Through the years: Trials and tribulations of a preteen girl part 18

Printer-friendly version

Tracy pushed on the door in front of her and it swung open. and they stopped as they realized that they weren't alone. It only took Tracy a moment to realize she was looking at Yvette, the girl who had insulted her weeks earlier. But what really caught her attention was the fact that below her belt-line, Yvette was built just like she was. Sage was equally stunned at the sight.

Yvette was stunned by the appearance of someone else in the room, she thought she would have been alone. When her mind caught up to her, she gave a shriek of fright and turned, and tried to hold her clothes in front of her crotch, her arm reaching back and trying to shut the door that she thought she had locked. .

“Sorry.” Tracy quickly said as she reached forward and pulled the door shut.

They heard the sounds of Yvette moving in the changing room, then what sounded like someone falling to the tile floor, then they heard the sounds of crying, again. Sage looked to Tracy, who felt bad. They both knew the shame and fear the girl felt. Tracy and Sage both headed into the room, shutting the door behind them. Tracy was going to lock the door for privacy, but the lock didn’t seem to work right. Sage took her towel and as she got close, she draped it over Yvette.

“Go away....just please don't hurt me.”

Tracy has returned. More fun in her life.

~o~O~o~

March 16th 1983

Tracy had been shocked at noon to find out she had an appointment with Doctor Addams in three hours. She had always believed that appointments took weeks or months to get. Yet the doctor called them that morning. At three in the afternoon, Maggie and Tracy stepped into the office of Dr. Addams. After a few minutes, they were called back. But instead of having Tracy undress, the nurse just told them that the doctor would be right in.

The doctor knocked, then he opened the door slightly. “Ah, Maggie and Tracy, can I step in?”

“Come on in.” Maggie said to him.

I’ll make this fast. When we reran the blood work, we found something in it.” The doctor told them.

“Something what?” Maggie asked.

“Well, According to this paper from the last blood test, it says that Tracy’s blood had hormones, about the level of a girl entering puberty. But by now, that shot should be gone.” He paused for a moment and Maggie asked.

“What does this mean?”

Dr. Addams shook his head. “I don’t know as of yet. I have a few ideas, but for now I set an appointment up today for you to see a specialist. They are right down the road and they are expecting you. Just head down there from here and walk right in.” He passed her a business card.

“What kind of specialist?” Maggie asked before she looked at the card.

“This is a colleague of mine. He is an ob/gyn. He is going to run an ultrasound on Tracy.”

“What will that do?” Maggie asked. “Does it even work?”

Tracy however asked a different question, as another one was bounding around in her head. “What’s an ob...thingy?”

Dr. Addams looked to Maggie first. “Ultrasound technology has improved over the years. Maybe, just maybe, we can see inside our young lady, so we don’t have to operate on her to check something. But I am wondering if there is more to Tracy than meets the eye.”

“What do you mean?” Tracy asked.

Yet Maggie caught on faster. “Are you saying there could be other parts in her? Female parts?”

“That’s what we are going to find out.” Then he looked to Tracy. “And Tracy, Ob/gyn stands for obstetrician and gynecologist. Both are doctors that help women. One is more for babies though. Like when a woman is pregnant.”

“Oh.” Tracy replied.

“It’s a walk in appointment. The office is just a mile down the road. I suggest going there now. They should be waiting for you.”

“We’ll leave right now.” Maggie started to get up. “Who do we go to for the results.”

“I’ll have them send them here, if you don’t mind.” Doctor Addams said to them

:”Thanks.” Maggie stated. “Let’s go kiddo.” Tracy was still a bit curious about why she would go to such a doctor when her other question popped into her head as the doctor walked out of the room.

Tracy ran out of the room and quickly caught the doctor. “Doctor Addams! I have a question.” She looked over her shoulder at her mother. “A private one. About my boy parts.”

~o~O~o~

Tracy lay almost naked on the bed, a towel over her budding breasts. Her panties were still on, just rolled down to cover her male parts and just her belly was exposed, but she still felt weird about being in front of someone and showing so much skin. Doctor Addams had been right. They had gone in almost right away. Maggie had to finish the paperwork in the back room where the device was at.

As Maggie did the paperwork, the The nurse who ran the machine spread the jelly over her stomach. “All right, young lady, lets run this. Now you may get a tickling sensation, and I know the gel is cold, but lay still and we’ll do our looking

As she waved the wand about, Tracy kept trying to crane her neck to see what was inside her. A hand pressed on her forehead. “Lay still so we don’t have to do this again. You move and it messes up the readings. Got it?”

“Sorry.” Tracy said as she blushed a deep red.

“I know you’re excited. But I need good clear pictures and you moving will ruin that.” The nurse said. “You can talk, but don’t bend your torso.”

~o~O~o~

March 17th 1983

Tracy went into Big Mama’s deli at about nine in the morning. Shelly was with her as she was dropping her off for a bit to work on things with Grandma Leone. Shelly had waited till that morning to let her know Grandma Leone had wanted to do some cooking with her that day. After the day before, Tracy was glad to not be in another doctor’s office. A part of her was hopeful they would hear something soon. Hopefully great news.

“There’s my little helper. Ready to go upstairs?” Grandma Leone asked.

Yeah! I got new ideas!” Tracy exclaimed as she followed Mrs. Leone to the stairwell.

Shelly called to her from the doorway. “Tracy, I’ll be back in an hour or two.”

“Bye Aunt Shelly!” Tracy called to her as they went upstairs.

~o~O~o~

At eleven Tracy was in the booth near the deli counter with Shelly. Her mother was in the back of the deli, but Tracy wasn’t bugging her. So far her mind kept going back to the doctor’s office yesterday and the weird test they ran. She was hopeful that things would work in her favor. The door opened up and Officer Maki and Officer Billings stepped in with another pair of cops, both of them female. “Tracy!” They went up and ordered their food quickly.

“Hey, how is your nose?” Tracy asked as the two cops she knew sat down with her.

“Hurts. He only broke it a little. Just hurts to sneeze, blow my nose and smell things.” The Asian cop said with a smile as he got up and helped one of the other cops move a table over.

“How are you holding up?” That had to be scary for you.” Natasha Billings asked as the other two cops came over and sat down.

“A little. I’m just glad my training kicked in.” Tracy said with a shrug.

The other two cops had heard by now what had happened, and who the man was and what his priors had been. They had been impressed that she had gone up against such a monster. Natasha gestured to the two female officers. “Tracy, these are officer’s Cunningham and Henderson.”

“Hello.” Tracy said to them.

"Young lady." Officer Henderson said to her.

The door chime rang again and someone else walked in. Tracy looked up and smiled. Tracy called out to him. “Captain Hill! Pull up a seat when you get your stuff!”

“Oh... Okay. I can do that.” He nodded to her and headed for the deli counter. As he made his order, the other officers got up to go get the food.

As they all sat down, Captain Hill had Officer Maki get up and he slid in. Tracy gave him a funny look. “Can’t he sit there?”

“Well, yes. But as he may have to run out the door for a call, I feel it’s easier if I sit here. I don’t have meetings until one this afternoon.”

As the lunch hour progressed, the five cops, Shelly and Tracy all kept the conversation light. Tracy kept touching on the fact that she was headed for Disneyland soon. Both groups of cops got calls on their radios. They headed for the door, food in hand and that left Captain hill to move the other table away from them. He moved to the other side of the table, across from Tracy.

“It’s sad they don’t get to finish their food.” Tracy said to him.

Captain Hill nodded to her and said. “A fact of life. When I was a beat cop, I barely got to eat a meal in peace. But I was doing my job to keep people like you safe, so I could forego a meal or two.”

“It happens a lot?” Tracy asked.

“Yeah. Sometimes they have to wait to get home to have a full meal. But if they don’t go, someone's life could be on the line. Would you rather have cops with full stomachs and people in danger, or hungry cops and crime being watched.”

Tracy thought about it for a moment and answered. “I guess you’re right. Seems wrong.”

Captain Hill nodded to her. “What about doctors. Have you ever been to an emergency room?”

Tracy nodded. “A couple times.”

“Same concept. Doctors may go most of the day on little food or sleep. All in the name of keeping others alive.” Captain Hill said, continuing his line of thought.

“That seems harsh. A day without sleep?” Tracy asked.

Captain Hill ignored her question and finished his thought. “Emergency people, police, firefighters and medical personnel make a sacrifice of comfort to help keep the country safe. Same with the military. If it wasn’t for the actions of the emergency teams and military, this country would not run nearly as smoothly as it does.”

~o~O~o~

Tracy sat in the bedroom with Rachel. They were waiting for Sage to go to the park, but she was at Dr. Ivan’s. So Tracy was just hanging out and listening to music on the radio. She looked to her friend who was reading a magazine article about some newer bands and started speaking. “So yesterday I spoke to the doctor about something.”

“What about?” Rachel asked her, without looking up.

“I asked him about my...” Tracy blushed. “Well, I asked about my thing. You know how I ran off that one day? I haven’t seen it get hard since. Not that I look at it often.”

“Yeah, I remember.” Rachel replied as she looked up.

“He said it shouldn’t have happened. Without testicles, I shouldn’t get hard.” Tracy was blushing hard, but for some reason she needed to tell her this. Maybe Rachel saw something that could help with this mystery. She didn’t want the object on her, but she had to know if it was really working like it should. No matter what she had done in the past. “He said it could have been in my mind and that I just guessed it had. So I wanted to know, didn’t you see it?”

“I don’t know. I mean I always thought it had.I swear I saw something, but what if you were just sitting weird?” Rachel said with a shrug. “It doesn’t matter. You’re still a girl to me.”

“I thought it got hard... But that doesn't matter. Mom and I had another appointment and this one they took a thing and looked inside my belly. I guess I’m making hormones like you do.” Tracy stated.

Rachel was silent for a moment, then asked. “So you’re like Sage?”

“Maybe.” Tracy said with a shrug. “We did a thing and maybe we’ll hear before Disneyland.”

From downstairs they could hear the door open. And the sounds of someone running up the stairs. “Yeah that would be cool.” Rachel said as the door opened up.

Sage stepped in “So, are we still going to the park?”

“Yeah. You ask Brooke?” Rachel asked her.

Sage shook her head. “Training thing. She’ll see us tomorrow.”

“What’s tomorrow?” Tracy asked.

“Tomorrow we have a day off for teacher enrichment. So we’re going to the pool place in town. The pool is inside, so it’s heated. Plus you don’t have to swim. You can just relax in the pool.”

“Oh...I...uh...”

“Tracy, I go all the time.” Sage told her. “We’ll all be there and you can even have some fun.”

Tracy looked at her lap. “But I can’t swim.”

“Stay in the shallow end.” Rachel suggested.

“I don’t have a swimsuit.” Tracy said, hoping to end the discussion. She didn’t want that much of her body on display again.

“I know a place.” Rachel said. “And I know your size. So if I can get you a suit, a new one, all one piece that doesn’t show much skin, can you go and trust us?”

“I don’t know.” Tracy began to whine. Sage put an arm around her shoulder and asked.

“Do you trust me?”

Tracy nodded after a moment of thinking about it, then said. “Yeah. You’ve been good to me.”

Sage smiled at her. “I swim. I’m in a small suit too. So if I say everything will be fine, then do you believe me?”

“Please, we won’t let anything happen to you.” Rachel added.

Tracy looked from one to the other and finally said. “Okay, I’ll go, but I need a suit.”

“I’ll have one by pool time tomorrow.” Rachel said with a grin. “A good one too.”

~o~O~o~

March 18th 1983

It wasn’t even noon on Friday and Tracy was with her father who wasn't needed that day at his temp job. Her mother was still working. Sage and Rachel were with their own mothers, and were planning to meet her at the center. Tracy still wasn’t wild about the idea, but to play around in the water, that had sounded fun. She just had to watch how much she played, as she still had her tai-chi class that night, plus a sleepover at Brooke’s.

As they pulled in, so did Lynn and her friends. Tracy waited for her father to get out. When she did, she was met by Rachel who handed her a bag and said. “There you go. Let’s go in and find a stall to change in.”

“My belly will be exposed?” Tracy asked as she looked at the swimsuit in the shopping bag. Rachel led the way to the building. Brooke was being taken out of her Grandfather’s van. “And I don’t swim” This weekend was planned to be a long one.

“Come on Tracy. It's a one piece suit and all you have to do is sit in the shallow end. Usually this place isn't packed in the winter and you can help get Brooke out of the water, but I think Lok will help with that.” Sage took her to the side as they walked to the main entrance. “And that other gaff should work, just make sure to tuck, but the tape won't hold, so in a bit we can make sure we're still good.”

It's not that big, anyway.” Tracy said quietly as they moved to the door of the huge complex that had a pool. As they entered in and Persephone paid for their four hour session, Tracy looked to Sage. “Sage, why couldn't I change at the house?”

“Because we didn't have the swimsuit from Rachel yet.” Sage replied. “She just got it from the store. They had them out already.”

"Already? March just started." Tracy shook her head.

“Fact of life.” Persephone said to them. “Clothes are always out in the wrong season.”

“Come on, let’s go change.” Rachel said, leading the way to the ladies changing rooms.

Tracy was surprised at two things. First was with school out, this place wasn’t filled. The second was how big the changing room was. Rachel had gone to a booth near the main door. It didn’t matter how fast they got changed. They had to wait until the bell rang to get in the water. That would be another fifteen minutes. Sage and Tracy headed towards the back, where even fewer people would go.

Tracy pushed on the door in front of her and it swung open. and they stopped as they realized that they weren't alone. It only took Tracy a moment to realize she was looking at Yvette, the girl who had insulted her weeks earlier. But what really caught her attention was the fact that below her belt-line, Yvette was built just like she was. Sage was equally stunned at the sight.

Yvette was stunned by the appearance of someone else in the room, she thought she would have been alone. When her mind caught up to her, she gave a shriek of fright and turned, and tried to hold her clothes in front of her crotch, her arm reaching back and trying to shut the door that she thought she had locked. .

“Sorry.” Tracy quickly said as she reached forward and pulled the door shut.

They heard the sounds of Yvette moving in the changing room, then what sounded like someone falling to the tile floor, then they heard the sounds of crying, again. Sage looked to Tracy, who felt bad. They both knew the shame and fear the girl felt. Tracy and Sage both headed into the booth, shutting the door behind them. Tracy was going to lock the door for privacy, but the lock didn’t seem to work right. Sage took her towel and as she got close, she draped it over Yvette.

“Go away....just please don't hurt me.”

“We won't hurt you. And we won't let anyone one else hurt you either.” Tracy said, but she wasn't sure why she had said it. Yet she meant it. After all, this girl had run her down just a few weeks prior, just to be mean.

“Yvette, I won't tell anyone.” Sage said.

“I can't believe you, not after the last time.....” She began to cry and Sage realized that there was more to her breakdown at the school a few weeks earlier.

“Yvette, we don't care. You say you're a girl and that's all we need.” Tracy stated and Sage nodded.

“Yeah. You're a girl, despite what is on your body.” Sage said to her and this time Tracy nodded.

“How can I trust you? How do I know that you won't just tell everyone?” Yvette said, through her tears, then she added. “Just like my dad did.”

“Yvette, I'm like you. I was born a boy too.” Tracy whispered. She wasn’t sure why she said it. But she knew the pain and torment Yvette felt. Plus the only other person like her was Sage. She wasn’t sure if she would ever meet anyone else like herself again.

Yvette eyed her warily, as though waiting for an attack, or insults. In the back of her mind, she knew if insults were lobbed, she deserved them. After her actions the past few years, she deserved anything that happened to her.

“Right....You’re pretty, not like me. I’m just a stupid boy....”

Tracy took a deep breath and tried to think how she would be if someone had walked in on her. She decided that her best course of action was to show Yvette how alike they were. With one hand she pulled up her skirt, and the other hand grabbed her panties and gaff and she pulled them down enough to expose her own crotch, just enough to show them the truth. Her cheeks went bright red as she stood there, exposed to both her friend and Yvette. “Yvette, Sage won't say a word, because she knows that I'm just like you.” Yvette looked to Tracy and she was surprised. She wiped at a few tears in her eyes as Tracy pulled her panties and gaff back up, letting her skirt drop enough to adjust herself.

“You're a boy too....” Yvette said. “Well, born a boy too?”

“Yes, she's a girl. We both are, we're just born wrong, like you were.” Sage offered.

Yvette looked to Sage and her jaw dropped slightly, but she managed to ask. “You're like me too?”

“Kinda. I was born with both sets of parts.” Sage said. “I have a penis and a slight opening.”

“No....you were a girl all the time.” Yvette was shaking her head.

Sage blushed and looked away. “Please, don’t make me show you.”

“I don't believe you. How will I know that you won't use this at school? I don’t wanna get hurt, not like last time.....”

Sage sighed. Fair was fair. She had gotten to see more of Yvette then she had ever expected. She steeled herself, stood and exposed herself, but Tracy looked away.

Tracy sat on the floor next to Yvette. “I won't say a word because I know what happens when people find out. I was attacked in my hometown, and some woman came over and started telling people that I was going to rape and murder all the children in the town. She attacked Sage and I in a gas station and at the court appearance to get a restraining order, she had to be hauled away by a bunch of cops, cause she tried to get me again. I had a black eye because of her. Heck, she tried to bite me.”

“Hey, Yvette?” A voice that Sage knew well called out and a moment later, Heather knocked on the door to the changing room which caused it to swing open. As Heather saw them in there, her attitude went frosty. “Like, Oh my God, what do you want, Freak?” She noticed the stains of tears on her cousin's cheeks and she went to the offensive. “What did you do to my cousin?!?”

“Cousin?” Sage asked, not knowing of their relationship.

“Nothing, Heather.” Yvette said. “They didn't do anything, other than scare me and help me out after that.”

She noticed, as Yvette shifted, that she was naked under the towel that wasn’t hers. “They know, don't they?!?” Heather asked, her valley-speak totally forgotten. “They know about your body?!?”

Yvette nodded. “They saw me changing.”

Heather turned towards Sage. “You better not tell anyone.” She balled up her fists as she took a step closer. Tracy got up and put herself between the two girls.

“Please don't fight. We won't tell anyone.” Tracy stated.

“Bullshit. We've been tricked and hurt before.” Heather said.

“Heather, Tracy is like I am. She was born the same way.” Yvette said, not sure if Tracy wanted to keep it a secret, but she knew it could help stop her cousin. “And Sage is cool with her, so I am cool with them.”

“So, porky is a boy in a dress, is he?” It was scary how fast she moved into an insult mode.

Yvette stood up, angry at Heather for how she started to attack someone like her. Sure, she didn’t know Tracy, and the last time they met, she had insulted her. Yvette however wanted to stop being a bitch towards everyone. This was the one chance to keep things getting better.

“Dammit Heather! Stop that!” She stepped forward and the towel fell down, but Yvette was getting angry at her cousin, the fear that Heather really hated what she was still lingered in her mind. She wrapped her arms around her cousin and Tracy and Sage both blushed as they realized that Yvette was totally naked. “Heather, any insults like that, that you aim at her, you are aiming them at me.” Heather looked Yvette in the eyes, as her cousin kept speaking. She blushed once she realized that her cousin was naked. “You call her a boy and I'll know that you secretly hate what I am, too. I'm just the same.”

“Yvette, I don't hate you, but you know what happens when people know....” Heather replied.

Sage picked up the towel and as Yvette kept holding her cousin around the waist, Sage did her best to cover up Yvette.

“I know it too.” Tracy said. “In the past four months, I've been attacked more than three times and threatened several times from the cousin of one of my attackers. One of them threatened to rape and kill my whole family and me. Another of them attacked Sage, her sister and me in a store, just because I was born into the wrong body. My dad almost lost his job because of me. Heck, the woman who attacked Sage and me, she attacked me again at a court case to get a restraining order on her.”

“I'm not saying you have to be nice, but don't go blabbing the secret, cause if you do, you're no better than those jerks who beat us up. And as bad as my father.” Then Yvette added. She realized that Sage was trying to put a towel on her, so she loosened her grip on Heather and grabbed the towel instead. “And if you tell people about her, what's stopping them from telling them about me? And face it, she doesn't go to our school. So I'd get beat up and have to move and she could just fade away again.”

“Look, I don't want trouble. I just want to live my life in peace.” Tracy said, to which Yvette added.

“And that's all I want too.” Yvette added.

Heather sighed. “Fine, but if you hurt her, I will spread your secret around.”

“Heather, just stop, please.” Yvette pleaded. She moved over to her cousin, while adjusting her towel and pulled Heather into another hug. “She won't say anything, because I can get her in trouble too. So please, don't be mean. They want to be nice. They won't make fun of us.”

“How can we trust the freak?!?”

“Her name is Sage!” Yvette snapped.

“Heather, I’m a bit like Yvette, and a bit like you. I got both sex organs.”

“What?!?” Heather asked her warily. Yvette nodded to her.

“I don’t believe you.”

“You can talk to my mother if you don’t believe me. Or Yvette.” Sage said. “Heather, we're holding out the olive branch here, we're not saying that you have to be our best friends, but we can at least be friendly and we could hang out at times. Having friends to lean on is good for Yvette and you. And Tracy and Yvette could share stories and help each other out. They each know how hard their lives can be.”

“Oh really? Did she get attacked?” Heather asked in a snotty tone of voice that tried to prove that no attack was as bad as the one she suffered with her cousin.

“Yes. I said that already." Tracy replied. “By a former friend of my brothers and he tried to rape me on my parents property. He cut off my shirt, bra and was cutting off my skirt when I managed to slip away. I got to my grandmother's place and they tried to hurt me there, but Grandma came out to stop them. I was hurt badly but I still defended my grandmother when they tried to kill her for defending me.”

“She's telling the truth here.” Sage stated. “I saw her in the hospital after the attack and they messed her up kinda hard. They crushed her testicles. She'll never be male again. Then there was the lady who tried to shove me into a candy rack, beat my little sister and then she tried to murder Tracy in a gas station. In full view of ten people. Tracy's grandmother came in and beat the shit out of her.”

“My maternal grandmother, the Paternal is the one I protected, and she has osteoporosis.”

“The brother of the guy who tried to rape her tried beating her up in February and she fought him and three other guys, so we could get Brooke and my little sister to safety. That crazy woman attacked Tracy at the end of February in a courthouse too. So yeah, she’s been beat up.”

“See. I’m not alone here.” Yvette stated.

“Hey, could we get dressed? Sage asked. “So we're not wasting pool time when it starts. Plus Yvette can put on more than a towel?”

“Sure, I don't mind.” Heather went to a bench and sat down in the cramped space.

“Um, I know you've seen me, but could you give us space?” Yvette asked. “You wouldn't change in front of Sage or Tracy, so why should they change in front of you?”

“Tell you what, Tracy and I will find another changing stall and you two can be in here.” The two of them left the tiny cubicle and Tracy was glad to see no one else was in there. To be honest very few people had been there when they pulled up.

Heather wasn't looking happy when they stepped out of the changing room, but Yvette went to her and hugged her. “Thank you. But please Trust me. This can work. The more of us, the better.”

“How can you be sure she is what she said? How can you be sure she is a boy?”

“She showed me.” Yvette stated. “They both did and I don’t care. If I’m a girl, despite my outward appearance, so are they.”

~o~O~o~

Tracy and Sage stopped by Heather, as the two came out of the changing room. “A truce.” Sage said as she held her hand out. “Like I said in there. You don't have to be our best friend, but at least give us a chance. What if you two come with us tonight. We're staying at Brooke's place and my cousins will be there too. They all know about Tracy and I. But they don’t have to know about you, just that you two need friends."

“It’s best if we don’t have people near us.” Heather began to say, but Sage cut her off.

"Everyone needs someone." The redhead told them.

"Hey!" Rachel called towards the back. "Fifteen minutes till swim time. Let's get going."

~o~O~o~

Tracy was in her swimsuit, but she stayed out of the pool. She took a spot on a bench with Yvette and the two of them sat there, exchanging stories with Heather and Sage

“So you're like me, just with a worse attack?” Yvette asked.

“I don't think any attack is a good one.” Tracy replied. “But it does happen.”

There was a bell sounded as a second lifeguard stepped into the room.

Heather came over to them and gestured to the water. “Um, like, you gonna go swimming?”

“I can't swim.” Tracy admitted. “But I'll stay in the shallow end. But you all can go swimming.”

The door on the far end opened up and Harvey walked in, with Stacey and Casey in tow, both already in their swimsuits.

Yvette jumped into the water, while Tracy walked around the edge and slowly stepped into the water. Brooke was already in the water and swimming laps

~o~O~o~

Yvette's mother walked into the large pool area. Her sister met her as she came in. “You'll never believe this.” The woman said and she pointed to where Yvette was sitting with a large group of girls and Heather was there too. It was a half time break where everyone was out of the pool for thirty minutes so they could test the water and everyone could make sure they felt well. “I came in and Yvette was talking to them. I guess there was a slight problem in the changing room and they saw Yvette naked.”

“Oh no.” Yvette's mother started to slump her shoulders.

“It's okay. Yvette didn't say who, but she said she is not the first girl like that that those girls have seen. Yvette said one of them is just like her. I don’t know which one.”

Yvette came running up to them. “Hey Mom, I was wondering if Heather and I could stay at someone else's house tonight?”

“I don’t know...”

Yvette wasn't going to let this chance slip away. "Come on, we can talk to Tracy and her dad."

Yvette led her mother to a quiet part of the center's indoor pool area. “Mom, I met Tracy in the changing room and she is like me. Born into the wrong body. So is Sage and they both go to Doctor Ivan in Dublin, too. Tracy's dad is here, so is Sage's mom and they offered to meet you, so you know they are okay people. Those are Tracy's friends, Rachel, Brooke and Sage we go to school with." She pointed to the bench where Tracy's friends were all sitting, watching them. "Casey and Stacey are Sage's cousins from Dublin. They had no problem with Sage of Tracy.”

Tracy quickly told her dad, Persephone and Yvette and Heather’s mother the short story of her life, quietly so no one else heard it. She also covered what had happened in the changing room.

“You exposed yourselves?” Persephone asked and both girls nodded.

“Hmm, not sure how I feel about that.....” William stated.

“Daddy, it was important, plus we saw her. She thought we’d hurt her.”

“Sage!” Rachel called from across the room. “The pool is open again!”

The girls all stood there, but Yvette’s mother shooed them off. “You all go swim. I need to speak to them really quick.”

~o~O~o~

“This is my sister. Heather’s mother.”

“I’m Persephone Miller, The redhead’s mother. My daughter was with Tracy at the time.”

“My daughter is the one staying near the side. Tracy.” William said to them. “My wife isn’t here right now.”

“So my sister told me.” The woman said with a nod. “She also said that your daughter said she is okay with....well, how Yvette is?”

“Yes. In fact, Yvette and Tracy are the same.” William said to them as they sat down away from other parents.

“The same?” Heather’s mother asked.

“Yes. Tracy finally had the nerve to come out this past year and began living as a girl.”

“My daughter Sage, the redhead, is like them, in that she has both sets of genitals. So she kinda has an idea of the internal torment your daughter feels. The girls wanted to hang out together tonight. They offered a sleepover to Heather and Yvette. They’ll be at Brooke’s house, which is just down the road from your house, I believe.”

“Well, I don't know about her being at another person's home....” Yvette's mother said. “I mean you can understand, right? With our daughters being....well being the same, I'm sure that you keep a closer eye on her then normal parents.”

William nodded. “I totally understand. I was afraid until Persephone told us that the girls knew about Sage and were fine with Tracy. We had Tracy's Godmother keeping an eye out for her too.”

“Why don't we go eat something to eat. We could find a pizza place or something.” William suggested. “There is bad blood it seems between your girls and the others, so why not help find some middle ground. Tracy has a class soon, but let's meet at six, okay?.”

~o~O~o~

And so we have come to an end. But fear not, I won't wait another year to post a chapter.

up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Surprise

Teek's picture

Surprise of all surprises. I log in and see a new chapter. Almost had to go back and read the last one, figured I had to have missed one it had been so long. I went ahead though and enough came back to tell me I hadn't missed anything, except seeing more of these chapters more often.

Thank You for sharing with us another glimpse into Tracey's life. A bully being tough to keep everyone away from a secret is very common. It is often an untold element of bullies. Bringing the truth into the light can be the first step to changing behavior, but it is often easier to switch to the dark side than to the light. I am sure it will be a hard transition, probably more for the cousin than Yvette.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

Thank you for reading

Raff01's picture

I'm glad you enjoyed it. As for bullies, I agree and yeah Heather may have a hard time for a long while

Finally this wonderful story

Finally this wonderful story is back. It seems like I've been waiting for years. One of the best stories I have read.

Willow

Fear is a monster

Jamie Lee's picture

What Heather and Yvette have experienced has both gripped with fear, hence the snotty girl act. Because of the fear that grips them, they both have major trust issues, which is totally understandable.

The olive branch Sage and Tracy offered was more than just words, they actually showed the olive branches. It was only by showing that Yvette believed them and their story clips. Heather, on the other hand, because she is held tighter in fear's grip, was less convinced.

Tracy and the other girls are the best support group Heather and Yvette could have. If only they can realize it and give them a chance.

Others have feelings too.