Sk8r Grrls Comix

Printer-friendly version

Okay, for those of you that've been awaiting anything about the Sk8r Grrls webcomic, I have a bit of a preview for you. Yaaaaay!

Oh, and... I so completely, totally picked the most awesomest right choice of artist for this project!

Sk8r Grrls Comix
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney, art by Heather Rose Brown

 

I saw these and wanted to cry, they were so good... Click on the thumbnails to get the 600 x 379 versions -- had to reduce them slightly to fit the requirements of TopShelf, but the originals will be used in the comic. I had to share these!


What a difference a week makes...

Andy reading in his bedroom, at the windowbox
Andy Wilson

Annie reading in her bedroom, at the windowbox
Annie Wilson

Oh, and for concept sketches of Mary, Lisa, Bridgette, Suzy, Jenni, Allie, Annie, Roger & Evie, and Evan...
go here: ( Sk8r Grrls Concept Sketches )

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Awesome

Breanna Ramsey's picture

Those samples are so perfect. Edeyn, you've already done a marvelous job bringing Annie/Andy to life with words, and now Heather's talent makes your words leap off the screen. Fantastic work both of you, thanks so much for sharing!

Scott
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Heather Rose ROXX0RZ!

I told her what I wanted, the windowbox, alternately Andy and Annie, reading... even sent her an outline... she took it and RAN

Wow. I was really crying when I saw these

What a difference a week makes (check out the moon phases)

Edeyn

Spot on

I'm a poor artist, my sister is fairly good.

These are high quality and the ages of the girls look about right, girls just entering their teens -- no longer kids but not yet women. A bit gangly, tomboyish and advenureous just prior to discovering sex and their lives going to hell or heaven as the case may be.

The bay window sketches were remarkable. Edeyn, Heather and you are to be congradulated.

That doesn't let you off the hook for more Sk8r Grrls.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Of course not!

I really am enjoying writing Sk8r Grrls, but working with Heather Rose on the webcomic stuff is (part of) why I slowed down to one a week

Edeyn

Yay 4 Sk8r Grrls Comix!

Thanks so much for posting the pics of Annie/Andy reading and the links to the concept sketches. Still got some concept sketches to go and then have a bunch of character sheets to do, but things are definitely moving along.

I became a fan of Sk8r Grrls pretty early on and I'm so glad Edeyn approached me about doing the comics. She's both inspired and encouraged me as I've worked to put to paper the images I've pictured in my head from reading her story. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Heather Rose Brown
Author of Bobby's Rainy Day Adventure

Awe

These are gorgeous! As someone who enjoys drawing but simply not very good at it I like these a lot!
Hugs to the artist and author!
grover

what a moving story

I just read through all 14 parts published so far and then looked at the pix.
Now its 4:30 am but I just could not stop.

A lot has happend to Annie so far. Both good and bad and I feel as if I was there.
Well actually I desperatly wish I was on of the girls especially since I so miss growing up as a girl and desperatly wish I had been true to myself at that age.

You write so moving and it really makes the story come to live.

Now I see the art work at the end it is great too.
Especially the moonlight pictures are fantastic.

Please accept a big hug and thanks for sharing both the story and the art work and please keep writing this story.

Oh and while I know it drives a god story I'm almost ready to beg you to not torture Annie more.
Than again she is not fully outed yet and there are bound to be more problems in the future.

thanks again for sharing this wish us.

big hugs

Holly

P.S.: the only small flaw I in the story is how fast and easy problems solf themselves (e.g. Evan) - Don't get me wrong I'm happy for Anni it goes that way since we t-girls already have enough probs without those added but it keeps this feeling in me that Evan accepted his sitter to easy after such an outburst and the threatening ... well just my 2 cents

Friendship is like glass,
once broken it can be mented,
but there will always be a crack.