Home Free 2

Printer-friendly version

placeholder

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A good read as always.

I like the start! BTW, is Lifeline still a going concern? Was enjoying that one too.

Cindy Jenkins

Home Free

That is the end of 'HF'.. I wrote it simply as a short. At some point, I want to compile a second short story collection, and that was a possible piece for it.

Lifeline continues, but it is at a crucial stage in the plot, and I have been working a LOT recently. I was also attacked a week ago, so I am only just getting the words flowing once more.

Darn

You made me cry at least three times.

Well done!

I'm so glad she went to Britain

In the U.S. right now ICE would hold her for months in a men's detention center (prison) while they tried to send her back for a thief.

Welkome home

Beautiful. We all need a home where we can be just ourselves.

Anne Margarete

Goodonya!

Another grand yarn from one of my favorite writers.

Linda Jeffries
Too soon old, too late smart.
Profile.jpg

After part 1, I wondered if or how this would fit

any of your earlier work. The connection is something I have come to expect from your earlier stories.
And then a red-headed "security" officer at Gatwick and I knew! You didn't need to name her, I already had!
I'm looking forward to following this one through. My sympathies for your recent tribulations,
Best wishes
Dave

A Brave, Brave Girl

joannebarbarella's picture

And it was good to see that, after a slightly rocky start, she got a proper reception from the authorities. The scars on her back from the flogging provided concrete evidence for her asylum claim.

I worked in Bahrain for a while and the Saudis would drive across the causeway on Thursday afternoons, get pissed out of their brains in one of the international hotels and then make total nuisances of themselves groping and forcing themselves on the Filipina girls who mostly were the musicians and entertainers in those establishments.

The story is complete as it stands but it would be nice to know how she settles in.

Is that rail bridge still called the Balcombe Viaduct?

Viaduct

It is officially the Ouse Valley Viaduct but, yes, also Balcombe Viaduct. My late partner drove me out many years ago for my first look. Wonderful structure!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouse_Valley_Viaduct

As for the continuation, I just felt like writing a stand-alone feel-good piece. The trouble with 'feel-good' is that it only really works with some 'feel-bad' as a contrast.

a good stand alone

but the part of the story I would like to see more of if you decide to write more is what came before this. Her experiences in realizing she is trans and acting on it in a conservative Muslim country would be out of the normal range of stories here.