A Mother's Love - Vol. 1.04

Printer-friendly version
breastfeeding.jpg
          

Jules turned in her chair. She did a double take and put her hand to her mouth, obviously surprised.

"Am I that ugly?" I asked.

"No Steve, not at all, in fact you make a very attractive woman"


 

A Mother's Love - Part 4

by Alys

Part 4


 

I sat in the small staff lounge, I was grateful that there was no-one else there. I didn't remember how I had got there, just some vague idea of Jules taking my arm as I wept and leading my along the corridor.

I picked up the package and took out the letter, I steeled myself to read the difficult first sentences again

'Dear Steve

I'm sorry, I can't go on like this. Being with you has felt more and more like being with another woman and after yesterday on the phone when you told me about wearing my clothes I knew that you were no longer the man I married. Please forgive me if you can.

You have been the most wonderful husband and the sacrifices you made for Bekka were something you should have not had to make. I blame myself for the whole situation. I got drunk one night and I will pay for it for the rest of my life.

Every time I see you feeding Bekka it reminds of what I can't do and what I shouldn't have done in the first place. You are better off without me in your life. I don't know how long I will be relatively healthy either so how can I commit to look after our child. You can have the house and custody. I'm going to try and make the best of what I have left.

I am so sorry, please forgive me.

Mary'

Jules came out from the kitchen with two mugs of coffee.

"Can I see," she said," well only if you think it's appropriate"

I handed her the letter, she sat down and read in silence. She placed the letter down on the table and sat back with her coffee. I picked up the letter and put it in the package. There was silence between us for a few minutes.

"Mary seems very confused and in distress, Steve" Jules said, speaking as if she was choosing her words carefully.

"I don't know what to think" I replied," she has been down ever since the birth. Last week she said that she needed to get away to think things through. I hoped that she would be back"

"I'm sorry, Steve, I don't know what to say. Maybe she will change her mind. What was the thing about her clothes?"

I explained about the dress, the delivery driver and Mary not recognising my voice on the phone.

Jules smiled briefly.

"It all sounds pretty harmless but it seems to have provoked a severe over reaction in Mary"

Our discussion was cut short by my pager calling me to feed my daughter.

"I've got to feed Bekka now, Jules," I said picking up my package with the letter and the ring.

"Can I come?"

I nodded my head. We walked quickly, in silence, towards the nursery. Janis looked harassed as she held Bekka in her arms while feeding another of her charges in his chair. I briefly introduced Jules to her and then took Bekka to feed her in the comfortable chair in the back room.

As Bekka suckled my deep depression lifted a little. At least I had someone who needed and depended on me, even if my wife had decided that she no longer had a place for me in her life.

"You both look so peaceful there," said Jules after a little while.

I smiled and gently stroked Bekka's head.

"It's such a beautiful experience to be able to supply Bekka's needs from my own body," I replied, " I'm lucky in another way too"

"What way are you lucky?" Jules asked.

"Not many women who induce lactation have enough milk for their babies, they usually need supplementary feeding" I replied.

"Yes I can see that you are larger than me in the boob department," Jules commented.

"Thanks to my Mum and my sister's DD's, I guess," I said, smiling a little.

"Yes, I guess it must be genetic," Jules said.

There was quiet between us for a little while.

"Jules, are you busy after work?" I asked.

"No, why?" she replied.

"I wondered whether you would be able to spend some time at my place, maybe have tea? I don't want to go home to an empty house" I said

"Listen," she replied," why don't I go and see Susan and ask if we can have the rest of the afternoon off and I'll take you home"

"Are you sure?," I asked, "oh what about my car?"

"I'd like to help you know. You can leave your car in the staff garage, it'll be secure there overnight." Jules stated.

"Yes that's a good idea, it's probably safer than outside my house. But what about work....?"

"I could give you a lift?"

"It's a bit out of your way, Jules"

"It'll be OK for one day and anyway an excuse to get up a bit earlier for once."

"Thanks Jules"

She left me with my daughter and went to look for Mrs Williams our line manager.

Almost an hour later Jules had fought her way through the mid-afternoon traffic and we had reached the haven of my street.

The afternoon went quickly as I tidied and cleaned a little while Jules amused Bekka with some nice noisey toys.

"It is an amazing thing to see you feeding Bekka," Jules said as I was giving Bekka her evening feed while Jules prepared an omelet and salad for the two of us.

"It's only what any loving parent would do if they had to, Jules," I responded.

"I don't know any other man I have ever met who would have done what you are doing Steve," she said.

"You know what, Jules, I never even considered what other men would do when I agreed to take the hormones, it just seemed that I had no choice but to ensure that my daughter had the best start in the world"

After we had eaten our meal and I had tidied up, Jules indicated that she needed to get back to her own place, which was another half an hour's drive to the North East of the city.

"Before I go though, I am a bit curious about what you might say was , 'what the butler saw', or in your case, 'what the delivery driver saw'"

"What do you mean?" I asked before the penny dropped and I laughed," you want to see me in Mary's dress?"

"Just for fun, only if you feel up to it after earlier on," she responded.

"I'm not sure," I said and then after a couple of seconds, "well it might be useful, you can give me an objective viewpoint after what Mary said about it feeling like being with another woman"

I went to our bedroom and changed into the push up bra, low cut dress and wig from the previous day. On an impulse I added some lipstick and went back to the kitchen where Jules was sitting with her back to me reading a magazine.

"Well? What do you think?" I asked.

Jules turned in her chair. She did a double take and put her hand to her mouth, obviously surprised.

"Am I that ugly?" I asked.

"No Steve, not at all, in fact you make a very attractive woman"


To Be Continued...

 
End of Part Four

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

He's A Wonderful Man

joannebarbarella's picture

I certainly don't know any "normal" man who would do what Steve's doing. The love here is unique and so touching. Even if his wife was down she should have been a little more appreciative of his sacrifice instead of making that dismissive comment about living with another woman,
Disgusted from Dublin,
Joanne

wow

this is like sifi wow but on the other hand you get taken in to this like tham story on tv all day the ladys watch who did who and y and were at ,but not here it starts out than gets twisted.wow got more ,have a good one and dont stop yet
[email protected]

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

I wonder what effect

Angharad's picture

the different hormones would have had upon his emotions, maybe it was like being with another woman. Plus we don't know what issues Mary is dealing with and what help she's getting. Faced with an incurable disease, it could make anyone of us selfish, I'm surprised however that she has withdrawn from her only child or is that a degree of shame and self flagellation?

Another interesting episode.

Diolch, Alys.

Angharad

Angharad

Geez

Sounds like some serious Post partum depression going on here, along with quite a few other things. She desperately needs counseling, both alone and with her hubby.

I'm thinking Post Partum ontop of grieving for her disease

How long do well managed patients with HIV live? Can they still have sexual relations taking precausions and be safe from infecting others?

Is there any hope of a true cure or is a protective vacine still the only likely improvement over the current drug therapies to slow/stop it's progression?

Lots of questions and the other big factor is as depressed as Mary is, is she off her meds? Then the disease may progress rapidly. She sounds suicidal.

Very sad. Maybe she would do better to stay in the lives of her child and husband but separated and help to find him someone to replace her in the end. I'd hate to see him have to be a woman full time for his child. SRS would be too much of a sacrifice, he is loving man, not a TG from what we have to go on so far. He would not be happy that way but he might do it for the child out of grief over Mary. Mary has left him inpart for what her horrid mistake forced him to do to nuture their child when she could not. She feels guilty he is now half female to feed their child, she feels unclean and usless.

He is a wonderful man and deserves a loving partener, something the distraught Mary can never be again I fear. I seriously worry she will kill herself. She needs a professional intervention yesterday. Letting her find her self will be fatal for her.

Great stuff, and sad.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

HIV and health

John -- I used to work for an agency who helped HIV+ folks in Toledo, and here's what I learned:

1) If you take your meds on time and under the proper conditions, and have regular meetings with your doctors, there's nothing to believe someone with HIV can't live a productive life for decades.

2) HIV is a SOB when it comes to trying to find a vaccine. It has this nasty tendency to adapt and change, meaning virologists have job security in developing and adapting the cocktail to the changes in the virus. The current cocktail is a suppressant.

I agree that she's suffering from a major case of guilt, coupled with the post-partum depression and a whole lot of envy that she can't feed her baby due to the HIV.

there is an issue with the data used

dawnfyre's picture

I have personally known people who have lived for 30+ years with HIV, and others that only lasted 6 months.

The biggest factor in the speed of progression that is ignored by the studies is, the "party" mindset.
A lot of the rapid decline patients decide on hearing the diagnoses that they are going to party hard and go quickly, instead of living a longer life with the virus.

That skews the data set.

Enrique shared birthday with me, just hours separating our ages, his HIV took him away in 1997, at 32 years old. The last 3 months in hospital with major infections causing dementia. He was religious in taking his medications correctly and doing everything he could to have a long life. A winter cold turned into pneumonia and he never got out of the hospital.

Oddly, even with the high risk life I led when younger, I never caught any std, not even herpes simplex [ aka Cold Sores ] To date I still come up clean on an std test series, other than the failed twinrix vaccination giving a positive for hep b.

working in the DTES I was informed bout a special protocol St. Pauls had developed for people with a high risk of accidental exposure to HIV. The complete, high dose drug regimen for a month from the date exposed [ boy would that make you sick ] with HIV tests day 1 and day 5 and last day. if still no indication of HIV at day 5, then they would end the drug treatment at day 7.

apparently it has effectively "cured" those infected when it is started the day of infection.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.

I must say that Jules is...

... interesting. It's nice how Steve can put on a dress & wig and turn from a nice guy into an attractive woman. I know quite a few people who'd love to be able to pull that trick. :-) Nice that it's fiction.

As to guys that would be willing to "sacrifice" like Steve has for his daughter. Well I believe that there ARE a few I've known that would have done so... Not many I'll admit, but a few.

Still a very interesting story. It's nice that Steve's so appreciated at work too.

Annette

Not necessarily

fiction that he can pass as a women. Between voice, hormones ( also anti-androgens! ) and he now has a set of hooters, mind you, it is indeed possible to be mistaken for a woman. A baby in your arms helps too :).

But seriously, how long will he have to be on this program ? It depends on when he wants to breast feed of course. One site I googled suggests that babies have no desire to be weaned for at least 8 to 9 months after starting. Also, for that website, it states that breast feeding runs for an average of 2 to 3 years.

The point of all this is that the longer he is on the program the more potentially feminine he will be. This should prove VERRRRY interesting.

Kim

There's a difference between...

... passing and being attractive. I have no question he could pass. I've known many (well several) guys that with minimal help could pass. I was just commenting on the "attractive" side.

As to how long - One of my daughters weened shortly after the first tooth. The other much later.

And, I agree that the longer he's doing this, the more it affects his mind and how he thinks of himself. It'll be interesting to see how the author takes things.

Annette

A Mother's Love-4

It takes a man with great love for his child to do what he has done. From taking the hormones, he has basically chosen to give up on any masculine attributes. The question whether or not he will complete the transition or try to return to his former self later on.

May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Maternal Love

He really has his priorities right: his own child comes first! Seems that the only thing not going right for him is his relationship with ex-wife Mary. But perhaps becoming more of a woman and really changing from paternal to maternal love (which he has mostly done already) will help there too!

I wonder how his bosses will react when they really understand that their new "high flier" is turning into a woman... Their reaction so far has been good, but still ...

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

I Hope That Mary Changes Her Mind

jengrl's picture

I really hope that Mary comes to her senses and realizes that she needs to be there for her child. I hope that Steve can track her down and get her some help. If I found out that I had a terminal illness, I would want to spend as much time with the people I loved as I could. It is a sad situation already. Turning her back on her husband and child is an even worse mistake. In the end, love and family are all we have left to hold on to.

Hugs,

Jenn

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

make up your mind i been to

make up your mind

i been to this website 3 time in one day and each time there a different picture on this story.

it not important but you know

good story by the way

I got here late

laika's picture

...and everyone else has pretty much said it all. I like the way the contents
of Mary's letter were split between chapters 3 and 4; in 3 it sounded like a very
brusk kiss-off, the additional material softening the impact slightly. Less ogreish.
This is a lot gentler paced than RAINBOW GIRL, which compared to this seemed a bit outlinish in places,
the stuff it rushed past..... Steve's female co-workers all seem supportive and admiring of this father acting as nursemaid, bonding with bekka in ways few dads do; what'll the guys think?
~~~hugs, LAIKA

The Guys don't know :-)

Only two of Steve's women work colleagues know, Jules and his line manager Susan, plus the nursery nurse. The guys in the workplace don't know.

Hugs

Alys