Never Wanted To Be A Girl Chp.21

Printer-friendly version

“They're moving out now, number one.” Nelson watched as the three SUV’s leave the parking garage.

“Roger, number two. Keep your eyes on them and wait for our signal.” Juan watches from his perch.

He hopes that the plan they laid out will pay off. The research he did into each bodyguard had proven very fruitful. It also revealed that he and the others didn’t want to get into hand-to-hand combat with a few of them either.

“Alright number five, make them take the route we want them to take.” Tippet looks at the local hacker they hired to tap into the traffic control computer.

“Do it.”

“No problem, man.” Hector cracks his knuckles as he begins his hack into the city’s traffic control computer.

The money they were paying him for this job and the new id’s they gave him to relocate, bought his loyalty. He starts his hack into the city traffic computer and starts controlling the stoplights. He also sends out several false police emergencies that should keep the police busy.

Carol’s Resident:
Carol was getting ready for the court case. Every detail had been worked out for the safety of her witnesses. She was told by Mr. Wolfhart that arrangements had been made for a protection detail to come by and pick her up.

She finishes getting ready and grabs her briefcase. She grabs her coffee cup and heads towards the front door, to see if her ride was here.
She spots a black Audi RS7 pull up into her driveway. The passenger side door opens and an older Latino man dresses in a black suit and wearing black shades come walking up to the front door.

Carol watches as the gentleman knocks on the door.

“What can I do for you?” Carol was speaking on the ring device that she installed.

“I’m Mr. Brown and I was sent by Mr. Wolfhart to escort you to the courthouse.” Mr. Brown kept his eyes peeled for any trouble.

“What’s the passphrase?” Carol was told that her escorts would have a passphrase.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" Mr. Brown hated that passphrase.

Carol opens the door and smiles at Mr. Brown. She could see that he was uncomfortable with the passphrase.

“What’s wrong, don’t like the passphrase, Mr. Brown?” Carol walks out of her place and closes the door behind her.

“It’s a little weird, but I can see why you chose that one, counselor.”

Carol just smiles as she follows Mr. Brown to the car, he came in. She watches as Mr. Brown opens the back-passenger door and holds it open, for her.

“Thanks.”

Carol looks at the driver and notices he was an older African American.

“I presume, that you are Mr. Black.”

“You presume correctly, Mrs. Higgins.” Mr. Black looks at Carol Higgins in the rear-view mirror.

Mr. Brown looks at them “let’s get moving. We need to get to the courthouse as quickly as possible.”

Mr. Black backs the Audi out of the driveway and head towards the courthouse. They had already decided on a predetermined route for Mrs.
Higgins's safety. As they take the route that they laid out. Carol receives a text letting her know the three witnesses are on the route as well.
Witnesses:

“Tell me again why you and I got the short straw on driving the SUV and Richard and Edward got the witness in the cars?” Grace looks at her partner for an answer.

She and Anthony have been working together since she joined Dark Angel Protection Agency. It had been a weird meeting because she was tasked with teaching a martial arts class that day. Anthony and several other new recruits had come in for class and saw her. Most of them knew she was a recruit like them and couldn't understand, why she was teaching. She had modified the academy's martial arts training program, with the director's permission.

The style the company taught, was based on the army version, with a few mix martial arts techniques thrown in. The style she came up with, was based on all the different techniques she knew. The technique she formed focused on avoiding an attack, letting her opponent wear themselves down. Anthony was the biggest in the group, so she used him to demonstrate the techniques.

“Because Richard and Edward are partners. They are also amateur race car drivers and they make more sense to escort our client in the other
car. Face it Grace, you and I are the brawlers, while they are the dancers.” Anthony watches the road as they lead the other two SUVs.

Richard and Edward along with the other bodyguards wait and watch as the SUV’s pull out of the parking garage. They were going to give the SUV’s a good head start and then leave by a different route.

“You think whoever the camera picked up last night will fall for this plan?” Edward looks at his partner.

“There’s no way they wouldn’t. Only our team knew what the plan was. Mr. Blake wasn’t taking any chances on this contract.” Richard knew
Mr. Blake never took chances with other people's lives.

Just as they are pulling out, they receive word that the SUV’s were under attack.

"Unit 1 to unit 2&3, take alternate route to the courthouse." Richard wanted to put as much distance from the SUV's as possible.

"Roger unit 1."

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahhhhh the old shell

Samantha Heart's picture

Game at work have a decoy worked out just incase SMART plan.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Give 'em what you want them to know

Jamie Lee's picture

As long as the system is tight the bad guys can be fed the information you want them to have. And when they know what you want them to know, the main party can travel another way. And the bad guys get a surprise of their lives.

Others have feelings too.