Katie Ann - Chapter 51: HIPAA Release

Printer-friendly version

Katie Ann

What do you do when you look seven years old but you’re actually a college student in your late teens? For Kathleen’s entire life, she had fought against people treating her much younger than her actual age. Feeling obligated to grow up fast to show people she wasn’t the age of her size, Kathleen never let her inner child out. Tired of fighting against the world, she explores the adult submissive world. What she finds, however, is an enjoyment of regression. Had she made a mistake? Would life be better if she just let people treat her the way she looks at seven years old?

By
Becky Anne

Proofread by Teek

©2018-2024

~o~O~o~

Chapter Fifty-One: HIPAA Release

Early Friday morning, Ally was awakened by sniffles from the bunk below her. By the time she looked, her roommate was sleeping peacefully.

Many hours later, Katie was studying for exams alone in the cluster while waiting for her Daddie. Most of her cluster mates were in Reynolds eating. Ally had dressed her in a Hello Kitty sweatshirt and jeans this time. Her auburn locks were in curled pigtails with white bows to match her sweatshirt. That was all normal, and the little girl was used to that stuff. What had her so embarrassed was the note safety-pinned to her back where she couldn’t reach it.

Grandma Olsen walked into the cluster at about one o'clock. Katie walked over to her, “Granny.”

“Hi, Princess,” the older lady said. “Sorry, your Daddie has a court case that has run longer than expected, so I gladly offered to pick you up today.”

“That’s fine, Granny. My stuff is in my room,” Katie said before walking off to her dorm room.

“What is this on your back, Princess?” Grandma asked.

“A note for Daddie from Mrs. Schneider.”

“Let me put that in my purse,” Grandma bent down and removed the note. Standing up, she looked at the bed containing a laundry basket, a garbage bag appearing to cover up something on a hanger, the car activity bag, and Katie’s school backpack. “Hmm, let's see … yep, we can fold this dress neatly on top of the dirty laundry. You take your backpack and car bag. We should be able to do this in one trip.”

After getting her coat on, Katie got the designated items and slowly followed her Grandma down the stairs. At the bottom, she was led to a burgundy Escape. Granny opened the hatch and put the clothes basket in. The school backpack was taken from Katie and also put in the rear of the SUV. After the back door was open, the regressed girl crawled onto the car seat that was there. Grandma adjusted the straps on the 5-point harness and buckled Katie in.

“Granny, where is the gray Escape?” the regressed girl asked as Granny got in the driver's seat.

“With your Grandpa at his law office. He usually drives the gray one, and I drive this one,” Grandma explained as she drove out of the parking lot. “I understand Daddie feeds you when he picks you up.”

The little girl nodded at that.

Grandma looked at the clock, “We will swing by MickeeDees, but there will be no playtime. We are on a tight schedule.”

After a McNugget happy meal, the two of them were back on the road. Grandma was using the GPS, and Katie couldn’t figure out where they were going by the scenery. She was sure this wasn’t the route to Riverville. It wasn’t until they reached their destination that she realized why. They weren’t in Riverville. Nope, they were at the wretched dreaded Doctor’s office. The regressed girl now was very much aware she was getting a shot today.

Granny was soon letting Katie out of the back of the car, and they held hands walking into the doctor’s office built into the back of the farmhouse. Walking into the waiting room, Grandma released Katie’s hand, allowing her to go play with the toys.

The older lady went to the receptionist, “We’re here for an appointment. Katie Telgenhof, March sixteenth, nineteen eighty-seven.”

The receptionist looked over at Katie, her computer screen, and then back at the lady in front of her, “You are not her Daddie. What relationship are you to her?”

“I am Adam’s, or her Daddie’s, Mother. I guess that makes me Katie’s Grandma. Adam has unexpected work commitments today.”

“We will need for Katie to sign this temporary HIPAA release. If you are going to bring her frequently, we recommend a permanent HIPAA release,” the receptionist said, giving a form over. “We also need to verify that the insurance is still correct.”

Grandma nodded, “I wasn’t informed of any insurance changes, so I will assume it is still the same. I will have her sign this form. Do you mind if I fill it out and just have her sign it?”

“Not at all, go right ahead,” the lady responded.

Grandma sat next to her oldest granddaughter. The little girl was hugging a teddy bear while reading a Discovery Kids magazine. She filled the form out before saying, “Kathleen, can you please read and sign this.”

Katie accepted the form and read:

HIPAA AUTHORIZATION FORM

I, Kathleen Annabelle Telgenhof, hereby authorize the use or disclosure of my protected health information as described below:

1. AUTHORIZED PERSONS TO USE AND DISCLOSE PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION

Carla's Medical Practice is authorized to disclose the following protected health information to my Grandma, Nancy Olsen of Riverville, Pennsylvania.

2. DESCRIPTION OF INFORMATION TO BE DISCLOSED

The health information that may be disclosed is:
* Medical records
* All treatment records
* Only health information from December 08, 2006, to December 08, 2006, may be shared.

3. PURPOSE OF THE USE OR DISCLOSURE

The purpose of this use or disclosure is so Nancy Olsen may join Kathleen Telgenhof in the treatment room.

4. VALIDITY OF AUTHORIZATION FORM

This Authorization Form is valid beginning on December 08, 2006, and expires on December 08, 2006.

5. ACKNOWLEDGMENT

I understand the information used or disclosed under this Authorization Form may be subject to re-disclosure by the person(s) or facility receiving it and would then no longer be protected by federal privacy regulations.

I have the right to refuse to sign this Authorization Form. If signed, I have the right to revoke this authorization, in writing, at any time. I understand that any action already taken in reliance on this authorization cannot be reversed, and my revocation will not affect those actions.

Katie saw no problem with the form and gladly signed it. She handed it back to her Granny before returning to her magazine.

A few minutes after Grandma returned the form, Nurse Lori entered the waiting room, “Katie.”

Grandma held her nervous granddaughter's hand as they followed Nurse Lori through the door, going to the exam rooms.

“You're still a cutie. Let's get that weight and height,” Nurse Lori said as she directed Katie to the scale in the hallway and requested her to remove her shoes before getting on. “As usual, we have to lower this a lot to get your height, sweetie.”

With Grandma carrying the shoes, the nurse showed them into a room with Looney Tunes characters on the wall, “Please strip her down to her bra, diaper, and socks. I will be back.”

Grandma's eyes got as big as saucers after removing the sweatshirt and jacket, exposing the sores. She snarled, “KATHLEEN ANNABELLE TELGENHOF, who attacked you? You didn’t have those sores two weeks ago.”

Meekly, the regressed girl replied, “That is exactly what Daddie’s note is about, Grandma Olsen. I would rather not relive it by repeating what that note says.”

After Katie was sitting almost naked except for her binder and diaper on the examination table, Grandma got the note out of her purse. She slowly but surely read it. The regressed girl could see that her Granny was getting more and more upset the farther down the note she got. She didn't know what precisely the note said. No one had personally shown her the contents of it. That was perfectly fine with her. What she did know is that it was at least two pages long with lots of words and two or three pictures. She knew the subject matter and didn't need to read about it. She unfortunately had the memories about it.

When the nurse returned to the exam room, she went straight to the cupboard for items she would need, “Katie, the Doctor wants another urine sample. I am assuming your bladder is probably empty. So, we will set you up before we take your vitals.”

Nurse Lori turned around to face Katie and stopped short. With concern in her voice, “What happened to you, Katie?”

“She was attacked Wednesday, according to this note that I just read,” Grandma responded.

As the little girl nodded, Nurse Lori asked, “Can I see that note?”

Grandma wordlessly handed the note over.

After scanning the note, the nurse set it aside, “I will read that later. Katie, you should feel privileged. We invested in child-size medical supplies just for you. Doctor Carla was a little worried about long-term damage using adult-size supplies on you.”

Nurse Lori helped Katie into a lying position and then untaped and removed the diaper from the regressed girl. Katie's bottom was swabbed with alcohol before the catheter was inserted. The nurse fastened the urine bag to her leg.

While helping the little girl sit up, Nurse Lori said, “We will leave that bag right there for a bit. Just as I expected, only a tiny amount was in the bladder. Well, that should slowly fill as we do the rest of the appointment.”

Katie just blushed in response. The nurse grabbed her arm, and her blood pressure was soon taken. The pulse was taken next on the wrist of the same arm.

While helping her charge lay down, the nurse said, “You know the drill. Lay down on your front, sweetie.”

While pouting and actively rolling over to her front, Katie said, “Do I have to?”

Grandma asked, “Why on her front?”

“We take rectal temperatures at this doctor's office. We also give shots on the bum, too,” Nurse Lori explained.

That must have satisfied retired nurse Grandma, because she returned to silently observing. Nurse Lori took the thermometer out of its disinfectant solution. It was dipped in lube before being inserted in the regressed girl's bum. Katie was never happy with anything stuck down there. She lumped the thermometer with that wretched tail and the teddy bear's health probe. But she felt very relaxed because the nurse was gently rubbing her behind.

Soon, the thermometer was removed, wiped off, and dropped back into the disinfectant. Katie was told to stay like that and was offered a teddy bear. Without warning, the regressed girl was given her birth control shot. The nurse was again rubbing her behind while she was doing that. The little girl flinched in surprise and glared at the nurse for no warning.

“Does the angel want a Disney Princess or Barbie band-aid?” Nurse Lori asked.

After the requested Princess Band-Aid was on the bum, Katie felt the catheter being removed from her. While unstrapping the bag, the nurse said, “This should be a good enough sample.”

Nurse Lori helped Katie roll over and pulled a diaper out from under the exam table. “These diapers are another supply item we got especially for you. Those adult-size smalls we used last time probably didn't really fit. Do you remember if they leaked?”

Quietly, the little girl said, “I don't remember, but that was in September.”

As Katie was helped into a sitting position, she determined that these diapers were not as comfortable as her usual brand.

Nurse Lori got some supplies and then wrapped a tourniquet around the little girl’s arm, “We just have to pay the vampire. While I’m getting the blood sample, are there any medical concerns besides the sores?”

Katie shook her head but was getting a massive glare from Granny. The little one verbally eeped. Finding her voice, she said softly, “Both ages are incontinent at night now.”

Granny’s glare got even more substantial. Katie continued, “Eep! I had a major case of diaper rash during Thanksgiving.”

“I nipped the cause of that one quickly in the bum,” Grandma commented.

The nurse asked rhetorically while removing the tourniquet, “Let me guess, she wasn't telling people she needed a change?”

Grandma peered at her granddaughter, “Correcto.”

Said granddaughter just hid behind the teddy bear she was still hugging.

“That cause of diaper rash runs rampant in this doctor's office. I didn’t see any rash today, so it must have healed,” Nurse Lori put a Disney band-aid on Katie’s arm. “As for the incontinence, is that a problem, Sweetie?”

Katie said, “No, Ma'am. I am quite fine with that.”

Grabbing the note, Nurse Lori turned to Granny. “Is it okay if I make a copy of this for her file?”

“I can’t give that permission. Ask Kathleen for that permission,” the older lady responded.

Katie, trying to be an adult, said, “I haven't a clue what that note says. I don't want to know what it says. But, yes, you can put it in my medical file.”

The nurse said as she was leaving, “You were only supposed to see me today to check your iron levels and get your birth control. But I am sure Doctor Carla is going to want to check those sores out. You may put her jeans back on if you want. Leave the sweatshirt off. It might be a bit because she wasn't expecting to have to see you. I will leave the original of the note with the receptionist.”

Katie, back in her jeans, nervously kicked her feet back and forth, waiting for the doctor. She was examining all the items visible in this room with her eyes to pass the time. After what felt like a century for the regressed girl, Doctor Carla entered the room. Grandma would later tell her it had only been twenty minutes.

Doctor Carla said, “There is my cutest patient. I heard you were attacked a few days ago.”

The little girl blushed at the first sentence and nodded at the second one. She shyly said, “Hello, Doctor Carla. And yes, an evil lady tried to get me to go to a school I didn't attend.”

“Let's examine those sores,” Doctor Carla said as she looked over the sores and pressed on one. “Does this hurt?”

“A bit. Wednesday, at bedtime, just touching it hurt,” the little girl said.

The doctor asked, “On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the most painful, what would you label your current pain?”

After thinking, the little girl said, “A four, but it used to be an eight.”

The doctor removed her hand, “And if nothing is touching the bruises?”

Katie responded, “A zero.”

Doctor Carla felt around each sore. She then asked, “Have you taken anything for the pain?”

“No, Miss,” the regressed girl said.

“Nothing internal seems to be damaged, and pain levels are decreasing. It will heal with time. If she needs pain relief, give her a Rapid Relief Tylenol,” Dr. Carla said to Grandma before looking at Katie. “Normally, Nurse Lori would tell you this, but since she isn't coming back, I get to tell you that you have earned a sucker for good behavior, Cutie. Stop at the receptionist on your way out. Thank you, and see you next time.”

After Dr. Carla left the room, Grandma helped her charge get dressed before walking down the hall to the receptionist. Apparently, the receptionist already knew Katie was a good girl because the bowl of suckers was being held out to her.

The receptionist looked at Grandma, “Copay is twenty-five. We will bill insurance for the rest.”

After payment was made, the receptionist looked at her computer, “Her next shot is due in March. Would you like to schedule now or later?”

“I will let my son deal with that.”

The receptionist said to Katie, “It is always a pleasure to have you visit. You are one of the most behaved children that comes here, if not the most.”

As the two turned to leave, the receptionist thought to herself that some of the kids purposely put on a show at this doctor's office.

Strapped in the car, Katie turned to the car bag to get her coloring book. She continued coloring the picture she was doing on the way to the doctor.

~o~O~o~

Counselor Jan Moore knocked on Mrs. Vanderwel’s second-grade classroom door before entering. She went up to the teacher and asked to speak with Laura Schneider.

“Laura, Miss Moore would like to talk to you out in the hall. Leave your work out on your desk. You should be back in a minute or two,” Mrs. Vanderwel said.

Laura went with Miss Moore into the hall, where the counselor got down to her level, “At the Christmas Concert, there was a girl your age with your parents.”

“Yeah, Katie,” Laura smiled. “She’s my friend.”

“Do you know Katie’s last name or what school she goes to? Principal Mesmer wants to talk to her parents.”

Laura nodded her head to show that she did know the answer to the questions.

“Can you please tell me her name and school?”

“No,” Laura responded. “My Mommie said I shouldn't tell people anything about Katie. Mommie says, Katie’s Daddie will talk to the school when or if he wants to.”

The counselor's face fell. She thanked Laura and sent her back into the second-grade classroom.

“Any luck?” Principal Mesmer inquired as the counselor entered his office.

“Her mom told her not to give us any information about Katie,” Jan responded. “All I got out of Laura was that the mystery girl’s name is Katie, and her dad would contact us when or if he wanted to. We basically got nothing since we already knew her first name.”

“Thanks. It was worth a try. I was hoping for at least a last name.”

~o~O~o~

An hour later, Grandma Olsen and Katie pulled into the driveway of Daddie’s house. Katie waited patiently for her Granny to open her door. She could release herself from this car seat, but Grandpa made it known last time that she wasn't supposed to. Granted, Grandma wasn't Grandpa, but that little incident on Sunday of Thanksgiving made it clear that Granny called shots at the Olsen family. She hadn’t tried the car doors but assumed the child locks were on.

Once she was released, they went towards the porch hand in hand. After they rang the doorbell, Daddie opened it.

“Hello, Mother. Hello Buttercup. How was the appointment?”

“She is healthy except for her sores. They should heal with time. The doctor suggested rapid relief Tylenol for the pain if she needs it.” Granny said.

“Sores? Pain?”

Nodding and handing him the note, Grandma continued, “Read this note from a Denise Schneider. Oh, the doctor’s office made her sign a one-day HIPAA release for me. They suggested a permanent one if I am going to take her frequently.”

Daddie was staring at the little girl, who was withering under his glaze. He asked, “What did you do?”

Granny quickly defended Katie, “It isn’t what she did. It is what was done to her.”

“Oh, sorry, Buttercup,” Adam said while hugging his daughter. “I will read that note after I gather her stuff from you, Mother.”

“It is vital that you read that. We left a copy at the doctor's office, and your Dad is going to want a copy,” Granny said as the two adults walked out to the porch.

Meanwhile, Katie went into the parlour and did the required eye roll at the sports game on the television. Upon returning, Daddie grabbed the note and headed for his office.

Grandma helped the young girl out of her coat and shoes as they waited. After receiving a copy of the note, she bent down and hugged her granddaughter, “See you tomorrow, Princess.”

“It was you!” Katie exclaimed.

Grandma innocently asked, “What was me?”

“The mysterious person sending demands for tomorrow,” Katie said.

Smiling, Grandma responded, “I don't know what you mean. But I will see you tomorrow.”

With that, Grandma walked out of the door of the house. Daddie had been reading the note, and his daughter could see he was getting more and more upset the further down the note he got.

Suddenly, he hugged the stuffing out of Katie. He spoke softly and steadily, “When we started this, it was just to help you be happy with your body height and looks, Kathleen. It was never meant to put you in danger. You have gone further than I ever planned. I never planned on you being a child outside of your assigned weekends. Ally and Tiff both say you openly choose to be seven at college. But now, it’s putting you in danger.”

“You didn't put me in danger, Daddie. An evil, clueless individual did,” Katie said. “Even before I met you, I was mistaken for a seven-year-old.”

Adam continued, “I didn't plan on you needing diapers. Heck, I expected you to go right back to panties when you got to the dorm. Instead, you told me you were out of pull-ups a week later.”

Katie blushed.

“If you feel unsafe, we can go back to you being nineteen all the time. By now, that contract is more a guidance than a contract. Yes, we both have done nothing against the contract. But we probably would have done the same stuff without the contract.”

“Nothing needs to change, Daddie. I am still your incontinent seven-year-old daughter. I actually feel safer as a seven-year-old. Being a nineteen-year-old just causes problems because people see a seven-year-old. The diapers were a shock when I first wore them under Raggedy Ann,” Katie blushed. “But by the second day, I discovered I mostly liked them. I’m not supposed to know this term as a seven-year-old, but maybe I am a diaper lover.”

“Mostly?” Daddie inquired.

Still blushing, the regressed girl answered, “I still don't like the solid stuff, but I don't complain because it isn't me cleaning my bottom. Speaking of being cared for, I do enjoy being cared for by Ally, Tiff, and you.”

Daddie tried to read Katie’s body language, “Getting back to the item that started this discussion. Who has seen this note?”

“Grandma, the doctor's office, and you have seen that particular note. Grandpa will see the note soon if he hasn’t already. Ally and Tiff had their own note, and everyone in the cluster saw it. I'm not sure if the two notes are the same,” Katie pointed out.

“You didn't mention yourself.”

“I haven't seen either note, nor do I want to.” Katie looked down at her feet. “I lived the note.”

Adam went to the office, telling Katie to stay in the parlour. He came back while on the phone, “Thank you, Sara. I will bring her right over.”

Hanging up the phone, Adam turned to Katie, “Grab your backpack. Aunty Sara is going to watch you while I run to Clearwater.”

That caused the little girl to blush again, but she did as directed without complaint. Adam put her shoes and coat on before taking Katie’s hand and walking out the front door. They went the long way to avoid the snow-covered grass. On the short walk, Daddie pulled out his phone and called someone.

“Denise, I am just calling to figure out what the school knows so far about Katie.” …

“Yeah, I just got it.” …

“Oh, just that she is seven, her name is Katie, and she is Laura’s friend.” …

“The counselor tried to get the last name and school out of Laura today.” …

“I will have to visit them next week. If I ignored this, I would probably be permanently disowned by my parents.” …

“Besides, I am pissed enough to sue a school district, and that isn't an easy task.” …

“I will cover that bridge during the visit. I haven't figured that out yet.” …

“Her firing would be one of the primary objectives.” …

Oh, that is promising. She has been missing since midday Thursday.” …

“A new secretary was there today.” …

“OK, I have to drop off Katie next door. I am heading to Clearwater to discuss your note.” …

“Thank you, Denise.”

He hung up the phone as they arrived at the neighbor's door. Once they were let in, Daddie said, “Thank you for watching her. I have to make an emergency run to Clearwater.”

“Since you are going to Clearwater, why are you not taking her?” Aunty asked.

“It is better she didn't join me. Here is your copy of why I am going to talk to her Mother and Father.”

“I noticed you called them Mother and Father,” Aunty turned from Adam to the little one. “Have you grown up, Katie?”

Daddie answered for the little girl, “I didn’t call them grandparents because they will not act as grandparents in this particular incident. Their parentship role will be stronger this time. You will know why when you read the note.”

Daddie's phone chose that moment to ring. He answered, “Hello, Dad.” …

“I see you read your copy.” …

“I am dropping Katie off at the Bullards.” …

“I am headed over to Clearwater to talk to George and Marlene. Do you want to join me?” …

“Great, I will be over after I am done here.” …

“Talk to you then.” …

After hanging up the phone, Adam said, “Sorry about that. Looks like my Dad is joining me on the trip to Clearwater. Anyway, I should be back in three to five hours. Please feed her. She has exams to study for. Let me know how much I owe you when I get back.”

Bending down and hugging his daughter, “Love you, Buttercup.”

Kissing Katie on the forehead, Adam left and walked back to his house.

After helping to remove the girl's coat and shoes, Aunty screamed up the stairs, “Stacy, Katie is here.”

A herd of elephants ran down the stairs. The two girls walked back up the stairs together, causing Aunty to say towards their backs, “Stacy. Homework. Katie. Study for exams. I don't want to see either of you playing. Katie, I would like at least an hour of studying. Preferably more.”

Meanwhile, Sara sat down and read the long note. She, too, was getting more and more upset as she read it. When it was done, she set it aside for Sam to read when he got home later tonight. She could see why it would be a parents and two lawyers meeting in Clearwater. She wasn't sure what role Adam was taking in this, the lawyer or the Daddie role. Probably both.

She went upstairs to the playroom, where the two girls were sitting at the play table with books spread around.

Stacy said, “Mommie, we are being good. You can trust us.”

“That is not why I am here. I am here to hug my niece,” Aunty said, going in to give Katie a big hug. “I’m always here if you need to talk to someone about Wednesday.”

Stacy looked at the two, still embraced, “What happened Wednesday?”

“Katie was attacked,” Aunty said.

“Who would attack a little kid?”

“An idiot who doesn't listen,” Katie responded with venom on her tongue.

Aunty smirked, “That is putting it nicely. I am sure Kathleen would have used other words.”

“Kathleen? Who is that?” Katie asked.

Aunty peered at her and asked, “Did you kill off your nineteen side?”

“No! No! Aunty. It is just my weekend to be seven. And since the attack, seven has taken control, and nineteen has gone in the background. I had trouble paying attention in class yesterday and today. Something I normally don't have a problem with. I wanted to color or do anything but class,” Katie explained. “Yet, here I am in a playroom, sitting at a Disney Princess table studying for college exams.”

Aunty thought before responding, “You might need to talk to a counselor. Of course, there is the difficulty of the two ages, so we would have to find one we can trust. I will talk to your Daddie later. For now, the two of you can play for one hour, then back to homework and studying.”

~o~O~o~

At the Rose house, Alexa told her son Mike, “When I am done bathing Tina, your friend will have to leave. You need to get ready for bed.”

Mike asked what time it was and got a time that was much earlier than when he usually went to bed. He wondered why so early. He received the answer that he had a busy day tomorrow and an early bedtime wouldn’t hurt him. No sooner after the door was closed by the friend leaving, Mommie started calling him Megan.

“Ok, Megan, strip and get into the bath with you,” Rose smiled at her daughter.

As the little girl was stripping, Megan asked, “What we doing tomorrow, Mommie?”

“We are seeing the Nutcracker Ballet tomorrow, remember?”

“Is Daddie?”

“Daddie works on Saturdays.”

Once Megan was in the tub, a few of Tina’s toys were thrown in. Grabbing a thing of bubblegum bubble bath, she squirts some in, too. After a short playtime, Mommie returned to scrub the girl up nice and clean. Four days’ worth of rough-and-tumble boy built up a bit of dirt. Undoing that to find the sweet-smelling, clean girl required some scrubbing, especially underneath the fingernails.

“Close your eyes, Princess,” Mommie told her.

The little girl felt a bucket of water poured over her head, which caused her to clamp her eyes even more closed. She hated getting her hair washed. But the shampoo smelled different this time. It smelled like strawberries. She liked this better than the usual one Mommie used that had no scent.

After Mommie poured another bucket of water over her head, she opened her eyes like she usually did. Which got rewarded with, “You’d probably prefer to keep your eyes closed, Princess.”

Megan closed her eyes again and felt Mommie put more strawberry-scented shampoo in her hair. But when no bucket of water came, she dared to peek at Mommie. She was looking at her watch, which caused the girl to ask, “What you doing, Mommie?”

“Letting the conditioner work in your hair, okay, close your eyes, Princess.”

With that command, another bucket of water was dropped over her head. “My drowned rat may open her eyes,” Mommie told the little girl.

Mommie then helped her new little girl out of the tub before drying her with a pink towel and wrapping it around her. Another towel was wrapped around the hair like it was long hair. She then steadied her little girl as she stepped into a pair of pink panties.

Megan was handed a blue nightie with Cinderella on the front of it to put on. “Make sure to thank Mrs. Bullard for some of your new clothes on Monday, Princess,” Mommie told her. She continued, “You can thank your Grandma for the rest. Both of them are spoiling you big time.”

“Teacher went shopping for me?” Megan asked as she sat down on the closed toilet, and Mommie started to blow-dry the five-year-old’s hair.

“The clothes are not new. Do you remember Stacy, who you met at Uncle Adam’s house?” After the girl nodded, which caused the brush to slip from where it was, Mommie continued, “They were hers when she was your age.”

Looking back at her handy work, Mommie said to no one in particular, “Well, it is a horrible representation of a girl’s hairstyle, but it will have to do.”

“Me see?” Megan asked.

Mommie picked the little one up so Megan could see herself in the mirror. “No more haircuts for you for a while, Princess.”

After giving Megan a moment to examine herself, Mommie carried the little one to Tina’s room. Sitting on the rocking chair with both girls on her lap, she read them a bedtime story.

~o~O~o~

At about nine, Adam rang the doorbell, causing Uncle Sam to open the door. Aunty wasn't far behind. He asked, “How was she?”

“She was an angel like normal. I am more worried about her mental health. She alluded to the fact that her seven-year-old side has taken control since Wednesday. She didn’t even feel nineteen in class. I would have expected the opposite to happen. But apparently, you have given her a very safe environment, and she feels safest as seven,” Aunty said.

Daddie’s face fell, “She needs a counselor, but one that will accept both ages. Where do we find one of those?”

“I could ask my coworker, but I won't even trust her with someone like Megan, let alone Katie’s can of worms,” Aunty said. “Highly religious individuals should not be counselors in public schools.”

“Where is my daughter?” Daddie asked.

Aunty explained, “Watching a Christmas special with her best friend. Stacy asked if Katie could stay the night. I said that would make tomorrow's makeovers too difficult.”

“I could direct the person coming to do Katie’s to your house,” Daddie suggested.

Aunty shrugged and said, “Looks like our niece is staying over Sam.”

“So it does,” Uncle Sam said with a smile.

Daddie asked, “She should have her old pill bottle in her backpack. She should have one or two more in that. And how much do I owe you?”

He was told nothing because he would gladly watch Stacy in a rush and have before. The three of them walked to where the girls were. Daddie told his daughter, “Apparently, you are staying overnight, sweetie,” while kissing her forehead.

This caused Stacy to get very excited.

Katie looked up, “OK, Daddie, oh wait, I have some paperwork for you.”

“More besides the note?” Daddie asked.

Katie nodded and grabbed five papers and a pamphlet out of her backpack. She said, “This one was core requirements, room assignment, and tentative GPA.” … “These two are my Major and Minor requirements.” … “This is my schedule for next semester.” … “This is a letter encouraging me to use disability services and a pamphlet about their services. I did talk to them on Thursday, trying to waive my PE core. They refused.”

Aunty said, “What!”

“Since I am capable of doing physical activity, they will not waive the requirement. That being said, they did offer to modify the core. Options given were dance, gymnastics, or figure skating. But nothing can be done until April because Spring 2007 classes have already been chosen,” Katie explained.

Daddie looked at the two girls on the couch, “I will let you two get back to the special. Do you want me to take your backpack?”

The little girl asked, “Will I have time to study tomorrow?”

“It will be tight in the morning, Sweetie,” Aunty said. “You might have an hour or two.”

“An hour is better than nothing. Leave the backpack, please,” Katie instructed.

“Are your phone, keys, and pills in the backpack?” Daddie asked. The regressed girl answered yes, ready to get them out so Daddie could see. “Is the phone off?”

Katie nodded, “Yes, Daddie.”

“Then leave it there. I trust you,” he said before hugging her goodbye and departing to his house.

~o~O~o~

Author's Note:Kudos, Comments, and questions are always welcomed.

I am currently writing chapter 69 of this story.
Surprise Offer 2 is 19 timeline days from completion. -- Thanks Becky

up
24 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ooh

Definitely some trouble with the lawyers coming there for that teacher! (Rightfully so!) A little worried for her about the ages thing, I would have originally expected she would still spend Christmas with her family, but curious how that'll work after exams?

I like that you mentioned the contract was pretty much useless at that point, something I personally appreciate. I love that you went much softer in the end with this tale than I initially expected! Looking forward to the rest!

Bits and bobs.

Don't be giving Pearl more expertise than she deserves. She was the secretary/receptionist.

Story-wise, it is December 8th. The exams are next week. As pointed out, during Thanksgiving, she has three Christmas parties to go to. That is not including her cluster mates. So, probably four Christmas parties.

The Telgenhofs have always had Christmas when Brianna and her family can make it. Usually, that is not on Christmas itself.

The contract is still there. But we are four months into it, and Katie is gradually becoming less a submissive and more a daughter. {Highlight to read} That being said, my plan is that Kathleen is going to get a reminder of one of clauses during a Christmas party. I just need to write it.

Too bad Stacy lives so far

Teek's picture

Too bad Stacy lives so far away. I could easily see Stacy and Katie taking a class together to meet Katie's PE requirements. I am sure Stacy would love to do a little Ballet or Gymnastics with Katie. Oh well, I am sure you will come up with some other great way to meet that requirement. But I am sure Katie will look adorable in a Lilo & Stitch (2002) - or - Little Mermaid 2 (2000) - or - Cinderella 3 (Feb. 2007) leotard.

I am mad at you though. I was hoping for the confrontation with the school in this chapter. You are making us wait. This is going to be interesting.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Mad at me.

Teek, I have a job for you. You need to in fall of 2007 drive Katie to Riverville two nights a week so she can take ballet or gymnastics with Stacy. Of course, the ballet option would make KA Surprise non-canon again. But it wouldn't be the first time I changed KA Surprise to make it canon.

I could understand anyone else being mad at me. But my proofreader who has access to all of KA? You know how exactly the confrontation is happening. You also very much know what chapter(s) the confrontation is in.

*Sticks my tongue out at you*