Pretty Fixture

Printer-friendly version
Pretty Fixture

My name is Anastasia Johnson, Annie for short. I was a high school Junior with 4.0+ grades and babysitting two children, twin girls, age 8 years old, the evening that this happened. Their parents arrived home earlier than usual and with them came the husband’s brother, Blake. I was rushed and as soon as they paid me, I was in my little car and on the way home.

A few days later, Mrs Edwards called me to tell me that her husband’s brother wanted me to call him, that he had a business offer for me. She knew that I was saving money for college. I did call him, and he asked if I could come to his estate golf club for a meeting. It was early June, and I would be starting my last year of High School in the fall. I could have graduated early but liked school, so I didn’t. I already had acceptance letters from lots of colleges, but wanted to stay in Stanford, California and attend their college to be close to home, at least at first.

I knew that my parents had paid to have my genetics tampered with, and only the Doctor doing the tampering knew how much he did. Both my parents were scientists, but actually knew little outside their disciplines. My parents could have paid my way, but I wanted to earn my own money and do it all myself. I was sort of a bookish tom boy and had no plans to even date at all. I got a shot that shut off my ability to get pregnant, but that was just a precaution in case something happened. I’d never dressed up though did have both pants, dresses, and skirts. I hated bras for my moderately sized breasts, so just wore bralettes or self-adhesive nipple shields. I did not know that the egg that made me had been fertilized XY but was changed to XX at my parents’ wishes.

I knew that I had a tracker in me and that when I slept at night, a coil in my mattress kept it charged. Without the charging, it would work for several days. I did not know that there was a paid team that followed me and had strict instructions to never make their presence known. In the year “2525” criminality was greatly reduced but my parents did not take chances and did their best to ensure that I was protected.

I met Mister Edwards in a vacant corner of the cafeteria at the club at 2:00 PM. We chatted for a few moments and then he got right into his proposal. He knew that I was very bright and quite pretty. That day I wore an ankle length short sleeve dress. His proposal was that I be a “pretty fixture” at his club for he hoped 20 hours a week attended at my own discretion. There were no requirements that I mix with anyone, and I would use my own judgment about what I wore. The renumeration was much greater than babysitting and included a very generous clothing allowance at several prestigious stores.

I was naive when I started working for him, though I wondered if there was something I was not seeing. He was happily married with grown children and did not take advantage of the vulnerable. Still a virgin, my superior intelligence excluded boys for now. Mister Edwards had informed the various stores that I would be appearing there and that they were to ‘dress me up’. I continued to live at home and deliveries for me were quickly unpacked by the maid and put away in my suite of rooms. My tomboy clothes quietly disappeared to separate storage though I would not let her throw them out.

Feeling some responsibility for my image at the club, my first day was heeled colourful sneakers, mini skirt and crop top. I usually kept my blonde hair in a single, hip length, braid and had grown very adept at braiding it after I shampooed it. I tried to be there about 4 hours a day with my daily hours varying. Anyone who was inappropriate around me risked expulsion. The management was absolutely supportive.

XXX

I wakened to hearing the voice of a woman from something like an ear bud in my ear. She said that if I did exactly as instructed, I would live otherwise something on my body would kill me. She didn’t elaborate except to warn me that my speaking would cause the same thing.

I didn’t know that the Doctor that did my genetic work secretly harboured a grudge against my father and was willing to wait until he could inflict the most pain on my father. Initially, he had been told not to try to contact me or I would be killed. And I was told that if I disobeyed it would lead to my death. So the vengeful Doctor had done a great deal to make our lives miserable. We had both been told early on to not involve the police.

Later, we would find out that the supposed explosive devices around my neck and waist were completely harmless despite the fact that the fastenings were too fiddly for me to remove alone. His plan fell apart when he was visited by the FBI and FDA for suspicion of fraudulent diagnoses and unneeded drug prescriptions, which he charged exorbitant amounts for. In their legal searches (Warranted) his plot was discovered. It took a while and in the meantime he was arrested trying to flee the country. He was held without bail despite the impassioned testimony of his attorney.

I was nearly 30 years old by the time his trial concluded. He was given a very long term in prison. We are watching to see if he gets out before the term is up. The press is full of stories where criminals who were supposed to be languishing in stir, somehow got out much earlier.

We and our Attorneys are watching.

up
20 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I feel like I'm missing something

like there is a part in the middle that didn't get published.

huggles anyway!

DogSig.png

I Agree.

This should have had another edit or two. As I have done before, I might just hot edit it online. I used to permit others to edit my stories but some of them went overboard.