If It Makes You Happy: Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Hello, Readers.

The idea for this story came from Tracy Davis, aka shesgotleggs. Tracy had written about half of it when she asked if I wanted to collaborate. I said yes, of course. What are girlfriends for? Anyway, here's the first of more chapters to come. We hope you like it. Enjoy!

John and I met in high school though we went to different schools. I was still in boy mode for the most part in those days. My mother had started to encourage my feminine self, and I wore pantyhose on Sundays. I wasn’t certain who I was then, but I did love the feel of nylons. I wouldn’t say I felt an unusual attraction for John, but we did seem to like each other immediately and he became my best friend. Like me, John was very slender, not very athletic, and not very masculine. We went to different high schools but had the same interests and belonged to the same extracurricular club.

Throughout high school, my mother helped me to explore my femininity. I wore more girl clothes. Eventually I was dressing at times completely as a girl, including make-up. I realized something strange during those days of discovery. I found that while in boy mode, I was only attracted to girls, but when dressed as a girl, I found both boys and girls attractive. Bizarre, eh?

My first foray into my attraction for boys happened with John, and he was the first friend I came out to as a crossdresser. We were over at my house one day, talking in my room, and he quietly said, “Can I tell you something?”

“Sure,” I said, wondering if he was getting personal, as quiet as he was talking.

“I just don’t know who to talk to about this. I think I’m gay,” he said, sobbing.

I sat closer to him, and asked, “Why do you think that?”

He paused, and said, “I like girls and all, but they just don’t want anything to do with me. I’ve been having dreams lately, that I’ve been with guys, and I wake up with a stiffy. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about being….. I don’t know…….. close with another guy, and I just really like thinking about it. Promise me you won’t tell anybody. I can’t let anybody know this,” he said, agitated. I could imagine how vulnerable he felt at that moment. I felt like I should reciprocate, somehow.

“It’s OK. Your secret is safe with me. I’ll take it to the grave. Actually I have a secret like that that no one knows about.”

He looked up, surprised. “Really?” I wondered if he thought I was going to tell him that I was gay too.

“I’m a…. crossdresser,” I said, blushing. I realized that I’d never really told anyone that. “I like to dress up as a girl. I have a lot of girl things that I wear. It just feels really good when I do it.”

“Wow,” he said, surprised. “I’ve heard of that but I’ve never known anyone that does it. When did you start?”

“Seventh grade. My mom caught me wearing her pantyhose once, and then started buying nylons for me and encouraging me to wear them. The summer after ninth grade I stayed at my sister-in-laws for a month and she dressed me in women’s clothes the whole time. It was awesome,” I said, blushing, my voice quivering. “I have lots of girl clothes. I have women’s slacks and high heels. I shave my legs and underarms and paint my toenails every weekend. I even use women’s deodorant and a women’s laxative. I wear pantyhose to church every Sunday, and whenever I dress up.”

“Wow, that’s neat,” he said, smiling. “I bet you’re really pretty.”

My mom was gone that afternoon, and I got an idea. “Tell you what,” I said, smiling, “Give me a little while to get changed, and I’ll show you.”

I went up to my room, closed and locked the door, and undressed. I quickly put on pantyhose, a bra, and a slip, and put on the brown and white sweater dress that Char had given me in junior high. Looking at my shoe selection, I decided to go with my white high heeled pumps from my Young Organist’s outfit. I ducked into my bathroom, quickly parted my hair in the middle like a girl, and put on some lipstick. I opened the door, smoothed down my skirt, took a deep breath, and walked out into the family room.

The look on John’s face when he saw me was absolutely priceless. His mouth fell open, and he stood there opening and closing it, unable to say anything. Finally he recovered enough control to say, softly, “Wow. You’re beautiful.”

I blushed. I’d never really dressed up for a guy before. I always enjoyed the looks I got from guys when I was out in public dressed, but this was different. My heart was starting to pound, and I tried hard to keep calm. I crossed my legs to relax a little, and we started to talk about the usual things we talked about. As I relaxed, I really fell into girl mode, and without realizing it, I started dangling my high heel off my toe. I kept noticing that, whenever I wasn’t speaking, he was staring at my legs. The way he was shifting around in his seat, I was pretty sure he had an erection. I was going to kid him about it, but thought I would be more demure and not make an issue of it, as embarrassed as he had been that afternoon.

At a lull in the conversation, he asked, “So are you gay too? But you’ve got Becky!” Becky was my steady girlfriend.

I said, “I don’t know. I’ve thought about it a lot. When I’ve been out in public dressed, I’ve seen guys look at me and smile, and I really like that. It makes me feel really pretty when men are attracted to me. But I do feel attracted to girls too. I’m really attracted to Becky.”

“Does she know that you dress up like a girl?”

“No, I haven’t told her. I’m not sure about telling her. Whenever we get dressed up for a date, I always wear nylons under my slacks. I don’t know if she would approve of it or not. I’d love to be able to be her boyfriend and girlfriend both. But it’s different,” I continued. “I see a pretty girl, and I immediately want to ask her where she got her outfit so I can get it and look just like her. I’m as interested in what she’s wearing as I am in the rest of her.” I really didn’t want to tell him about the relationship that Char and I had had.

Finally, it was about time for his ride to pick him up. I went and changed out of the dress in case someone saw me, but left my pantyhose on and put my jeans on over them, so he could see it when we said goodbye. When we said good-bye, he said, “Thanks so much for listening. I feel so much better.”

“That’s OK,” I said, smiling. “That’s what friends are for. We’ll talk soon.”

“I’ll call you,” he said, as he walked out the door. I saw him sneak one more downward glance at my nyloned feet as he left, and I could tell he definitely had a boner.

The next week, Mom decided to go out with her friends for dinner the following Sunday. I had been thinking about John all week, and what he had told me. I really liked him, and I had had the whole gay/not gay argument in my mind many times over the years since I had started dressing. When I was dressed up around a guy and saw them get an erection when they looked at me, it made me feel so sexy and attractive. I started to think I was ready to take it to the next level with him.

Later that week, he called. We made small talk for a while, and after a pause, I said, “I’m going to be alone this Sunday afternoon, why don’t you come over and we’ll hang out?”

“Sure,” he replied.

On Sunday morning, when I put on my pantyhose, I made sure to wear a pair that were sandalfoot. After church, I left my white turtleneck on and put my girl jeans on over my pantyhose, like usual. After Mom left, I put on some understated makeup, just some powder and pale pink lipstick, and put on my white high heeled sandals. I spent some time just walking around in heels and getting in the femme frame of mind.

He arrived about an hour later. As I heard his car pull up, I got so excited and my heart was pounding. He came in the door and I closed it behind him. He looked me over from head to toe, and breathed, “Wow! You look great!”

“Thanks,” I giggled. “Come on in.”

He sat down on the couch and I sat next to him. We made small talk for a while, and then there was an awkward silence between us. I had crossed my legs and was bobbing my foot up and down in my high heel, and I noticed him staring at it. “Wow,” he said, “are you wearing nylons again?”

I knew it was turning him on. “Mmmm-hmmm,” I said. “I got dressed up for church this morning, and I haven’t taken the nylons off yet.” I extended my foot out and pointed my toe. “The…. hose,” I breathed, sensually.

We laid back on the couch, our noses only inches apart. I could feel his heart pounding. I knew he was as nervous as I was. Finally, he said, shyly, “There’s something I’d really like to do.”

“What’s that?” I asked, pretty sure I knew the answer already.

He paused. “I’d really like to…. kiss you,” he said.

I thought he would never ask! “I’d like that too,” I breathed. We brought our cheeks together, and both tilted our heads awkwardly the same way twice, giggling. Then I tilted mine opposite his, and our lips met. His lips were warm and soft and dry and felt heavenly. We broke apart after only a few seconds, and he whispered, “Mmmmm, that was nice.” Our lips met again, longer this time. We wrapped our arms around each other and kissed harder and longer the third time. We shifted around as we kissed, and I felt my jeans sliding over my hose, and wiggled my pantyhosed toes in my sandals, feeling so totally feminine as we held each other.

We rolled apart, and I saw him looking at me again. “God, you are so pretty,” he said.

“You make me feel so pretty when you tell me that.” I laughed. I had never felt this way before. I knew what would kick it up another notch. I folded my legs over his, and said, “These heels are starting to pinch me. Would you take off my shoes please?”

“Sure,” he said. He reached down and undid the buckles, and then slid off my sandals. The feel of his fingers on my pantyhosed feet made my dick rock-hard, and it hurt. He said, “You have such pretty feet. Especially when you wear nylons.” As he stroked my feet, his erection was clearly visible through his pants, and he was shifting around on the couch trying to get comfortable. I giggled. I put my lips to his ear and whispered, “Are you getting... excited?”

He turned bright red. “Yes,” he hissed back.

“Me too.” The nervous sexual tension made me giggle, just like a girl, I decided. I reached down and unsnapped my jeans, pulled my pantyhose waistband out with one hand, and reached inside my hose with the other to straighten out my erection. I thought his eyes were going to bug out of his head when I did it.

“Okay, now it’s your turn,” I whispered. I reached down and unsnapped his pants, and he sucked in his breath as I did. I slid down off the couch onto my knees as I found the tab and unzipped his zipper. I slowly reached in and pulled his underwear waistband down, then reached in and gently loosened his dick. It immediately sprung to attention.

As I crawled back up next to him, he moaned, “Oh, wow.” I giggled, put my arms around him, and kissed him again. As he put his arms back around me, I reached down and gently fingered his erection as he moaned in pleasure. When we broke apart after the next kiss, I whispered, “I know how to make him feel wonderful,” I cooed.

“How?” he asked, with a quizzical look on his face.

I got up off the couch. “Move back that way a couple of feet, and then put your legs up on the couch,” I motioned. He hesitated, and I said, “Don’t worry, I’ll be right here.” After he got situated, I judged the distance and sat down a few feet from him, bringing my legs up and putting my nyloned feet in his lap. I curled my toes around the head of his dick and started to give him a footjob. He smiled ear-to-ear. “Oh… oh…. oh,” he moaned, as I jacked him off with my pantyhosed toes. His dick was quivering, and starting to leak pre-cum. I knew he was ready to go over the edge. I wonder what it would feel like to have that up in my rectum? Suddenly, he gasped and quivered, and his dick erupted semen all over my nylons.

He totally relaxed back onto the couch. Fortunately I had some tissues in my jeans pockets. I pulled them out and reached down and cleaned up my feet and his dick as well as I could.

“Wow,” he said, “That was incredible.”

“Glad you liked it.” I grinned from ear to ear. I had never made a boy cum before! The feeling was overwhelming – there was no doubt that I really turned him on! He raised up and came over to me and kissed me again, then pulled back and said, “Okay, now it’s your turn.”

“What did you have in mind, naughty boy?” I asked.

He slid partway down to the floor like I had. He unzipped my zipper and opened my jeans wide. Reaching inside my pantyhose waistband like I had done before, he gently pulled it down and took my dick out. Bending down, he took it in his mouth. Oh my God I’m getting a blow job! I thought as he started to gently suck my dick. My erection was huge and rock-hard. Looking around, I saw my pantyhosed feet spread wide, my high heeled sandals off and laying on the floor, and my jeans open and my pantyhose pulled down. A boy undressed me and we’re having sex! was all I could think as I shivered with pleasure and erupted in his mouth. A few seconds later, he rocked back and looked at me with a distressed look on his face, his mouth closed. He started to moan and point toward his mouth.

“Oh yeah, you probably want to spit that out!” I laughed.

“Mmmmm-hmmmm!” he nodded. I took his hand, and we ran to the bathroom with our jeans around our thighs, and he spit my semen into the toilet.

Afterward, we were back on the couch, clothes back on, holding each other, petting, and sharing the occasional kiss. I had my legs up over his, and my pantyhosed feet up on the couch. I noticed him staring at them. “Wow, this was incredible,” he said, as we quietly held each other.

Gay – or not gay? I couldn’t make up my mind. Back then, I had never heard the term bisexual.

A little while later, his brother arrived to pick him up to take him home. We walked out to the back door, and he turned to me. I put my arms around his neck, and we shared a nice long kiss. He opened the door, and said, “Good-bye for now,” smiling. As he left, I saw him looking down for a last glance of my pantyhosed feet. After he left, I went back to my room, got a pair of footies out of my lingerie drawer, and put them on over my hose.

A week later, John took me on a date. I think we both thought it a bit of a lark to begin with, but as the evening progressed, we grew into our roles. We engaged in quite the makeout session in the backseat of his car. It seemed so natural at the time that neither of us felt any sense of embarrassment. I thought I was doing a great acting job getting into girl mode.

My embarrassment came when I saw John at our club meeting, and the realization struck me like the proverbial ton of bricks that I had made out with a guy as a girl. John acted weird too. I don’t know why the date made us feel weird after what we had done on my couch. Maybe it was from me acting in girl mode. I tried to avoid him at the meeting, but he cajoled me into meeting him afterwards. This time we stayed in the front seat of his car. We opened up again about our feelings. I think we were both acting as therapists for each other. John seemed understanding of my weird sexual orientation which seemed to depend on the clothes I was wearing. We kissed before parting. I don’t know how John did it, but I always felt a bit like a girl when I was with him.

Two weeks later, we went out again. I lost my virginity as a girl.

We didn’t remain boyfriend and girlfriend for long if we ever were. I was still dating Becky, and it was too weird with me switching between boy and girl mode. I was becoming more, rather than less confused about my gender. John felt the same for me no matter what I was wearing. We lost touch after high school graduation.

~o~O~o~

I went away to college and reinvented myself as Tracy, a fulltime girl. When I moved back to my hometown, I reconnected with John by accident. I ran into him among the peppers at the grocery store. Once he understood who I was, we were talking again like old friends. I learned that he had married and divorced and had custody of his son, Cody. We exchanged numbers and planned a dinner date for that weekend.

Three months later, John asked me to move in with him as Tracy, his girlfriend. I was apprehensive. I was confident in myself as a woman now. I lived it 24/7. I had met Cody on numerous occasions. We got on well, but could I be a mother figure too? I remembered all the stories about wicked stepmothers. I feared the boy would resent me. Exhibiting tremendous patience, John convinced me to give it a try.

After John and I moved in together, things went pretty well with his young son, Cody. Cody accepted me, which was important since his mom didn’t come around much, and I started to become the female presence in his life.

One day, after work, I was sitting in the family room relaxing and reading a magazine. I was still dressed up from work, I had taken off my high-heeled pumps and was wearing sheer black trouser socks with little dots instead of pantyhose, because it was hot out. Cody had come into the room and was sitting across from me. I was reading my magazine and mindlessly bobbing my foot up and down. Finally, Cody said, “Wow, you have really pretty socks on.”

I was surprised he had noticed my stockings. “Oh, thanks, Cody. I like to wear pretty socks. Most girls do.”

Several days later, I washed out my hose and left them on the shower rod in the bathroom to dry. Later that night, when I went to take them down, I noticed that the ones that I had on the other day that Cody commented about were off to the side, and looked like they were stretched out. I wondered if he had tried them on. The following week, I washed my hose out again, and left them to dry. Cody came home from school and went into his room as normal to do his homework. When the laundry came out of the dryer, I folded Cody’s clothes and went into his room to put them away.

Cody was laying on his bed, doing his homework, wearing my trouser socks!

The instant I opened his door, he immediately sat up and put his feet under him to try to hide it. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it, so I went ahead and put his clothes away, and then sat down on his bed. He was red-faced and shaking.

“Cody, are you wearing my socks?”

“Um, yes,” he mumbled.

“It’s OK,” I said, quietly. “Let’s see.”

He unfolded his legs, and sure enough, he was wearing my trouser socks. I said, “Cody, why are you wearing my socks?”

He turned even brighter red. “Um, because, today at school there was this really pretty girl that was wearing socks like this, and she had really pretty feet, just like you when you were wearing them. I… wanted to have… pretty feet too. Are you mad? Are you going to tell Daddy?” His voice trembled with panic.

I touched his hair lightly. “No, I’m not mad. And no, I’m not going to tell Daddy. It’ll just be between you and me. You know what? I have lots of pairs of pretty socks. Since you like these, these can be yours. You can put them in your dresser drawer and wear them any time you want.”

He perked up after that. “Really?” He smiled.

“Yes.” I laughed. “Consider them yours. When you’re done with your homework, come downstairs and we’ll have a snack.”

“Okay, thanks!”

I got up and went downstairs. A little while later, he came down from his room, still wearing my trouser socks, and we had some candy. By the time John came home from work, though, he had put his tube socks back on.

This continued for several days after school – when Cody came home from school, he would go upstairs in his room and put on my trouser socks, and then lounged around in them while doing his homework, changing back out of them before John came home.

The following week, I was cleaning out my lingerie drawer. I had accumulated a lot of trouser socks that I didn’t wear, since I normally wore pantyhose under my slacks. I sorted out a lot of them that I didn’t wear any more, and took them into Cody’s room. “Hey, Cody. I have a surprise for you.” I dropped the socks on his bed, and said, “I was sorting out my sock drawer and I have a lot of pretty socks that I don’t wear any more. I thought you might like to have them.”

His eyes got big as saucers as he picked them up. “Really? I can have them?”

“Sure.” His amazement was adorable and I couldn’t help but laugh. “Enjoy!”

Later that week, I decided to go shoe shopping. I needed a new pair of black pumps, and I thought I would take Cody shopping with me to see if he would like some cute shoes to wear with his cute socks. One afternoon, when Cody didn’t have much homework, I said, “How would you like to go shoe shopping with me? You can wear your cute socks.”

He paused. “Won’t somebody see me?”

“Don’t worry, we’ll go to a store out of town so nobody you know will see you.”

“Okay. That would be great!”

I still didn’t feel like Cody’s mother. I might never feel like a mother, but I could tell his trust in me was growing and that gave me a warm, loving feeling inside. We got in the car and I drove all the way over to the Payless Shoe store in Goshen. We went in and went to the Ladies Shoe area, where I tried on several pairs of black pumps. Cody was watching intently.

“Well, which ones should I get?”

He smiled. “Those,” he said, pointing at the pair that I wanted to buy.

“Okay, I like those too.” After a moment, I said, “How would you like to try on a pair of cute shoes?”

He blushed. “Um, can I?”

“Sure,” I said. We walked over to the Girl’s section. “Which ones do you like?”

He looked around, and pointed at a pair of black patent Mary Janes.

I picked out a pair in what I thought was his size, and we took them over to a chair. He took off his sneakers, showing off his cute feet in sheer black trouser socks, and slid his feet into them. I felt for his toes, and the shoe seemed to be the right size.

“Now stand up and walk around in them, and see how comfortable they are.”

He stood up and walked around, staring at his feet. He was mesmerized.

“Here,” I said, “come over to the mirror.” He did, and he looked adorable in them. He was so cute. “Wow, Cody, those look really cute on you. You have really cute feet.”

“I know.” He stood there, motionless, just staring at his feet in the mirror.

Finally, I broke the silence. “Should we get them for you?”

“Can I really have them?” he stammered.

“Of course.” I laughed. “Put them back in the box so we can check out.”

On the way out of the store, I saw an ice cream parlor across the way. “How about some ice cream?” I asked.

“Sure,” he agreed.

I said, “Why don’t we go to the car and change into our new shoes and wear them to get ice cream?”

“Um, can we?”

“Sure,” I said. We went back to the car and put on our new shoes, then walked to the ice cream parlor. Cody couldn’t stop staring at his feet with a dreamy look on his face. We got our ice cream and sat down, and we both had our legs crossed and our feet sticking out of the booth. I felt so close to him at that moment, having taken him shoe shopping for his first pair of Mary Janes!

When we were almost back home, I said, “Take off your new shoes and put them back in the box if you don’t want Daddy to see. I’ll take them in with me.”

“Thanks, Mom,” he said, relieved.

I couldn’t believe he had called me Mom!

Maybe I could be his mother. In a way, I was following in the footsteps of my own mother, who had assisted me on my journey of feminization. However, Cody wasn’t my child, but John’s and if this was going to go much further, John needed to be in the loop.

That weekend, John and I went on a dress-up date and really dressed to the nines. I wore a short dress and heels and felt so sexy! After dinner, while we were waiting for dessert, I thought it was as good a time as any to bring up the subject of Cody’s dressing.

“Sweetheart, there’s something we need to talk about.”

“Well, that sounds ominous,” he said, with one eye raised.

“It’s nothing bad. Well, I don’t think it’s bad. But we should talk about it and be united about it. It’s about Cody, but first, you have to promise me you won’t get mad or fly off the handle.”

“I won’t,” he said. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Nothing’s wrong with him. But I did discover something that you should know about. I caught him the other day wearing my nylons. He panicked, and I calmed him down and told him it was alright. We talked about how he liked to wear cute things. I hope you don’t mind, but I gave him the nylons he was wearing.”

“Okay,” John said.

“John, time will tell, but I think he’s a crossdresser. Believe me, I know, I've been down this exact road. It would have been so much easier for me if the world had been more accepting of it. If this is the case, it’s not something that we or anyone else are going to be able to ‘cure’ him of. I just want you to realize that.”

“I get it,” he said. “You should know better than anyone else. I’ll need you to help me with this. It’s obvious that you two are getting close, and he trusts you. I’m so grateful for that. I guess you were the best choice for a girlfriend, for me and Cody.” John laughed, easing some of the tension.

“It’s not easy being a mother, but I’m giving it my best.”

John reached across the table and squeezed my hand. “What do you want to do?”

“I’m going to gently support him and see where his interests take him. I’ll keep you in the loop, trust me.”

~o~O~o~

Cody would sometimes wear his girl shoes in the afternoons when he was wearing trouser socks. I started to wonder if he’d like to try an entire girl outfit. In the Target ad, they had girl’s clothes on sale, including a skirt-and-sweater ensemble. One afternoon, he didn’t have much homework, and I said, “How would you like to go shopping again?”

“Um, OK, what are we shopping for?” he asked.

“How would you like an entire girl outfit? Like a skirt and a sweater?”

He smiled. “Really? That would be great.”

“Well, go put on your trouser socks and your girl shoes, and we’ll go shopping!”

I took him to the Target in Goshen. First thing when we got in the store, I steered him to the Girl’s department. There was a really cute denim miniskirt and pink sweater outfit on a mannequin. He stared at it, mesmerized.

I asked, “What do you think of that outfit?”

“It’s really pretty,” he whispered.

“How would you like to look like that? Let’s try it on.”

I picked out a skirt and sweater in his size, and then went over to Girl’s Hosiery and got a pair of white tights in his size, and led him into the women’s changing rooms. “Get undressed all the way, and first, I’ll show you how to put on tights.” I took the tights out of the package while he got undressed, and showed him how to gather the legs up and start them over his toes and pull them up his legs. His legs looked so cute in tights, and his faucet was tenting out the front – he had an erection. Oh wow, he really does like this, I thought.

We pulled the sweater over his head, and then wrapped the skirt around him. He was getting cuter by the minute!

“Okay, now put your shoes back on.” He stepped into his Mary Janes, and then I turned him to face the mirror. The look on his face was priceless. In just a few minutes, we had totally transformed him into a girl. He looked adorable. He stood there, absolutely still, staring at the mirror, smiling.

“Well, how do you like it?” I asked.

“It’s… I'm… so pretty,” he breathed.

“Would you like to have it?”

“Um, yes!” He stammered.

“Well then, we’ll take it. Go ahead and take it back off. Leave the tights on and we’ll show the tag when we check out. Give me your underwear and knee-highs and I’ll put them in my purse.”

After he got dressed, we looked at some more cute things, but none stood out like the other outfit. We checked out, and I handed the clerk the package from the tights. “He’s wearing them home,” I explained.

After we left the store, he said, “I can’t wait to wear the skirt and sweater.”

A thought struck me. “Would you like to wear them on the way home?” I asked.

“Could I?”

“Sure,” I said. “We’ll go back into the ladies’ room and you can change back into them.” We went back into the store, and found the ladies’ room, and went into an empty stall. He took his shirt and slacks back off and we put the sweater and skirt back on him. I put his shirt and slacks in the bag and we went back out to the car. A light breeze was blowing, and I said, “Can you feel the wind on your legs?”

“Mmmm-hmmm,” he giggled. “It feels weird.”

“Now you know how it feels when we wear a skirt outside.” I laughed. “Are you up for some ice cream?”

“Sure,” he said. We drove to the ice cream store and walked in, Cody two steps ahead of me, a bounce in his step. I couldn’t believe what a cute girl he made and how much more confident he appeared when in girl mode.

~o~O~o~

A few weeks later, he came home from school and announced, “Guess what we saw today! Some girls did ballet. They had really cute outfits! They were wearing white tights like mine. And a white stretchy outfit on top. Here, I have a picture!”

It was a brochure for a local ballet school. There were girls pictured wearing leotards and tights.

“It’s called a leotard or bodysuit,” I explained. “It’s what you wear to do ballet.”

“The lady said that if any of us wanted to do ballet we could call the number in the brochure.”

“Would you like to try ballet?” I asked. He really didn’t have any hobbies, and I thought it would be a good fit for him since he was effeminate.

“Um, I don’t know,” he said. “I really liked that they were wearing tights, like mine.”

“If you want, I can call the number and ask if you could try it.”

“Um, well, OK.”

A little while later, I called the number and spoke with Miss Jean, the ballet mistress. “My boyfriend’s son saw your ballet show today and was interested in it. He’s somewhat effeminate and doesn’t have any other hobbies, and we thought this might be a good fit for him.”

“It might be,” she agreed. “We have a class tomorrow afternoon at 4. Why don’t you bring him by and he can meet the other girls and see what he thinks?”

“That would be great,” I said.

When I told Cody that I had talked to the ballet mistress, and that she invited us to come and see the practice tomorrow, he became very excited.

“You should probably wear your sweater and skirt outfit and tights. They’re all girls in the class.”

The following afternoon, the minute he got home from school, he ran up to his room and changed his clothes and put on tights and a skirt. I had worn a skirt and hose that morning as well so he wouldn’t be the only one wearing a skirt. When we got to the school the girls were all milling around before the practice started, and I found Miss Jean, the ballet mistress, and introduced myself and Cody. Miss Jean took one look at him and said, “You look pretty. You’ve got white tights on just like the girls!”

“Mmmm-hmmm.” He blushed.

We sat down and watched the practice, and Cody was absolutely mesmerized. After it was over, another one of the moms, Molly, came over and introduced herself and her daughter, Melissa. Molly was dressed up in a sweater dress, black hose, and black pumps. Good choice to leave my skirt on, I thought. Melissa immediately asked Cody, “Are you joining the class?”

“Um, I don’t know. Maybe,” he said.

Melissa took him by the hand. “C’mon, I’ll introduce you to everybody!” She took him by the hand and they went off to the other room where all the girls had gone for refreshments.

Molly said, “Sorry if my daughter was so forward. She can be a little… precocious.” She laughed. “She’s probably introduced your daughter to everyone already.”

I blushed. I should probably tell her now before this goes any further. “Well, actually, he’s not my daughter. He’s my boyfriend’s son. He’s… effeminate and likes wearing girl’s things, so I’ve been letting him. It’s a kinda weird situation. His biological Mom really isn’t in the picture and he seems to be bonding to me. He’s a sweet kid and I’m doing my best to support him. He doesn’t have any hobbies and he’s been talking about ballet nonstop since he saw the class give a concert at school. I thought it would be a good fit for him.”

“Wow. It’s great that you’re there for her and supporting her. Him,” she corrected herself. “I would imagine that he’s probably going to become ‘one of the girls’ though, if he joins the class. Are you going to be OK with that?”

“I probably won’t have a choice.” I smiled.

A few minutes later, Miss Jean came over to us. “The other girls and I were talking to Cody and he said he would like to try the class. I think he would fit in well, the girls seem to be very accepting of him.” She went on, “Normally we have the boys wear pants, but if you think he would be more comfortable in a leotard and tights, I have no objection if he wears the girl uniform. We do insist that all the girls get their dancewear from the same supplier, though, so they all match. We don’t mark it up to make any money off of them. I was going to place an order for some tonight, I can order a leotard and tights for Cody if you want me to. You can pay me after they come in if you like.”

“Thanks, Miss Jean, just let me know how much it is.”

On the ride home, Cody could barely contain his excitement and talked non-stop about the class and how kind all the girls were. Melissa, it appeared, had taken him under her wing, which gave him instant acceptance. I remembered how accepting the young female organists had been about my limited crossdressing and how empowering their encouragement had been. I hoped Cody would enjoy the same.

That night, after Cody had gone to bed, I cornered John to talk about Cody’s interest in ballet. I sidled up to him in the living room, gave him a kiss, and then said, “I’ve got some good news!”

“What is it?”

“I think I found an activity for Cody!”

“What is it?”

I paused. “Ballet! He saw a ballet concert at school last week, and brought home a brochure about the local ballet school that put on the concert, telling about how neat he thought it was. I thought it would be a great fit with Cody, since he’s a little... effeminate, and this is the first activity I’ve heard him express an interest in. So I called the ballet school and talked to them. They said to bring him over to watch a class. I took him over there last Tuesday, and he really seemed to like it. The other girls made a big fuss over him. So I took a chance and ordered him the uniform for the class. I hope it’s OK.”

“You mean like… tights and tutus?”

“Well, tights and a leotard, anyway.”

John shifted in his chair. “Do you think this is a good idea? I mean, you know a lot more about this than I do, since you went through the whole transgendered thing, but do you think you might be moving too fast?”

“I don’t know. I know how I felt when I wanted to wear girl’s things and be like a girl, and all the resistance I got about it. I don’t know the depth of Cody’s feelings, and I suspect we won’t until we let him try it.”

“Alright, but just don’t push him any farther than he wants to go on his own, OK?”

“Deal. If he indicates a hesitation to do any of this, I’ll let him opt out. In the meantime, though, if you see him in his ballet costume, you need to be really supportive.”

“Don’t worry, I will. How does he look in it?”

I smiled. “He’s adorable. You can hardly tell he isn’t a girl.”

~o~O~o~

A few days later, Miss Jean called and told me that Cody’s dancewear had come in and invited him to come to the next class. I made sure to get dressed up for work – I wore a black sweater top, red skirt, nude hose, and mid-heel black pumps. When Cody and I arrived, Miss Jean met us at the door.

“Welcome back! I have Cody’s leotard and tights for him to change into. I also ordered him a pair of ballet slippers. I forgot to tell you he would need those as well.”

“Oh that’s fine,” I said.

She whisked him off to the back. I sat down with Molly and the other moms to watch the practice. When Cody came out with the other girls, in his white leotard and tights and ballet slippers, I couldn’t believe how cute he looked!

After class was over, Melissa and Cody came running up to Molly and me. Cody had put his denim miniskirt back on over his leotard and tights, and had his pink sweater top in his hand. Breathlessly, Melissa asked, “Can Cody and his mom come out for ice cream with us?”

Molly said, “Melissa and I normally go out for ice cream after class. Would you two like to join us?”

Cody said, “Can we, Mom?”

I couldn’t believe he was calling me ‘Mom’. It really felt nice! “Sure,” I said. “Lead the way!”

We got in our cars and drove to Dairy Queen. Looking at Cody, I said, “I see you left your tights and leotard on and put your skirt on over them.”

“That’s what all the other girls do. Next time I have to put my leotards on at home with a skirt over them so I don’t need to change at class.”

“Oh, OK,” I said, smiling knowingly. He is becoming such a girl! And I am becoming the mom to...well...a very girly boy.

After we got our ice cream, Cody and Melissa went off and sat by themselves.

“I guess we’re just the frumpy old moms,” said Molly with a laugh.

“Yeah, we’re not cool anymore,” I agreed, smiling.

She went on, “I see you got dressed up again. All the moms normally wear skirts or dresses and hose. That’s the unofficial ‘Mom dress code’. Our daughters really let us hear about it if we’re not dressed up enough. Slacks are probably OK, but you’ll need to wear hose and heels with them.”

“I picked up on how you were all dressed up the first time we came. I’m a professional so I always dress up for work. I do wear mostly slacks but always wear heels and always wear hose underneath unless it’s really hot.”

We had a great time and then headed home. On the way home, I posed a question that I was certain Cody had been considering, even if he didn’t want to.

“You know, at some point you’re going to have to let Daddy see you in your girl things, especially your ballet outfit.”

He hesitated. “I’m afraid he’ll be mad.”

“Don’t worry, he won’t. I told him he has to give it a chance. He will. When you take off your new ballet tights, bring them to me so I can wash them separately with my nylons. They’re really sheer.”

The following weekend, I talked John into taking us to a nice restaurant for dinner. I had an idea to show John how good Cody looked in girl clothes. When it was time to get dressed, I went into my room and put on pantyhose and my short peach dress. I called Cody into his room, and he said, “Wow Mommy, you’re really pretty. Why are you so dressed up?”

“We’re going to go to a really nice place to eat tonight. Since I’m wearing a dress, why don’t you wear your sweater and skirt set?”

“Mmmm, I’ll need to wear tights too, right?”

“Mmmm-hmmm. Just like Mommy’s wearing pantyhose,” I said, showing him my leg.

“What if Daddy doesn’t like it? What if he gets mad at me?”

“I’ll be right there with you. We’ll both be wearing dresses.”

“Um, OK,” he said.

“Go ahead and put on your tights and your nice outfit. When you’re ready, we’ll go down together and see Daddy.”

He went back to his room and dressed, and I went back in my room and stepped into my beige high heeled pumps. When he came out of his room in his skirt and sweater, I steered him into the bathroom and combed his hair, and said, “Just remember, when we go out, if you have to go potty, we have to use the lady's room, and you have to sit down to go.” Then, we walked down into the living room where John was.

As we walked in, I said, “Well Daddy, what do you think of your two pretty girls?”

He looked up, and the look on his face when he saw Cody was priceless. He smiled ear-to-ear. “Wow, Cody, you look beautiful!”

Cody lit up. He was so relieved. “Thanks, Daddy. I feel really pretty!”

“I’m going out to eat with the two prettiest girls in the world!”

We had a wonderful dinner. As soon as we arrived at the restaurant, I steered Cody into the lady's room, and we both tinkled. When we were seated, the maitre’d held Cody’s chair out for him and said, “Here you are, miss,” while John seated me. Cody smiled like a million candlepower.

Cody behaved wonderfully. If anyone suspected he was not a girl, no one showed any signs. The time he spent with the girls at ballet appeared to be a positive influence. I did notice a boy about Cody’s age at a nearby table staring in Cody’s direction. The boy was eating dinner with his sisters and parents. The boy was making an effort, not very successful, to hide his glances. I fondly remembered going out with my mother as a teen, partially dressed in women’s clothes, and attracting the attention of young men. I said nothing to Cody about his admirer and Cody appeared not to notice. I half expected the boy to introduce himself but he was too shy. Probably for the best because I didn’t think Cody and John were ready for that type of attention.

After we got home, we all changed out of our good clothes. I took my dress off and put on a brown sweater, and jeans over my pantyhose. Cody went into his room and took off his skirt and sweater, and was laying around in his tights.

~o~O~o~

The next Tuesday, after Cody had his ballet lesson and we came home, I said, “Why don’t you leave your ballet clothes on and show Daddy? Take off your skirt and your pretty shoes, and put on your ballet shoes.”

He did, and we walked out into the family room. I said, “Daddy, look at our pretty ballerina.”

Cody did a pirouette like they had been working on in class, and John applauded and said, “Very nice! How do you like ballet?”

“I really like it. We’re going to have a concert before too long and you and Mommy have to come!”

The concert was on a Sunday afternoon, and we got all dressed up for it. I wore my peach dress again, with high heeled beige sandals this time. We had a nice lunch before the concert. When we got home, Cody asked, “Can I leave my skirt on?”

“Of course, sweetie, but I’m getting out of this dress.” I went up to my room to change, and Cody followed. “Is it OK if I come in while you’re changing?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said. I pulled my dress over my head and hung it up, then took off my slip. I put my lacy brown top on and a pair of tight jeans over my pantyhose.

Cody was staring at my feet again. “You have pretty red toenails.”

A thought struck me. “Cody, would you like me to paint your toenails?”

“Sure,” he said.

I got my red nail polish off my dresser, and said, “OK, take off your tights.”

He did, and I sat down on the bed. “Here, sit down next to me.” He did, and I took his feet one at a time and painted his toenails. “You have to stay off your feet until the polish dries. Lay here and I’ll go get your ballet book to read.”

“Thanks Mommy!”

After a little while, I went in and felt his toes. They were dry. “OK sweetie, you can put your tights back on now.”

He did and looked so cute with his red painted toenails showing through his white tights!

~o~O~o~

The next Tuesday, Molly and I both wore black print rompers, with black, sheer-to-waist pantyhose and black flats. After the practice, we went for ice cream, and Molly and I were talking about shoes, and comparing our ballet flats, when she asked, “Why don’t we go back to our house for a while? The girls can play together and you and I can go upstairs and have some... mom time,” she whispered.

“Oh, that sounds heavenly.” I smiled, wondering if “mom time” meant what I thought it did.

We gathered the kids up and went back to Molly’s house. When we got inside, we all stepped out of our flats, and Molly told the kids, “You guys can go and play in Melissa’s room if you want. Tracy and I are going to have some mom time.”

“Okay,” said Melissa. The girl smiled knowingly.

We went up to the master suite. Molly closed the door.

“Um, Molly,” I said, “there’s something you need to know. I’m… transgendered. I present as a woman but I’m still biologically male. I hope that isn’t a dealbreaker.”

“Not at all,” she said. “C’mon, let’s get started.” She undid the front buttons on her romper and wiggled out of it, standing there in just a black underwire bra and sheer-to-waist black pantyhose, with no panties underneath.

I undressed as well, and we spent a few poignant moments looking at each other.

Molly wrapped her arms around me again, and we French kissed. When we broke apart, she pulled her pantyhose down and slid them off one leg, then shucked her bra in one quick motion. Laying on the bed on her back, spread-eagled, she moaned, “Oh Tracy, come inside me.”

I immediately pulled my pantyhose down to my thighs and mounted her. She assisted me inside her and we made love slowly and deliberately. I felt myself going over the edge and I thrusted deeply inside her as I squirted. She came just as I did, and we slowly stopped thrusting and relaxed.

We must have fallen asleep briefly. When I awoke, I sat up, pulled my pantyhose back up, tucked my now flaccid dick in, located my romper, and stepped back into it. Molly stirred, and I handed her her bra.

“Mmmm, thanks,” she said softly.

“Here, I’ll hook you,” I said.

She put her arms through the straps and I hooked her. She put her arms around me and we kissed again, then she took her romper and stepped back into it. Standing in front of the mirror, she said, “We should probably comb our hair so it doesn’t look like we just had sex.” She giggled. After sharing one final kiss, she said, “We should probably go check on the kids.”

We needn’t have worried. They were in Melissa’s room, trying on her clothes.

On the drive home, Cody seemed thoughtful and serious. I was beginning to worry that my little romp with Molly had upset him. I knew John wouldn’t mind. Not so sure about Molly’s husband, but Melissa acted as if “mom time” was a common event. I decided it was best to address any issues head on.

“Penny for your thoughts? You seem upset.”

“Oh. Sorry. I’m fine.” He returned to staring out the window.

“Are you upset that I spent some ‘mom time’ with Melissa’s mother?”

“No. What is ‘mom time’ anyway? Melissa said it’s when mom’s get together to kiss and makeout. Is that it?”

“Something like that. Does that bother you?”

“No.” He answered as if my question was ridiculous.

Now I was very perplexed. What could be the problem? Fortunately, Cody blurted it out, because stupid me didn’t have a clue.

“Melissa has a lot of pretty clothes. All I have is one outfit and my ballet clothes. I’m sorry. Daddy always tells me I should be thankful. But....” He kept his face to the window, but I could hear the tears in his voice.

“Oh, Cody. You want some more girl clothes?”

“I know they’re expensive.”

“Not always. Us girls have to be accomplished shoppers. And Molly has been buying Melissa clothes for years. We’ve just started on your wardrobe. I’ll talk to Daddy and see what I can do with the budget. Okay?”

“Thanks, Mommy.”

My heart melted whenever I heard mommy pass his lips. How could I deny him? It appeared I would be perusing the sales brochures and hitting the second hand stores.

~o~O~o~

During our ice cream stop after the next ballet practice, Molly and I were talking about the kid’s upcoming birthdays.

“Melissa really wants a pair of tight blingy jeans, and I’m not sure that’s appropriate for her yet. Sometimes I really struggle with balancing limits and letting her express herself. Cody has been a really good influence on her. She doesn’t have many friends, and she and Cody seem to hit it off so well.”

“I know, I’m really thankful for how this whole ballet thing has worked out for Cody. Not just giving him a hobby, but I know he’s enjoying dressing like a girl, and he talks non-stop about Melissa. You think you’re having a tough time raising a girl? You at least were one growing up. I didn’t start dressing as a girl until I was a teenager, and didn’t actually transition into a woman full-time until a few years ago. And now I’ve got to guide a boy that wants to be a girl! Every day is a new experience. Fortunately, John is supportive, and I don’t have to fight him about it.”

Molly said, “Oh wow, I didn’t think about that. If Cody is any indication, you seem to be doing a fabulous job. At least we can bounce ideas off each other!”

After a pause, I said, “You know, there’s more to the jeans question than you think. As close as Melissa and Cody are, if one of them gets something, the other one is going to want it too.”

“Oh, you’re right.” Molly laughed. “So are we going to let them get slutty jeans, or are we going to be Frumpy Old Moms?”

I thought about it for a moment, and said, “I don’t know. They’re already wearing leotards and tights which are pretty revealing, and they don’t seem to be sexualized by it. It’s just the required uniform for dance. I think we’re reading more into it than they are.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right.” After a pause, Molly said, “Since their birthdays are the week after next, why don’t we take them shopping after next week’s practice? They can help each other pick out clothes, and we’ll still be there to keep things reasonable.”

“Sounds good! Let’s plan on that,” I said.

On the way home, I stopped at Target to get pantyhose. After I picked out several pairs of sheer pantyhose for me, I saw they also had girl’s pantyhose.

I picked up a pair and showed them to Cody. “How would you like to wear pantyhose with your skirt, like me?”

“Oh, that would be great!” he breathed.

On Friday night, John wanted to go to a nice restaurant, so we got dressed up again. When we were changing clothes, I went into Cody’s room in my robe and pantyhose, and took the girl’s pantyhose out of the package and gave them to him.

“These are more delicate than tights, so you have to be really careful when you’re putting them on.”

He carefully slid them up his legs, and I helped him get the wrinkles out of them. When he finished, we looked at ourselves in the mirror, and he said, “Wow, Mommy! My legs look just like yours!”

“Yes, they do,” I said, touching his hair. “We both have pretty legs!”

After we finished dressing, I helped Cody put on some lip gloss and combed his longish hair in a feminine style.

“How would you feel about wearing this?” I held out a barrette with a pink bow on it.

“Oh, Mommy! That’s so pretty. I’ve seen girls at school wear those. Is that yours?”

“No.” I laughed. “It’s a bit young-looking for me. But it’s perfect for you. It’s yours. I picked it up on the way home from work.”

I gathered some of his hair and clipped it in place at the back of his head. It looked adorable and made his hairstyle look even more feminine.

After Cody admired himself in the mirror for a few minutes, we went down to the living room where John was waiting. As John looked up at us and smiled, he said, “Wow! Look at my two pretty girls!”

Cody said, “Look Daddy! I’m wearing pantyhose just like Mommy!”

John said, “Wow! You look so grown up!”

~o~O~o~

And he acted grown up during dinner, at least he acted more like a twelve-year-old girl. He was showing more confidence in his girlish persona. He was moving with more grace and sitting with his legs pressed together. The pink bow at the back of his head looked so cute. He even evinced some of the mannerisms of the other ballet girls.

Cody seemed so happy as a girl and he was adapting so readily, like it was natural for him. A serious thought intruded on my happy musings. Where was all this going to lead? Puberty lurked just around the corner. John was enjoying his steak and drawing on Cody’s happy vibe. I sensed they were both oblivious to the problems and hard decisions around the corner. I put those thoughts away and was determined to have a good time with my new daughter who called me mommy.

When we arrived home, John headed to the family room to watch television. I followed Cody up to his room to help him put away his clothes. I turned after folding away his sweater to find him sitting on the edge of his bed. He had donned his pajama tops. Rubbing his pantyhose-clad legs together, making that swish-swish sound, he smiled up at me.

“They feel so good. I don’t want to take them off.”

“That’s one of the secret pleasures us girls enjoy. Wearing pantyhose and rubbing our legs together.”

Cody giggled and continued to rub his legs together and then alternated rubbing one foot up and down the other leg.

I unzipped and stepped out of my skirt. I sat on the bed next to him and rubbed my legs together. It was a simple pleasure that I remembered from my early days in pantyhose. My mother and I bonded over pantyhose and now Cody and I were doing the same.

He wanted to sleep in them, but I convinced him that he needed to wash them. After hanging up our hose to dry, Cody pulled on his pajama bottoms and crawled into bed. I noticed his panties and realized I hadn’t seen any of his boy briefs in the wash for some weeks.

“Mommy? Can I ask you something?”

“Of course.” I sat on his bed.

“Are nightgowns expensive?”

“Well, it depends. Just like any clothes. Some are and some aren’t but generally they’re not very pricey. Do you want a nightgown?”

“Melissa has a very pretty pink nightgown in this soft, thick material and, well, I thought maybe you could ask her mom about it?”

“I’ll do that. It sounds like fleece. Very warm. We may not be able to get the same one, but maybe at least close, okay?”

“Thank you, Mommy.” Did he realize that when he called me mommy, I couldn’t deny him anything?

Everyone was so happy, I thought as I left Cody’s room. It was easy to procrastinate. John and I would discuss the issues of Cody’s future another time.

~o~O~o~

Procrastinating proved to be quite easy. Cody was acting so much like a girl at times that it was easy to think he really was a preteen girl. On Saturday afternoon, he and Melissa talked on the phone for over two hours. I had to make them stop so we could eat dinner. On Sunday, with a little nudging from me, Cody showed off some of his ballet skills for John, who was suitably impressed. That would have been a good night for John and me to talk, but I chickened out.

And now we were on our way to ballet practice. Cody hadn’t mentioned acquiring more clothes again. He was likely expecting some for his birthday. I had found a pink, fleece nightgown, already wrapped and tied with a ribbon and bow. Barbie was blazoned across the front of the gown and every edge was adorned with white lace. Over-the-top girly was the only word for it.

I glanced at Cody and found him rubbing his fingers across his tight-clad thighs. I wondered. Did Cody want to be a girl or did he just want to dress like a girl? Was this only about the tight-fitting clothes and fabrics? Society was so unfair to boys and men, forcing them into such boring clothes.

“Molly and I have a surprise for you and Melissa after practice today.”

“Other than ice cream?”

“Yes, something very different.”

I could tell the wheels in his head were churning a mile a minute. “For our birthdays?”

“I guess you could say that.”

“Are we going out for cake instead of ice cream?”

I laughed. “It’s a surprise. You’ll find out after practice.”

“Does Melissa know?”

I laughed again. The boy was relentless. I regretted not keeping my mouth shut. “No, she does not. It’s a surprise.”

Molly and Melissa arrived in the parking lot a few moments after us. Cody and Melissa hugged and started chattering. I heard the word surprise bandied about like a hot potato.

Molly and I embraced as well. For a moment I thought she was going to kiss me, but she wisely changed course at the last moment. Molly wore a forest green, above-the-knee skirt with brown hose and shiny black two-inch pumps. Her tight knit top swept low, revealing enough cleavage to teeter on the edge of respectable and risque. I felt a bit frumpy in my business-friendly blouse and below-the-knee navy skirt and black nylons. My one-inch heels screamed practical.

“You look amazing, Molly. I should have dressed up more. This is just what I wore to work.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I felt like looking sexy today.” She winked.

“Mom,” whined Melissa. “Please, please, pleeeease tell us what the surprise is.”

“No. And if you ask me one more time, there won’t be one.”

Melissa rolled her eyes. “Told you,” she said to Cody. The pair held hands as they raced for the door.

“Don’t run,” called Molly. “And remember what I told you.”

“Yes, Mom.”

“You made the same mistake I did.”

“Oh, well,” said Molly. “I knew what would happen. You have to admit it’s fun to watch them suffer a bit. Maybe suffering isn’t the right word.”

“I think it is. And you’re right. Our wallets will certainly be suffering soon.”

“I told Melissa that if she didn’t pay attention during practice, she wouldn’t even be getting ice cream. She’s supposed to tell Cody as well.”

“Oh my. I didn’t think about ruining their concentration.”

Molly laughed. “Not my first rodeo, you know.” She squeezed my hand.

Molly’s outfit garnered a few raised eyebrows. When she crossed her legs, causing her skirt to ride higher, I couldn’t help but notice her legs.

I feared disaster, but Molly’s words had a positive effect. Both Melissa and Cody proved the most attentive students on the floor, which was all the more impressive knowing the excitement threatening to burst out of them.

After practice, we headed out to the parking lot with the girls in tow. It was hard not to think of Cody as one of the girls in his leotard, skirt, and tights, but even more than his clothes, there was the stream of excited giggles erupting from both of them. I felt both happy for and jealous of Cody. I never got to experience pre-teen girlish silliness with my friends.

We stopped beside Molly’s car and faced the girls. Molly smiled and raised her eyebrows. Melissa was struggling to not ask.

“Well,” said Molly. “Are you ready for your surprise?”

“Yes!” they screamed in unison.

“We’re going clothes shopping at the mall in Goshen. You can finally get those tight blingy jeans you’ve been going on about.”

The pair cheered and screamed and jumped up and down. A few moms and students from the class looked our way. I would have never thought Cody could act this way, but it was a joy to watch such pure happiness.

We ushered the kids into the backseat of Molly’s car. An adventure in shopping awaited us in Goshen. While Molly and I chatted in the front seat, Cody and Melissa chattered about clothes in the back.

We entered the mall and headed straight for a store specializing in clothes for girls and young women. It was so cute to see Cody and Melissa in their matching ballet outfits holding hands. Being a weekday afternoon, there were few other shoppers.

A salesgirl--in her early twenties I guessed--approached us immediately. Was she bored or did she smell an easy sale?

“Hello. How can I help you young ladies?” She smiled broadly and addressed the question to Cody and Melissa. I’m certain Molly and Melissa didn’t notice the few seconds the salesgirl's gaze lingered over Cody, but as a veteran of crossdressing, I knew what it meant.

“We’re looking for jeans. For them.” Molly nodded toward the girls.

“Of course. Well we have plenty to choose from. I’m Tanya by the way.”

The four of us followed Tanya toward the back of the store, past racks of tops, dresses, and skirts.

“We both have birthdays soon,” said Melissa.

“Do you,” said Tanya. “Well happy birthday to both of you. What are your names?”

I felt a twinge of fear for Cody. His name was technically unisex but more often used for boys. Melissa wouldn’t think anything of it, but would the salesgirl put it together if she already had suspicions?

“I’m Melissa and this is Cody.”

“Pleased to meet you. Did you girls come from ballet practice?”

Melissa chattered about ballet for a moment until we reached the racks of jeans at which point Melissa and Cody forgot everything other than jeans.

“Are you looking for anything in particular?” Tanya asked Molly and me.

“I think we can handle it from here,” said Molly.

“Certainly. If you need the fitting rooms, just give me a shout. And I love your outfit.”

Tanya wandered off to speak to the other salesgirl. Neither looked our way, so I assumed Tanya was blabbing that one of the little girls is really a boy. I don’t know why I was so concerned. Cody was certainly acting like a girl.

Melissa quickly found what she wanted. As Molly had predicted, Cody wanted a pair in the same style. Unsure how his size would translate to girl’s sizes in this brand, I picked out several sizes for Cody to try on while Molly fetched Tanya.

The girls went into the same fitting room. We heard some giggling. Tanya commented that they seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Molly emerged first and spun around for us. I wouldn’t call them slutty, as Molly had done, but they were definitely form fitting, almost as tight as her tights. And the fancy stitching and colored glass decorations left no doubt they were girl’s jeans.

“Those look great,” said Tanya and then quizzed Melissa about the fit in the legs and waist.

Cody came out and asked my opinion. He said the first pair was too short and the second too tight at the waist. They weren’t as tight as Melissa’s, but they fit him, and he seemed pleased, which was the important point.

Tanya asked Cody the same questions she had asked Melissa.

“What size does she usually wear?”

I made up something about Cody being in between sizes and how we always had to try on several pairs regardless of the brand. I answered her question without answering it.

Tanya nodded knowingly. I think I had given her the answer she expected, which was we don’t know her size in girl’s jeans.

Despite my unease with Tanya, I decided it was more important to make Cody happy. He wanted more girl’s clothes and I had noticed a couple dresses and skirts he might like. Cody’s gender was none of Tanya’s business.

When Melissa and Cody came out of the dressing room holding their jeans and with their skirts back on, I asked Cody if he wanted to look at the dresses. His eyes lit up like a lighthouse beacon.

An hour later we left the store with the girls carrying their purchases. In addition to his blingy jeans, Cody had a dress, a skirt, and sweater to go with the skirt. Cody looked so incredibly happy. Any price seemed worth his joy. I needed to convince John of that before the credit card bill arrived. And I was still feeling paranoid about Tanya. I sensed over and over that she was on the verge of saying something to me, but she couldn’t pull the trigger. When we turned a corner, I noticed her at the front of the store, watching us.

“Buyer’s remorse already?” said Molly.

“What? No, that will happen when the bill arrives. Why?”

“You looked troubled.”

I whispered my suspicion about Tanya in Molly’s ear.

“Oh, I didn’t think so. Maybe Cody reminded her of someone?”

“I guess you’re right. I’m just being silly.”

Melissa spotted a store that sold cheap costume jewelry aimed at teens. We gave each of the girls a ten and rested on a bench with all the bags.

“Any plans for dinner?” asked Molly.

“No, John knew we would be late so he arranged to eat out with some work mates.”

“Well, it’s just Melissa and I at home this week so how about we get some takeout on the way home and make an evening of it at my place.”

“Sure, that sounds like fun.”

“Speaking of fun.” Molly had taken off her pumps to rub her feet. She smiled seductively as she caressed my leg with her foot. “Maybe we could work in a little ‘mom time’ too?”

My face flushed and my groin stirred. The mall was suddenly feeling a lot warmer. “I suppose we could do that.”

We both giggled like the preteens we were supposed to be in charge of.

Melissa and Cody returned with some new jewelry. Cody was wearing a bracelet, Melissa a necklace. They had also bought some barrettes that they planned to divide between them.

The girls--so easy to think of Cody as a girl when he’s with Melissa--wanted McDonalds. After a stop at the drive through, we swung by the school so I could follow Molly back to her house in my car.

After downing our meal, Molly suggested Cody and Melissa watch the new anime film that Melissa had received from her aunt.

When they were settled in front of the television with their milkshakes, Molly told Melissa that we were going to enjoy some “mom time.” They nodded, not seeming to care, already engrossed in the start of their movie.

As soon as the door to Molly’s bedroom closed, she attacked me, wrapping her arms around me and planting a passionate kiss on my mouth. I was a very willing victim. We kicked off our heels before rolling on the bed. Soon, our skirts and blouses had joined our shoes on the floor. I was shocked to see Molly in a matching bra and panty set complete with garter belt and stockings.

“You were prepared,” I said.

“You’ve got that right, girlfriend. Making love to a woman like this is so hot.” She pushed her panties down her stocking-clad legs and kicked them off. “Now fuck me!”

I pushed my pantyhose down enough to free my erection. I mounted her and did what she asked. All the tensions of the shopping trip--the costs, Tanya’s suspicions--came out in my exertions. The bed creaked like a rocking chair gone berserk. The headboard kept time on the wall. Molly moaned and wrapped her legs around mine. The friction of nylon rubbing nylon was exquisite.

We lay side by side, panting to catch our breaths.

“That was amazing,” said Molly. “What got into you?”

“Don’t know.” I tucked myself and pulled up my pantyhose. “Must have been the McDonalds.”

Molly laughed. “That’s where we’re eating from now on.” She rolled on top and kissed me. “I guess we don’t have time for round two.”

“Not unless that anime is a Lord of the Rings epic.”

Molly sighed and plopped onto her back.

“I guess the first time wasn’t a one-off,” I said.

“No. I hope not. Is it a problem? John?”

“No. I think I’m okay there. I was.... I guess I was a little surprised.”

“Well, girlfriend.” Molly hovered above me, diving down for more kisses. “I’m looking forward to a very wild and exciting future.”

I was beginning to think Molly might be more girl than I could handle. After a few more kisses and a promise to do this again and soon, I convinced Molly that we needed to dress and see to the girls.

We found them watching a different movie. They had also cut the tags off their new jeans and were wearing them over their ballet tights and leotards. I always loved to wear nylons under my jeans. I was pleased to see Cody was carrying on the tradition. I hurried Cody toward the car as I didn’t want John to worry if he arrived home before us.

Cody admired his jeans. “Can I wear these to school?”

“Well, they’re obviously girls' jeans. You might be in for some ribbing. Some of the other boys might laugh at you.”

“Oh.”

“But you can wear them when we go out, like when we go out to eat.”

“Okay.”

I could tell that answer did not satisfy him.

“Did you have fun during ‘Mom time’?”

“Yes,” I answered cautiously. “Molly and I enjoyed our time together.”

“Melissa wanted to go up and listen at her mom’s door.”

“What?” My heart caught in my chest. My foot slammed the break. We stopped with a lurch. “You didn’t.”

“No. I told her we shouldn’t, so we put on our jeans instead.”

I took a moment to breathe again. “Sorry. It’s very unkind to spy on people like that. I’m proud of you, Cody, for making the right decision.”

“Melissa thought you two might be talking about gifts for Christmas.”

I almost laughed but suppressed it to a smile. Molly and I were being reckless. And I needed to confess this to John before it progressed any further. I was wrapped up in my own problems when Cody kicked over my proverbial applecart.

“Can I go to school as a girl?”

up
26 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

interesting

lisa charlene's picture

i think Cody turned the apple cart upside down good story keep it going

Mom And Daughter

joannebarbarella's picture

In synch, but Cody is innocent in the way of the world. I hope this can continue without damage to the child.

If it makes you happy

It's definitely time to get the father more involved and I would guess the biological mother might get involved also. It could be some rocky times ahead. I hope things come out right for Cody

Time is the longest distance to your destination.