The Heaviness Of The Badge Chp. 23 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Early Morning, Jack’s Ranch:
“Are you sure about this Mark?” Jack looks at Mark, Jester, Aylin, and Bree as they stood next to a black Subaru Forester Wilderness.

Mark and Aylin had talked about it and they wanted to drive back to New York instead of taking the Lear Jet. It would be a family vacation for them and they knew Bree would enjoy it. Jamie didn’t mind, she enjoyed the time she spent with Jack and Debbie.

“Well, if you're sure about this. I went ahead and informed your mother, Aylin. She wants you to check in with her while you’re on the road. Also, before you leave. I got a present for you, Bree.” Jack hands a light blue doggy carrier to Bree.

Bree accepts it and opens the door to see what was inside. She spots a little tan puppy with a bow around his neck.

“Oh! He’s so cute.” Bree pulls the puppy out to show her mother, Jamie, and her father.

Aylin, Mark, and Jamie look at the puppy and wonder what breed he was. He was tiny with big paws. Aylin looks at her uncle “what breed is he, uncle?”

“He’s a Bullmastiff. They are family-oriented and the runt of the litter. I know the breeder and they breed healthy Bullmastiff. Also, hears a name of a trainer I know that will train him to be almost as good as my wolves.” Jack hands a business card to Mark.

Mark looks at the name on it and notices the person trained dogs for the FBI and the disabled. He hands the card to Aylin so she could see it. He notices that Bree has already fallen in love with the puppy.

“What’s his name, Uncle Jack?” Bree looks towards Jack for an answer.

“Whatever you want to name him, sweetie.” Jack thought Bree should name the puppy since he was giving him to her.

Bree looks at the puppy she was holding. She tries to think of a good name for him. She knew her mom was named Mad Hatter, Jamie was named Jester and her father was named Shade.

“How about, Bear?” She figures Bear was a good name for the puppy.

“If that’s what you want, sweetie.” Aylin looks at the puppy and saw how big his paws are.

Bree looks at her mother and shakes her head yes. She wanted to name him Bear.

“Then he’ll be known as Bear.” Mark liked the name.

“Is there a vet in New York you trust, Mr. Bounty?” Mark knew they were going to need to find a vet for Bear to get his shots.

“He’s already had his first round of shots, Mark. However, there’s a vet a trust in New York. She’s former Special Forces and can be trusted. I’ll get her number from my Rolodex and text you.” Jack knew and trusted Dr. Potter.

“Thanks, Mr. Bounty.” Mark wanted to make sure the puppy was taken care of.

“Don’t worry about the cost of taking care of the puppy, guys. We have you covered for it.” Debbie knew the vet, the training, and whatever else Aylin and Mark needed for the puppy can be expensive. So, they were going to cover the cost.

“Thanks, Aunt Debbie.” Aylin looks at Debbie with a smile on her face.

“Well, we better get on the road and get some miles under us.” Mark knew they needed to get going.

“Be careful and remember to call your mother, Aylin. Also, you too Jamie.” Debbie looks at Jamie as well.

“I will Mrs. Bounty.” She gets in the back with Bree and the new puppy.

Mark gets in on the driver's side and buckles in. He watches as Aylin gets in on the passenger side. Once everyone is in the SUV, he starts the SUV and drives down the long driveway. He notices the wolves watching him as they leave.

“Well, that’s four down.” Debbie knew Cheshire and her family were going to visit the Montana Werecat pride. After that, she didn’t say what she going to do.

“True. I’m just happy Julia is home safe and sound. She’s got a rough road ahead of her.” Jack was happy his oldest was home but sorry that she was going to have a rough road ahead of her.

“She’s a strong woman and has her family to help her.” Debbie knew Selina was going to stay over at Julia’s place to care for her.

“True, I just don’t think this is over yet.” Jack had a feeling that this might be the calm before the storm.

“Well, if someone thinks they can hurt us. They will regret it. This family is strong and we can handle anything that comes our way.” Debbie places a kiss on Jack’s cheek.

A smile appears on Jack’s face “that is true. Let’s go inside and see how our other girls are doing.”

“Sounds like a plan to me.” Debbie holds Jack’s hand as they walk towards the house.

Chaos was standing on the porch like a guardian protecting his place. He was daring anyone foolish to attack his pack and family.

up
180 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

First post!

Glad to see everyone is safe and hopefully a good future ahead. Thanks for the story.

Nice ending (for now)

NoraAdrienne's picture

I can't wait to see where this amazing family shows up next with a new adventure to keep me entertained.

Not much on Julia

BarbieLee's picture

The series was mostly about Julia up until this last chapter and she only gets a mention. Still good story telling but I feel it strayed from supporting the main character.
Hugs Lady Dragon
Barb
Life is supposed to be a learning experience not a brambles path of pain.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

I feel ANOTHER Bounty

Samantha Heart's picture

I fell there is another story coming involving this family! If I know Jack his instincts are spot on. Hardly EVER wrong & they KNOW better then go after "The big bad wolf directly" they will probably go for Gena next OR Christmas. Most likely Christmas as she's not trained as Julia or Gena are that I'm aware of. It might be time for Nora Midnight & maybevWild Fire to meet up ,& maybe join up with Jack on a mission or 2.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

chaos,

Wendy Jean's picture

would love to take on someone with evil in their heart.

Heading home

Jamie Lee's picture

Well, this emergency is over, so it is time everyone returns to their regular lives. Everyone needs a rest and Julia needs the time to fully recover and get back in shape.

But why would Jack feel this is the lull before another storm hits? Is it experience talking, or his extra sense working for him?

Jack, and the others, have pissed off quite a few people, going after them for various reasons. Someone in those groups has to be planning to be as stupid as others were, by going after Jack and him family.

This is another good story about the Bountys and the family. And what happens when they go to war.

Others have feelings too.