Changing For Gym - The English Student Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Changing For Gym - The English Student Part 4

Beginning to blossom

Andrea begins to emerge and changes continue apace.

***

Sporting her new hairstyle, Andrew made his way out into the corridor. Oddly, nobody made any nasty comments as he realised that Patty had styled it into an androgynous style neither fully female nor overtly male but it felt lovely. Andrew wondered if that cute boy Jack would appreciate it, the thought bringing a gentle smile to his lips as she imagined how it would feel tilting her face to meet his…

With a spring in his step Andrew made his way to the next class having completely forgotten that today his mother was scheduled to visit Ms Werner, the School Counsellor for a review and progress meeting. Connie met him and they made their way to Home Ec and his date with the fine art of sewing. It was a surprise but Andrew had something of a knack with a needle and thread and had already earned his first A for sewing. Nice to get the grade but too bad my first A is for sewing a new apron and Mrs Hartford has me wearing it in class. Mom will have a cow! He thought as they entered the class.

***

His mother was, at that very moment, feeling a pride in her child’s achievements. Ms Werner, the School Counsellor, was delivering a progress report about Andrew and how he was making friends both boy and girl and settling into the new environment. She felt a warm glow as she thought of the lifelong friendships with her girlfriends, she remembered the sleepovers and gigglefests that ensued. Ms Werner continued to describe the classes and teachers reports and, as she expected, academically all was going quite well. The only cloud on the horizon was Andrews reaction to the death of his father, afterwards it was though all his emotions had turned off but lately, she realised that Andrea had been much more open with her emotions.

The School was happy with the developments, Andrea's mother had visited a few times and she had been receptive to the gentle nudges the School had given.

***

“So how’s the design coming?” Connie asked.

“Not too sure, I’ve some ideas but think I might look in the Mall and see what they’ve got there.”

“Well with that hairstyle you’re going to find plenty to suit you hun” Connie looked closely at Andrew made a slight frown and looked pensive.

“What’s wrong? Did Patty make a mess?”

“No doofus! I’ve just noticed your ears.”

“What? What’s wrong with them?”

“Nothing silly!” she beamed “but why haven’t you gotten them pierced?”

“Oh I see, it just… well I never really thought about it, why?”

“Well you’d look really cute with a set of earrings and you need some accessories for the outfit and show. Maybe we can hit Claires too?”

“What’s a Claires?”

“Trust me Andy, you’ll love it and we can hit Claires on Friday after school.”

“Ladies, I understand the need to talk occasionally but you really need to get a grip of the political system here in the United States.” Mr Bainbridge, the Pol Sci tutor reminded them. He was generally quite easy going, not minding a little chat if it was matched by work and returned to the explanation of State Government.

***

“Hey Andy, something’s changed about you.” Jack giving another broad grin that Andrea found cute and seemed to be doing so more often.

“Little me?” Andrew returned the smile.

“I know…” he leant forward, “You’ve changed your hairstyle! I like it, it really suits you but…”

“But what?”
“I was wondering why you never pierced your ears.”

“Funny, Connie mentioned that in class. We’re going to somewhere called Claires when we hit the Mall on Friday. What are we doing tonight?”

“Well I thought a quick bite at Rusty’s and then take in a movie. Any preference about that?”

“Not really, let’s see what’s on then go to Rusty’s?”

“Sure, no hassle.”

Shyly reaching out his hand, Jack took hold of his friends delicate hand as they walked out of the School. Andrew felt a flush as her friend took her hand and thought a blush was playing across her face. She leant gently into Jack as they walked towards Rusty’s…

Almost there! The School though as the two close friends left together. Much better to let things develop in their own way and Jack and Andrea were fast becoming a couple. Still, there was the emptiness that lay in Andrea’s heart and the School knew that it could not intervene directly.

They ended up selecting a “Rom-Com” rather than the SF and action movies Andrew had enjoyed in the past. Indeed, Andrew spent most of the movie snuggled up against Jack’s chest. Somehow it seemed so very right to be held close by his friend. The walk back home was taken slowly and there seemed to be little to say in words but the gestures and actions told of a growing and deepening relationship.

“Thanks for a lovely evening Jack….” Andrew hesitated as he looked deeply into his eyes.

“No hassles? I’ve not enjoyed an evening like that since…. Well you are wonderful company. Can we do this again?”

Andrew felt a blush begin to build and rise on her cheeks as she tilted her face upwards just as Jack leant in towards her. The kiss was fleeting, unexpected, but it sent shockwaves flickering across her body. She felt her nipples harden as feelings that she had never considered flew across her mind.

“I’d love to Jack. This weekend?”

“Sure, I’ve got a match Saturday afternoon, say how about you join us and we can take another movie or a meal afterwards?”

“Great, I’m shopping with the girls after school on Friday so can get a new outfit to wear too. Football is still a total mystery to me but I’ll bet you can’t wait to explain the finer points.”

“You bet I would Andy, well I’ve got to go. Thanks for tonight.” With a final wave Jack turned and made his way home as Andrew opened the front door of their home.

***

Stepping into the living room, Andrew found his mother waiting for him…

“Nice night out?”

“Sure, Jack’s invited me to join him on Saturday and watch a football match. I still don’t think I’ll ever get used to the sport but it sounds like it’ll be fun.”

“”Well I saw your counsellor and got your progress report. I’m pleased that you are settling in so well. Now what’s this about a fashion show?”

“Mo-om!” Andrew whined, the pleasant feelings from this evening beginning to dissipate as he wondered what his mom had been told.

“I just heard that you are designing a dress and modelling it in the fashion show.”

“Well its part of the assessment, I have to do it but perhaps can model the dress more privately….”

“No dear” she smiled, “I’ve spoken to Mrs Hartford and she has agreed you can take part with everybody else in your class. Trust me, modelling can be great fun, you can get glammed up and I know you can design a lovely outfit. Tell you what, we can get you a nice appointment for a makeover before the show but you’ll need some better clothes. As a reward for doing so well, I’m going to give you an allowance for some new clothes so when you and the girls hit the mall you can do a little “power shopping”. Trust me dear, you are going to enjoy it.” His mother gave Andrew a warm smile “Now I think you still have homework to do so scoot!” She sat back with her coffee thinking how nice it was that her child was finally leaving that extended tomboy phase…

Andrew sat in his room thoughts flying through his mind. Idly he scratched at his chest, he had changed the washing powder several times but he must he developing an allergy he thought… But new clothes? What should a girl wear on Saturday when she went on another date with that hottie Jack? Andrea lay back on the bed as a smile flickered across her lips as she remembered the kiss…

***

“So how did last night go? Come on… spill!” Connie was all but bouncing as she saw Andrew arrive at school the following morning.

“Weell, it’s like this… We took in a move after getting a bite to eat at Rusty’s.” Andrew gushed, “then he walked me home and….”

“No! He kissed you? What was it like girl?”

“It was just a touch but you know that phrase “Time stood still”?”

Connie nodded as Andrew continued…

“It DID! We’re going out on Saturday to watch him play in the game. Mom gave me some extra money for clothes when we hit the mall too.”

“Awesome, you can get a new outfit and wear it when you go out Saturday.”

Later that day, Andrew found his t-shirt had changed for a softer, shorter one in pastel blue that felt so much better against his chest.

“Andrew? How long have you been itching like that?” Patty looked across the room to where Andrew was collecting his things.

“A while now, I think I must have picked up some allergy or something. I’ve tried changing washing powders and things but can’t seem to shake it off.”

“Hmmm, mind if I take a look?”

“Well, no I suppose not.”

Patty came across the room to where Andrew was standing and gently placed a finger on his chest…

“Thought so, I’ve got a tube of cream that will help keep the irritation under control. It’s nothing to worry yourself about but I bet you are finding these softer fabrics far more comfortable.” Patty came back with a small tube, “Just work a little into your chest where the itching seems worst.” Passing the tube to Andrew, he took the tube without thinking and rubbed a small amount of the gloop into his chest.

“Ohhh, thanks, that feels so much better.”

“Don’t mention it Andy, glad to help out. Catch you later, gotta go find Luke!” With that, Patty made her way out to where her boyfriend was waiting.

Patty is so helpful Andrew thought. Shame about her daddy though but she is such a nice person. Running the brush through her long ash blonde hair she wondered about the forthcoming shopping trip. Perhaps she could try a new hairstyle too, but didn’t want to lose too much hair. She could ask Connie for some tips as well. It was nice of mom to allow her some extra funds to get new clothes, she really had been in a bad tomboy phase with those rough grungy clothes. Pulling her capris on, she looked oddly at them, she must have worn them when she came but surely she was wearing jeans when she came to school. No matter, these fit perfectly and the pink decorated training shoes looked astonishing with them.

The School observed the beginnings of Andreas blossoming into the woman she needed to be. It felt the warm glow of love growing between her and Jack and the developing relationships with her girlfriends promised great things in the future. Across the school, pupils and teachers felt unaccountably pleased with their day.

up
143 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Apologies for the delay

Sorry for the delay in posting this part, I had to do something called work which got in the way. Should be back to normal soon though. Thank you for all your kind comments to a neophyte wordsmith.

Sunwolf

You're a Tease

littlerocksilver's picture

I think we need progress reports on a more frequent basis.

Portia

Well...

I guess we're going to see first hand what happens when the school changes someone who's from overseas. I bet that family reunion is going to cause PLENTY of questions. Especially if Andrea ends up married, and has children eventually. I have a feeling this may be the school's downfall. Europe is where quite a bit of users originated. I wouldn't be surprised if his family hired some to go investigate this school.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Does the School have any

connections outside of it's are of influence? Is it the only Entity like it, or are there other schools out there?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

she's come a long way

although I wonder what the School would have done if she had liked girls ....

DogSig.png

frightening thought

Isn't it? It's able to change someone's gender and sexuality at the drop of a hat, things that have been proven to be unable to be changed by outside sources. Sadly it seems this school defies that law and now... only horror remains.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

And also . . .

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

And peoples perception of gender.

Andrew's mom already thinks of "her" as Andrea.
Not to mention all the rest of her classmates & her boy friend.

So basically the School's......

got everyone thinking there's nothing weird going on with Andy. Still waiting to find out why the School thinks Andy "needs to be a woman". Hopefully we'll all find out soon. Keep'em comin' Sunwolf. (Hugs) Taarpa

All will be revealed...

Thanks for the comments, I will, I promise explain why Andrea needs to be born as I'm writing the final part of this one. I owe so much thanks to previous authors as I have deliberately recycled some School events but as you know the school year does have a certain amount of repetition so hopefully I get away with it!
The other points made are very interesting but I decided that the School was born out of love and community spirit so is not inherently bad. Over the stories the School has learnt quite a lot and for want of a better term... evolved. As for changes that are currently impossible, what can I say but "It's a kind of magic".

"The greatest danger in life is to not take the adventure" George Mallory

I don't really understand why

I don't really understand why some of the readers insist that the Changing for Gym stories are horror fiction. My guess (and it's just a guess) is that they're thinking of how they'd feel in the character's shoes, if someone were to start changing them.

But I've read quite a few actual horror stories, and these stories are nothing like them. So I don't really see how anyone can call stories like this 'horror'. Books aren't classified by how some of the readers feel about them; they're classified by what the author intended when they wrote them.

Quite!

I am putting the finishing touches to the final chapter but I agree that this is not a horror story but mustn't give away too much (spoiler alert!). My story is about healing the wounded spirit. Not tried horror but "The Revenant" will be completed soon as well.

Thanks for the observations though.

Sunwolf.

It is not horror ... . .

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

I is not horror because there is no scare element, at least to the characters in the story. However there are certain parallels to some horror, super natural force(although other types of horror cab be totally natural), profound actions being preformed on or against characters without consent among others.

Not being horror does not mean it is not disturbing or even some what horrifying to some. I think what many here find disturbing is that it touch on, but from different perspective the following question. "If there was a cure for transgenderism to make make your mind fit your body, would you take it?" And all the associated implications of what makes a person an individual. Is such a fundamental change in being a death of sorts?