Perspectives: 09

Printer-friendly version

Josie

Sunday lunch with my new daughter

Perspectives:

a novel with eight voices


by Louise Anne Smithson

Carol — mother of Jenny and Josie (Sunday 24th July 2011)

I arrived at Jean’s house at midday on Sunday and rang the doorbell. It was answered by a poised and sophisticated young woman, aged about seventeen, with long hair and prominent breasts. I assumed she must be a friend of the twins, and it took me a few seconds before I realized, that the ‘she’ standing in front of me used to be my son.

‘Oh my God, Joe! Whatever have they done to you?’ I asked in unfeigned amazement, as soon as I realized who it was.

For a second the recipient of my astonishment also looked surprised, but then responded.

‘Remember it is going to be ‘Josie’ and ‘she’ for the next week, Mum, ‘otherwise it could get embarrassing if someone were to overhear you.’ she replied blushing at my initial reaction.

‘Alright, Josie, but what have they done to you?’

‘Don’t worry, nobody has done anything to me that cannot be undone without too much trouble,’ she replied, this time with a smile.

Before I could give any other reaction we were joined by the others, who wanted to know my opinion of the transformation of my son into a second daughter.

‘I was expecting that you might be able to turn him into a fairly convincing looking fourteen year old girl, but I’d no idea that I would be meeting such a beautiful young woman this morning’ I replied. ‘You’ve all done wonders, and she might easily be taken for being sixteen or seventeen’.

I noticed Josie looking bashful as I said this, but she also looked quite gratified as well.

‘Now that we have her looks sorted, we’ll have to ensure that she can also talk and act like a girl in time for next weekend,’ said Karen.

‘In that case, we can begin by going out for lunch together to give her a little more experience of appearing as Josie in public,’ I replied.

Jean and I, and our respective daughters therefore went out for a meal together at a country pub in a village over towards Horsham. It was a nice sunny day and so we had our meal at a table in the garden. We all stuck to soft drinks, however, as I would soon be driving and the girls were all under age.

As far as I could see, Josie’s appearance and demeanour didn’t excite any particular attention from the customers or bar staff, other than that she appeared to come from an unusually well-dressed group of young women. I could see a group of lads at another table ‘giving them all the eye’, but that was only to be expected, and nobody made a move as it was obvious that the girls were out with their mothers. We all chatted together quite happily, and no-one overhearing our conversation would have guessed that there was anything unusual about any member of our little assembly.

Soon after she’d finished her meal, Josie turned to her sister and whispered, ‘I’m going to need to use the toilet’.

‘No problem,’ answered Jenny, smiling. ‘The ladies toilet is just over in the corner there. If you like, I’ll come with you, this time, just to make sure you’re alright and to help you to repair your makeup, afterwards.’

‘Thank you, I should appreciate that’.

‘I think I need to go as well,’ said Karen.

‘Me too!’ added Sue, not wanting to be left out.

’If nothing else, the events of this last weekend appear to have improved relations between my two,’ I commented to Jean after they left.

‘I think Josie is proving to be a good influence on all three of them, as long as you are also happy about it,’ said Jean.

I thought for a moment before replying.

‘I suppose I’m happy about it, as long as she is as well.’

'So far, that seems to be the case,' said Jean.

Inevitably it took the girls a little while to return, and they were all giggling together as they did so. I looked across to Jean, she rolled her eyes and shook her head, as if to say, ‘I really don’t know what to make of it.’

‘Come on now girls, I need to take you back to Crawley as I'll soon have to leave for my business trip.

The four girls seemed to be chatting happily in the rear seats of my work six-seater car. Inevitably Jenny and Sue sat together, but Josie seemed to be getting on well with Karen as well. Jean sat in the front with me.

On the way home Jean reminded her daughters that they had previously promised to write addresses on about five hundred envelopes for her business over the next few days. It was in return for their mother taking three days off over the next weekend, and was for an advertisement that she wished to send to all her customers.

‘As Jenny and I are staying can we help you with the task as well?’ asked Josie.

‘Yes of course, if you are willing to do so?’ replied Jean.

This offer went down well with both Sue and Karen, less so, I suspect, with Jenny, but the four girls agreed that they would begin the job the following afternoon after having spent the morning doing the household shopping at the local supermarket.

We arrived back at Jean’s house at about 2.45pm.

‘Before I leave, may I have a brief private word with each of my daughters?’ I asked.

‘Yes of course you can, please come in and use the front room,’ said Jean

As we entered the house Jean shooed the others out of the way and I took my newest daughter to the front room for a chat.

‘Are you sure you are alright with all this Jo ... sie?’ I asked. ‘I didn’t realise that your sister and her friends were planning to take it quite so far.’

‘Yes I suppose so, and in any event it is a bit late for me to be having second thoughts now that I've acquired all these appendages,’ she answered looking down at her finger nails, but I couldn’t help but notice her boobs, set off as they were by a ruby pendant.

‘It might represent a waste of everyone’s efforts, but if you were truly unhappy and were beginning to have second thoughts, I would support you,’ I said.

‘To be honest, I’ve quite enjoyed myself so far, as long as no-one else finds out, but what do you think I should do Mum?’ she said.

‘I think that you must decide for yourself. If you want to know my opinion, I was rather taken aback by the extent of your transformation a little earlier on, but I’m now beginning to get used to the idea of having two daughters, if you do not object,’ I replied smiling.

‘Alright then I will stick with the promise that I made yesterday, but please don’t get too keen on the idea of having a second daughter, remember I’ve only agreed to stay as Josie for this coming week’.

I smiled.

‘Yes, of course, my dear. Well good luck, I’ll be keeping in touch by telephone and will see you all on Friday morning,’ I said giving her a hug and a kiss. ‘Now will you please tell your sister that I’d like a quick word with her.’

Josie left, and a few minutes later, Jenny took her place.

‘Jenny. I want you to promise me to behave sensibly over the next few days and particularly to remember that you’ve promised to look after your sister and ensure that nobody else finds out her secret’.

‘I will Mum, you don’t need to worry. I’ve always wanted to have a sister and it will be good fun teaching her how to act like a girl’.

‘Alright, but be sure to take good care of her, and remember that she’s risking a lot for your sake, and the sake of your friends. Despite appearances, she isn’t as grown up or experienced as you are.’

‘Don’t worry Mum, I promise that I’ll look after her.’

With that I went and thanked Jean once again for letting my two stay, said goodbye to the twins and drove off, wondering how my new daughter was going to get on over the next few days.

Next time: A shopping trip
up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Perspectives: Voice 9

Carol – mother of Jenny and Josie must be worried about her son turned daughter, however temporarily.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Perspectives

Good story line! Enjoying it very much. You are good author.

Hugs Edy

Edy

Excellent Louise!

I like that you have let Carol give advice to Jenny and Josie that Joe and or Josie will be both acceptable.

There is no pressure to make Joe a girl.

Although I must admit that I'm biased towards a baby girl! (well, maybe a little older).

Goodie!

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Oh! Yeah!

joannebarbarella's picture

The slippery slope is beckoning to Josie. Mum doesn't mind and all the other girls have an interest in keeping her as a girl for the next week.