Gaby Book 24 ~ Fame ~ Chapter *13*

Printer-friendly version
book 24 cover.jpg

 

*Chapter 13*
Third Degree

 
“That skinsuit was a good fit, looked almost painted on,” Mum opined as we started the journey back to the Ahrtal.
“Er yeah,” I agreed, “quite good.”
“They certainly didn't waste any time getting it made up, they let you keep it?”

Drea gurgled knowingly from the back seat, she couldn't possibly know the truth could she?

“It er ripped when I took it off, it wasn't exactly well made,” I suggested.
“That's a pity, you could've shown your Dad.”

Not flippin' likely, he'd have a coronary! 'oh by the way Dad this is what I wore for the photoshoot, yes it is pretty tight, yeah, second skin tight' – that'd really go down well, he had a hairy fit when he saw my bikini.

“I'm sure there'll be pictures about, they took enough.”
“I guess so, you want to stop off for a burger?”
“What about Drea?”
“She can have one too.”
“You know that's not what I meant.”
“We've got plenty of time, if we stop at Remagen we can straight up the valley to pick Bern up.”
It was tempting, i've not had a Maccy D for ages, “i'd best check that its okay for Drea to have a burger though.”
“I'll take that as a yes then.”
 
I called the kiosk phone, that should get answered.

Lingring, lingring… Lingring, lingring
“Connie's, Nena speaking.”
“Er hi Nen, is Bernie there?”
“Oh hi Gab, sure, I'll get her over, sohow was the modelling?”
“Okay I guess, I'll tell you tomorrow, Bernie?” I hinted.
“She's just coming, see you later.”
I could hear voices in the backgroun”d then what I'm guessing was a reansfer of the handset, “hiya Gab, everything okay, has Drea behaved?”
“She's been fine,had a whale of a time.”
“I was a bit concerned, she threw a tantrum when Mum had her the other day.”
“No she's been quite happy, look we're stopping at Maccy's on the way back, is it alright if she has a burger?”
“I don't think she's ever had one,” Bern sighed, “not exactly in my budget range.”
“We can give it a miss.”
“No, its fine, just a plain one though and no fizzy drinks.”
“Juice?”
“Should be okay.”
“We won't be late, we're nearly at Remagen now.”
“Okay, see you in a bit.”
“Tschuss.”
 
“So what do you want?” Mum enquired as we slowly made our way up to the counter, Drea having insisted on walking in.
I checked the menu boards, “er Royale Menu with cheese?”
“7Up®?”
“Root beer if they've got it,” I requested.
“'kay kiddo, go find a table, you might want to drag a highchair over.”

For her part, Drea was fascinated by the brightly coloured seating and the other children noisily enjoying their visit to Ronald's. There was a free table overlooking the 'garden' which I claimed with a small child before fetching a highchair over. I was still battling to get my charge strapped in when Mum arrived with the commestibles.

“I got Drea a Happy Meal, cheaper than buying the bits,” Mater advised unloading the tray.
“What's the toy?” I asked tucking a serviette under Drea's chin.
“No idea, food first.”
 
Well I guess it was to be expected, whilst Drea can feed herself its not a pretty sight! The burger was mauled and pulled apart and the fries were sucked to death, yeah your typical toddler. She was at least quite happy with it, she wasn't quite sure about the straw in the carton of apple juice so I fetched her cup from the car and transferred the contents.

My Royale, think smaller Big Mac, was delish, I guess there's just something about American style fast food. Somehow when you do it at home it never comes out quite the same, it might be the sauce, or something in the burgers but you can't replicate it. Traditional Frikadel and for that matter burgers back in England are usually 'naked', possibly a bit of cheese which is fine, but sometimes you just want a bit more.

To my chagrin, Mum had a box salad, stealing some of the munchkins pommes, makes you feel a right pig.

“I don't know where you put it all daughter.”
“I didn't have any breakfast.”
“If I ate like you i'd blow up like a balloon.”

As if, Mum's lean to the point of more fat on a carrot, how many mothers do you know who are the same dress size as their teenage daughters? Well not me, I'm smaller but she could wear anything in Jules' wardrobe, not that she does but they're the same size.

Anyhow, we finished up, Drea had, I guess, eaten about half hers, the rest being smeared over the high chair and floor. We cleaned up a bit before gathering our stuff to depart.

“I'll meet you at the car, I need a wee.”
“Don't be too long, it's quarter to.”

Yeah, our stop has taken longer with Drea to sort out so we're a little behind. After the facilities were used, the bodypaint seems to be still staying put, weird, I headed not outside but to the counter.
 
“We're gonna be late,” Mum advised as I slipped into my seat, “what've you got there?”
“Apple pies?”
“I'll let you off, buckle up.”

All was quiet in the back as Jenny 'Schumacher' pointed us up the valley away from Alt Väter Rhein, Drea was investigating the plastic fairy from the Happy Meal, she really has been well behaved today. Even with Mum at the wheel its best part of thirty minutes up to Altenahr, we pulled up to find the girls waiting outside the kiosk.
 
“See you in the morning,” I called out to Con and Kris as we set off on the final leg up to Staffel.
“Laters!”
“So how did you enjoy working at the cabin?” Mum enquired over her shoulder.
“Exhausting,” she sighed, “did this one behave?”
“She's been fine, enjoyed your burger eh spud?”

Drea was oblivious, the plastic toy currently the centre of her universe.

“Here, you'd best have this,” I suggested pushing a Maccy D's bag into the back.
“What's this?” Bern asked.
“Quarter pounder, fries and diet coke oh and an apple pie.”
“But...”
“Well it only seemed right, we've had ours and you said you hadn't been for a while,” I told my friend.
“I wasn't hinting Gab.”
“I know you weren't, my treat okay.”
“Hope Erika hasn't got too much organised for dinner,” Bern mentioned.

I guess the answer to that was moot, we turned into the lane to the farm and bounced along to the Preiser's place. Erika invited us in for coffee but with the rest of the Bond household no doubt awaiting our return, we declined and started back down the mountain.
 
I stripped off and stood in front of my big mirror, I hadn't really seen the painted me at the studio, talk about weird. I turned this way and that, if I squinted a bit it looked like proper clothing, Sigi truly is an artist, although only paint it really looked like material being pulled and stretched under the arms and so on. Maybe the big give away was the zip, or rather lack of, details, details, it still looks amazing.

“Gab, can I borrow your....Gott!” Manda exclaimed.
“Sugar Mand, don't do that! Shut the door,” I told her my hands flying to cover my modesty.
“Is that painted on?”
“Shush!”
“It is isn't it, lets see,” my friend demanded.

Well I guess its not the first time i've been naked in front of her, so i lowered my hands.

“Turn 'round then.”
I made a slow turn before facing her again, “satisfied?”
“Wow, that's well cool!”
“You can't say anything Mand,” I told her wrapping my bathrobe around me.
”Your Mum doesn't know does she?”
“No, and the rents aren't going to find out are they?”
“My lips are sealed, so how do you get it off? You got any pictures?”
“No and the shower, it just washes off.”
“You really should have some pictures, your camera up here?”
“On the shelf, why?”
“Why'd you think dummy,” she replied retrieving my photographic equipment.

Well I guess it would be cool to have some pictures, its not like I'm gonna get painted again is it?
 
After the impromptu photographic session I got Mand to wash off the bits I couldn't see or get to, it made a bit of a mess in the shower – I guess I'll have to clean it properly later.

“So what did you want to borrow?” I asked as I dried myself off.
“Borrow?”
“You wanted to borrow something, before, you know?”
She thought for a moment, “oh right, have you got some black tights I can borrow, I put a hole in my last pair.”
“Er sure, there's a packet in the second drawer.”
“You girls coming?” Dad bellowed up the stairs.
“Coming!” I called back.
 
Well on one hand its good we're eating out, well with the Pingers, on the other hand I did have that burger earlier – bet Mum knew about the Pinger's invite then, no wonder she had salad. I'd be really upset if it was going to be one of Hen's barbeques, now they really are something. It might only be dinner with friends but that doesn't mean a relaxation of the dress code, well a bit, decent jeans would be okay but to be honest I'm more comfortable in a frock, nothing restricting my belly for the food!

“About time,” Dad stated when we clopped downstairs.
I shrugged, “couldn't find my earrings.”
“Did you try your ears?”
“Not these,” I flicked the drops I'd settled on, “Gran's,” I told him.
“Didn't you lend them to your sister?” Mum suggested joining us.
I slapped my forehead, “course, I forgot about that.”
“You do take blonde to a new level sometimes Gab,” Mand opined.
“Hey!” I complained.
“Come on you two, Maria's doing Pork chops, don't want them dried up.”

Given that they'll be sort of casseroled that's unlikely but I guess we don't want to be too late.
 
© Maddy Bell 11.1.2018

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Don't say anything?

Jamie Lee's picture

When has it ever stayed quiet when photos have been taken by a friend at home? When has it stayed quiet when a friend has seen something mom and dad would flip out over?

The fact Gaby had pictures taken while body painted will accidently slip out if they start comparing the neatest things they've seen or if they get a bit tipsy.

Somehow, the fact Gaby was body painted when those photos were taken will get out. And whoa unto Gaby when it does.

Others have feelings too.