The Heaviness Of The Badge Chp. 12

Printer-friendly version

0100 hrs. Julia’s Hospital Room, Montana General Hospital:
Jack walks into Julia’s hospital room and spots his wife and his daughter-in-law. His wife was sitting next to Julia’s hospital bed and holding her hand. He spotted Christmas sleeping in the other chair.

He walks up behind his wife and places his hand on her right shoulder “how is she doing?”

Debbie turns her head and looks at her husband when she hears his voice. She was relieved that he finally showed up.

“She’s doing better, but she is still in critical condition. The doctor has Julia in a medically induced coma.” Debbie was still holding Julia’s hand.

“How serious are her injuries?” Jack wanted to know how bad his baby was.

“If she recovers from her physical injuries. She’ll still have the mental trauma of what happened to her.” Debbie saw the accident and that was going to leave a mental scar on Julia.

Jack walks over to Julia’s unconscious form and places a kiss on her forehead. He leans in close to her ear “daddy’s here sweetie and I’m going to punish everyone that hurt you.”

Jack hated seeing his oldest injured. He never wanted his two oldest to follow in his footsteps, but he knew Julia has always wanted to be a cop.

“I want the bastards that hurt our daughter. I want their heads on a platter.” Julia meant a lot to Debbie. She watched as Julia and Gina went from being two scared abused girls to becoming two strong women.

“You’ll get more than that.” Jack looks over towards Christmas.

“Sometimes I wonder if Julia should have ever become a cop.”

“It’s what she has always wanted to do. I couldn’t talk her out of it. How are Christmas and the kids handling this?”

“The kids are concerned about their mother and are staying at our house, while Christmas is here. As for Christmas, she’s handling this situation better than I thought she would.” Debbie saw how strong Christmas is trying to be.

“How long are you going to stay here?” Jack looks into Debbie’s eyes.

“Until I know Julia is going to be okay. I don’t want to leave her side.” Debbie wasn’t going to leave her daughter’s side.

“I’ll have Selina bring you and Christmas some clean clothes.”

“Thanks, sweetie.” Debbie stands up and kisses Jack.

Jack returns the kiss and slips Debbie his .45. He knew if the assassin tried once, they would try again.

“Take it for protection.”

Debbie tucks the gun behind her back. No one was going to hurt her family. She’ll die before she allowed that to happen.

Jack walks out of the hospital room. He was going to find the person who gave the order to kill his daughter. But first, he needed to go by the house to see his sister and his new granddaughter.

Captain Thomas’s House, Around Midnight:
“Wakey, Wakey Captain Thomas.” Gina had her handgun pointed at Captain Thomas’s forehead. Sphinx was standing near her.

Captain Thomas wakes up and spots a gun pointed at his forehead. An orential woman was looking down at him, dressed in black.

“Who are you and what are you doing in my house?” Captain Thomas also noticed a set of glowing eyes standing near his bed.

“I’m Gina Bounty and I want to know why you have been so hard on my sister, lately.” Gina had gotten word from Bart that Captain Thomas had been transferred from Texas because of his association with known drug cartel members.

According to the information he attained, Captain Thomas was hired by someone in the higher ranks of the Montana police force. He was put there to replace Julia’s former captain. His job was to force Julia to quit the force.

“What is it with you Bounty’s? Do you think you have the right to break the law?” Thomas looks at Gina as she pointed her gun at his forehead.

“You haven’t answered my question, Mister Thomas.” Gina presses the barrel of her gun harder against Mr. Thomas’s forehead.

“Go ahead and shoot me. You’ll never get your answers.”

“Oh, I’m not going to shoot you. I have something better.” Gina yanks captain Thomas out of his bed.

Thomas lands on the floor and spots his handgun. He goes for his gun and brings it up to point it at Gina. Just as his arm came up, Sphinx grabs it and squeezes hard. Thomas yells as he feels the sharp teeth sink into his arm.

“Now, let’s try this again. Why are you after my sister?” Gina still had her gun out but was letting Sphinx enjoy himself.

Thomas looks at Gina “GO TO HELL, BITCH!”

“I was hoping you would be this stupid. Sphinx Spòrsail!”

Sphinx starts shaking Thomas’s arm violently. He was trying to pull it out of the socket. Blood was flying everywhere as he shakes his head.
Captain Thomas yells as he feels Sphinx yank on his arm, violently. He could feel it being pulled out of his shoulder socket.

“Sàil!”

Sphinx stops shaking Captain Thomas’s arm. There was blood on the floor. Gina looks at Captain Thomas “now, I would tell me what you know, or I’m going to let him finish. After that, I’ll start on another limb.” Gina wasn’t playing.

Captain Thomas looks at into gina’s dark eyes and could tell there were anger there and blackness. The same blackness he saw in Julia’s when he pissed her off.

“She’s sticking her nose into things that don’t concern her. What else do you think is going on.” Captain Thomas was doing everything he could to keep from passing out from the pain.

“Her job.” Gina pulls the trigger, shooting Captain Thomas between the eyes.

Sphinx lets go and had blood dripping from his muzzle. Gina walks into Captain Thomas’s bathroom and grabs a towel to clean Sphinx’s
muzzle. She was pissed that someone Julia trusted was trying to kill her.

She sticks the special thumb drive Mouse gave her into Captain Thomas’s computer and taps her earbud “it’s all yours Mouse.”

Gina’s House, Arabella’s Computer Room:
Mouse was impressed with the setup Arabella had. She could tell it had some of Gina’s handy work in the design of the computers and server. The computer setup at Jack’s house was still in the stone age. When Gina told her that she could use Arabella’s setup. She wasn’t expecting what she saw.

Once she connected with her computer at work, she ran Pierre Soghanalian's name through the system. She also searched everyone that Bella managed to get a picture of. She loved the access she had. While she was researching everyone, she used the Eruptions satellite system to use the new software that could locate anyone they were looking for. The software was based on the same type used in the Fast and Furious movies.

Her superiors had approached her to develop the software to use the camera system in England. But thanks to the fact that Eruptions communications were a telecommunication company. She could use the software to access every cellphone around her.

She sets the software up to locate the person who ordered Julia’s death and the gang leader that was hired to do the job. While the system was doing that, she gets a hit from Interpol on Pierre Soghanalian. He was the son of Lord of War Viktor Bout. He delt in weapon trafficking and blood diamonds. He also had connections among the Cartel and several governments.

One of those Cartels was the Los Zetas who Julia had cost them millions of dollars in California. Arabella’s computer beeps, letting Mouse know it has located the people she was looking for. She knew her uncle Jack was supposed to be home sometime tonight. She covers up a yawn as she walks downstairs to the kitchen to fix herself some coffee. Gina had gone off to question Julia’s Captain. She wanted to know why he has been so hard on her.

“Hey, Cadmus.” Mouse spots Cadmus patrolling the house.

She walks by him and heads into the kitchen. She knew he was making sure everyone in the house was safe. Gina’s new daughter was upstairs in the spare bedroom, sound asleep. Arabella was in her bedroom asleep as well. Trigger was asleep on Arabella’s bed. Her new sisters were at uncle Jack’s place asleep.

Julia’s children were at Jack’s as well, along with Waffles, Roxy, and Terror. Roxy and Waffles were Haylee’s pets. Chayton was forming abond with Terror and his little sister Catori had a little kitten she found at school. The poor little thing was tiny and needed help. So, she and Haylee begged their mother to keep it.

Sphinx and Waffles weren’t too thrilled about having a cat in the house, but Roxy protected it and treated it like one of her pups. The kitten was curled up with Catori on her bed. How the other wolves are going to handle having a cat around is going to be a good question.

When Mouse arrives back in Arabella’s game room. She notices that Gina wanted her to access Captain Thomas's computer, laptop, and cellphone.

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Perhaps a playtime with a Komodo dragon?

0.25tspgirl's picture

Jack’s past warnings seem to have worn off. A page from the Steel Butterfly might work well here? Jack has way more help than Lissa does too. Seems a shame Gina didn’t wring more out of the rouge cop. He died way to easily. ‘Course Montana government has been corrupt since Anaconda Copper owned the state.

BAK 0.25tspgirl

Amateurs

It looks like Gina is an amateur when it comes information extraction.

So the Captain was in on this.

Samantha Heart's picture

Well thats ONE off the list NOW to get to the higher-ups in the Montana State Police, ANNNND the people responsible for Julia's accident. They ARE going to meet the Devil's Bounty Hunter first hand & they won't live to tell about it!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Jack's past

Jamie Lee's picture

Do all of these morons know what Jack used to do and who he worked for? Do they know he's friends with those that appear human but are much more?

Do these morons know the danger of messing with the Bounties? And how Jack asks questions to get the answers he wants?

Do any of these fools realize they've just shortened their life spans by attacking Julia?

Are they going to be surprised when the bullet exits their heads? Maybe for a split second.

They declared war and it's going to come and remove them from human existence. It will be to late for them to realize the mistake they made, once they're lying in a pool of their own life giving red stuff.

Others have feelings too.