Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2835

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2835
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
*****

I ran the DVD and waited as it booted up then gasped. “Which camera took these?”

“The one that points up towards the orchard.”

“Remarkable—oh look, she’s got him.”

“How long will she have him?”

“Three or four hours it can last.”

“How come they’re not extinct, ’cos it must hurt.”

“The urge to procreate is very strong in most species. He should be very grateful he’s a red fox not a praying mantis.”

“Is that the one that eats her mate while they do it?”

“Yes.”

“Gross.”

“From a human perspective, but chewing his head off makes him copulate even more powerfully and the protein he provides gives her eggs a better start. A total sacrifice to the continuation of the species.”

“So any male mantis walking about is either a virgin or gay?”

“I’d never thought of it like that.”

Sammi chuckled to herself, “Goodness I’ve made a professor see something differently.”

“Hey, I’m your mother not just any old know it all.”

“Oh, that’s different then.”

“I need a cuppa, have you put this on youtube yet?”

“Is it worth it?”

“Who knows, they have loads of very stupid ones, so this should be a bit more watchable by ordinary people.”

“Watch explicit, live sex on camera,” she said in an excited voice.

“Don’t say it too loud you’ll have Trish wanting to watch it.”

“Is she always obsessed with sex?”

“Only while she’s awake, why?”

“I just wondered.”

“She’s coming into puberty and was also abused at the home, she has some things to put into perspective before they can be integrated.”

“Sounds difficult.”

“She still sees Stephanie and I think she’s made quite a bit of progress.”

“Good.”

We reached the kitchen and I filled the kettle, because no one else ever seems to, and switched it on.

“So what happens with the foxes?” asked Sammi as we sat at the kitchen table sipping our teas.

“Once the preliminaries are over and copulation begins she goes into vaginal spasm which locks him inside her for a couple of hours or more.”

“So do all sexually experienced male foxes have scrotums that drag along the ground?” she asked laughing, “Poor little buggers.”

“It seems to work as fox populations appear to be quite high.”

“What with no hunting, you mean?”

“Most of the hunts ignore the ban and carry on regardless. Remember the law is there to protect the over-privileged at the expense of the poor.”

“So which category d’you come into?” she asked.

“Me? I’m a champagne socialist but not a backer of Mr Corbyn.”

“What was that about women in Germany being sexually harassed or assaulted on New Year’s Eve?”

“I only heard about it on the radio this morning, all I heard was they appeared to all be immigrant men who were the perpetrators and they seemed to be coordinating it across several German cities. I’m not sure what it was all about but I can’t believe it was done for positive reasons.”

“It’s quite frightening.”

“Yes it is, I presume these migrants must know European laws are different to Islamic law and should learn to adapt to their new homeland’s laws.”

“When in Rome?”

“Quite.”

“They certainly seem to think we should obey their laws when we go there.”

I decided I wasn’t going to get drawn into an argument on religion, my position was clear—I did not believe in any goddess or gods so wouldn’t countenance support for laws to enforce those fantasies.

“I don’t have a problem with that except they tend to protect their own people over visitors according to one or two folks I’ve met who’ve lived there.”

“Do we do the same?”

“I hope not.”

“Did you see those piccies on the internet about that trans woman in Italy who’s had loads of surgery.”

“No I haven’t.”

“She’s now got lips that take up half her face.”

“I think I’ll pass on looking at those.”

“She hasn’t had her dangly bits sorted but had her bum enhanced and boob jobs and so on, spent a fortune.”

“I suppose if you have the money, how you spend it is up to you.”

“Yeah, but she looks like a caricature, and a pretty bad one at that. I wondered if her plastic surgeon is blind.”

“Sounds like she has a real problem in accepting herself, in which case no amount of surgery will make her acceptable—sad—I think they call it dysmorphobia or something similar.”

“Sounds pretty gruesome. You’ve never felt anything like that?”

“All women have problems with some part of their bodies.”

“Do they? What is your one then?”

“Apart from the plumbing problem which has been sorted as best as they can, I suppose it’s lack of the internal bits and I could wish I was better looking.”

“What? You are beautiful.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Well I do, and you’ve got a drop dead gorgeous figure, unlike me.”

I thought the opposite, I thought she was more beautiful than I and with a better figure. “Looks like we’ll have to agree to disagree.”

She shook her head, “You are really good looking, Mummy. Just accept it and use it more like you did in the films you made.”

“What d’you mean?”

“Well in those two films you seduced every male and any lesbians watching, you were professional but sexy—I wish I could do it.”

So do I, I had no idea what she was talking about, I just stood in front of the camera and said what we’d agreed I’d say. Alan made the odd suggestion but most of it was my ideas or how I thought I should do it. So how was that sexy? I didn’t understand, I really didn’t.

She went off to finish playing with her computers leaving me feeling more inadequate than ever. I got the younger girls off to bed and read them a short story. Then it was a question of chasing Danielle up to bed, except when I looked she’d already gone and was asleep when I checked her room. I hoped she wasn’t going down with something. Finally, I announced I was going to bed to read another chapter of my Brunetti story, this one was very complex and about his efforts to determine whether a deaf mute was murdered or died accidentally.

I didn’t read for long, I couldn’t concentrate and put down my book and switched off the light. I don’t remember Simon coming to bed let alone him getting up again. But all too soon it was back to the grindstone and the daily chore of getting a handful of girls up and ready for school or work. It was bad enough now with the squabbles over the bathrooms what it would be like in a few years time I hated to contemplate, but at the moment there was nowhere else available to build extra bathrooms. Oh the joys of motherhood—and they were relatively well behaved for monsters.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
245 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another Typical Day At The Camerons

littlerocksilver's picture

Cathy, as beautiful as ever, is still filled with self doubt. Her children love her, someone slept in her bed and she just assumes it was Simon. Then there's those randy foxes.

Portia

Protecting the vulnerable weakens them…

Rhona McCloud's picture

… but if you don't protect them they will become extinct (unless they are cockroaches). Being vulnerable to threats of unemployment, manual and many skilled workers are usually under threat from laws, working conditions and technological advances so I wonder if the wage earner will become extinct.

Cathy's feeling of vulnerability on the other hand is part of her armoury. It seduces and draws in the unscrupulous, many of whom have met a sticky end while leaving Cathy stronger than ever.

Rhona McCloud

I doubt skilled workers

Angharad's picture

will become extinct in the near future, if at all. Currently there is a huge skill shortage in this country - the fault of numerous governments who had all the foresight of myopic bats - so instead of increasing training places they import from anywhere adding to things like the accommodation shortage. While the history books will hold them up as incompetent in the extreme more interested in internecine feuds over Brexit than making this country great again, or creaming off the profits to make the top 10% even richer. The ratio of director/chairman to shop floor worker is now ten times what it was fifty years ago. Greed is a disease that could bring about the ultimate extinction of humans, it certainly destroys individuals, families and communities. Humans are innately stupid and self destructive instead of using the brains they were given most give in to instant gratification and base emotions like greed and lust corrupting everything we touch. I despair for my species.

Angharad

The skilled are ever more highly productive…

Rhona McCloud's picture

… so fewer skilled workers are needed. Then again with more out of work the fewer the customers to buy the fruits of the work of the skilled. I admit to not understanding economics Angharad but that isn't a problem. The problems come from those who appear to understand economics but are really salesmen.

I do wonder how today's babies in the UK will get food and shelter in 20 years time when it is their time to have babies. Will it be a feudal society?

Rhona McCloud

Love the line,"carry on reguardless" used to be a great

Rally road race in Africa. The Buick Opel Rally won it a lot.
Always wondered how the bathrooms were handled. I mean, you can't do 'take a ticket' like at the deli counter.
Cathy's discussion about fox husbandry also applies to dogs at times.
Kinda reminds you of the 4 hour time limit on Viagra, doesn't it ?
Don't you think a Doctor should say no, once in a while ?

Cefin

Skilled labor

It's pounded into people, 'You must attend college'. well, most of these kids end up in menial jobs, while plumbers, electricians, and carpenters are getting scarce. The highly skilled factory worker, welders, and machinist's are out of work. The work being done by the not so skilled.
This partly the fault of Unions, more and more pay for workers. It started in the Northeast, with jobs going to South , were labour was cheaper, and taxes were lower. Finally the work went to Mexico, China, and Indonesia. Quality went down, but the product sold for less. Every one's happy, except the skilled labourer.

Cefin

Sammi and her issues...

I hope Cathy says or does something soon about Sammi's constant weight issues because I fear for Sammi's wellbeing. She is a thin girl so to be constantly seeing herself as fat or not the beauty that she is makes me believe she might have develop an eating disorder to go along with her constant anxiety...

This is especially troubling as the three 11 year olds are coming up on the age when other girls are vicious about the changes in them...

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Luckily for the male mantis

It apparently is not a one hundred cert that he will be eaten, more like thirty percent. The male does apparently try very hard to choose a non-aggressive female. Still, those are pretty poor odds.

Conversations

Christina H's picture

The conversation about body image, and other sundry topics are just like I have with my 'assorted daughter's' and occasional lodgers which tend to leave my head spinning.
We could have the same problem with toilets but luckily my house is a big old Victorian mill owners house and we have more bathrooms than you can shake a stick at.

And as for a non aggressive preying Mantis - how does the male tell the difference most male's can't tell the time!

Christina