What’s It’s Like for A Girl Part 22

Printer-friendly version

Max looks at the homework she had to catch up on while she was in the hospital. Joy and Greg have been stopping by to let her borrow their notes. Her head still hurt a little, but she could deal with it. Her doctor had said she was lucky because any lower they could have killed her.

Detective Ben Spade was working on her case, and he might have a lead on who attacked her. The slingshot itself had been cleaned. However, the ball bearing itself held a partial print. They were running the print through their criminal database and checking with other police departments for similar attacks.

Donna comes walking into Max’s bedroom with a wooden tray in her hands. She had requested a few days off from work to take care of Max.

“Lunchtime, little sister.” Donna stands next to Max’s bed.

“Thanks, I’m starved.” Max moves her laptop aside and the notepad of notes Greg took.

“Here you go. I hope you like it.” Donna sets the tray on top of Max’s lap.

Max looks down at the food. There was a huge roast beef sandwich and curly fries to go with it. A smile appears on her face as she looks up at her sister “thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Donna sets a bottle of Mountain Dew on Max’s nightstand.

She looks at the notes Greg took, and Joy took for Max. Greg’s handwriting was worse than Max’s. Joy on the other hand had nice, neat handwriting.

“How can you read Greg’s notes?”

“He does have bad handwriting, but he also records the lesson that Mrs. Jefferson gives. So, between the video recording and his and Joy’s notes. I can figure out how to work the problem. Plus, using the math calculator program on my laptop helps as well.”

“Max, that’s cheating. You’re not going to have that when you’re taking a test.” Donna knew Max was making a mistake using that program.

“It shows me step for step how it got to the answer, sis. This way I can see how the program arrived at the answer and compare it to Greg and Joy’s notes.”

“I still think it is cheating.” Donna had to do the math the hard way.

“Were not in the sixty’s anymore, sis.” Max loved teasing her big sister.

Donna gives Max a dirty look. She was only four years older than her.

“I’m not mom’s age, little sister.”

“I know. However, I wonder what you would have looked like with those old fashion torpedo bras they use to wear.”

“That was before the sixty’s silly. The sixties were the go-go boots and short skirts.” Donna had a sixty’s outfit she liked wearing at the club when they have the sixty’s night.

“I wouldn’t mind trying out one of those torpedo bras.” Max liked how they pointed out the sweaters and such.

“You’ll need bigger breasts if you want to wear one.” Donna knew how small Max’s breasts were.

“I’m almost a B cup.” Max took her measurements a few days ago. Right before someone tried to kill her.

Donna looks at Max’s chest. She notices Max was wearing the aqua blue nightgown she gave her.

“You still look small to me.”

“I’m hoping they get as big as yours and mom.” Max wanted to be like her sister and mother.

“Maybe, they will. Why don’t you eat your lunch, while I go and get the laundry going?” Donna stands up off Max’s bed.

“Thanks for lunch and everything else, Donna.” Max looks at her older sister.

“You’re welcome, little sister.” A smile appears on Donna’s face as she leaves Max’s bedroom.

Max finishes up her lunch and sets the tray aside. She grabs her laptop and surfs the web for a while. She still had plenty of homework to do.

While she is surfing the websites, she logs onto their school website. It had been set up for the students to interact with each other. She comes across a video of her that someone had posted. It showed her being hit and falling.

She looks down at who posted it and saw some student using the handle Mad Dog 2021. She searches another post by that user’s name. She finds a few more on the school website.

She reads the post and as she is reading them, she is starting to get the impression that they might belong to a white supremacist. She knew there were several in the area, but none of them have ever been this bold before.

She makes a list of the post and sends that information to Detective Spade. Detective Spade reminded her of her uncle Frank. He had salt and pepper hair military-style cut hair, well-developed muscles, and stood at least six-five, maybe six-seven feet tall. He didn’t look like someone you wanted to cross or get on his bad side.

Once she is done sending the email to him. She goes back to work catching up on her homework. She had a test she needed to take for one of her classes, but her teacher was going to let her do that over zoom. Once she was done with her homework and classwork. She gets up and heads to the bathroom.

She was still getting used to the fact that she has to wipe her butt, front to back. Her mother and sister suggested she gets used to it. That way she won’t make the mistake of wiping herself the other way when she finally gets her surgery.

While she is sitting on the toilet, she thinks about what Mrs. Karr told her. Since she won’t be able to compete until her head wound is healed. She’ll be helping her out during practice and the meets. She also wasn’t to leave the girl's locker room anymore by herself.

When Max is done doing her business. She cleans herself and heads back to her bedroom. She gathers all her schoolbooks and assignments up to give to Joy.

Afterward, she lays back down and starts watching a movie she has been wanting to watch for a while.

up
143 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Soooooo it could be someone at school

Samantha Heart's picture

That attacked Max. Possibly a white supremely group. I hope they catch the person who did attack Max

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Pure stupidity

Jamie Lee's picture

That person who attacked Max acted out of pure stupidity, in thinking the attack would stop Max, kill her, or they'd get away with it.

What did Max ever do to that person, personally? How is Max living her life caused changes in the lives of others, short of maybe making them rethink their beliefs?

That AH has ruined their life by that attack. They're wrong in thinking they got away with it, because they won't be able to not gloat about what they did. Their life, when they're caught, will then be defined by others. They will be told when to eat, where they can and cannot go, and when to sleep. And this will follow them for the rest of their life.

Others have feelings too.