Birth of Lesley Renee Part 1

Printer-friendly version

by: Lesley Renee Charles

Part One - Preschool Years

I was born on Sunday, September 26, 1965 in Somerville, New Jersey. The first three years of my life were uneventful. Around the age of three, I realized that I would grow up to be female. I had no idea of the different plumbing of the sexes at the time so I just knew I would grow up to be a woman.

I wanted to play with dolls and fell in love with the Dawn doll series. I refused to play with my matchbox cars and trucks. My older half brother would force me to play with them. Also, around that time I would walk on my toes emulating walking in high heel shoes. This also freaked my family out. My preferred playmates were girls. I always got along better with them than with boys.

I was also in my first and only year of nursery school at the time. My mother later told me that I was picked on by the boys and taken under the wing of the nursery school owner’s older daughter. I was an extremely good-natured and sweet child. I usually did what I was told.

When playing house I would always be a daughter. I felt more comfortable in the feminine role. I would almost always act effeminate. Around this time, I was called a fag and fairy by some of the teen-age boys in my neighborhood.

I would play dress up in my mother’s and my friends’ mothers’ clothes. I especially liked to wear the high heel shoes. I had many girl friends and very few boy friends. I just did not feel comfortable around boys, even though I was told that I should hang out with them.

(continued)

 © 2000
The above work is copyrighted material. Anyone wishing to copy, archive, or re-post this story must contact the author for permission.

up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You were born...

Andrea Lena's picture

...or rather she was born, as it were, when I was just experiencing crossdressing as a teen I like the beginning of this even though I hate how she was treated. Thank you for writing this today.

P.S. I always thought Somerville High School looked like a factory with the big smoke stack on the side.



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

My story

I was just born in Somerville, NJ went to school in Lawrence High. This was therapeutic to write. We grow up feeling alone, so I want others to know that we are not. The ironic thing is my closest friend from 4th grade on is also transitioning, just never talked with each other.

Birth of Lesley Renee Part 1

Thank you for telling us about yourself.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine