++Getting By++

Printer-friendly version
+ # Getting By # +

Doctor Marla Frances didn’t resist any more. All she could do is get by. Her days were spent at the Hospital working 10-hour days beginning at 7:00 AM, 6 days a week, missing breaks and lunches, caring for people who might thank her by her never seeing her again and hopefully not suing her. At the end of the drudgery, she made the short trip home to a solitary and hopefully quiet dinner before the nightly turmoil began.
She’d been a star during her education and at the start of practice at the hospital. And her two subsequent children, Amy and Jason aged, 2 and 3, were the joy of her life. Then her husband, Jack, suddenly gone by a drunk driver they said. Recently she had started to suspect that he was murdered but did not know of a motive.

By the time she finished and stood up, her ankles had already been shackled and her feet were in Locked on towering heels to prevent her from misbehaving or showing any resistance. She’d get a far too short visit with the children before their bedtime. The hired care giver, Margret, would see them asleep. Thankfully, they did not often wet the bed, and they were young enough to still share a room, though it had an attached half bathroom. When she left for the night, the door to their shared bedroom was electronically locked. She suspected that they’d been given a strong sleeping agent.

This nightmare had started shortly after the death of her husband. His estranged brother, Russ had shown up, stating that he wished to reconcile with his brother Jack, expressing surprise at his death. She began to suspect his motives when he started to surprise her in her private bathroom at odd times. Then, one evening when she had just finished dinner, she felt faint and at first though she was having an Ocular Migraine, an infrequent, painless visitor in the past. She’d wakened hours later, in steel shackles, bed heels and cuffs. Her mouth had an O gag made to mimic lips.

Naked on top of the covers, a dick was in her mouth and down her throat. At first, she thought she was dreaming because Jack and her had been into mildly kinky sex and he had taught her not to suffocate with a dick down her throat. The owner of this dick clearly did not know what he was doing or did not care because she felt on the verge of suffocation. He bragged to Marla about having given her LSD. She knew how dangerous LSD was and that she could now have recurrent trips for a very long time. If that was so, she would be even more helplessly captive. The Doctor fervently hoped that a trip did not happen to her at work.

After he finished in her mouth, he’d take her vaginally for hours. Her only break would be to use the toilet when she cried out. Thankfully, he found anal sex to be distasteful. She could do without the various fistulas and torn anal ring.
Subsequently, his hold on her was the threat to harm her children. So now, she just got by, fearful of what he might do to them and perhaps her also. The Children’s care giver took care of the grocery shopping and hired housekeeping. Marla had no way to know if any of the staff were part of the abuse.

After almost 2 more years of getting by, early on a Sunday, when her drunken tormenter was sleeping in, she managed to quietly get out of bed despite the noise of her bondage chains and other metal clanking and leave the room. Her excuse would be that she was hungry and was on the way to the kitchen if he wakened and caught her.

It was slow moving, fettered as she was. Along the way she passed her dead husband’s home office, the door to which had always been kept locked. On impulse, she tried the door and it opened. She quickly moved inside, shut the door, and locked it. Had Russ somehow been inside or did housekeeping forget to lock it? Hopefully, Marla would be safe inside, at least for a while.

She expected the phone to be dead but thought that Jack had used a secret switch to disable it. She also knew of two concealed fire-resistant file drawers and a hidden safe. She remembered that he had one time told her that the combination of it was her birthdate. The young woman hoped to find something to help her out of this mess. It was easy to find the hidden files recessed into the floor by the desk, and he’d one time shown her how to raise them using a hidden switch under the desktop.

Inside, Marla found a file marked with the name of Jack’s estranged brother, and inside she found a sad tale of criminality to include rape, burglary, embezzlement and worse. Now she knew why Jack had felt his brother to be so dangerous. Had Russ been in prison and just gotten out? Later, after reviewing other documents, she began to suspect that Jack had been in fact murdered by his brother.
In the bottom file drawer, she found simple drawings of the house that showed his office with a hidden door to the nursery, and one to an armored panic room. That was also connected to the Master bedroom. She had hoped to find keys to her bondage, but there weren’t any. For now, she was stuck with being gagged, cuffed, and shackled, tottering along on painful heels.

At the Hospital where she worked, she wore Nurses mules, a Scrub skirt, and a white lab coat. Russ had put an end to her wearing any sort of pants shortly after his arrival. His seemed to delight in humiliating her.

Almost forgetting, she opened the wall safe and at first though it to be empty but inside a door in the bottom she found a pistol with two full clips with one inserted but the weapon was not chambered. and two explosive devices (Flash bangs). To Marla the barrel on the pistol looked like a cannon. Then she remembered that he’d taken her to the police range just after they were married and between him and an instructor, made sure she could shoot it and shoot it well. She’d almost forgotten. Now greatly encouraged, Marla set about getting to her two sleeping toddlers, and getting all of them into the panic room. The armoured door now locked, she set about getting her very dangerous abuser out of the house and dead if necessary. There was a phone in the panic room but with the ring gag in doubted that the emergency operator would have any patience with her. The Ring gag seemed to be locked in place in her mouth by a heavy leather strap with a lock at the back.
Marla remembered that her phone was in her pack either in the dining room or the bedroom. She wondered if calling emergency services and leaving the line open would work?

She did not feel brave enough to go searching in the house for her pack, even with the gun. Then she had the idea to call the nurses station where she worked to ask for help even if gagged. Surely one of the Nurses would have sense enough to respond correctly. The caller ID would let them know the call was coming from her home. Now Marla was wishing that she had previously set up some sort of nonverbal code. The land line phones in her area of the county could have been set up to text, now she was sorry she had not done it.

The panic room had screens showing cameras in several areas of the house, some were outside. The screen showing the Master bedroom showed that Russ was up, though she did not know how hung over he was or where he had gone. Marla wished that Jack had had the Architect specify many more of the cameras; making them somehow able to swivel.

Then she saw Russ pass through the kitchen and out into the garage.

Beneath the Camera screens was a small keyboard. One button said “Police”, and without hesitation, she pressed it, even without knowing exactly what it did. Another said “Fire” and she pressed it too.

Knowing that Russ was in the Garage, Marla quickly opened the panic room door and threw a flash bang out after arming it, not suspecting that it might cause a fire.

With the door shut again, Marla knew that she had done all she could. The noise wakened the children but they comforted rather easily.
The Emergency Services called her in the panic room, and she told them about Russ. Though, with the ring gag in her speech was barely understandable, and took several tries before the operator finally understood her.
He had fled in her car but would be apprehended within the week. When they arrived outside the panic room, she let them in and had to endure the embarrassment of them seeing her predicament. The fire department used bolt cutters on her gag and as soon as she could talk, Marla asked them to cut all of it off. She’d never worn heels and having worn them for days, decided to get some low ones to wear when she wanted to.

The Flash bang had started a small fire, but the Firemen were thrilled to extinguish with minimal damage.

At Russ’s arraignment, it came out that he and Jack had quarrelled, and Jack had fallen, hitting his head and killing him. She wondered where the story about the drunk driver had come from.

Russ would be charged with manslaughter, rape, and kidnapping. Marla hoped that he would be in confinement for a long time. It came out that Russ was intersex, and Jack had been unkind to him about that issue, leading to greatly reduced sentence for the manslaughter.
When Russ was moved to the institution to serve his time, without his knowledge a tracker was implanted in his hip. He thought he was getting various vaccinations. It would cost Marla a monthly fee to have him tracked and she was glad to pay it. She knew that Russ would be free someday and she wanted to know where he was.

Some erroneously believe that her mistreatment would cause her to be drawn to BDSM, but the truth was that she counselled for PTSD for a long time after. Would she ever date or even remarry? That chapter has not been written.

(Wakened from a dream around 2:00 AM. Wrote until around 7:00 AM. It’s 2:00 PM. I’m going to try to sleep)(Your old men shall dream dreams).

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looking At End Notes

I am going back to bed. Writing a story all night long is egotistical insanity for me. I am still exhausted.

Gwen