks on their bikes as they warm them up and note the small changes to the twin Ducatis, “So you tuned them up…by how much?” Rohanna asked as she gave the throttle a small twist and steadily ran up the RPMs.

Bobby Joe slid his hat back a bit, then tugged it forward as he answered, “Ay would say about twenty hawsepowuurr ayn' mowst av the majaw changes are me polishing parts aw balancing the engahn bettuurr faw ayy smoothuurr powerband.”

“I can hear and feel the changes, you really did smooth them out” Rohanna smiled back to the teen.

“Whel then, ay feel honawed that there my wawk done passed ayy Fae’s ear test ayn' especially yours!” Bobby grinned at knowing he had passed a milestone with his work that one with such sensitive ears like the Drow could tell his work had improved on what most would call an already perfect form of Italian motorcycle!

“Well then what do we owe you bobby?” Rehanna had to ask, as Drow collected favors but really hated owing them to others!

“Ay think we ken trade faw y'all a-showin' me how ta blend ayy awful small bit ov mithril in with high grade steel aw aluminum ayn' fawge ayy stronguurr engahn?” he asked.

“DONE!” Rehanna said as she went to shake Bobby’s hand on the deal.

With The deal done, both Drow went back inside the campus garage and into one of the locker rooms to start getting dressed up for their ride. The pair kept their riding leathers here in the garage over in their personal dimensional storage so that they could be looked after and improved or replaced outright as the fellow students came up with new ways to protect riders.

As they stripped down and got dressed, Skids came into the locker room and sat on a bench near the pair, “I have a question or offer for you two.” she asked.

“GO ahead Skids tell us what you are thinking of?” Rehanna said as she wiggled on her riding leathers. Any one that looked hard enough or was an empath could see or feel that Skids was just a little bit more than attracted to the pair dressing before her.

“Well one of the other kids…one that is graduating this year, wants to do a study of one of her battle armors, one built for somebody that is far more flexible than an average human or exemplar. She doesn't want to use a rubber band kid that can stretch anyway you can dream up, but a kid that is just ‘built’ different and you Fae are just that, then add you two Drow are even past that limit too!”

“It would have to be lined with some natural material like these leathers are and be real strong too!” Rehana said as she zipped up her suit up to high on her waist and left most of the suit hanging off her backside.

“Yep I remember and we are thinking of using some silk mixed with some of Jobe’s spider silk to make it strong and still be of natural fibers so it does not hurt or burn your skins.”

“Fine by us, but we will not stand by for hours doing a fitting for this project.” Rehanna warned as the Drow had their school lessons or training and dance cards filled for most of their time for months to come!

“We can do a quick scan of one of your bodies, just like we did for the leathers we already made. But this time you will have to flex about a bit more and show just how far you can bend this or that limb or hand or foot!”

“How long would all that take?”

“Ohhh I’d be very surprised if it all lasted more than an hour?” Skids said pulling out a data pad and noting a few free days for the 3d scanner in the lab.

“Well we will get back with ya when you have a few days set and then set the date firm. I know you have to link up with this kid that wants me for this armor.”

“Yep..” is all she got out before the other twin interrupted.

“Let’s get moving, we got miles of riding ahead on the way to NYC and our weekend jobs” Rohanna laughed at that last bit as the twins only got paid a single buck and in favors to come later…the favors from the NYPD leadership would pay off in the long run the pair thought.

Once back outside, the twins had found that Bobby and Mr Donner had rolled both bikes out into the parking lot and topped them off with fresh racing gas, “All set,” Mr Donner said waving to the bikes.

Both Drow did a stereo “Thanks Mr Donner” as they swung on to their bikes and zipped up the leathers and in doing that one could see that they were all black with a blood red widdow’s hourglass symbol on the backs. Then Skids gave both of them their matching helmets that had wild blocky skulls painted over each.

Just before the twins snapped their visors closed, Mr Donner had to say, “Stay safe and don’t get into any deep trouble…the kids would miss both of you and your antics!” he grinned.

Rohanna nodded thanks to Donner as she revved the engine up and both rode off towards the school main gates and at the gate the guard waiting there knew the two had permission to leave campus (like anyone could stop them), so he waved them right past his already lowered road ballards that guarded the gates entrance.

They both exited the campus’s long drive and then gunned their throttles knowing they had MILES to go to get to NYC and going the speed limit was not going to get that done!

Both twins gunned their bikes well past one hundred fifty on the more lonely stretches of mountain road and barely passed by even one car per mile on this early Friday afternoon and for the most part kept the bikes at near a hundred even on the twisty mountain roads. All of this speed was guided by the heads-up display in eachone’s helmet that was fed live from back in the school.

That live feed was updated by the second as to what lay ahead via a live satellite feed and one of the kids even kept a fast flying drone over the pair, one that looked at the road ahead for cars. This ride was more of a class project for some students, as it was a practice of races to come later in the school year or used in spying on people live as they drove around in the world outside the school grounds…the ‘spy kids’ in the school loved this sort of action or practice of their chosen craft.

During sections of the long ride for the twins, the winding road opened up to two and four lanes at a time and during one of these times when the highway went through a small town the pair came up fast on a group of riders all dressed in matching gang style colors, better known as “cuts” to other riders. One of the kids watching the action updated the pair’s feed on the spot, “Those guys are a real gang and not some riding club…they are the ‘Cobras’.

“The Cobras are more of a collection of hard core thieves and skull busters with manners, as they do not traffic in drugs or prostitution. They do traffic in stolen goods, or other things of value and do heists off trucks quite a lot! Most of their free cash comes from loan sharking or being hired muscle for those with money to burn…and sometimes they will ‘for the right price’ make a person vanish in a vat of acid.” one kid whispered a file full of information in the pair's ears.

Rohanna had ridden bikes since she was a kid and encountering biker gangs in LA, her hometown was very normal when you rode around as much as she used to on weekends! She knew well that one had to wait to pass a group this big and wait for a sign to pass them so as not to offend them or get amongst their group in an unsafe and disrespectful way.

The pair crept up to the rear of the pack slowly showing that they were no real threat and not riding crazy like other kids might. Rohanna spotted what she was sure was a ‘way-by’ given by the group's leader way up at the front of the pack, so she gave her bike a little throttle to pass.

As the Drow came up on the rear most riders, one swung out to kick at Rohanna indicating to her that ‘permission to pass’ was not given to the pair of teens he kicked at her bike twice! One of those times the guy made contact with her bike’s aerodynamic cover! THAT MADE HER MAD beyond words! Had she not been such a good rider, that ‘love tap’ would have spilled her at over fifty miles an hour across the road!

Both Drow faded back till they left a dozen plus yards between them and the pack, but at the next intersection Rohanna rode to the road’s shoulder, put her kickstand down, whipped off her helmet and tossed it over to Rehanna as she hopped off her bike.

She was in full Drow mode not even caring if her illusion charm was off and everyone could see her as a DROW! “You want o play with me boy…I got a signal from your boss to pass and you try to kick me off the road…I so am going to fuck you up right now!” she shouted at the man who attacked her.

As she yelled at the guy, the tall ‘kind of skinny’ guy put his kickstand down and swung off his bike and started to walk her way. As he did, his right hand pulled a large pistol from inside his vest and Rohanna spotted the move instantly and went form shouting to a real roar, “Ohh you want to go that way…I was just going to beat you a bit…NOW I AM GOING TO CRIPPLE YOU FOR LIFE FOR PULLING A GUN ON ME!” she roared on, as she tossed off her gloves and warmed up a spell on each hand.

Before the pair could start fighting or shooting an angry bellow came from up the pack of riders towards the front, “LURCH you fucking moron, I gave them the wave to pass us by and you pull on them?!” I am going to beat you silly for that!” the huge leader said as he strode up to the tall biker and once he got close enough you could tell he was even bigger and way beefier! He front snap kicked the other biker right in the chest, sending him flying back to his bike where both toppled over to crash the ground and the combined sound of the impact was much like a load of steel pipe falling off a truck!

As the guy called out as “Lurch” tried to stand back up, the gang leader put his hands up to show Rohanna he meant no harm, “Sorry about that, I’ll beat him later!” he warned and looked back at Lurch still trying to get up and then pick his bike up off the ground.

“Huummmff'' Rohanna huffed back at the guy, “What or who is going to fix that scuff or even possible damage on my bike…and a very expensive bike I might add!” she barked back.

“He will or I will,” he said pulling a business card from his vest, “Call me here with a list or cost on the damage?” As he did, Rohanna took the offered card. Rehanna pulled off her helmet, then placed it on her bike’s tank and swung off the bike and then put Rohanna’s helmet on her own bike’s tank. Next she looked over the damage on her twin’s bike, “The paint is scratched and marred and the clear coat on the carbon fiber shell might need a redo?”

When she heard that information, Rohanna took a step forward towards the bigger man, then stared him right in the eyes, “You owe me a favor now and it's a BIG one!”

“Yep I owe you one…” he said back flatly with a sound of almost blowing it off a bit and that was a tone of voice Rohanna never could stand even when she was human decades ago!

She stepped right up to the man now and poked him right in the chest, “YOU owe me a big favor!” she demanded.

“Fine…” he said, seeming to back down a bit and the rest of the gang behind him started to get off their bikes. The man noticed that Rehanna went back to her bike and leaned up on it, like she knew this outcome was predetermined.

“SAY the words like I did or…” Roahnna trailed off that this was more threatening now versus her asking politely before.

“I owe you a big favor,” he droned out as he pulled yet one more business card from his vest pocket, “And you already my info for the damages and here is a good shop near here that does all the work for our club,”

Rohanna took the card from his hand, “I’ll get back to you with costs soon…very soon,” she said walking back to her bike.

“Hey let me guess by the looks of you two…you both go to a school over the hill back south a bit?” he questioned Rohanna’s back.

“And what about it?” she asked back over her shoulder to the man, her voice growing a bit darker now.

“I went there in Ninety three myself…they call me Electroblast.”

“SO?” she said walking back to her bike again, “We ain’t chums until you fix this bike and I cash in that favor you owe me.”

Rehanna was already getting her helmet back on and starting up her bike as her twin swung a leg over her bike and put on her’s. Both started up their bike as one roar of stereo and gunned them hard just keeping the tires from breaking loose. A real show of riding skill.

One of the gang members walked up to his boss, “Hey why didn’t we take them on and show them who has earned respect around here? There are over fifty of us and you are a mutant blaster!”

“You moron, I went to a school full of nothing BUT mutants for four long years and I learned one thing there and I learned it the hard way. Kids that act like she did, all sure of themselves and then add her twin looked on at us all like it was nothing for her sister to take all of us in a fight…fifty to one and win without even sweating. That was not bravado, that was her KNOWING she could beat us silly!”

BUT?” the other man almost shouted before being cut off….

BUT NOTHING…let me do the thinking or your head will get smashed in by me!”

As the twins rode off a fellow student spoke to them over their helmet feeds, “I just looked that guy up and yep he was ‘Electroblast’ and he did indeed graduate in Ninety three. He was a top student that was an exemplar two and had a electrical blast power that was pretty good. After graduation he headed up to be a CEO at a company that went bankrupt via a hostile takeover and gutting by Vulture capitalists. It seems that all the guys behind the takeover vanished over the next two years right after he became the head of that biker gang…any bets he killed them all off?”

“Well if he doesn't come across with that favor when I ask for it…that gang might need a new leader suddenly!” Rohanna barked and shut off the connection.

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2023 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
81 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am very happy to see this

I am very happy to see this story return have missed the twins alot. Bringing in pix was a curve ball but it
will be great to see how it turns out.

the new pix

shadowsblade's picture

the new pix has her intro in the "sammi" stories

have fun reading

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

lol

shadowsblade's picture

its not really going to ever finish as Drow live for tens of thousands of years....but I cna write snippets of them and short arc's of their lives

in this arc, I should have flipped the chapter name back when they encountered the kidnappers and stopped being just regular beat cops for the NYPD. But from here on out it will get spicier!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective