Freya's Gift Chapter 8 by Mopar

Printer-friendly version

Freaya's Gift

Chapter 8: Gaining Knowlege

Wednesday:

"Well I need to clean up before we go into town again, so unless you're joining me in the tub.... you should go get ready." I smiled cheekily at Katie.

She says, "That would be a little weird don't you think?"

"Baby girl, I have changed your diapers and given you baths since the day you were born. I even changed one diaper next to a $125,000 sports car at the Auto Show cause there weren't changing stations in the men's room back then. If I was still your uncle it would never happen, but I'm your aunt, and we are both women. There's nothing to be ashamed about."

Katie said "Okay, it'll be like using the jacuzzi after the game with my teammates." I run the water for the tub while we both undress, "We can wash each others hair."

"That sound like a great idea," as I step into the tub and turn on the jets. "Oh, that feels so good!" We relax into the water opposite from each other just soaking for a time. Both of us kind of zone out.

************************************************

The next moment Katie shrieks, startling me bolt upright. We are no longer in my bathroom in the tub, but in what seems a natural hot spring in the forest clearing where I first met FREYA. And there standing beside the spring was FREYA herself. It was her that had scared Katie. "Katie, it's okay, this is the goddess FREYA, FREYA this is my niece Katie."

FREYA smiles upon Us, "I am aware of who she is. The reason I have summoned you here, is because you were together and it was convenient. I felt it was time for you.... both of you to know. To set aside some possible fears".

Katie tries to hide herself in the foaming waters of the spring. Timidly she says, "It is very nice to meet you, my goddess."

FREYA reaches out to her, "Child, there is nothing for you to be embarressed about, Please, both of you, walk with me." So we walked with her to some rocks that were perfect for sitting. FREYA says, "Let me start by saying I am so pleased with you Katie for helping she who I now your aunt. I can see the love shared between you both. That is why you are here. Freya, you have noticed that you have a second sight. You can perceive the aura's of those dear to you. This has a special purpose."

Perplexed, "What purpose does it serve then godmother?"

"It's main use will allow you to know those who I have chosen to help you in times of need, when the task at hand requires the concerted effort of a team, just like in the game."

For clarification I asked, "But Katie has never played the game, if she is to become part of this how will that work?"

"Simply my dear child, she will be given one of your avatars, the choice of which is yours alone. She has no say, but I know you will choose appropriately." Thinking to myself I smiled. "You have chosen then!"

"Yes godmother I have."

She turns to Katie, "Then behold! Your new form." With that FREYA raises her glowing hands. Before Katie can react she changes. The changes are not drastic with the exception of the bony protrusions on her head, in effect she now had horns or small antlers. She became my Freya.Steelheart character, a Castanic warrior.

Katie spoke, "I feel different, but what has changed?" FREYA summened water from the stream to form a mirror for her to see her new self. "Wow, she.... I mean I look amazing, but won't people be disturbed about my horns?"

FREYA says, "The horns will only appear when you call upon the skills of the warrior. The same way that your aunt called her weapons and armor this morning capturing that poacher." She turns to me, "You will need to teach her what she needs to know to become the warrior she must become."

I then, "Yes godmother, I understand." She continues for a bit explaining that there would be another who I would grant Freya.Hotheart to. And two others she would give their forms to.

"Now back to your bath." With that we appeared back in my bathroom with the water still hot.

************************************************

Looking across at Katie, "You've not changed that much, your skin is a little more tanned and your hair is the same auburn as mine is. The biggest difference is your ears are pointed like mine are. Without the horns, we look more like sisters than we did before."

Katie looks down at herself. Then cupping her breasts she says "I'm a little bit bustier now than before. People are going to think I had a boob job during summer break."

I said "Just tell them you had a growth spurt, that you're a late boomer. And that could be used to explain the ears too. It was just something that caught up to you genetically."

"That works for me," she adds. We get to washing each others hair. Katie's take longer now since it much longer than before.

After the hair, we finish washing both using the berry scented bodywash. Get out and towel off. Getting dressed, Katie says,

"That's strange, the bras I just got yesterday from Victoria's Secret still fit, and I know my boobs are bigger."

I say, "FREYA must have changed them too so you wouldn't lose the cute sets you just got."

That settled and both of us dressed, Katies asks "So what are the plans today aunt Freya?"

I smiled at her and said "Let me check something online and make a call." I head to the office and sit at the desk, I swipe the desk in front of the monitor to wake up the pc. I do a search for Bowtech Archery, once on their webpage and get their phone number. Dialing the number, I talk to someone about a factory tour. The lady says if we can be there at 1pm they would be happy to obliege us. Thanking her, I hang up and hollar out "Grab the purses, we've got an appointment at the Bowtech factory HQ in 1hr, let's snap to it!"

Katie squeals in delight "Really, are you kidding? No fucking way. Your yanking my chain."

I look at her sternly "That is no way for a young lady to talk. It just shows your fathers bad influence."

"I'm sorry, I know how much you dislike that language, I'll work harder to stop, now let's go!"

************************************************

An hour later, just before 1pm we pull into a spot by the front door. Stepping out, Katie says "That was quite the drive Auntie, your car is so much fun!" Going inside the proshop we are greeted by a young man asking how he can help us. Before I can answer, Katie says surprised, "Austin, you work here?"

He looks at her, thinking, "Wait.... Katie? Is that you? You've changed since I saw you in high school!"

"Better?" She said.

Austin stammers "Oh, what.... yes! You look fantastic, but you always did."

Katie turns as red as her new hair, "I didn't think you even knew who I was."

Now it was his turn to color, "Well, I'm a bit embarressed to say, but in class I couldn't keep my eyes off of you. I have had a crush on you since the first time I same you play at a home game. I was headed to baseball practice and watched a while. You're a very good catcher."

Before this went on further, an older man in his early thirties walks up, "You must be my 1pm tour of the factory, I'm Carlos."

I said "Yes, that's us, I'm Freya and this is my niece Katie. She was just getting reacquainted with an old classmate," pointing to Austin.

Carlos says "That's nice, Austin started here last week. He's on the OSU baseball team."

I told him, "I, well, we met Austin's uncle James yesterday and he told us that Austin had transfered here from San Diego, just not where he worked. Katie plays for OSU too, she catches for the softball team. Same as Austin plays catcher on the baseball team."

Carlos says "What a small world."

"Smaller than you know," I said, "James and I have a double date with Katie and Austin a week from this saturday."

Austin looks pleasantly shocked, "That's fantastic, I haven't talked to uncle James since last week, I can't wait". Both he and Katie blush while Carlos and I smile at the two kids.

Carlos interupts, "Well let's get started, shall we?" As we walk through the plant with Carlos showing us each station start to finish how Bowtech creates their line. And we explain that we are familiar with the product because we both shot Bowtech when we were in San Diego, and part of the local archery club. He exclaims "That's great, So you just wanted to see where your bows were made?"

I smiled and then looking at Katie while she looks around us, "Well yes of course, but I thought that maybe we could each get new bows while we're here, maybe something custom built?"

Katie now turns back gawking, "OMG."

Carlos says, "That is very possible, we're not terribly busy right now, but I'll need to clear it with the boss."

I said "I understand completely, if it makes a difference to your boss you can tell him I'm a park ranger at the Willamette State Park. And Katie will become a junior ranger next week."

"Okay, he'll like that. And if you don't mind my saying, once he sees the two of you he may ask you both to pose for some ads or promotions. He may even give you the bows and put you on the factory shooting team." I told him that would be uneccessary as he left us for a few minutes.

Katie is literally bouncing up and down, "OMG, OMG, OMG."

Carlos returns with another man in his mid forties, still fit and healthy. He introduces himself, "Hello I'm the owner, Richard. Carlos told me of your request. And I think we can make that happen. It's nice to meet you Ms Freya and Miss Katie. Just give me an idea of what you'ld like and let's see if we can meet your expectations."

"Thank You Richard! That's very kind of you. I was thinking on the drive here, that what I want is a Legend bow, with the riser in Kryptek Lime for me and Kryptek Pink for Katie. Also the cams should match the riser colors Lime for mine and Pink for hers. Any dampener mounts should match as well."

Richard says "Anything else you'ld like?"

"Yes, strings and cables for mine need to be berry and lime, and Katies pink and lemonade."

Richard says "I really like those choices. We'll have to re-dip some risers but we can have them ready to tune in about an hour, we'll also need to anodise cams and hardware and twist up some strings. Let's measure your drawn lengths and get started." Carlos grabs a tape measure at hand as Richard motions him. We stretch our arms and Carlos has first me then Kathie hold the tape with fingertips of one hand putting the tape accross our breasts to the other fingertip. I smile as he tries to avoid staring at my ample chest. He writes down our draw length after making the calcs. Carlos says "Ms Freya, your's is 29in and Miss Katie yours is 26.5in. What draw weight for each of you? You can choose from 60#, 70# or 80#."

Knowing we are stronger than we appear I said "70# for Katie's snd 80# for me."

Richard says "Are you sure? I wouldn't want either of you to hurt yourselves!" There is no trace of condescension in his voice, he is just making sure we're not going to strain a shoulder drawing too much weight.

"Well let's try one first," I said following them over to the packaging dept. Handing me an 80# standard Legacy, I draw it with the ease of elfin granted muscles. And then Carlos hands Katie an 70# model. She draws it with goddess given ease as well.

"Well that settles any worries I had," said Richard, "Would you care to wait with me in my office while Carlos sees to having the team assemble your bows? Please."

Richard leads us to his office up some stairs above the pro shop. His window overlooks the factory floor. He seats us and asks if we would like something to drink, "Maybe a nice fresh sun brewed blackberry iced tea?"

"That's sounds great," we say in unison. He pours us each a tall glass with plenty of ice. Very refreshing!

He makes small talk for a while and then asks "Carlo's has told me you are a Park Ranger and your niece is to be a Junior Ranger soon."

"That's right," I say.

"Forgive me for saying, you are both very attractive young women, and you seem to know your archery. If you'ld be willing, I would like you both to be members of our factory team of shooters, to represent our brand. And to be spokesmodels for some advertising." Before I could answer him, he added. "Let me sweeten the deal before you turn me down."

"Okay, go ahead."

He says, "First thing, your bows today and anything you need in the way of archery needs are free of charge. Second, I will offer the Legacy's, which as you know is a "Chris Kyle" Signature model, But as a women model called the "Park Ranger" Signature series with the same deal as Chris has, that part of the sales goes to a charitable foundation. For you, I would think "Breast Cancer" foundation. Third, any US Park Ranger, active or retired, will receive a 40% discount at any pro shop in the country."

I was stunned, and said so to Richard, "That's very generous of you Richard. And as long as my captain agrees, since we'll have to work around schedules, I'll say yes."

Richard picks up his phone and places a call leaving me in suspence. "Hey Cappie, how's my old college buddy doing? Good, that's great to hear. I'll make it short as I know how busy you are." He went on for a while explaining to my captain what we had just talked about. Then, "that's great to hear Cappie, ok, let's meet for a couple beers friday night, same place, same time, okay? Bye." He stands up, "It's done, no worries, Nate and I go way back." We stand up and both shake his hand and thank him deeply. Richard leans to his intercom, pushing a button, "Did you get all that?"

"Yes sir!" Comes the response, "I'm printing the contracts as we speak sir."

"Very good Helen, as soon as you have them ready...." Before he finishes, an attractive woman in her late 30's enters with papers. "Damn Helen! I knew there was a reason I married you! You know what I need before I do."

Smiling at Katie and I, Helen says "Nice to meet you Freya, Katie. I'm Helen. Wife, secretary and lawyer for our little family company." We shake hands with her, and to her husband says "It's about time you added some more women around here! I feel all alone when Eva is out doing her hunting shows. And since Freya and Katie are local, maybe there will be less testosterone and more estrogen around here. Make my life a little easier."

All Richard can say is "Yes Dear," to us, "Let's go see if your bows are done, shall we?" As we stand the intercom buzzes.

"Hey boss, the ladies bows are ready in the Pro Shop to set them up," Carlos says.

Almost together Helen and Richard answer "Thanks Carlos." Katie and I laugh and Helen and Richard join in. Helen leads us down stairs where the Pro Staff tunes our bows for us, they take very little time to prep and soon we go to the test range after picking a few arrows.

Carlos leads us to their indoor range. It's complete with 3d targets of north american game at various yardages out to 40yds. But we keep to the basic target range, just a paper ring target set at 20yds. Both bows are outfitted with Rip Cord drop rests, Eva Shockey models in blue. And React One pin sights. Also they give us Fletch Hook releases each anodised to match our bows. That was a nice and unexpected treat. Carlos says "Since we know your draw weights, once we set you for 20yds, you'll be all set. Take a few shots please."

Katie checks her sight making sure it's set to 20yds, then nocking an arrow, draws and takes aim. I can see she is rock steady, no wavering. She releases the arrow and nails dead center. With a woo hoo she says "Beat that aunt Freya!"

"Just watch child," I retort. Playfull banter was always the norm for our shooting group back home. With that I set the yardage marker, nock an arrow, hook on the release and draw smoothly and anchor, right index knuckle at the base of my ear, string against the tip of my nose. Sighting through the peep and align the pin. Using my elfin sight I zero in on the nock of Katies arrow. Nothing exists but for that nock. I release. My arrow hits her nock square on and splits her arrow.

Katie shrieks "OMG, aunt Freya that was a great shot!"

Carlos looks at us and says "Lucky first shots, but can you do that again? Robin Hoods are possible but rare." Katie nocks and draws a second arrow. This time at the upper right target. Again dead center, smiling smuggly. So I draw and shot the same target. And split her arrow again.

"I can do this all day, if you can!" I smile back to her. Carlos calls Helen over from the counter where she's on the phone with Richard. A minute later Richard comes running down the stairs two and three at a time, and joins Helen as she reaches the lane Carlos, Katie and I are at. Katie and I had both shot the other two target spots with the same results. The difference being that I went first on the second two. Katie and I hang our bows on the post on the shooting lane, then the five of us all walk to the target to inspect the results. Helen, Richard and Carlos are speechless.

When Richard recovers "We need pic...."

And Helen finishes "....tures and documention immediately Carlos! Richard, this has to go to the website ASAP. I'll see to it." With that there was a flurry of activity as we were posed with our bows on either side of the target showing the four bull's eyes and four Robin Hoods. It was neary dark when we finally left with our equipment stowed in the car, promising to visit whenever we had a chance, between work and school.

End of Chapter 8

up
241 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

cheaters! lol

Sadarsa's picture

I'm pretty sure Freya wouldnt approve of useing her gifts to cheat in a competition.... unless she wanted her warriors to prove a point?

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Accuracy with a bow could be

Accuracy with a bow could be considered more of a "skill" over a "gift" ... unless using enchanted bow(s) and arrow(s), so I doubt Freya will mind. :-)

Agreed

Mopar's picture

Thank you! I couldn't agree more.

I love it..

NoraAdrienne's picture

My older son inherited my sister in laws 40lb bow when he was in his teens. He shot that upstate at the farm for years before getting a custom compound bow for target shooting. Now my grandson has that family bow to learn on.

Bow

Mopar's picture

Great to hear. Start them young!

Bow shooting can be very

Bow shooting can be very enjoyable and fun. Using either a long bow, compound bow or even a crossbow. I would loved to have witnessed the two women shooting, as seeing an other arrow split is so extremely rare, that it makes making a hole in one or a 300 bowling game seem like ordinary things to achieve.

Four Robin Hoods in a row

Renee_Heart2's picture

Frya has to be impressed with her Ken to shoot so well. I wonder who the other 3 women will be that Frya will pick.

Love Samantha Renee Heart