Family Business Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Lilly wakes up and stretches as she stares up at the ceiling above her. She felt so energized and rested, which was something she hasn’t felt in a while. She slides out of bed and slips the robe that Mouse gave her to wear.

She wonders if Mouse was already up and about as she heads towards the kitchen. When she walks into the kitchen, she spots Mouse talking to a young girl dressed in a black lace bodysuit and faded blue jeans. The blue jeans looked like someone had painted them onto the girl. She had dark brown hair that was cut short.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

“You’re not Lilly. This is Katja and she is a courier that works for my uncle. Katja, this is my new friend Lilly.”

“It's nice to meet you, Lilly.” Katja holds her petite hand out to shake Lilly’s.

Lilly notices that when she goes to shake Katja’s hand, that her fingernails were painted a coppery red color. She wonders why Katja painted her nails that color.

“That’s a unique color on your fingernails.”

“Thanks, it's one of my favorite colors.” A friendly smile appears on Katja’s angelic face.

Lilly couldn’t believe how young and angelic Katja looked. She couldn’t be any more than thirteen or fourteen years old. She had the physical build of a gymnast.

“Well, I better get going. I have several more stops I need to make. It was nice meeting you, Lilly.”

“And you as well, Katja.” Lilly watches as Katja leaves the apartment.

“There’s coffee and whatever you would like for breakfast, Lilly.” Mouse figures Lilly could decide what she wanted to eat.

“Thanks.” Lilly walks into the kitchen and looks at what was available to make breakfast for herself.

Lilly noticed the kitchen and refrigerator were well stocked. She grabs a few items to make a breakfast sandwich of eggs, bacon, and cheese
on toasted bread slices. As she is cooking, she notices that Mouse was watching her.

“What?”

“Nothing, you just seem so domesticated.” Mouse had a playful smile on her face.

“I enjoy cooking. I use to do it a lot when I had a place of my own.” Lilly misses her old place and all the things she had to give away.

“Well, you can always get a new place and start again. Also, I figure today I would treat you to a full-body makeover at one of those Japanese spas I have heard so much about, and afterward, we can go shopping and update your wardrobe.” Mouse saw what condition Lilly’s clothes were when she took them out of the dryer and Lilly was going to need a major upgrade.

“Mouse, why are you willing to spend so much money on me?” Lilly looks at Mouse and her unusual haircut and coloring.

“Because, like I told you before. My adopted mother took a London street rat off the streets of London and gave her a better life. I am only
trying to pass on what was done for me to someone who needs it now. Besides, it's nice to be pampered every once in a while.” Mouse had a sweet smile on her face.

“I just don’t want to be treated as a charity case is all.”

“Oh, you’re not. Trust me on that one. When your done eating breakfast, we’ll leave and go to the spa. We’re also going to have lunch with my
aunt Anika later on this afternoon.” Mouse had received a text from her aunt, inviting her and her new friend to lunch.

A few hours later, Lilly and Mouse were in one of the most expensive dress shops in New York city with Lilly trying on outfit after outfit on. Mouse was checking her out and looking at which outfits look good on Lilly and which ones didn’t.

“How does this one look, on me?” Lilly turns slowly so Mouse good check her out.

“That one looks better than the first two before it. That one is a keeper.” Mouse liked how Lilly looked in it.

“Cool.” Lilly liked the outfit she had on.

She has stopped looking at the prices after the first few she tried on. Mouse told her not to worry about how much the clothes were going to cost. She had it covered. That also included the shoes to go with the outfits.

Lilly tries on a few more outfits before Mouse reminds her, they were having lunch with her aunt. Lilly goes to change out of the outfit she had on.

“Lilly, pick out one of your new outfits to wear to lunch.” Mouse remembered they were going to a high-end restaurant for lunch.

“Okay.” Lilly looks at all the new clothing she and Mouse picked out. She chooses a nice off-the-shoulder dress.

She puts the dress on and looks around for the shoes they found to go with it. After searching for them after a while, she finds them. She puts the shoes on and carries everything up and takes it to the cashier.

After checking out, Mouse puts all of Lilly’s new purchases in the trunk of the Charger she was driving. She liked how Lilly was dressed. She looked like a respectable businesswoman.

Dominic’s Steak:
Anika looks at the little girl she was holding in her arms. Aylin had found her in a dumpster with her umbilical cord and placenta still attached to her. Someone had placed her inside a trash bag and tossed it into the dumpster. If Aylin hadn’t heard her whimper while chasing after a crook, she would have died.

Anika couldn’t believe how quiet she was while being held. The doctor Aylin and Mark took her too, hadn’t found anything wrong with her. Her hair color looked to be heading towards a strawberry red color. It was still too early to tell, but the child had red hair with some blonde highlights mixed into it. She had fair skin and the brightest green eyes Anika has ever seen.

Anika just stares into Kiera’s bright green eyes “you were lucky your big sister came along when she did, Kiera.”

The little girl just looks up at Anika. A smile appears on her face as she yawns.

“Hey Aunt Anika, watch you got in your hands?” Mouse looks at her aunt, as she sits down.

Lilly sits down across the table from Anika. She notices that she was holding a little red-haired girl in her arms. She wonders whose child she was. Because Anika had shoulder-length blonde hair.

“My new daughter.” Anika looks at Mouse and her new friend.

The woman looked to be in her early twenties. She also noticed she was watching her as well. A smile appears on Anika’s face.

“You’re new daughter? When did this happen?” Mouse was curious.

“While you were away gambling in New Jersey. Aylin found the poor child abandoned and thrown into a dumpster.”

“Did the baby still have her cord and placenta still attached to her?” Lilly was curious.

“Yes, why?” Anika looks at Lilly for an answer.

“Sometimes, girls who got pregnant by their boyfriends or lovers will give birth and toss the child into the trash. I’ve seen it done a few times while living on the streets.” Lilly figures Anika must already know a little bit about her, being Mouse’s aunt.

“Don’t they know there are safe havens where they can leave the child, with no questions asked?” Anika couldn’t believe a mother could be so foolhardy to do something like that.

“You’re talking about scared teenage girls or women who don’t want their parents or lovers to find out.” Lilly has seen a lot on the streets.

“Still, that’s no excuse.” Anika looks down at Keira.

“Have you told my mother and uncle Jack yet?” Mouse looks over at the little girl.

“Nope, the only people who know are Aylin and her boyfriend. None of my other agents know yet.” Anika hasn’t told any of her team yet.

“Well, if you don’t tell grandma that you are adding a new member to the family, she’s going to be upset and she’ll want to meet your new child as well.” Mouse knew how her grandmother felt about wanting to meet her new children and grandchildren.

“You, young lady know too much.” Anika smiles at Mouse.

“That’s because I spend time with grandma. How about you Lilly? Did you ever spend time with your grandmother?” Mouse was curious about her new friend.

“As much as I could, before she died a few years ago, in her sleep.” Lilly misses her grandmother.

Their waitress shows up to take their order.

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Anika better tell the family

Samantha Heart's picture

Cause if Mouse does.... Anika will never gear the end of it lol. Lilly can help I'm sure some how to get understanding out there to the women & girls on the street or what ever that, just because you had an unwanted child don't just throw it away like trash. There ARE other options out there.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Speaking of being told

Why do I get the feeling neither children's services nor the police have been told about this baby? You know it could be that the mother isn't the one that threw the baby in the dumpster. The sperm donor might have done it, or perhaps the putative grandmother or grandfather, or another family member or friend. Not saying that is likely, but you never know, do you?

Sounds like a beautiful baby, if you like that sort of thing. But they do have a way of warping minds and clouding judgement.

I don't think Lilly has any street clout that would help get the word out about safe places to leave unwanted babies. Women and girls on the street don't trust the government, and for good reasons.

Addendum: From FB #4 I'm waiting to see Jorge be punished for throwing Mouse and Lilly out of his diner. I also can't wait for Lilly's backstory. Also, how old is Lilly? Is she even 18 yet? Maybe Jack would pay to repair Lilly's problem. That's if the Countess or Mouse don't.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

New friend

WillowD's picture

The new friend seems to be blending in well. I hope she turns out to be a keeper in these stories.

Katja

Don't have a clue how old Katja is, but the black lace bodystocking w/ a pair of blue jeans (suitably aged) sounds kinda hot. If she works for Jack she's likely older than she looks.

1 thing I don't get, what is the deal with the nail polish? Sounds perfectly normal to me.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive