Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 15

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad.
part 15.

I sat on the toilet seat nursing my head and reflected on the past few hours. Stella had nearly killed me when she knocked me off my bike during a thunderstorm. She took me back to her house and discovered my little secret - I've been taking female hormones for some time, under medical supervision, and have grown a small but significant sized pair of boobs which I keep hidden by strapping them up with bandage. She loaned me some of her clothes which amazingly fit quite well, including a pair of boots with high heels. Add all this together with a new hair cut and makeup and I look as near as dammit to the real thing, enough for Simon, her brother to make overtures. She pretended, I think, to be gay and we went off to the ladies loo. To cut a long story short, I panicked and she opened the door on me, half braining me in the process. I am now sat here waiting for her to return with some ice to put on my aching head.

The injury is to the top of my head, so there's no bruising on my face, but I have a nice egg coming up on the top. Boy does it throb, I hope the ice will help.

Stella returned with the nice girl from the bar and they have a plastic bag of ice cubes and a towel with them. I don't know how long we sat there, but the ice certainly helped and before long I felt able to walk back to the table. There Simon insists I have a large brandy to ease the shock, he has one as well, in case he feels shocked too? They are both crazies, but so far harmless as long as I'm not cycling, although I did wonder a bit at the beginning. Am I naturally paranoid, no, my experience of life is that they are out to get me?

It is nearly eleven pm and Simon and Stella are over the limit for driving. I suggest we get a cab, they however call the manager who produces a breathalyser, it supports the view that they are too drunk to drive.

"Come on Cathy, you try" urged Simon.

"Don't be silly, I've just had a brandy as well."

"Shove this in your gob and blow," insisted Simon pushing the machine into my hand. Reluctantly I put the paper tube in my mouth and blew a sustained breath through it. I handed it back to him.

"Look at that, just under the limit, you can drive."

"Don't be silly, I can't drive your car, I never drive cars that big and it's an automatic, I learned on a manual gear thingy."

"That's fine, you'll get the hang of it."

"No I can't, besides that brandy is yet to get into my bloodstream, I might have concussion," I held my head to emphasise the point.

"You'll be okay, I'll navigate and we don't have to go too fast."

"But you were supposed to be taking me home," I wailed in genuine disappointment.

"First thing tomorrow," said Simon nodding his head as he spoke to make it look as if he was confirming his words with actions.

"I'm supposed to be in lectures tomorrow," I said suddenly realising that I probably looked a total mess with mascara over my face.

"That's okay, I'll take you straight to your classes."

"But I need to go home and change, and what about my bike?"

"Stella will loan you something won't you Stell?" he asked and she nodded, looking very fed up.

Obviously I could hardly tell him the truth, so I couldn't protest about the clothing bit too much. I therefore had to concentrate on the bike or the driving.

"I honestly don't think I could drive your car," I said trying to sound as sincere as I could.

"That's what Stella said, isn't it Sis?" he looked over to her and she nodded. "Then just a few miles and she took to it like a duck to orange sauce."

"Don't you mean water?" I challenged his metaphor.

"No way, I prefer my ducks in orange sauce."

He was as mad as a 'box of frogs' to quote an Australian friend of mine and fixated on the idea that I should drive his wretched car. Normally, the boy racer in me, would have jumped at the chance. Tonight, however, I felt under the affluence and in no mood to get myself disqualified before I'd even bought a car of my own.

"I'm not insured to drive your car." I played my trump card.

"It's an open policy, anyone I give permission to use it can drive it."

"Oh," I thought, "Can I borrow it sometime then?" It was a joke but I thought it might provoke some negative response.

"If I think you can handle it, perhaps, if I'm not using it of course."

My heart sank, how do you get through to these jokers? I did not want to drive his bloody car, especially in these boots. I could hardly walk let alone drive.

"I don't think I can drive in these boots," I said pointing down at them.

"Take them off then."

"I can't drive in bare feet," I hoped I sounded as indignant as I pretended to be.

"Well keep the bloody things on then."

I noticed a waiter standing alongside us with a tray of coffees complete with after-dinner mints.

"How am I supposed to get home from your place?"

"I told you, I'll take you tomorrow or you can borrow Stella's car."

"No she can't, I need it tomorrow," said Stella abruptly.

"What about tonight?" As soon as the words were out of my mouth, the implication of being given a lift tomorrow hit home. I was going to have to spend the night in the looney bin they called, 'home'. No way, I thought to myself, hoping my reflexes or brain cells, or whatever, were more alert if I did eventually drive.

"I can't stay overnight, I don't have anything with me.."

"Lend her a nightie, Stella?" His sister nodded.

"Fixed," he said reaching for a coffee.

I drank mine down in two huge gulps, thinking it would wake me up, probably in about two hours when I wanted to sleep. But did I want to sleep? Not with a predatory Simon lurking about like a great white shark. I grabbed a second coffee and gulped it down. Stella looked reproachfully at me, I'd drunk hers. Too bad! I was now likely to be awake most of the night, which suited me fine.

"What about a tooth brush, I can't sleep unless I clean my teeth," my protests were probably sounding pretty feeble to the few diners who remained in the restaurant, but I was trying to act on principle, fear! I was terrified.

"I'm sure we can find you a toothbrush," reassured Simon, "in fact I think there's one in the guest room. We have quite a few visitors during the year, don't we Stell?" She agreed again, and still seemed to staring at me for drinking her coffee. Suddenly she reached forward and grabbed all the mints and ate them one after the other. I smiled at her, she scowled back.

I began to wonder if all that caffeine was such a good idea now, providing of course the bedroom door had a good lock on it! One way or another, I seemed set for a sleepless night.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Don't forget to leave a

Angharad's picture

Don't forget to leave a comment, that's all people read it for! :)

Angharad

lol

I am hook to this Angharad.

It Just Keeps Getting Better and Better

But, at some point, you should really stop digging your character deeper and deeper into the same hole and start getting her out. The tension has passed the palpable stage and is sneaking up on the hiding-under-the-seatcushions, crawling-the-walls phase.

It's clear you're still having a blast writing this, and I'm having a lot of fun reading it, but I am a sensitive sort, you see, and I don't know how much more anxiety I can stand!

A very good read

Thank you for such a wonderfull story.I totally look forward to the next chapter.You have done a great job of keeping the story flowing and Cathy trapped en femme.Thanks Amy

Ready to explode

I too think Cathy has buried herself so deep she can't see daylight. I'm curious how things will blow up when someone spills the beans somewhere along the way. How is she going to get to class with Simon there wanting to drive her?
wonderful story!
Hugs!
grover

read for the comments?

kristina l s's picture

Don't be daft... or dafter perhaps? Just got to this, been busy...in fact...flat out like a lizard drinking. Just thought I'd toss that one in.
This is totally believable in an understated manic Fawlty Towers sort of way. Can't wait for the drive 'home'. I mean there has to be a broken dam or a stray flock of sheep or ...something in the way. Maybe uncle Billy the local Plod personing a breathalyser unit... just round the corner...can't trust those store bought thingies ya know. Gasp...I can't watch... er,wait.
Kristina

Continuing very nicely. As

Continuing very nicely. As an Australian, I should point out however, that the expression "Mad as a cut snake" refers to anger rather than insanity.

Best wishes, Andrea.

Crazy idea

I have a crazy idea for Cathy: how about taking a cab home ?

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Beggars can't pay

Cathy has no money or ID; skins don't have pockets, ya see. Makes it a wee bit tough to pay for the cab.

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

It's useless - standing in front of a train

On the rails, that is... And attempting to stop it through sheer will alone! :)

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Being fresh to this story

I suspect she will be going to the college as a girl.

multi-chapters

I love it ,the King James version of stories

Back again on the bike

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

I do remember reading this back when it first appeared, but I didn''t remember how excellent the writing is.

Glad to be refreshing my memory of the story and the characters.

- iolanthe