Felicity Finds Family -02- One Day or Day One

Printer-friendly version

Felicity Finds Family:
2/One Day or Day One

From Erin's One April Morning Multiverse
Into Sasha's Shared Universe

By Sasha Zarya Nexus

As Felicity settles in, can she help Lynn turn her wishes for something better one day to begin with a new day one?



I sat in the window seat and called downstairs and the Concierge, Miss Tarquin answered. I told her about my luggage being stored at the station and asked her if she could get someone to deliver it to April Morning. She told me that she would take care of it and that she looked forward to meeting me in person soon. She seemed like a very efficient person so I didn't think anything else about it and left the details to her.

I looked across at my refection in the oval shaped floor mirror with the ornate carved frame which was covered in a layer of gold foil. I saw a young woman in the mirror that looked vaguely familiar to me. She looked to be out of High School and should be a college Co-Ed. I pulled out my license again and looked at the birth date and the issue date. Simple math confirmed for me again that I was a few months older than 18. The amazing thing was that instead of it being 2019 like it should be, the tesseract had brought me back in time to 2013.

It was clear to me that the old is gone as Mrs. Dumfries had told me. I had to discover what was to come. I couldn't do that sulking in my room. I looked forward to my things arriving so I could busy myself unpacking everything and so I could take a shower. I brought along my purse and went back down toward Mrs. Dumfries office to conclude the paperwork and details of my living at April Morning.

I took a detour thru the B & B rooms on the way. Earlier when I had my tour finding out which room called to me, we had left out those rooms since I wished to be a resident. As I passed by the first door, which was actually room one, I heard in my mind :

~They wanted the third floor done while the new young lady was out with Mrs. Dumfries. I'm still giving Room 1 a wide birth. It's unnatural, it is!~

I saw the housekeeping cart bearing down toward me. The cart was piled so high that they didn't see little 5'4" me. I had felt uneasy about the room myself so I had given it a wide pass and so we were on a collision course. Being aware that no one was aware of my presence, I folded the space around me and placed myself safe around the corner. As the cart and the woman in a housekeeping uniform, with name tag, "Peg Roberts" came towards me. I greeted her with a smile.

"Oh sh..oot! Where in tarnation, did you come from? Young lady, I'm scared... well let's just say my next stop will be the ladies room."

"I'm so sorry Ms. Roberts. I was just looking around the rest of April Morning before meeting with Mrs. Dumfries. I'm Felicity Archer and I'm going to be renting a room on the third floor once I get the paperwork done with Mrs. Dumfries.

"I guess you can see that I'm Peg Roberts and I do a lot more around here than just housekeeping. I guess that Mrs. Dumfries expects the third floor to fill up with new tenants. I'm off to give all the rooms a special 'first day' treatment. I'm always happy to help or lend an ear even when I'm off duty where you'll find me in the staff rooms along with Miss Tarquin the concierge and Mr Tanner the Handyman. I hope you enjoy your stay, Miss Archer.

"Thank you, Ms. Roberts."

I let the relieved Ms. Roberts leave as I saw her quickly pass by to the service elevator. I had found that since my new birth, my Tessaract was always present in a small way joined with my spirit. It was my Tesseract which provided the means for me to read thoughts and not any psychic ability. I felt fortunate that my little evasion was undetected and that neither of us were hurt as a result of our first encounter. What I perceived along with her thoughts is that Peg had just that day magically became a whole woman much like John had experienced when he became Tess.

As I continued down the hall, I became aware of a thud then an elderly gentleman, who had just taken a spill and was panicked immobile on the floor of one of the rooms. Our eyes met and even though his face showed fear and frustration, my presence seemed to calm him.

"Help me please!",

"I'm coming. It's Felicity and I'll help."

"Thank the maker, Felicity. They provide me with a medical call device but I have not put it on yet. Could you help me up?

"I'll do that in a moment. Let's be sure that you moving right now is a good idea."

He didn't seem to be aware of the extent of his injuries. I comforted him by touching him on the arm and that provided the conduit for me to extend the healing powers of my Tesseract to him. I had done this a few times on my journey and could now do it in a way so that it would not be noticed while he still suffered from the shock of the fall.

"Does it feel like anything is broken?"

"It's all fine, Sweetie. I feel even better now than when I fell. I believe I can get up if you'll give me your hand to steady me. I'm Lynn Archer, but please call me Lynn, Felicity"

Instead of speaking, I offered my hand to him and helped pull him up to a standing position. He did most of the work since I had healed him of his injuries. I smiled a big smile as I realized that perhaps I had found the first of my new family. My new father or grandfather, perhaps?

"Hi Lynn, how are you feeling now? I'm an Archer too, Felicity Dawn Archer."

"I'm fine, daughter. How is my princess today?"

"Much better now that you seem to be alright. Would you like me to help you with anything else. I'm on my way to meet with Mrs. Dumfries about the paperwork on the room I'm renting on the third floor."

I poured him a glass of water from the ice water pitcher on the dresser. I handed it to him and then retrieved the signal device and placed it about his neck. He smiled and I got a good look at those eyes now that the pain was gone. It was like looking in a mirror as her eyed twinkled. I decided, not father but maybe mother? I was going to have to spend some time with her to really get to know her. Perhaps she would trust me enough to open up her heart to me but till then I would have to be careful and act out the facade with her as I had to do myself long ago.

Sweetie, I'm going to be okay and thank you for the water. I have the call button now so if I get in trouble again, I know help will be soon coming. Thank you, Princess for every thing."

"Okay, I'll go see Mrs. Dumfries. Is it okay if I come back and check on you afterward?"

"Thank you, sweetie. You can come visit me anytime since you are an Archer and all.

I smiled at her and turned and left. I walked around and completed my not so quick tour of the Bed and Breakfast rooms. Instead of making any more side trips, I went straight to Mrs. Dumfries office.

"Hello, Mrs Dumfries. May I enter?"

"Of course, Felicity. Thank you so much for helping, Mr Archer in room 2. He's embarrassed about his fall and he promised me that he'll keep the signal button on so that we can know if he needs help. Please sit with me."

"You are welcome. I'm glad that I was near when he fell so I could help. It's an interesting coincidence that we have the same last name. I plan to go back and get to know him a little better after we finish up those details that you were talking about."

I went in and took a seat with her at the table where tea and cucumber sandwiches were already set in her place and two others. I sat down at one and soon afterward the third was occupied by Miss Tarquin as her name badge stated. She set a stack of papers with the signature areas highlighted in front of me along with a pen. She was a smartly dressed woman with a high degree of style and the impression that I had that she was very efficient was certainly correct.

"I'm so glad to meet you in person, Miss Archer. If you will sign those papers where I've highlighted, that will take care of the paperwork. How will you be paying for your first month's rent?"

"By credit card, thank you."

Miss Tarquin took the card I took from my purse and entered some things on it . She swiped my card on a small square device attached to it and returned it to me. She handed me a stylus and offered me her tablet to sign the credit card receipt with the stylus. When she took it back she touched it and then a quiet whirring came from the interior of the antique oak buffet, one of a pair which graced the room. I handed her back the signed papers and she took them to the buffet where she opened it to reveal a printer / copier which had a printed copy of the receipt that I had signed in the output tray. She fed the copies in her hand into the input tray. Out came a copy and she gathered all the paperwork and placed it in a folder which she gave to me and the originals in a folder which she kept.

"Thank you so much, Miss Archer. I'll phone you when your luggage arrives. Mr. Tanner can bring it to your room for you. If you ever need my help with anything please feel free to call at anytime. day or night. Welcome to April Morning"

"Thank you for your kindness, Miss Tarquin. I feel welcome and right at home here.

"I'm glad you feel that way, Felicity. We try very hard to bring the comforts of home here for both out temporary and full time residents. Miss Tarquin, I can tell you are wishing to get those details taken care of so you may leave. I know that you want to make sure the welcome dinner this evening meets your standards and mine. Good work!"

"Thank you, ma'am"

"Felicity, our Miss Tarquin is always up moving about doing things. It's how she's most comfortable in doing her job. Once the details are taken care of, she does place business aside and is a very social person as well which you will find out at dinner tonight."

"Thank you, Mrs. Dumfries. You have quite a family here working with you. They all help me feel more at home with every passing moment. Is there anything else regarding details?"

"Just this, Felicity."

She handed me a new key that had a very ornate brass handle which was decorated in Celtic designs much like the ones that decorated the woodwork of the stairs , doors and all the trim in April Morning. I took it and smiled and added it to my key chain. I didn't know yet what the other key was since it appeared to be more decorative than functional but I felt like I would have an interesting adventure finding out.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Dumfries. Now that I have my key, I will be off to check on Mr Archer and get better acquainted. See you at Dinner!"

She smiled at me as I got up and I smiled back. After so much heartache I finally felt free and even happy. I went to seek out 'Mother' Archer to see how I could understand just how we might fit together. Soon I was back in front of her door and called in to her.

"Hello, your daughter has returned, may I come in?"

Of course, princess. I'm glad you are here. I was thinking about getting out and enjoying this wonderful day but I didn't want to take my walk alone. Would you please join me?

How could I say no? I'd love to go with you for a walk.

She moved around like a young fifty year old when in fact she felt to be at least 90 when the healing connected them. Soon we were out the door of April Morning and out towards a grove of oak trees which had a magnificent grandmother oak which towered above the trees which surrounded it. I could not help but tease her to lighten the mood as we walked.

"You look and move pretty good for an elderly person!"

She surprised me by replying in a Yoda from Star Wars Episode VI voice and quote with a twist complete with mimicing the cackle at the end.

"When ninety years old you reach, look as good, you will not, hmmm? He he He He he Heh!"

"That is so cool that you can do that! I guess you have me there!"

Actually he didn't since when I was ninety years old, I looked like a twenty something faerie princess. But a girl has to have her secrets. I wondered if I would be as lucky when my Felicity body turned ninety so maybe he had a point. He noticed my keychain that I had still clutched in the hand opposite him as we walked side by side down the path and he touched it.

"May I see that key chain, Felicity? You have a very interesting key on it."

"Of course. Here it is."

I held it out to her and she took it. Instead of looking at the April Morning key like I thought she would, she studied the other one. I made a decision to see if she felt about herself the same way that I perceived her and the way her thoughts were revealed when we were linked.

"Do you trust me? I would like to ask you something. if it is a secret then it is safe with me."

"I trust you sweetie. Please ask me anything."

"Have you felt like a female all of your life? If so why didn't you do anything about it? And if we could wave a magic wand and make you on the outside like your inside would you want that?"

"I'm amazed that you could read me so well sweetie with the short time we've known each other. I have not felt like a woman, I've been a woman in my heart all of my life. It wasn't like it is now when I was coming up. It was something that if you didn't commit suicide, you put up a good front instead of being true to yourself. By the time I even thought it was possible, I had done the right thing according to society and had married and had children. I held on for them. My wife knew, rest her soul, and our alone time I didn’t have to pretend and she loved me always. We had a family reunion back in 2007 and one of my granddaughters just had to have a special chocolate ice cream. I left to get it at Baskin Robins at some distance from our home. The one Skud 8 missile that got thru that military aircraft that was destroyed's counter measures fell on my house. I got back and none of my family survived. I was free to transition after that but losing my whole family messed me up so much that I couldn't focus on it enough to do anything about it. Now doing thing the normal way is medically contraindicated so I can't. But now that I've met you, somehow I feel that we are family and I would gladly take the results of that wand wave to make my outsides the same of my inside, daughter.

Somehow she kept it together till that moment but she buried her head in my shoulder and cried. i held her and made soothing noises. This was such a long time coming that it wasn't difficult for me to think back to when my old world and family was taken from me. We both comforted the other in our grief. Finally we both managed to compose ourselves and we continued along the path to the Grandmother tree which had become our destination.

"Thank you for trusting me, Mother. It must have been so hard for you to live like that. And to lose your whole family in one blow must have been devastating. Would you like to continue to the tree that you were admiring or return now?"

"Let's go on. Somehow I am drawn to that tree. I guess we won't know why till we get there."

Mother looked deep in thought so I left her to them. It was fortunate since I was able to hear a faint cry telepathically ~Help me please! I've been inside this tree for so long and I have not felt the joy of spring on my face for such a very long time~

~We are on the way. What type of Faerie are you and how did you get trapped in that tree? I am only human bur I have been granted special gifts. I am Felicity, what is your name?~

~I'm Hanna and I'm a dryad and this is my tree. I used to have someone who would let me out every spring but she came one spring and the key was missing. She tried every spring since then to let me out but she couldn't find a way. One spring she stopped coming and I sensed it was because she died. Can you help?~

~Could a human survive in your tree without the door being open?~

~It's a part of the realm so a human could not survive in here~

~I can't come to you without the door being open. Perhaps we will find a way. What does the key look like?~ She told me and described the key that was on the key chain that Mother now was holding. A plan formed in my mind on what to do knowing what the effect of a dryad's appreciation might be.

~When my new mother lets you out, will you promise to show your thanks only to her. She can get my share too.~

~I promise. I won't get carried away and I will show my appreciation to you for your mother since that will please you.~

~Can you do anything to give her a woman's body to match her woman's mind?~

~When I show my appreciation, she will be so distracted that you can use your healing gift on her. I sense that you are shy about showing it so let her think that it came from me. Soon you both will be near enough to hear my voice normally and that will guide you to me.~

"Penny for your thoughts, Mother. Okay a whole dollar."

"This oaken key is just like the Dryad tree keys from myth. And I hear a faint voice ahead urging me forward to help her. Could it be that Dryads exist? I feel like running ahead to find out if we can help, Sweetie. Are you game?"

"Sure Mother!"

I joined Lynn as we ran ahead and as we neared the grandmother tree, the voice was louder and louder.

"Please let me out. Turn the key and let me out, please"

"We will Sugar. I don't see a key sticking out of the tree. Wait there is something that looks like a key hole."

"Mother try the oaken key and see if it will fit."

"I will. It fits! Woo Hoo! Let me see if it will turn. it turns and it clicked. The door is open, little one. You can come out."

The Dryad let out a shout for joy as she emerged into the April morning. As she wrapped up Mother in a big hug, I moved close enough to group hug Mother too. Hanna kissed her on the right cheek and I began to poor the healing energies into her at the same time to mold her body into the female body she should have been born with. The effects of losing ten years of age along with her body becoming female filled her with a overwhelming ecstasy.

When she reached 80 years old, Hanna planted a kiss on her other cheek and started the process of losing ten years all over again. Mother had female curves now and her outward beauty became manifest to match her inner beauty. When she reached the age of seventy. She looked like any other ordinary woman on the outside but lacked what a woman has inside her yet but I was working to make those changes happen too.

Hanna planted a second kiss on her right cheek and Lynn once again began losing another ten years. She looked lovingly towards me as she kissed Lynn since this kiss was meant for me. However two kisses from Hanna would make me a baby and they would do Lynn much better. I healed her insides to produce all the organs in the right positions that any other woman has. With the third kiss the process to become younger accelerated and she quickly became a 60 year old woman.

Hanna gave Lynn the second kiss on her other cheek. While Hanna's kiss was removing another ten years, my healing power reached into the chromosomes of each of her cells as her chromosomes itself were becoming younger. As she became genetically female. some superficial changes happened to her looks. As she held fast at fifty, the two of us were obviously mother and daughter from the traits that were possessed by both of us.

"I am Hanna and it pleases me to repay your kindness by bringing you together as Mother and daughter. The Goddess has brought you together and forged within you a bond that will survive this life to the next. Cherish each other for all of your lives."

"Hanna, your great gift in giving me back myself and giving me Felicity my wonderful daughter humbles me. Is there anything that we can do to help in the future?"

"Lynn and Felicity from Spring thru Fall I will be able outside my tree to protect both me and my tree. But from winter's start to the beginning of spring, I must sleep in my tree or else we both will perish. if you and your daughter's daughter' daughters will seal me in for the winter and guard my tree while I sleep and let me out each spring, then I will give to all of you the blessings of life that a dryad has to give. Do you promise?"

Hanna, as Lynn Archer, mother of Felicity Archer, I so promise.

Hanna as Felicity Archer, daughter of Lynn Archer, I so promise.

Lynn and Felicity, As Hanna of the Dryads, I so promise.

"Momma, for a young, beautiful woman, you look very funny in those old man's clothes." I giggled a bit when I said it and both Hanna and Lynn joined me giggling

"Lynn mother of Felicity, please step out of those clothes. We are all women here and I have a gift for you.

As Lynn began to disrobe, then Hanna slipped out of her silk magic dress and slippers. Hanna tossed each article of the old clothes Lynn took off into her tree and they disappeared. I placed the signal button in my purse to return it to Miss Tarquin. When Lynn was in her birthday suit, Hanna slipped the dress over Lynn's head and placed the slippers on each of her feet. The dress and slippers magically resized to fit Lynn perfectly. I was so proud of the way that Momma looked outside and inside!

"What will you wear, Hanna?:"

"I am dressed for the task at hand. I have many years of being fruitful and multiplying to make up for! Fare well you two and be excellent to each other."

As I wondered if she got cable inside her tree, both Mother and Daughter replied in unison, "Party On Hanna!"

We laughed as we headed back to April Morning. It felt so good to have family again. I guess that Mother was thinking along the same lines about the future, that is the immediate future.

"Felicity, I guess it is settled that April Morning is our home for good. Do you think that there is room enough in your suite for both of us."

"Momma, we can make it work. I really don't know about the whole suite. I've only been in a couple of rooms so far. We've got a lot of catching up to do so I wouldn't mind sharing a bed with you if you wouldn't mind. it will be like a slumber party every night.

"That sounds fine to me, sweetie. I guess that I've got a marathon shopping spree coming up. Except for this, I literally don't have a thing to wear?"

"I have some money saved up so we can get you anything that you need."

"No worries, pumpkin. I have most of a hundred million settlement left that the government paid out over the missile that destroyed my house. For this shopping spree, I'm going to make up for lost time and spoil my daughter and of course treat me as well.

As we entered the door, I just felt what Momma was going to do so I joined her in unison, "Guess who's coming to dinner?"

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A most wonderful way for her

to find her new family. Now I wonder if she will interact with her former family in any way?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Felicity Finds Family -02-

This is one of the last comments that Stanman left on my work. I never really took the time to really tell Stanman how much fun those comments were for me even if at the time it was frustrating. The thoughts outside the box that Stanman delivered were just enough on target to make me wish to explain my vision for the story. I shall miss you friend.

Sasha Zarya Nexus

All my hopes
Sasha Zarya Nexus

A most interesting twist

Renee_Heart2's picture

I like the Master Yoda & Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure quotes lol yeah I grew up in the '80's lol. This is is a great story Look forward to reading more of this story.

Love Samantha Renee Heart