Family Business Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Asher follows behind Mouse as she enters the townhouse. He follows her into the kitchen and watches as she puts the donuts she was carrying down on the counter. He’s surprised when a young teenage girl comes rushing in and over to Mouse.

Mouse had just put the box of donuts on the counter when she is hugged from behind. She turns around in the person's arms and saw it was Zoey. She was still wearing her pajamas.

“Well, good morning to you as well.” Mouse hugs Zoey.

“She’s been worried about you. She knew you weren’t in the house.” Chris had followed Zoey downstairs from the bedroom they slept in. He also noticed the young man standing in the kitchen as well.

“I woke up early and knew there wasn’t any food in the townhouse. So, I went down the street and got donuts and coffee for everyone. Also, I would like you to meet Asher.”

Chris looks at Asher and noticed he was wearing a bunch of clothes that were too big for him. He also noticed that the poor boy could use a good bath.

“Asher, I would like you to meet my friend Zoey and US Marshal Weather.” Mouse motions to Chris and Zoey, who was still holding her.

“Don’t I get a mention?” Lilly comes walking into the kitchen.

Asher notices a dark-haired woman that was a little taller than Mouse comes walking into the kitchen. She looked like she could be a teenager from her looks.

“Asher, this my friend, Lilly. Lilly, this is Asher. Now that everyone has been introduced to everyone. I have coffee and donuts for everyone since we don’t have any food in the house. You, young lady, are getting juice.” Mouse looks into Zoey’s eyes.

Zoey just smiles at Mouse. She didn’t care that Mouse got her juice. She thought something bad had happened to her.

“It looks like you got an assortment of donuts.” Lilly noticed that Mouse picked out some of her favorites.

“Chris, I got you a large coffee, straight black because I didn’t know what you took in it. I did get you some sugar and creamers to go with it.”

“Thanks, Mouse.” Chris spots the straight black one.

“You’re welcome. Now, why doesn’t everyone grab what they want and head to the dining room.” Mouse looks into Zoey’s eyes “that includes you too, young lady.”

Zoey just smiles and grabs what donuts she wants. She picks up her juice as well. She looks at Asher and smiles at him. She heads into the dining room and sits down at the table.

Asher follows behind her and sits down at the dining room table as well. He takes a sip of his milk, before taking a bite out of his donut. He notices Zoey was enjoying the éclair she got for herself.

Lilly, Mouse, and Chris walk into the dining room with their drinks and donuts and sit down at the table. Zoey motions to Mouse for her to sit down next to her. She liked Mouse a lot.

“I think someone likes you a lot.” Lilly had noticed how attached Zoey was to Mouse.

“She’s got good taste.” Mouse takes a sip from her coffee.

Lilly sits down near Asher and takes a sip of her coffee. She looks at Asher “so, how long have you been living on the streets?”

“Almost a year now.” Asher takes a sip of his milk.

“What did you do, before you were forced to live on the streets?” Lilly was curious about Asher.

“I was living with my father until he caught me making porn movies and wearing women undergarments.” Asher was embarrassed about admitting that he liked wearing women’s clothing.

“How come you were wearing women's clothing and making porn movies?” Marshal Weathers was curious about that.

“I was trying to help my father pay our bills. All the other jobs I had weren’t paying enough money. So, I started appearing in online porn. It was the only thing that paid enough money.” Asher takes another bite from his donut.

“Let me guess, your father found out what you were doing and tossed you out of the house?” Lilly felt sorry for Asher.

She has heard similar stories about teenagers who came out to their parents about being gay and such. Or girls who had gotten pregnant and their parents toss them out of the house. She has met a lot of homeless teens and women while living on the streets.

“Well Asher, you won’t have to worry about that happening again.” Mouse looks at Asher like a big sister would.

“We still have our other problem to handle.” Lilly looks at Mouse.

“One problem at a time. Asher, when your done eating. I want you to take a bath in the bathroom in my and Lilly’s bedroom. You’re about my size, so some of my things should fit you until we go and buy you some clothes.” Mouse figures some of her clothes might be a little big on Asher, but they should fit him.

Zoey starts signing that she wants to help Asher. She had some t-shirts, panties, and socks that should fit him. She figures that he prefers to look like a girl.

“Okay, Zoey. See what you have that might fit Asher.”

Asher looks at Zoey “thank you.”

Zoey gets up and walks over to him and hugs him. She had a dream about him and knew they were going to be good friends. She releases him and walks over and sits back down at her place.

Chris, Lilly, and Mouse had watched the two teenagers and smiled. They were surprised by Zoey’s actions and glad the two teenagers would get along. After breakfast, Lilly takes Asher upstairs to her and Mouse’s bedroom.

“Here you go, kiddo.” Zoey shows Asher the bathroom.

“Wow! He has never seen a shower/bathtub setup he was looking at before.”

“I know, this bathroom is amazing. Feel free to use whatever shampoo and body soap you want to.” Lilly noticed that Mouse had set out everything they packed.

“Thank you.” Asher smiles at Zoey.

Dining Room:
Mouse looks over at Chris “okay, what is the story about why you were broken down on the side of the road. And that SUV that had followed us?”

Chris sighs before he begins telling Mouse what is going on. He looks at her “according to my cousin, someone in the justice department is feeding information to those mercenaries. They knew every safe house we stayed at and where we were heading.”

“Who’s your cousin?” Mouse was wondering if they might be revealing Chris’s location.

“Her name is Katja.”

“Katja? Does she look like this?” Mouse brings Katja’s picture up on her cellphone and shows it to Chris.

“Yeah, that’s my cousin. How do you know her?” Chris looks at Mouse with a suspicious look on his face.

“She works for my uncle and gathers information for him.”

“So, you’re related to her mysterious boss?” Chris has always wanted to know more about the person his cousin worked for.

“Before you ask, I can’t talk much about my uncle. I’m just his niece from England. I can tell you this, he is very good at what he does, and if you're ever in a bind, he’s the man you want on your side.” Mouse was proud of her uncle.

“So, what suggestions do you have about my problem?” Chris was still figuring out his next move.

“Well, first I need to make a phone call to my aunt in New York and explain what is going on. Secondly, I need to call my mother and talk with her.” Mouse knew her mother would want to know what she has gotten herself into.

“Why your mother and aunt?” Chris was puzzled about that.

“Because my aunt will want to know why I suddenly changed my vocation plan. As for my mom, let’s just say the countess doesn’t like getting secondhand news from anyone else.” Mouse knew her mother would want to know what was going on and she wanted to tell her about Zoey and Asher.

“You’re a countess daughter?” Chris was surprised by that.

“Yes, I’m the daughter of a countess. However, my mom isn’t just any countess. She’s a very special person.” Mouse wishes she could tell
Chris her mother was the director of one of the branches of MI 5.

Chris could tell Mouse was holding something back. What it was, he couldn’t tell, but he could see it in her eyes.

“Alright.”

Zoey comes back downstairs with Lilly after laying out some clothes for Asher. She had her drawing pad with her. She walks over to Mouse and shows her a picture on it. The picture was of her cousins Hatter, Hatter’s boyfriend Shade, Anika, Gina, and Dakota. There was a black-looking angry ghostly car in the background.

Mouse looks at Zoey “did you do this?”

Zoey shakes her head yes. She turns the page and there was a picture of the countess, Mouse, Lilly, Asher, and herself. They were standing in front of the Washington monument.

Mouse looks up at Zoey again “does everything you draw come true?”

“So, far it has.” Chris knew what it meant when Zoey had her sketchpad out.”

Mouse keeps looking at the pictures. The drawings were pretty accurate of the people who were in them. The one of Hatter brings a smile to her face because it showed her with an evil grin on her face.

“Looks like we are going to have some company then.” She looks at Lilly “I hope you don’t mind meeting my family.”

Lilly looks at the pictures on the sketchpad “are all of these people your family?”

“Everyone except, Dakota and the ghostly black angry car.”

“What do Dakota and the car mean?” Chris was curious about those two.

“If I had to guess, the angry car is Dakota’s husband’s car named Wraith. Let’s just say that your mercs don’t stand a chance against it. I’ve seen it in action before. As for Dakota, she’s a hand-to-hand expert like her brother. She’s also an undercover expert.”

“Sounds like we are going to have a lot of back-ups.” Chris wonders what they were going to do with so many people.

“Oh, trust me. Your mercs won’t stand a chance against my family. My cousin Gina or my aunt Anika alone could take all of them out. Hatter
would have too much fun with them.” Mouse pulls her cellphone out.

“Let me guess, you’re calling your aunt?” Chris kept watching Mouse.

“I have to. We have no other choice.” Mouse presses the preprogrammed number for her aunt Anika.

up
181 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahh the back up is coming.

Samantha Heart's picture

I wouldn't be too suprised if the the old wolf him self dosen't show up at some point even if its just a phone call. Looks like a bit of a family reunion only a business one. Ohhhh this is going to be good! Lots & lost of action. Coming to a screen near you soon.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Ummmmm

Zoey is mute, not deaf. She has no need to read lips. Handy skill to have, though.

Anika and some other members of the "Group" or "Team" show up with their badges and Chris will feel a lot more relaxed. And Wraith would be the ideal vehicle to transport Zoey when it is time. And get Morgana on the job, and she can likely ferret out the leak.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Bad guys and brick walls

Jamie Lee's picture

Those mercs are about to discover what trouble is really like. They are also needing to make a life and death choice, their life or death. Those they will go up against will make sure the mercs understand their services are better used elsewhere, or else.

Others have feelings too.