Project: Night Bird Chapter 22

Printer-friendly version

Carol pulls up into Katie’s driveway and notices that Katie’s Jeep was in the driveway. She stops in front of it and gets out of her small pick-up truck. She grabs her cleaning supplies from the back and walks up to the front door.

She reaches into her left pocket and pulls the front door key out and unlock the door. She peeks inside and notices that Katie and Jessica were still asleep in the bedroom. She walks in and closes the door quietly behind her.

It’s not the first time she has come over like she was supposed to and found Katie asleep in her bedroom, while she cleaned the house. She heads towards the kitchen first to start cleaning. She could tell someone must have cleaned in the kitchen. She notices that one of the windows panes in the back door was missing.

Carol goes about cleaning the kitchen and taking the trash out to the garbage can. She puts the recyclables in the proper cans. When she walks back inside the house, she notices Katie was up and wearing nothing.

“Rough night, last night?” As Carol watches Katie over near the counter she just finishes cleaning.

“Sort of. I had a visitor last night.” Katie brews some coffee.

“Anyone, you know?” Carol knew Katie was a former helicopter pilot from the army and her cousin was a former CIA agent.

She also knew she had a brother that was a cop and an older sister that was an English professor. She had another older brother that was a conductor on a train.

“Yes and no. The person that I found in my house last night, had a tattoo from the same unit I use to belong too, but I didn’t recognize her.” Katie was still puzzled about who she was.

Jessica comes stumbling into the kitchen and over to Katie and kisses her. She walked right by Carol and she didn’t have any clothes on.

“You know if I didn’t already have a rich sugar mommy. I might consider having sex with you two.” Carol had a teasing smile on her face.

“You would never cheat on Elizabeth. You two are too much in love.” Katie knew Elizabeth and how she flipped head over heels when she met Carol.

Carol liked older women over younger women. Elizabeth loved the fact a younger girl like Carol loved her. Elizabeth was a rich businesswoman and owned several companies. Carol on the other hand owned her own cleaning business.

That was how the two of them met. Elizabeth hired Carol to come and clean up after a big party she threw. One thing led to another and the two of them got married six months later. Carol continued cleaning houses and took on two more employees.

“Who said anything about cheating? Don’t you know, my wife wants to have sex with the two of you?”

“Oh!” Katie didn’t know that.

Jessica looked surprised. She didn’t know Elizabeth wanted to have sex with her and Katie. Being a lesbian was still new to Jessica. She has only been out of the closet for six months now.

Carol noticed how Jessica blushed from her comment about her wife wanting to have sex with her. A smile appears on her face, as she heads into the living room and starts cleaning up.

“So, what do you want to do about our visitor from last night?” Jessica wanted to know where they came from and why were they so beat up.

“I’m going to call the base hospital and see how she is. Afterward, I’m going to call Cora to see if she can backtrack where she came from.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Jessica walks over to Katie and places a kiss on her.

Once the coffee was ready, Katie and Jessica both pour a cup for themselves, before heading back to the bedroom. Katie stops before she heads into the bedroom “you don’t need to worry about the bedroom, today Carol.”

“Alright, Katie. I just have to finish dusting and clean your bathroom.” Carol had her duster out and was dusting one of Katie’s tall bookcases.

“I don’t know if Jessica and I got all the blood from last night.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll get it.” Carol knew she could clean all the blood away.

Katie grabs her cellphone and looks up Cora’s number. She knew if there was anyone who could backtrack the trail the woman took to get to her place, Cora could.

Cora’s Place:
Cora was enjoying a hot cup of tea and filling out some paperwork for the government. They wanted a report on how she tracked down where Lucy was. As she finishes writing the report. Her cellphone starts ringing. She glances at the number and notices it was Katie’s number. She presses the accept button “Hey Katie, what can I do for you?”

“I need your help with a problem. I had a visit last night from a badly beaten up woman, but I don’t know where she came from. Can you come over and backtrack where she came from?”

“Sure, I can do that. Do you know the woman?”

“I don’t have a clue on who she is. I’m hoping the base hospital can identify her.” Katie was still puzzled about who the woman was.

“Alright, give me an hour-n-half to arrive.” Cora was done with the report.

“Okay, I’ll see you then.” Katie ends the call.

Jessica walks over and sits down on Katie’s lap. Neither one of them has gotten dressed yet.

“So, is Cora going to come over and backtrack where our visitor came from?” Jessica liked sitting on Katie’s lap.

“Yes, she asked me to give her an hour-n-half.”

“Cool, that gives me some time to molest you.” Jessica starts kissing Katie.

Indian Reservation:
Cora was heading towards the entrance to the Indian reservation when she spots an emo color long hair girl with fair skin limping down the road leading to the trading post. The poor thing looked like she has been out in the sun because her skin had a pinkish color to it. It dawns on
Cora who the girl was. She pulls into the trade post parking lot and waits for the girl to arrive.

Melissa spots a souped-up, grey Camero Z28 pull into the parking lot of the trading post she had been heading for. She spots a person get out of the car and stand near it. As she gets closer, she notices that it was Cora Black. She started feeling embarrassed because Cora had already helped her out once before.

“What happened to you, Melissa?” Cora saw how untidy Melissa looked.

“I was tossed out of a moving truck. The truck driver I was riding with, found out I wasn’t a genetic girl. So, he got violent with me.” Melissa couldn’t believe the truck driver she was with, tried to kill her.

“What were you doing with a truck driver, Melissa?” Cora gives Melissa a stern look.

Melissa squirms under Cora’s intense gaze “I was going to have sex with him. I need the money, Cora. My boss cut back my hours and I don’t have enough money to see my doctor.”

Cora sighs “look, I have a friend that needs my help. You’re welcome to join me or I can call a cab for you and have them take you home.”

“If you don’t mind. I rather come with you.” Melissa didn’t want to head back to her apartment.

She was afraid she might run into her landlord and she knew how he felt about prostitutes. He has been known to toss people out of their place if there was any prostitution going on in the building.

“Alright, is there anything you would like from the trading post?”

“Something cold to drink and maybe a sandwich, please?” Melissa gives Cora a pleading look.

“Alright, get in my car and I’ll get you something to eat and drink.” Cora starts walking towards the entrance.

“Thanks, Cora.” Melissa walks over and sits down in the Camero.

She takes her shoes off and relaxes against the soft cloth of the seats. She was glad Cora showed up when she did. The bastard made her jump out of the semi-truck while they were still moving.

She spots Cora coming out of the trading post a few minutes later with a brown bag in her hand. She hopes Cora got a big sandwich because she hasn’t eaten since yesterday morning.

“Here you go, Melissa. I got you a foot-long ham and cheese with plenty of veggies and a large sweet tea.” Cora hands the bag to Melissa.

“Thank you, Cora.” Melissa accepts the bag and digs the drink and sandwich out.

She takes a huge sip of the tea first, to satisfied her thirst. Then she takes a huge bite out of her sandwich. She moans as she tastes the spread and ingredients in the sandwich.

Cora looks at Melissa as she drives towards Katie “start from the beginning and tells me exactly what is going on with you.”

“Can I tell you after I finish eating, please?” Melissa was enjoying the sandwich and drink.

“Yes, you can.” Cora figures there is more going on that Melissa isn’t telling her.

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

If the boss is doing what I think

Samantha Heart's picture

He may no longer BE a boss after Cora gets done with him. As for the other issue of the woman from Kaite's former unit I wonder whats up there?

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Mysteries pile upon mysteries

Jamie Lee's picture

Having that unit tattoo was a sure way to get Katey's attention. So might it be that the battered, and shot, woman knew where Katey lived and that the tattoo would get her attention?

Wonder where the woman's trail leads back too? Wonder who is the snake this time? Might it again lead back to Lucy's ex and it was him who created the unidentified woman?

What is Melissa's story? Was she kicked out of the house because her parents only had a son and couldn't tolerate him becoming their daughter? If so, it seems she's been having a rough time surviving. Maybe Cora knows someone who can give Melissa the help she needs, and get her off the "streets."

Others have feelings too.