Story Ideas: TG Superheroes

Printer-friendly version
1. Majokko: Huntress of the Night

Synopsis:

Born a princess of the "Radiant Kingdom," Yomeno Shiko was spirited away to the planet Earth following a war with the Shadow Realm. Arriving on the mortal plane, she was secretly hidden in the body of a human boy, Toby Ohara, where Shiko's consciousness would sleep until the threat has passed. Raised by his grandparents, Toby lived the life of a simple Shibuya schoolboy, unaware of the immensely powerful being residing deep within his subconscious.

Toby's carefree lifestyle was shattered at the age of 16, when demons from the Shadow Realm finally tracked him down, doggedly tracing Shiko's scent for over two years. Several Oni attacked him one evening on the way home from Juku (cram school), leaving him for dead after a vicious struggle.

Despite his terrible wounds, Toby miraculously survived as Shiko's tamashī was jolted back to consciousness. Awakening at the very moment of death, Toby transformed into a Mahou-Hime (Magical Princess), and set off in pursuit of the shadow demons. Armed with supernatural strength and all "the powers of the Radiant Kingdom," she destroyed her opponents without mercy, cutting them down with blasts of "pure energy."

Following the battle, Shiko swore to protect her adopted world from "evil in all its forms." Toby, now sharing all of Shiko's thoughts and memories, agreed to become her human avatar for as long as she needs him.


2. Selina the Moon Maiden

Synopsis:

For over fifty years, Selina the Moon Maiden has fought supernatural menaces high over the streets of Chamberlain City, acclaimed as one of the greatest champions the world has ever seen. Unfortunately, her never-ending battle finally came to an end after a devastating attack by her most powerful enemies.

Mortally wounded during a series of co-ordinated strikes, Selina fell from the skies in a flaming heap, using the last of her strength to survive the fall. Sensing her thanatos drawing near, she realized she needed a new host for her essence and - with no other alternative at hand - reached out for the first person who passed her way.

This apparent 'good samaritan' was a teenaged boy named William Carter, a high school-drop out from the Westside ghetto. With her dying breath, Selina took William's wrist and transferred her divine essence into his body, telling him to call her name when the time comes. She then died, leaving behind a badly charred corpse only vaguely resembling a human being.

With the forces of darkness closing in from all sides, William ran for his life, but was swiftly overtaken by a pack of ravenous hell hounds. In the extremity of his fear, he screamed out The Name and was instantly transformed into a superhuman teenaged girl. Making short work of the canine demons, she flew off to safety, reveling in her newly acquired powers. Selina the Moon Maiden had arisen from the ashes, fully revived and - perhaps - even stronger than before.

Unfortunately, fifteen year old William Carter was no hero. Immature, petulant, and something of a coward, he was far more interested in settling old scores than defending the innocent. His first target was a neighborhood bully who humiliated him a few months before, followed by more or less anyone who'd ever looked at him sideways. Re-enrolling at high school, he picked fights with students and teachers alike, covertly transforming into Selina to avenge even the slightest insults.

Despite his spitefully narcissistic behavior, William had one redeeming quality - he actually tried to help Selina just before she died. It was this single spark of altruism that allowed her essence to pass into William's mortal form. He has the potential to become as great a champion as his predecessor - but will that be enough when Selina's murderous enemies come to his school, seeking to steal her power for themselves ... by destroying the human vessel it now inhabits?


Note: Both Selina the Moon Maiden and Shiko-Chan are open source characters, released into the public domain by the author. They may be used for any purpose; attribution is not required.


up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Both stories ...

... sound pretty neat! I think the second story sounds a little more interesting. It seems to have more internal conflict, which could lead to some enjoyable character development.