Striving For Identity.

Printer-friendly version
Striving for Identity
By
Gwen Brown

The hour was late when the sheets finally released me. It was after Noon. The Temperature was likely to be over 27 today. Being elderly the warmth would be pleasurable perhaps. The painful Arthritis might perhaps not voice it’s displeasure. It would be too warm for my usual long skirt on my Electric assist Bike. I loved it, those in Denmark were so clever and at my age I did not feel motivated to go through the torture of coaxing a regular Bike, no matter how many speeds, across the city. It was clear that I would never have the fat bottom of the girls I admired. Sorting through my drawers I found a pair of black leggings with an attached, Leopard print skirt, but could I muster the courage to wear that in public? Even with a very padded Ladies seat, I would be very sore before I knew it. I pulled on a pair of Medium Depends, hoping that would add some fullness to my butt, and keep me dry if my Kidneys decided to release without warning. I had a Ladies tank top with built in bra, that I feared should be a size larger. I wondered how ladies got the courage to go round outside without a shirt over that. I put one on but left it loose. My Covid mask would form part of my disguise. Where I live, one seldom sees anyone without one.

My Tyres were inflated to half their Maximum and there was no forgiveness in them despite hydraulic forks and spring-loaded seat. Who was I joking with? I would never be an elite athlete.

The ride North between the High Rises seemed to generate their own strong wind. I had been blown off my bike once there. Today there was no gale and I arrived at the Tilikum Bridge. For reasons that were beyond me, it carried only Passenger Rail, Buses, and pedestrians. I had hoped to arrive at a Bike shop before they closed but that was not to be. Perhaps tomorrow?

Just wondering, I stopped at a friendly Market. I found Beer with no Alcohol. I had gotten a fright from drinking Ale, staying up all night writing and using a drug called Trazodone. I had no memory of reading a story in the past and the Author was asking questions now. I felt like a Tot caught weeing on the sidewalk. For now, there would be no more Alcohol. Yesterday I was greatly surprised that the American FDA had a recall out on Trazodone. Would that spread?

The streets were almost absent of traffic and I enjoyed that. Perhaps there would be more pleasurable rides this summer. It seemed that the Rioting by the young YOBs had paused. Just waiting for another high visibility news story to occur. I used to be a LEO and we never shot anyone who had not been aggressive to us.

Lots and lots of Laundry tomorrow. Perhaps a ride after? For Dinner tomorrow, perhaps Spaghettis' and Meatballs. Perhaps I will not worry about if they have Pork? Perhaps Allah SWT will not punish me? Can I find meat balls without Pork? Perhaps I can purchase some shelled and cooked Shrimp and put them in Pasta with white sauce. These are so much more pleasant ponderings than when I was impersonating a Man and wondering why that was questioned.

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos