What's in a Name? -2-

Printer-friendly version

What do you see in the mirror or do you just say "Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who's the Fairset One of all?" Shadow swirls in the mirror, then coalesce into an image. See what's next for Dana.

What's in a Name?

Chapter 2

By BrandieS


 
I woke in the dark. My breathing was fast and I felt my heart race. Where was I? I moved and felt something on me. I tried to reach for the bedside light, but there was no table on that side of the bed. Then I heard "Honey, are you ok, do you need anything?" The voice sounded familiar and comforting.

"Mom?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes, Honey, mommy's here."

The sound of that was music to my ears. Normally I called her Mom, but when I was sick or hurt, then it was Mommy. It was Mommy now and it made me feel real good. I shivered as she put her hand on my forehead and traced my cheek. It felt good. She bent down and kissed my cheek and I shivered again.

"Honey, are the Monsters after you again?" she asked. "Just let me hold you and I'll chase them away."

I remembered what she was talking about. When I was younger, I would have bad dreams and often would go to my parents room. My dad would tell me to 'buck up' and 'there are no such thing as monsters' and to 'go back to bed'. I would just hang my head and cautiously go back to my room. Often I would cry myself to sleep after these episodes, but sometimes mom would come into my room and get into bed with me and hold me for the rest of the night. She said she was protecting me from monsters. I always slept good those nights. As I got older, she came less and less. Dad would follow her to my room and he would make a big fuss saying it was not right for a teenage boy to have his mommy sleep with him.

The covers were pulled back and she snuggled in beside me. She kissed my cheek and I returned the kiss. Then out of nowhere, she began giggling.

"Uh, mommy, what's so funny?" I asked.

She went from a giggle to a full laugh when I said that. This lasted for a few moments, then she seemed to regain her composure, saying "I was just thinking about your father. What would he say now, seeing me sleeping with my 19 year old 'son'. My new daughter!" She laughed hysterically and after a few seconds, I followed her into laughter.

Waking up in the morning was an event. Mommy had her arms tangled in mine and I carefully freed myself from her embrace. I slid out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Oh, I had to pee!

I was just going to do what I had always done, when I realized that that wouldn't work. I was dressed in a night gown. A full length one. I smiled and then pulling up the gown, I turned to sit down. I didn't have any undies on under the gown and thought "Oh, well'. Still, I was curious as I had gotten hard in the mornings before I started to change and now nothing. Something else to think about.

I was just standing up to flush, when Mommy came into the bath. "Morning, Honey. Sleep good?" I nodded the answer, then she said, "Honey, did you wipe yourself after you peed?"

I turned bright red. She smiled and told me that I needed to wipe myself. Both for sanitary reasons and that also as she knew I wasn't wearing undies, I didn't want to get a wet spot on the front of my gown. I replied that I could put on a pair of undies, but she just smiled and continued, saying that by wiping I would minimize any possible drips into my panties. They would be more comfortable and there wouldn't be any bad odor. She said that a lot of women used panty liners to keep smelling fresh during the day and suggested I do that. What amazed me about this talk was that as she was talking, she just pulled up her night gown and went potty. Right in front of me. Wow!

We went back in the bedroom and put on robes, then headed to the kitchen. I was glad she knew her way around, cause I was lost in thought and would have walked into the wall if not for her.

Auntie heard us in the kitchen and came walking in. She too was dressed in night gown and robe. Seeing her, we set another cup and we set down to enjoy our morning tea.

"So, Dear, any plans for today?" Auntie asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders, but mom didn't like that and gave me a look. Quickly I regrouped and replied "No, just trying to accept all this." I waved my hands in an up and down motion at myself. Mom gave my hand a small squeeze.

Auntie continued "Well, we have some things to do today. Oh, and you need to get dressed. No classes for you today." She gave mom a conspiratorial look and smiled at me.

After morning tea, I returned to my new room. I turned full circle taking it all in. I opened the dresser drawers and the closet. To my surprise they were filled with 'girl' clothes. I was looking for my stuff as mom came in.

"Whatcha looking for, Dear?" came from her.

"Just looking for some clean clothes." I replied.

Mom walked over to the dresser and opened and closed several drawers, taking out several items, then turning handed them to me. "Here start with these and let's see how they look." she smiled as this was said. I looked at the selection and realized I was holding a panty and bra set and some kind of t-shirt. I looked at them then back at mom. She was smiling.

"Get dressed, Honey." was said, then, "Oh, you don't know how to put then on, sorry."

She told me to put the panty on just like regular underwear and how to tell the front from the back, for the bra she said there were two ways to put it on and she told them to me, but she shocked me by picking up a clean pair of panties and stepping into them and raising her gown, pulling them up.

Next her gown was pulled over her head and she faced me standing only in panties. Never in my life had I expected something like this! I turned bright red, but she said that as it was just us girls here, not to be upset. Now, she took up her bra and showed me how to put it on. She had me mimic her actions, then adjust the straps for comfort and support. I was learning that there was more to getting dressed that undies, pants and t-shirts. Wow! The t-shirt just pulled over my head and was pulled down over the bra. I caught a glimpse of myself in the vanity mirror and was amazed.

Looking back at me from the mirror was a pretty little girl. Nothing exotic or extravagant, just a pretty girl. She had a pleasant smile and nice facial features. Slightly upturned nose, pretty eyes and a cute smile. Her hair was short and kinda spiky from having it cut. Still she was nice to look at. Not big breasted, but somehow nice there too.

As I moved my hands down smoothing the t-shirt, called a camisole, her hands followed and the beginings of a waist line was felt. She looked up at me and smiled, then turned away. Mom was smiling at me as I looked at her.

"Dana, Honey, you are very pretty and I'm glad to see a nice smile on that face of yours. Come on, lets finish getting you dressed, then we have an appointment to get too."

I just nodded as she handed me a pair of pants to wear.

I had just tied my shoes when Auntie came in. "You two ready to go?" she asked as she pointed to the door.

Mom nodded and I just looked blank. They laughed at my expression.

Auntie said "First, we go to Jeffrey's office, then you need some make-up and a few things."

"Uh, Jeffrey's office." I stammered.

Auntie smiled and told me that since I was allergic to the Testosterone, that I would need to be on an Estrogen supplement till my natural levels evened out. Then she droped a bomb on me.

"It's not like I need Jeffery there to give you the initial shot and write the prescription. After all, I may be an old lady, but I remember how to do a thing or two." She smiled at me. "Oh, yes, in case I forgot, I'm Dr. Stein, too. Runs in the family, I'm afraid."

She walked to me and took my arm, leading me outside, mom following. She drove to the clinic and let us in with her keys. In 'HER' office, she reread a file and then excused herself for a moment. When she returned, she was holding a syringe and a glass vial. Instructing me to lay face down on the exam table, my panties were pulled down and she wiped the area with alcohol then I felt the sharp sting of a needle.

"There, it will only sting for a little bit. Now pull yourself together and let's go, girls."

Our next stop was at her son's house. Dr. Stein, call me Jeffery, was very pleasant. The two doctors conferred about my care and arranged details between themselves. The Auntie told Jeffery the news.

"Now, Jeffery, don't get mad at me, but, I, Uh, I put Dana in Jessica's old room. Please."

He paled then turned to me. I was looking at him wondering what to say or do, when he walked over to me. He held out a hand and I took it as he pulled me up.

"Uh, Dana, it seems that mom has taken a fancy to you. I want you to know that I miss my sister very much and that, well..." His voice trailed off.

Without thinking, I stepped close to him and tugging on his hand I put my arms around him, pulling him closer.

"Thank you, and thank you for all you've done for me, too." Still not thinking, I kissed him on the cheek. Auntie joined our hug, then stepping back, she said "Come on now, it's time for lunch. Girls? Jeffery?"

We went to lunch.
 


 
To Be Continued...

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting continuation...

We'll see what happens next.

Despite the "change" I find the mom's complete acceptance and actions surprising. They fit the story, but they wre a surprise.

Thanks,
Annette

??????

Part 1 and Part 2 almost read like chapters of two different stories, except for the very end. Even after going back and rereading Pt. 1 again, I still don't get how you got to where you are in Part 2.

KJT

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way." College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

At a loss

I can agree with Karen here. Chapter 1 kind of skipped around, but I thought I got the gist of what was going on. But then part 2 left me thinking Huh? I think the writing is good..No way am I knocking that part, Brandie. I just can't find the continuity to get from point a to point b.

What's In A Name? 2

Sweet chapter. Nice to see everybody accepting her new sex. But what happens next? Will there be any pitfalls?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Very engaging

It's on my list of titles for which to watch. And don't worry about the continuity thing. That will come with practice, I wager. (which means you'll have to continue posting hehehehehehe)

Fairset?

I figured it was mistake in the header for the first chapter...

Who's the Fairest One of all?

The Legendary Lost Ninja

Guess Some More Explanation...

...would have been helpful (and the first few paragraphs did send me back to part one to see where we were), but if my speculation was right last chapter, then I'm not surprised at the equanimity of Dana's mother. I think she suspected the anomaly at birth (thus the androgynous name) and has been waiting since puberty for something like this to happen.

As for Dana's own calm attitude, it might not continue -- don't forget there was valium in his IV.

Eric