Butterfly Girlfriend Part 2

Printer-friendly version
butterflies_road.jpg

In this world, there is a balance. When there are too many women, the world changes girls into boys. When there are too many men, the world changes boys into girls. If you are changed before you reached 12, you have 98% chance to emerge as the opposite sex. The closer you are to adulthood, the more dangerous the change becomes. By the time you are 18, 'change' means 100% death.

Due to the change, my dear friend Arif is now Arifah. She now returns to school as a girl, determined to enjoy everything about school life, this time as a girl.

My name is Ahmad Zarif, 16 years old. This is my story, of the longest year of my life.


Butterfly Girlfriend
Part 2


By Shinieris

"Stand up!" the class monitor cried as the homeroom teacher entered.

"Good morning, teacher!" the class monitor greeted followed by a chorus of lazy, uncoordinated and some gibberish noises from the rest of the class.

"Good morning, class. Please sit down," the teacher, Mr. Azmi said to the class, then he gestured for someone outside to enter, "Class, I'd like to reintroduce you to a returning student."

Then a girl entered, and everyone's eyes were riveted to her long, lean legs that weren't covered by her knee-length red school skirt. Then they looked upward, and marvelled at the smoothness of her tummy and the shape of her butt, before looking further up and salivated at her big shapely breasts that was straining to burst from her tight white shirt, with a necktie that seemed to emphasize the valley between her breasts. When their eyes finally reached her face, she giggled and brushed her long hair aside showing more of her pretty face and big breasts. If this was a hollywood chick flick, this would all appear as if it was in slow motion with a corny sound effect along the lines of 'ooh la la' or something like that.

Then Mr. Azmi cut the show short. "Arifah, stop posing like a fashion idol. You're in school, act like a schoolgirl!"

I sighed. My friend Arif, now Arifah, was always the center of attention. When he was a guy, as Arif, he was shameless, and that was the only thing I couldn't compete in. As Arifah, he seemed to be even more shameless.

"God, she's hot," I heard one of the boys say.

"I wanna date her," said another guy in front of me.

"Aww," Arifah pouted, as she looked at Mr. Azmi, "Can't I have a little fun?"

"No!" Mr. Azmi said as he sat down on his chair in front of the class, "Now go ahead and reintroduce yourself to the class so we that can proceed with doing what we're here for."

"She sounds sexy!" another guy remarked.

"I want to hear her saying 'I love you' to me through the phone," another guy said.

"Or through a webcam," another guy said.

"Ohhhh, webcam..." I heard several guys said at the same time. I looked, and they were already in their own world.

"Hey everyone! I'm Arifah! Nice to meet you all again. It's been so long! I miss you guys," she said giddily, with all the bounce and expressions of a japanese pop idol.

"She seems to know us," one of the girls said.

"Do we know her?" another girl replied.

"I personally don't remember her," another girl said.

"I know you from my dreams," said one of the boys. He was salivating.

I sighed. It was painful seeing my classmates like this. I felt like I should say something, but knowing Arif, now Arifah, she would want to do what would come next by herself. Not because she had a sense of responsibility, but because she was a sadistic bitch who enjoyed all the pleasures of life.

"Oh, I forgot to mention!" she clapped her hands together, with all the bounce of her schoolskirt-clad butt, "You all used to know me as Arif Bin Mohamad Zafri. Well, I'm now Arifah Binti Mohamad Zafri. Please take -very- good care of me," she said with a wink.

A little explanation, the difference between 'Bin' and 'Binti' is the gender it's used on. Arifah Binti Mohamad Zafri means 'Arifah, the daughter of Mohamad Zafri'. It's similar to the Jewish use of 'Ben' and 'Bat', because 'Bin' and 'Binti' was derived from it's Arabic origin.

There was a long silence as everyone in the class tried to digest her words. A minute later, the class was in an uproar with the boys screaming, "EHHHH!!!!" while the girls screamed, "NOOOO!!!!!" I saw some of the boys died inside that day, with their souls leaving their body like smoke. Arifah, blessed be her sadistic soul, giggled and grinned in satisfaction.

The teacher rubbed his head as he turned to Arifah, "I regret asking you to introduce yourself. Just go to your seat."

Arifah giggled as she made exaggerated movements with her heels and hips. As she made her way to the end of the row, where her desk remained next to mine, she made an effort to touch every single boys face or head with her long, manicured fingers. I saw several more boys died and became zombies that way.

When she arrived next to me, she leaned over and whispered, "Hey handsome, that was rude running away from me yesterday. I wonder if you're looking to be punished." Without waiting for my answer, she plopped down on her seat and placed her school bag right next to her chair.

As we went through the day's lessons, she would catch some of our classmates giving her a glance, and she would always wave at them with just her fingers. On the other hand, I myself noticed several glares pointed at me, and I couldn't help but sweat and cower behind my desk. This was going to be a long day.

------

The school bell rang signifying break-time. As was my habit, I would spend the end of the classes drawing mindmaps to help me memorize the lessons. Today, I was in a hurry and tried to finish my mindmaps as soon as possible. I should've just left it at that and ran at the very first opportunity, because seconds after I finished the mindmap and pushed my chair back, I felt fingers carressing the back of my head before closing to grab my hair.

"That was very rude of you yesterday. Now explain why you just bolted from my house like you saw a flesh-eating zombie," Arifah whispered into my left ear.

"Th-th-I-wa-was..." I stuttered.

"Cheh," she let go of my hair and proceeded to sit on my desk with her legs spread. "I may need to do something about your girl-phobia."

"Panties! Panties!" I said looking at her revealed panties.

"Huh?" she looked down and quickly pushed her skirt down while closing her legs at the same time. She had the sense to feel embarrassed as her cheeks reddened. But then she grinned at me and said, "Don't fall for me now!"

"A-as if!" I stuttered as I got up from my chair and headed off to the school canteen, with Arifah in tow.

I turned around as I walked backwards. "Why are you following me?"

"In case you don't know yet, my dear old friend, girls need to eat too. Besides, I've always wanted to go into the girl's queue. I'm tired of being pushed while waiting in queue."

------

"Not done yet? It's time to go home," whispered a feminine voice into my left ear making me jump from my seat.

"S-Stop that! It's creepy!" I said to Arifah as I put some distance from her. It had been 4 days since she came back to school and I still couldn't get used to her overly friendly way of talking.

"Really?" she said as she turned to the boy sitting in front of her, whispering into his ear loud enough for me to hear, "San, am I creepy?"

The boy in front of her froze and stammered a response, "N-no, you're-you're..."

"See?" she turned back to me, "He thinks I'm me. Come on, don't be so shy. It's just me."

She placed her hand on my arm, the arm which I pulled back quickly and abruptly, that she was left touching the wood of the desk. Then she looked at me, her lips forming an evil grin as her eyes sparkle in malice. I didn't like the look of this. Without warning, her hands flew to grab mine, to which I barely dodged. She made another attack on my hands, to which I dodged to the left. She attacked me again and I dodged to the right. Then I backed away from her. She moved forward, and I continued to move backward. Finally, as if bored of the fruitless chase, she quickened her pace and I turned around and ran out of the class at full speed. When I turned around to look, I saw her close at my heels, and I sped up even more, to which she also responded by speeding up.

"Don't run in the hallway!" Mrs. Salmah, the teacher in charge of girl's discipline yelled.

"Sorry!" both Arifah and I chorused.

"You, catch them!" she ordered one of the Form 4 school prefects.

"Me? Are you freaking kidding me? They're school champions!" he argued, but sprinted after us anyway.

I weaved through the hallways, corridors and school blocks as I tried to escape from Arifah. I looked around and she was still on my heels, with that evil grin on her face. The prefect meanwhile had surrendered and collapsed 2 minutes after the chase. So now, there was only us, running around, jumping ledges, threading ropes, avoiding other people, climbing walls and jumping staircases until I made a mistake and ran into a dead end.

"Hahahaha, end of the line," she laughed as she advanced, "Now be a good boy and surrender yourself."

I looked out the window behind me, noting that I would break my legs if I jumped out from there. I looked to the right and left, tested the doors, and was dismayed to find that they were all locked. I looked at the advancing Arifah, and was filled with a feeling of dread. Then I noticed one of the doors that led to a barely used and never locked staircase was slightly parted. So I made my pokerface, the ones I would normally make when we competed in basketball and prepared to play ball and planned my strategies.

I crouched low, legs spread and eyes scanning every detail in front of me. Arifah, being my rival for years, knew I wasn't giving up, and she was extra alert with my movements. That was exactly what I was hoping for, as long as she focused on my movements, she would be helpless when this Starcraft champion strategist make sudden on-the-spot decision.

"Gonna make a break for it, then? Come to momma, bitch," she said as she spread her legs a little, waiting to catch me when I make my move. Then as if impatient, she gestured me to come to her.

I backed up a few steps until my back touched the wall, then I placed one foot on the wall for leverage. We looked at each other's eyes, trying to gauge each other's moves and strategies. Then without warning, I pushed my leg back against the wall and sprinted to Arifah's left. Arifah to her credit, made little movements, keeping herself ready in case it was a feint. When she noticed that my movements were too fast to be a feint, she cracked a smile and moved her whole body to the left, attempting to catch me as I ran past her. She didn't know I had a plan.

"Panties!" I cried as I ran past her.

"Eek!" she cried as her hands went back to push her skirt down. Then she realized that there was nothing wrong with her skirt and she turned around to give chase, "That was low, damned you!" she yelled at my back.

I was almost at the door when she grabbed my shoulder from behind making me lose balance, while causing me to fly in the air legs first and fall flat on my back, skidding a little after passing through the door. "Oww," I whined just as Arifah came, closed the door and then she made my stomache her meat seat.

"That... wasn't... very... nice," Arifah said breathlessly.

Frankly, I was very exhausted too. Thinking back, we must have ran a mile through the school grounds. Adrenaline works in mysterious ways. Then again, I forgot that while I could maintain high speeds longer, Arif was always the one who could go from 0 to 3km/h in the shortest of time. No wonder he could catch me.

"We need to do something about your girl-phobia," she remarked as she tried to catch her breath.

"Mind... your own... business," I said while also trying to catch my breath.

"I mean, come on, that thing happened like 7 years ago. I doubt she even remembers you," she said as she supported herself with one hand on my chest.

"Don't remind me," I said as looked at the ceiling.

"I mean, you were rejected once. Granted, everyone in class knew about your confession and bullied you for being rejected. But that's a long time ago. Heck, I've been rejected so many times, I lost-"

"I said don't remind me."

"Well I think you're a great person. If she meets you now, she will definitely regret rejecting you last time. It's time to move on, my dear friend," she said as she watched my face.

"I'll move on when I graduate from school," I said noncommittally.

"That won't do!" she said as she bumped my chest, "Don't you want to have a proper girlfriend? Now that I'm like this, we can't go out on double dates anymore, so I can't help you with your dates."

"Too much trouble," I replied.

"You!" she turned her body around facing my head, with her legs on both sides of my stomache, "I'm gonna fix your issues right now!" Then almost as if she suddenly remembered, she fixed her knee-length skirt so that I wouldn't be able to see her panties.

"Please don't bother," I said while starting to feel her weight on my stomache.

She glared at me. "You're starting to piss me off. Touch me!"

"Pardon?"

"I said touch me. Anywhere you like," she said as her lips formed a sweet smile which may turn into an evil grin sometime soon.

"Excuse me!!!?"

"Touch... me! Do you need me to spell it for you?"

"No th-thanks," I stuttered as I finally noticed that there was a gorgeous school girl sitting on my stomache. A gorgeous school girl whose breasts were just a little way above my eyes.

"Hmm, you know, any boy would jump for a chance to have a beautiful girl, like me, tell him he can touch me anywhere he want. It's every boy's wet dream, you know. Come to think of it, I'm every boy's wet dream. So don't be so shy, it's just me!" she said as she grabbed my hands and guided it to cup her soft, pillowy butt.

"Now this here is a girl's butt. Go ahead, squeeze, feel how soft it is," she said, to which I was too frozen to do anything, causing her to guide my hands to squeeze it herself.

Then she pulled my hands and guided it to her waist. "This is a girl's waist. Feel how small it is compared to when I was a boy?"

I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

"Now..." she guided my hands upward, carressing her body until it rested on her big school girl breasts, "This here are a girl's breasts. It's 34C, you see. Feel how-"

My vision went dark.

"Damn, he fainted. Shouldn't have teased him so much," I heard her say before I completely blacked out.

When I came around, she had moved down from my stomache and now sitting on my thighs as she played with her handphone.

"Oh there you are. Was starting to wonder if you died or something. Bet it would be nice, dying after touching a girl's breasts. But you know what would be nicer? Dying while having sex," she grinned.

"How long was I out?" I asked as I got up with her still sitting on my thighs.

"Half an hour, give or take 5 minutes or so. I'm seriously gonna be late for my violin lesson. Mom suddenly thought that as a girl, I need to be able to play either piano, violin or flute. I told her I already knew how to play a guitar, but she said it's coarse and not lady-like, whatever that means."

"You could go back yourself," I stated while my brain was still addled from the sudden rush of blood half an hour ago.

"No transport," she stated, still playing with her phone.

"Take a bus," I suggested.

"You would have all those boys watch my cute butt, long legs and big breasts with their perverted eyes. Or let them have the opportunity to brush against my untouched body while the bus moved?" she said as she looked at me with made-up tears.

God, she's cute.

"You just made me touch you everywhere," I stated.

"Yes, well, you're different. We go way back. Besides, busses are unreliable," she said.

"Can you get off me now?" I said as I started to lose feeling in my legs.

"Tell you what," she turned her face towards me as she snapped close her handphone, "I challenge you!"

"What?"

"If you can touch me without flinching or blushing, you win. I'll do whatever you wish."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Don't tempt me like that. You're not a guy anymore, what if I asked for 'that'?"

"If that's what you want, maybe I won't mind. I know you watched those p-movies and h-toons. So I know you have the urge."

"H-how did you know?"

"I saw your browsing history and I copied your torrent folder into my external hard disk."

I was suddenly depressed. "What if I lose?"

"Oh course if you lose, you will do whatever I wish."

"Don't look down on me. I can at least do this," I said as my arm circled her waist, her face close to mine.

Within a minute, I started to break into cold sweat and and my eyes started to blur.

"Oi, don't go passing out on me again," she said right before my vision darkened and my body fell back to the floor.

------

"You really need to get used to me. I didn't go to violin class because you kept passing out yesterday. Do you know how much damage my ears suffered from being scolded by mom? If she was speaking japanese, I would be able to call it kanji poisoning, that would at least be funny," Arifah said as she sat on my desk during lunch-break.

At that time, I had just finished my bento, of which half was stolen by Arifah. Bento is a boxed lunch, but many young Malaysians are calling it bento which is japanese, due to the popularity of manga and anime in Malaysia. Arifah really seemed to like my bento, even back when she was Arif.

I put the bento box into my bag and stood up to wash my hands in the nearby toilet sink. In the malay culture, whether or not you use utensils such as fork and spoon or chopsticks to eat your meal, it's customary to wash your hands before and after your meal. Arifah didn't seem to follow this particular custom. Even back when she was Arif, she would pick up the pieces she liked, without washing her hands, and just lick her fingers after she's done. As Arif, it looked disgusting, but as Arifah, it looked so enticingly erotic.

"Well, you could just go back by yourself. Maybe hitch a ride with some of the girls if you don't like the bus. Besides, what were you doing sitting on me yesterday?" I asked when I got back.

"Girls have to take care of appearances, you know. I couldn't sit on the floor, it was very dusty. I doubt it's been cleaned for months," she said while reading one of my chemistry mindmaps.

"This coming from the girl who flirts with every guy in class and flashes her panties to everyone," I stated.

"I did NOT do that!" she exclaimed as she slammed my book onto the desk, "Yes, true, I did flirt with every boy in class, but only because it's funny. And I didn't flash my panties to anyone, the only person I showed my panties to was... you," she said as she had the decency to blush.

"You're trying to say that the only person you flash your panties to was me?"

"I did NOT flash my panties at you!" she said, startling the students walking past our class, "Look, is this in anyway important? Ah!" she looked at me, "Are you still uncomfortable around me?"

"No, what makes you think that?" I leaned against the wall behind me.

"What's with the distance then?" she asked, referring to the 4 meter-long space between me and her.

"Nuh-nothing. I just wanted to lean on the wall," I replied.

"Uh-huh?" she came closer to me, which caused me to sidle sideways along the wall.

Then her eyes sparkled and she rushed to grab me, which caused me to dodge to the left, then she rushed my left, to which I dodged to the right again, the to the left again, before I skipped backwards, painfully hitting the lockers at the rear of the class with my legs outstretched. Arifah in her eagerness to grab me didn't notice my outstretched legs and tripped over one, putting her on a crash course towards the wooden shoe lockers.

"Arifah!" I shouted as my hand stretched to grab her arms while pushing myself towards her.

The sudden movements made me lose my own footing and although I did manage to catch her, we were falling to the floor before any of us could do anything about it. We fell with me flat on my back, while Arifah fell on top of me, her arms still in my hands. We moaned in pain at the same time as I felt like my spine was broken into many pieces. When I opened my eyes, Arifah was lying on top of me, her eyes looking into mine. And her lips, so red, parted slightly, as if begging for a kiss. For awhile there, the world stood still as we breathed in each other's breath, looked into each other's eyes as our noses nuzzled each other. I was made conscious of her shampoo, and her perfume, and it smelled like the sweetest things in the world. I felt like I wanted us to stay like this forever.

That was before I heard a sound above me. Both Arifah and I looked up at the same time and saw one of our classmates, a girl named Suraya, holding her phone up to take our pictures. Our minds froze with my hands on Arifah's waist and her hands on my chest.

"Pret-ty bold, you two. I think this is the first time in school history that students dared to have sex in the classroom during lunch-break. This will look so good in the yearbook," she giggled as she typed some stuff into her phone.

Arifah quickly got up from me and dashed towards Suraya. It was a bit of a struggle, but Arifah quickly managed to steal Suraya's phone and threw it out of the open window. So powerful was her throw that we couldn't see it anymore beyond the window.

Suraya was speechless for a minute. "I know it's a cheap phone, but you didn't have to throw it away like that," Suraya said to the still panting Arifah.

"I'll buy you a new one," I promised.

"Oh that's so nice of you. See Arifah, you should be nicer like your boyfriend," she said.

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Really? From where I stood while taking 4-5 pictures before you realized I was here, you both looked very tight!" she giggled as she made kissing noises.

Arifah blushed red like a lobster, "You have no proof! Even if you found the phone it should have already been smashed to pieces from the fall."

"Oh you let me worry about that. I already mailed it to myself before you grabbed my phone."

"YOU WHAT?!" both Arifah and I yelled at the same time

"Don't worry, I can keep quiet if you want," she winked, "Of course, you'll both owe me."

Arifah turned around and walked out of the classroom through the back door.

"Now where'd you be going?" Suraya asked.

"Washroom!" Arifah said before she stopped and turned to look at me, "You know, that doesn't count!"

"What doesn't count?" Suraya asked.

"Don't bother," I replied.

Regardless, Arifah still rode on my bike at the end of the day. I was still very uncomfortable having a beautiful girl wrapping her arms around me. We had a very silent ride home.

------

We spent the rest of the next day not speaking to each other. During lunch, I left my mindmaps still unfinished and took the most crowded table during lunch. Arifah threw many small, balled up papers to my desk, but I took no notice. I knew Arifah was looking at me through the corner of my eyes. I ignored her, because I was still embarrassed about yesterday.

At the end of the school day, Suraya ushered everyone to leave quickly. Then, giving me a wink, she left as well, leaving only Arifah and I inside the classroom. I wanted to bolt, but I knew Arifah had no transport home, so I stayed behind waiting for her. I hoped that the others weren't so eager to leave, though.

"Zar, how about a challenge?" Arifah asked suddenly.

"What?"

"Anything you want. Football, basketbal, badminton, sprint or swimming. I don't mind," she said as she looked at me with a sad face.

"I don't think... what is this about?" I asked.

"I need a reason to challenge you? Since when do we need a reason to challenge each other?" she asked.

"I... well. It's just-"

"I see. You don't think I'm much of a rival now, do you? Because I become a girl, I don't have the strength and muscles to beat you in sports. I'm just a weak girl to you, aren't I? There's no point in challenging a weak girl," she said that last sentence with a sob, before she grabbed her bag and turned to leave.

"Wait, Arifah..." I grabbed her arm.

Without turning back, she sobbed, "Let go, I'll go back on my own today, you don't need to send me home."

"Arifah, what's this about?" I asked pulling her to me.

"You know how hard it was to cope with this?" she fell to her knees, "I didn't ask to be weak! I didn't ask to be this emotional. I didn't ask be a girl!"

She sobbed, her face wet with tears. I got down on my knees and caressed the back of her head. I wanted to say something, to comfort her in anyway I could, but I didn't know what to say. I was afraid that anything I said would make her even more sad than she already was.

"But you know what hurts the most?" she looked at me with face wet with tears, "You!"

"Me?" I asked.

"Yes you! I could've coped with everything. All the jeers, all the insults, all the bullying-"

"Wait, people bullied you? Who? Tell me, Arifah!"

"Quiet you! Don't interrupt! I could've dealt with everything. I'm weaker, so fine, I will beat you in academics. I'm more emotional, fine, I'll just learn how to deal with it." she said.

"But you! You hurt me the most. I thought no matter what, my best friend would be here for me. But all you see of me is nothing more than a pest. You ignored me, distanced yourself from me. If I don't talk to you, you wouldn't even say a word to me. Do you know how much it hurts? To be alone, where my own best friend ignored me?" she sobbed even more.

"Arifah..." I carressed the back of her head as I pulled her to rest her head on my chest, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt that way."

"If only you would be more alert to my needs. I wouldn't be this - oh god, what am I doing?" she looked at my shirt that was wet with her tears.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked before she pushed my head upward by my chin.

"Don't look! Don't look! You damned bastard! This is all your fault!"

Twenty minutes later, after Arifah had washed her face of her tears, we set out on our way home.

"Why are we walking?" Arifah asked.

"My bike wouldn't start this morning."

"So how'd you come to school?" Arifah asked again.

"My father sent me. I do have a father, in case you don't know."

"Oh poo. I was just asking." Arifah said, as her fingers tightened around mine.

"We can call a taxi," I suggested.

"I'm not going to let you pay for our fare. We're just going home. Besides, Malaysian taxi always overcharge," she whispered.

"I was... thinking that we could split the fare, like, you know, in the middle?" I clarified.

"Would work, if I have money. A bus would've been a lot cheaper," she replied.

"Come to think of it, why didn't we take a bus just now?"

"Would you like to show our friends that we're holding hands now?" she stated as she raised our locked hands.

"Right," I said, "Maybe you should let go of my hands then."

"You're the one who should let go. You're the one holding my hand," Arifah argued.

"No, you're the one who should let go," I said, to which I felt her squeeze my hand.

"No, you should let go," Arifah said.

"I'm not the one holding your hand. Let go," I asked.

"No, you should let go. Why are you holding my hand anyway, are you bent?" she asked without any malicious tone.

"No, I'm not gay. You're a girl now," I reasoned

"Oh right. So it's okay then?"

"I suppose. You can let go of my hand now if you want," I suggested.

"No, YOU let go!"

*As usual, please leave your comments and feedbacks. Praises help me write faster and constructive criticisms help me write better.

up
124 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mixed Feelings

It seems Arifah and Ahmad have mixed feelings about her change. I thought she was overcompensating at the beginning and her breakdown at the end pretty much confirmed that. Ahmad doesn't have a clue how to deal with her now, not sure if she's a girl or his old friend.

I generally like this story and it's well written. Looking forward to whatever's next.

titania.jpg

Titania

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

Mixed Feelings

shiinaai's picture

Yes, Arifah was just pretending to cope, but actually not coping with it at all. Suddenly becoming a girl, with no choice in the matter and being alone would kill anyone. I was in that kind of a situation once.

Thank you for your feedback, please keep supporting me.

Toilet...

Washing his hands in a nearby toilet? Please tell me I read that wrong...

Oh also good story. Sorry forgot to write the last part just the horrifying image of the toilet wouldn't leave my mind like EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ;-;

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Toilet

shiinaai's picture

Well, there's a wash basin in the toilet, not like he was washing his hands in a toilet stall :P

In some Malaysian schools, students are allowed to stay and eat in their own classrooms, since those classrooms mostly are far from the canteen, most students would just go to the toilet to wash their hands, since toilets are everywhere. I must admit that school toilets in Malaysia are mostly dirty, so can't blame you for feeling disgusted.

Thank you for your comment, please keep reading and supporting me.

Separated by a common language

In many parts of the English-speaking world, the entire room is called the toilet. If they even know the American uses, they will point out that the room is used for neither bathing nor resting. Of course, we could always go with the Dr. Seuss approach, and go to use the euphemism.

Jorey
.

Dr Seuss?

shiinaai's picture

I've heard of his books, but I've never read it. What did Dr. Seuss say about toilets?

Falling

shiinaai's picture

Yeap, that's where it's going.

Someone slap that boy !

Mind Mapping: I did not know there was a name for what I do in my head. I have not drawn them out, perhaps that would help a lot?

I must admit to being so like Arifah  If you look at my picture, it shows through, I’m so busted. Where is her Hijab, and what is she doing wearing short skirt? Yallah !!!

Wash your hands in a toilet? Seriously? In Western culture, a toilet is where you pee and crap. Do you mean Sink?

This guy is a serious dork! I am glad that she finally woke him up, I hope.

Like Joreymay mentioned above...

Page of Wands's picture

In some countries, the word "toilet" refers to the entire room, a la "restroom", "bathroom", "water closet", etc. Not sure what word they use for the appliance itself, though--commode, maybe?

Toilet

shiinaai's picture

Yes, in Malaysia we refer to the whole room as a toilet, with the stall with a toilet bowl being called a toilet stall. We use two different words of toilet in malay, toilet being 'tandas', toilet bowl being 'mangkuk tandas', and toilet stall as 'jamban'. Maybe I need to know how English speaking countries call it to avoid any confusions in the future.

I have changed that offending word into toilet sink. Anyway, thanks for bringing it up to me, guys. I do need to know these things if I plan to go mainstream :P Thanks for reading and commenting, Anansi. Please keep on supporting me.

Slapping

shiinaai's picture

He may need a few more slaps, he had a traumatizing experience.

Yes, I do think that you are quite similar to Arifah, at least your hair is similar. In Malaysia, it's not compulsory for women to wear a hijab. Same goes with short skirts, there's no law that says a girl must wear long skirts. Though if you study in a public school, the ustaz or ustazah who teaches the islamic studies class will most likely try their best to make you feel like you're the greatest sinner in the world on the same level as Jezebel or harlots if you come to class without a hijab and wearing short skirts. One reason why increasing numbers of muslim school girls applied to go for Moral Education instead of Islamic Studies was the harrassments they suffered from these educators. They studied at a missionary school, so there's nothing forcing them to wear hijab if they don't want to. In public, since it's getting harder recently to tell the difference between muslim malay and chinese girls, most people try not to stick their noses in things they have no knowledge of.

Thanks for the comments. Please keep on supporting me.

Toilet

Glenda98's picture

I think Americans are embarrassed but the word “toilet”, they call it a bathroom. Anyway, a cute story.

Glenda Ericsson