Through the years: Trials and tribulations of a preteen girl Part 7

Printer-friendly version


“Walk me to the car?” William asked his daughter and she held his hand as they walked to the back parking lot. He put his bag into the back seat and turned to face her. “Now you be a good girl and I'll see you in two weeks.”

“So much for five months, huh?” Tracy said with a smile.

“I like this plan better.” William stated. He turned and pulled his daughter into a hug. “This way I don't miss out on five months of my baby's life.”

Tracy blushed at being called a baby. “Daddy, I'm not a baby.” She whined, but she couldn't be angry.

--SEPARATOR--

Editing by DJkauf

Tracy is back and its time to get her life moving along

--SEPARATOR--

Sunday February 20th 1983

Sunday morning hit and Vance was at the park with Mooney, but the other two guys weren't there. Instead the two of them were just playing any game that came to mind, mostly HORSE. They had been playing for several minutes when they first noticed they were being watched. The two of them ignored it and continued their game, but Yvette sat on the swing with her older cousin, Mary, nearby with her friends, playing field hockey in the partly wet grass. Yvette's attention was on the boys as they played basketball, and nothing else. But as their game finally ended, she decided to get closer.

She was near the two boys, trying to build up the courage to say hello. Her attention was on them so much, that she was not paying attention to the path she was walking, so when she slipped on a bit of mud and fell, she shrieked out with fright, which caught the boy's attention.

The boy she didn't know was over to her first. He bent down and held out a hand. “You okay?”

Her cheeks were bright red and she was embarrassed from slipping like a child and even worse, they had seen her in the mud, and not to mention how she had treated Mooney's sister the day before. With them close to her, she got nervous and she scrambled to her feet, with the boy's help. “Um...thanks.” She said. Her eyes looked for a way out of her embarrassment and she could see her house across the street from the park. Without a warning, she took off in a rush, passing between with Vance and Mooney, who just traded confused looks.

Yvette had made a bee-line for her house, and when she got in, she made sure to lock the door and then she headed straight for her bedroom. It wasn't just her bedroom, but the one she shared with the cousin she went to school with, Heather, who was the younger sister of Mary. Heather was the other thorn in the side of Rachel, Sage and Brooke, but no one at the school seemed to know of their relation, except the staff. Both their mothers lived in the large house, to share on the bills. Today was the day that Heather was forced to visit her paternal grandparents, as she had a different father then her sister Mary.

But Yvette's mind wasn't on the girls she tormented, or her family. Instead her mind was stuck on the boys she had seen at the park. The ones who had come to Sage's defense. The ones who had seen her down in the mud. She knew of Sage's brother, but the other one was a mystery to her, but both of them had caused feelings to well up in her, feelings that made her blush all over. She didn't want to rush away from them, but after she was mean to Sage and her friends the day before, and after making a fool of herself, she could hardly stay there.

But there was another reason she didn't get close to many people. A secret she hid very well. She stood in front of the mirror in her room and she could see the mud all over her clothes, then she pulled the zipper of her jeans down. She slid the muddy jeans off and followed them with her slightly damp panties she was wearing down and as she did, she exposed parts of herself known only to her family, and doctors.

She stepped out of the jeans, the pulled off her shirt and took off the bra that she stuffed to hide her flat chest, and looked into the mirror. It was just a simple mirror, but it never lied to her yet. It could only show her the truth of how she looked.

She looked at her body, thought about the way she treated the kids at school and how she teased them for their weaknesses and how she held a bigger secret then any of them could ever guess. She stood there and began to cry, then she went to her bed and flopped down.

Several minutes past till she heard a faint knocking at her door and it opened just a crack “Yvette?” Her cousin Mary asked. “Are you okay?”

“Go 'way.” She said, in between sobs.

“I don't think so. You worried me when you ran from the park after those boys came over. You confused the heck out of them by running away. They just wanted to make sure you were okay.” Mary stepped in and went to her bed. Her cousin lay, completely naked, on her side and curled into a ball, her knees against her chest and a pillow in her arms. She sobbed into the fabric of the pillow, muffling her cries.

There was a knock at the door and it opened just a crack. “Don't open it all the way, she's not decent.” Mary called out. She grabbed a blanket and put it on her cousin, so her secret would be kept safe.

A voice replied. “Okay. Hey, Mary? Yvette, those boys want to make sure everything is okay. Can I tell them you're okay?”

“I'm fine.” Yvette replied and Mary looked to the door.

“Could you tell the others I'll be a few minutes?” Mary asked her friend at the door.

“Sure thing.” The voice at the door replied. Then the door shut and they heard someone walking away.

Mary lay behind the girl and cradled her body, letting the young girl lie there and cry. Several minutes passed as she sobbed into the pillow.

“Tell me what happened.” Mary finally said as the sobs died out.

“I hate my body.” The little girl replied, then she sniffled and wiped at her nose.

“All women have days like that. You're not alone.” Mary said, reaching back to grab a box of Kleenex.

As she turned to face her cousin again, Yvette rolled over, her head flopping against her other pillow. Her eyes were red from the crying and she just looked annoyed at Mary. “Do other woman have to deal with boy parts on their body too?” With one free hand, she gestured to her crotch, where she was cursed with male parts. She was sure that she was the only kid her age that had been born wrong. She had known since she was a child she was a girl, but her father never believed it. But finally he left and her mother took her to a man in Dublin, who agreed. That had been when she had entered second grade.

“No. But all woman have some part of their body that they hate. For me, it's my butt and my jaw.” Mary stated.

“There's times I hate being me. I hate that I have a boy's body.” Yvette said again. “And other times, I hate hanging out with Heather.”

“Why do you hate hanging out with Heather. I thought you loved her?”

“I do. She's family and I love her but ever since the last school, she keeps telling me I should just be mean and make sure no one gets too close. She swears that people are going to hurt me if I let them get close.”

“Is that what this is about? Is this about your old school? Is that where those boys are from?” Mary asked.

The question was a subject that Yvette still had nightmares about. She had only been gone from there for a few years, but she recalled how she had to leave in a hurry. Her father had felt the need to tell the school and many of the bigger kids, so one day, parents were trying to keep her from the school, but the kids were worse. They had caught up to Yvette and Heather after school and attacked them. It wasn't a bad attack, having been mostly elementary school kids, but many brothers had joined in on the fun and both of them had their hair cut in places, before the staff broke it up. The cops didn't do much, only warn the older kids who had no reason to be on the elementary school campus, but it was enough that both her mother and Heather's mother moved to Livermore. That was better, because Heather's mother worked out of Livermore in the first place.

“No. The one isn't. I'm not sure about the other one.” Yvette sighed, then she sat up. “I don't know what to do half the time.” She flopped back onto the bed, in a dramatic fashion. “I hate my body and how I was born, I hate that Heather is so scared that she will get attacked again and she won't let me have friends outside of her and I hate that each time I see someone that's cute, she gives them attitude and they hate us. And even worse is she got me into the habit of being mean to people, out of reflex.”

“So, what brought this on?” Mary asked.

Yvette groaned, as though her cousin couldn't see what the problem was.. “He was kinda cute. They both were. And when they helped me, I remembered what I had done yesterday.....” She stated, as though Mary knew who she was speaking about.

“Now you got my attention.” Mary said as she turned away, so Yvette could adjust herself and sit up on the bed. “So both of them were good looking and you insulted them yesterday?

“Not them....” She sighed and decided to tell the whole story. “Yesterday at the park, I was being mean to some girls from school. One of the boys is a brother to one of the girls. But I don't know the other boy.” Yvette said.

Mary nodded in comprehension. “And now you're kicking yourself because of what?”

“Well, I was mean, and what if they won't tell me who he is? And what if he does like me and then he finds out I wasn't born right, then what? And what if he does like me, but he hates me for making fun of those girls?”

“Alright, you know the first thing you should do, is stop being mean to everyone. I know you hang out with Heather and you could start a big fight if you go against her, but in a year, you'll be on your own at the school and she can't protect you all the time. Not to mention, she needs to learn to trust people too. You are a bright and beautiful girl. I know I'm family, so that may not count, but everyone I know likes you, if you'd lose that chip on your shoulder.” Mary said, in a not too stern voice. “But you should start with something easy. Go to those girls, the sister to the one boy, and offer an olive branch. Apologize to them. You don't have to tell them your secret, but be nice.”

“What if they figure it out?”

“Then play it one day at a time. But go to them and say you’re sorry.”

“I guess that could work.” Yvette said.

“It beats insulting them. There is strength in numbers. And having a lot of friends means you have a lot of shoulders to cry on.”

Yvette looked to her cousin and decided to unload something else that had been bugging her. “You know there are times where I'm worried that Heather will just start picking on me? She does it so quickly to other people, what is keeping her from insulting me?”

“Tell her that.” Mary said. “Tell her that each time she run's down someone's body, she is insulting you as well. Make her see the pain you feel. She needs to know and you both need to talk about it, before you begin to hate her and troubles start.”

“Yeah.....”

“Now get a shower and dressed. The girls will be headed here soon. We're going out to grab some lunch and you're not staying here to mope. Not while your Mom is at work and mine is elsewhere.”

“Okay.” Yvette said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“And then we go to the mall.”

This perked Yvette up. “The music store?”

“Weeeellll....” Mary drew the word out for a moment, then she nodded. “It is in the mall. We could stop for a couple of minutes.”

“Cool” Yvette said, a smile forming on her lips.

“Feel better?” Mary asked.

“Yeah. A little better.” Yvette replied.

“Well, then go get ready. I'll keep the girls entertained in the living-room.”

I'll take a fast shower, okay?” Yvette said.

“Good, and get the muddy clothes into the wash room, or our Moms will kill us.”

She looked over to where her muddy jeans were and she nodded. “Okay.”

Mary rolled off the bed and headed for the door. “And wear something fun, okay?”

“Okay....and Mary?” Yvette called to her cousin. “Thanks for coming home.”

“No problem, Yvette, now get ready. The girls will be here in a little bit.”

~o~O~o~

Persephone's van pulled up to the buffet and Vance and Mooney came walking up to them from Carl's car. “William. Good to see you again.” Carl said with his hand outstretched.

“You too, Carl.” William smiled, shook Carl's hand and decided to go with a joke. “It feels like just a day since the last time I saw you.”

“How time seems to fly.” Carl replied with a smile.

“So, how was my son?”

“He was good. I feel sorry for him though.” Persephone replied, then she chuckled. “See, the girls were gone this morning, and since last night Vance and Mooney played a board game with Andromeda and this morning, at seven, she wanted to play again and she woke them up.”

Tracy chuckled. “She did that at Christmas time too.”

“Why?” Vance asked.

“She wants to play with the big kids.” Sage replied. “She is six years younger then I am, she wants to be cool too.”

“Oh.” Vance said.

William stopped Vance as he noticed a slightly thoughtful look on his face. “You okay, Son?”

“Yeah, we just had a run in with this girl who was giving Sage and them a hard time on Saturday and she like freaked out on us.” Vance said.

“Yeah, she tripped and when Vance helped her out of the mud, she ran off to her house.” Mooney added.

“Yvette?” Sage asked.

Vance nodded. “Yeah, the girl that was picking on all of you.”

Rachel groaned and shook her head. “She's a pain at times. I swear she goes out of her way to be mean.”

“Yeah, but Heather is worse.” Sage stated. “Yvette normally just follows what she does.”

William gestured to the door. “Well, let’s get something to eat and we can discuss it later, okay?”

~o~O~o~

They got back to Shelly's town house and William and Maggie went to the bedroom that Tracy was using. They had their kids sit on one bed and they took the other one. “Now, your mother is going to be coming to Oroville on Tuesday. Tomorrow she will go to the school here and see about getting Vance enrolled. But she may need to go get his records from the school.”

“I think I will, so they know where he'll fit in at.” Maggie replied. “But I was thinking of going there first thing in the morning and seeing about enrolling him. I'm not sure if they'll be closed for the holiday or not, but I can still go there. And if they are open, I can call Palermo and see if they are open. I know it's six hours round trip, but if I can get the paperwork and be back in time to drop it off, I'll do it. For now, we have to treat it like Vance has to go to Palermo.”

“Vance, it is important that you talk to us here.” William said, getting his son's attention. “Do you have a problem in moving in the next week or two? This will mean losing all your friends and starting over.”

“What friends? Emily May is Tracy's friend, so is Peter. There is Jerry, but he is in the elementary times, not middle school, so I don't see him at all except before and after school.” Vance honestly replied. “I move now and there is a chance I can join the team for whatever sport is next.”

William held up a finger to stop his son and make a point. “But remember, you may not get the chance to join or play. Don't put your answer of moving all on sports.”

“I know that, Dad. But I'm all alone at school. I....” He looked to his feet. “I didn't want to say anything, but they've been teasing me. They haven't since Mrs. Hallmark attacked Tracy, but some of the kids are trying to turn the school against me again.”

“So by moving, this gives you a clean slate?” Maggie asked.

Vance nodded and replied. “Yeah. One where Troy never existed and I can be whoever I want to be.”

“Okay. Well then, we work on moving you now.” William said and he looked to his wife, who nodded her agreement. “We can pack things up over the next few nights. Then when we're ready, we get a U-haul.”

“What about your work?” Maggie asked.

“Easy, I put in my two weeks tomorrow. They fire me before that, then I leave and we have to tighten our belts. If I have to, I'll skip the Disney Trip and look for a job.”

There was a knock at the door and they looked over to see Frank standing there with Shelly. “William, I know this is a private family talk, but we already said the trip to Disney is on us. Also, don't forget that some of those cars are being sold and the money is going to you. Why not use that to tide you guys over and if there is enough, put it into a down payment on a home? Or it can get an apartment?”

“I keep forgetting those.” He replied.

“What cars?” Tracy asked.

“You remember Billy O'Brien? The man who was calling the house?” William asked his daughter and she nodded. There was no way she could forget what he had said to her. “He had a bunch of cars, old ones that would be worth a lot of money as parts. Well, his father gave them to us to sell and your Uncle Frank has told his car club, so they went there and many of them are in the process of making offers on the cars and the part cars.”

“I was going to hold on to one for you two, but I felt the money was more important. This can help get your life into order down here.” Frank stated. “We can worry about a car in a few years, when Vance gets old enough and proves he is responsible enough.”

“Yeah.” Maggie said with a nod. “A car is a big responsibility.”

William looked to his wife. “So it is settled then. Vance and I go home today, You follow tomorrow or the next day and we work on getting Vance enrolled here this week.”

Maggie nodded. “Yeah, I can do that.”

“Good. And Shelly can keep an eye on Tracy while we take care of everything else.” William stated.

“I can do that.” She said from the doorway.

~o~O~o~

“Walk me to the car?” William asked his daughter and she held his hand as they walked to the back parking lot. He put his bag into the back seat and turned to face her. “Now you be a good girl and I'll see you in two weeks.”

“So much for five months, huh?” Tracy said with a smile.

“I like this plan better.” William stated. He turned and pulled his daughter into a hug. “This way I don't miss out on five months of my baby's life.”

Tracy blushed at being called a baby. “Daddy, I'm not a baby.” She whined, but she couldn't be angry.

“Now hush. I can call you baby, princess, little girl, brat....any number of names and I get to pick which ones I use.”

Persephone's van pulled into the lot, and Sage and Rachel got out, both in their normal clothes. Harvey pulled in a few moments later and Stacey got out, followed by Casey. “Well, that is your cue to get headed inside. I got to get on the road, so I can make Vance pack up the house.”

“Hey, that's not fair.” Vance replied.

“I was joking. All of Tracy's stuff is already down here But you and I will be working on packing up half the house.” William told his son. “Besides, we got a plan for the moving day, we just need you to make sure your clothes are ready to go by tomorrow. Tracy and your mother will come back, help pack up the rest of the house and we can go from there.”

“Oh.” Vance said, glad he wasn't doing all the work on his own. “Cool.”

“Well, I will see you tomorrow.” He said, kissing his wife's cheek. “Or Tuesday. And you young lady....” He kissed Tracy's cheek. “I will see you in two weeks.”

“See you in two weeks.” Tracy said and she hugged her dad again.

“Two weeks, I promise.” William said as he patted her shoulder, then turned to get in his car.

~o~O~o~

Monday February 21st 1983

Maggie started her morning off at the phone, dialing the number for the local school district, but she was met with no answer. As she hung up, she looked at Shelly. “Maybe the office is closed for the holiday too?” The girls were in the kitchen, except for Stacey and Casey, who had set the breakfast table.

“Could be.” Shelly replied. “Wanna try Vance's school now?”

“Yeah. I think I need to.” She said with a nod.

Tracy was busy cooking breakfast as Maggie dialed the phone. After a more then half a minute, she shook her head and hung up. Then she tried another number and was met with the same lack of response. “No answer. I'll try tomorrow. But for now, I want to go out and get a few applications. While I'm out, I'll swing by the schools office and see if they are there.”

“Well, eat first. Then we can work on getting you some applications. Or just relax in the house.” Shelly replied and she pulled out a seat at the table. “Relax and we'll get it to you.”

“Okay.” Maggie said.

Shelly leaned back in her seat and faced Maggie. “Besides, maybe you should wait till the end of the week to put in applications. What with moving Vance, that court thing and possibly helping William move, you're going to be busy.”

“Yeah, but I feel that I should put in some now.”

“Well don't forget about Disneyland. Some companies don't like it when you want a vacation right after you hire in.”

“True, but I'd feel bad if I just sat around the house all day.”

“Maggie, Tracy has her friends here and I can talk with you. The girls are taking off near dinner and then we got things going on for us. Frank will be grabbing dinner on his way home from the lab. You can hang out with me and make sure the girls don't drive me crazy with that music thing on the cable.”

~o~O~o~

William waited till his first break, not wanting to give the managers a reason to fire him for lollygagging. He went into the office and had Susan call Steven out. When Steven came out, he looked a bit worried. “What is it this time?” He was getting tired of being in the middle of the war the higher ups were having with William. He wasn't even sure why they were doing it, other than to prove they were God's in their own minds.

“Nothing this time. I need to give you this. I have a copy for myself.” William stated as he handed the man a piece of paper.

“What is it?” He didn't want to pick it up, in case it was a law suit.

“My two weeks notice.” William replied. “With my family being attacked on the property twice, almost three times, and in stores, we're moving my family out of town and I'm going with them, before someone murders all of us, which they've tried more then once now.”

“I see.” Steven looked over the paper, which only said that he was giving his two week notice and the date he was no longer working for them. Had had seen the story in the newspaper and while it didn't name Maggie, or the children, he knew who it was. It was that article that made him realize how much was happening to William and his family. “I'll tell HR. We'll mail your last check, if you give us the new address.”

“You can, but I made a stop there before I came to you. I wanted to make sure they had the right address.”

“Good idea. Less chance of someone messing it up.” Steven said.

“Keep in mind, I'll still call my union rep if I feel the management is trying to screw me over. I am being nice enough to give two weeks and I am getting tired of the managers watching my every move.”

“I understand.” Steven replied. “And I'm sorry it came to this.”

“Me too, but my family means more to me then this job and what kind of a man am I if I let them get hurt when I can stop it?”

“Good question.”

“Thank you, Steven. I need to get back out there before the break is over.”

William walked out of the office and he felt a mix of sadness, for leaving a job he had been at for almost a decade, and happiness for taking a stand. He was prepared to just leave if the company forced his hand, but if they fired him, he had a chance to fight for unemployment. Plus he had well over two hundred and seventy hours of sick time that he had saved up, and that would be paid out with his last check and that would be a good severance check.

~o~O~o~

“So, which house are we going to be at next week?” Tracy asked. They were getting ready for the girls to leave. She knew they had school the next day and a part of her wanted to be with them, but she knew she had to wait.

“Can't be ours.” Stacey said with a shake of her head. “Grandma Parker's birthday is Saturday and we're celebrating it at our place.”

“We're meeting with Mom's family.” Rachel stated. “At least on Saturday.”

“We're not doing much on Friday, who knows?” Sage stated.

Brooke shook her head. “Sorry, it can't be me. I got a competition this weekend. We're thinking of going Friday night, but it's on Saturday.”

“Where at?” Sage asked.

“It's at UCLA.” Brooke replied.

Rachel pointed a finger out her and in a fake scolding tone she warned Brooke. “No going to Disneyland. We all go together.”

“Agreed.” Brooke said.

Sage giggled. “I so can't wait.”

“Me either.” Tracy agreed. “I think I was Romy's age the last time I went.”

“Cool, then you may remember some of the rides?” Rachel asked.

“Some, but it's been a while.” Tracy replied. “But I do remember the Pirates and the haunted Mansion.”

“Come on, Tell us...” Rachel said, moving closer to Tracy. “This way we know which ones we want to see first.”

~o~O~o~

The girls had taken off before dinnertime and Maggie was in the living-room, looking over the paper that she had picked up at a nearby store. She had waited till almost noon to go see if the school's office was open, but it wasn't, so she had gone back to Shelly's home, but not after picking up the paper and some ice cream for later. She worked her way though the want ads, making notes on a piece of paper, so she could recall which ones she wanted to go after.

“Wanna go with us?” Shelly asked, interrupting her writing. “It's a garden club and I think there's someone there you should meet.”

“You'll like this.” Tracy said as she put a cake pan on the counter to cool. “It was a lot of fun at the luncheon.”

“Maggie, you deserve a break. Come with us and you can say hi, then if you want, we can leave.”

“Please Mom?” Tracy gave her a hopeful smile and added. “It could be fun. We made more of the chewy square things.”

“Sure, I guess.” Maggie said with a shrug of her shoulders.

~o~O~o~

Maggie stayed with Tracy, who was busy trying to remember people's names, just so she could introduce people them her mother. She carried the cake pan of deserts to the table with paper plates and other goodies on it. Near the end of the table, Shelly spoke to a larger woman. As Tracy got close, she came over. “Hello Tracy.” Beth said and she pulled the girl into a hug.

“Hello, Mrs. Paulson.”

“I told you, it's Beth.” The larger woman said.

Tracy shook her head. “I'm sorry. But my mom is here and I can't use your first name, she doesn't like it when we call an adult by their first name.”

Beth looked to the woman with them. “Your mom? Maggie? Little Maggie Richter?”

“It was, but it's Patterson now? Do I....do I know you?” Maggie tried to think of everyone she knew named Beth or with a last name of Paulson, but she was coming up with blanks.

“Its been about twenty years, but yeah, I lived near you in Castro Valley, went to school with you and Shelly since the first grade......” Maggie still looked confused, so Beth gave her another clue. “I have a brother named Mark....”

It took Maggie a couple of moments, as she recalled her past, then she smiled. “Beth? Bethany Leone?”

“Well, it's Paulson now, but it's still me, Maggie.” The bigger woman pulled Maggie into a hug. “And I met your daughter last week. She's almost a spitting image of you at that age. Even Mark and our mother think so.”

“She met your brother and mother?” Maggie asked.

“Sure. After the luncheon, Shelly showed her where our shop is. We have a bakery in the downtown area of Livermore, its called Big Mama's.”

“Oh. I guess I should find it at some point. Didn't sight-see much today. Just moved here on Friday and I was trying to get a hold of two school systems to my move boy down here.”

“Well, when you get the chance, swing on by.”

“It may be a few days. I have to get my son moved down here next.”

“Well, you stop by when you can. I'm sure Mark would love to say hello.”

Shelly watched as another woman headed their way and Shelly stopped her.

“Chloe, this is Maggie, Tracy's mother.”

“Ah. So this is the woman raising a very courteous daughter. I must say, you have a wonderful little cook on your hands there.”

“Thank you.” Maggie said. “But my mother-in-law has been helpful in training her to cook as well.”

“I see. She is a wonderful young girl and many in the club enjoyed talking to her last week.”

~o~O~o~

An hour later, after club business had been taken care of and the food had been eaten, Maggie walked with Tracy and Shelly to the van. “That was fun.” Maggie said with a nod of her head. “And it was really nice to see Beth again, after all these years.”

“Well, you met most of the ladies. Chloe is currently the club president. They talk about gardens, flowers, vegetables, stuff like there. They also swap recipes too. Tracy was thinking of joining the club. With her home schooling, it would work for science I think. But it's also good for talking to people that aren't us. ”

“Yeah, that could be a great idea.” Maggie said as she got into Shelly's van, “I think this week and looking for work is going to be a wash. With the court date for the restraining order, getting Vance into school here, and who knows how long changing schools will take, I may be too busy to fill out applications.”

“Then wait for next week.” Shelly answered as she started up the van. “There are a few ideas I wanted to run past you, like does Alice know?”

“No, but I'm sure Mom told her all about it.”

“Well, we can always work on telling her ourselves.” Shelly replied. “What if we go to L.A. This weekend, then come the Disney trip, they can meet us there and the girls can see Tracy with her friends?”

“Thats a wonderful idea.” Maggie said she thought of the possibilities of it going well. “But with the court date, what if we look at next weekend?”

“What about William? Doesn't he move next week?”

“Maybe, plus he has a house to pack up and he may be alone.”

“Hey, Brooke said something about going there this weekend. She had a big sporting thing going on at the college. The UCLA place.” Tracy stated.

“Hey.....” Shelly cast a quick glance to Maggie. “Let's call Karen when we get home. Maybe we could go and watch Brooke compete and see Alice?”

“Sure.” Maggie replied. “Sounds like fun.”

--SEPARATOR--

More family to meet, more places to go. More Tracy to follow

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yvette needs to meet Tracy,

then maybe Heather will stop being afraid and she and Yvette can make friends with Tracy and family.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

fear can be a bad thing at

Raff01's picture

fear can be a bad thing at times. I actually know people who have been like this in their life, where to keep safe, they just treat people like dirt, so no one gets close.

There sha;ll be more of Yvette, but the fun will be getting her acquainted with Tracy

I fear nothing.

Extravagance's picture

Except maybe curiosity...

Catfolk Pride.PNG

I'm very particular about baths.

Extravagance's picture

I do not utilize them as a means of getting clean. By my logic, getting into a bath simply transfers the dirt from me to the water. Sitting/Lying in dirty water doesn't make me cleaner, showering under running water does.
Still, I would have no reservations about getting into a bath/jacuzzi with a special someone. = ) We'd just have to shower together afterwards to be properly clean, and I have no reservations about that either. ^_^

This Catboy likes water, as long as it's clean. = )

Catfolk Pride.PNG

I think Yvette will learn a lot from Tracy

Renee_Heart2's picture

Tracy has a lot to offer Yvette especially being TG & being mean to people. I don't know Heather or what her deal is but if Tracy & her friends can get through to her then maybe she will start being nice to people.

I don't blame Tracie's dad for moving in two weeks the company is forcing him out & as he said trying to find a way to fire him so quit while you have the chance.

I think the Disney trip for the girls is a GREAT idea. As well as Tracy joining the garden club, & going to meet relatives.

Look forward to more of this Great story.

Love Samantha Renee Heart